Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ron Perlman Is A Class Act

5 posters

Go down

Ron Perlman Is A Class Act Empty Ron Perlman Is A Class Act

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:34 am

This thread actually runs counter to colors "Celebrity Activism" thread, with a guy who goes the extra mile to put a smile on a little boy's face:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/07/06/ron-perlman-is-hellboy-again-for-make-a-wish/

Ron Perlman Is Hellboy Again For Make-A-Wish
Written on July 6, 2012 by Brendon Connelly in Film

It seems that I’m not the only one wanting to stop by the Spectral Motion workshops and see their magic with my own two eyes. According to an update on their Facebook page, they’ve played host to two young Make-a-Wish kids in just the last three weeks.

In one case, the wish was to meet Hellboy. Ron Perlman, of course, obliged. Here are some images of him back in the make-up, and then the young wisher getting his own sawn-off horns.

Ron Perlman Is A Class Act HB0-500x333

Ron Perlman Is A Class Act HB1

Ron Perlman Is A Class Act HB2

Ron Perlman Is A Class Act HB3-500x333

Ron Perlman Is A Class Act HB4

Ron Perlman Is A Class Act HB5

That makeup isn’t fun – just check out any interviews with Perlman or Del Toro on why there’s not going to be a third Hellboy film. Knowing about the discomfort just underlines this gesture.

And Zachary, if you or your Mom or Dad happen to read this, I’d just like to say how superb it is that you didn’t want to meet Superman, Spider-Man, Batman, or Iron Man. You wanted to meet Hellboy. Top class, young man!
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Ron Perlman Is A Class Act Empty Re: Ron Perlman Is A Class Act

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:52 pm

That is a sweet and touching thing ron did.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Unspeakably awesome! Go Perlman!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:45 pm

Totally awesome dude! Perlman is a class act, that's for certain. I just wish he/they would do another HELLBOY film. That last one was really good & mildly successful if I remember correctly. Del Toro though seems to be the problem there though. If not, get Perlman for more superhero films!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:31 pm

non_amos wrote:Totally awesome dude! Perlman is a class act, that's for certain. I just wish he/they would do another HELLBOY film. That last one was really good & mildly successful if I remember correctly. Del Toro though seems to be the problem there though. If not, get Perlman for more superhero films!

Actually, they were both burnt out after the last one wrapped. Perlman has to sit in make-up chair for 7 HOURS to get into character. That's pretty grueling.

But, from what I understand, he's ready to finish off the trilogy now. So depending on how 'Pacific Rim' does, maybe we'll get part 3?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:16 pm

I would love to see another film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:54 pm

Automatically a better superhero ambassador when it comes to film actors.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:51 pm

Looks like a 3rd film could be happening:
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/07/14/hellboy-3-guillermo-del-toro-ron-perlman/
Guillermo del Toro and Ron Perlman are in San Diego for Comic Con and were approached once again about the prospects of Hellboy 3. Both have said that they would like to do it, but didn't ever see it happening. Most fans had come to the sad conclusion that Hellboy's destiny that was spoken of in the previous two films would be left unfulfilled.

But things change. A six-year old who is battling leukemia is a huge fan of the films and request for his Make-A-Wish that Hellboy come and visit him. Perlman donned the costume once again and made a very sick child quite happy. That boys wish came true, but it also had another effect.

Del Toro says the event was also a factor in helping to bring himself and Perlman together on making a third Hellboy. “I’ve encountered a lot of kids who are fans of the movies,” said del Toro, “but to hear the story of this kid who was watching the movies while going through treatment, it really just moved me a lot.” The director stresses that he hasn’t yet approached Hellboy creator Mike Mignola on the prospect of a Hellboy III, nor is a studio signed on yet. But, he says, “We’re going to make an effort to do it. I hope it happens.”
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down