Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'TDKR' TV Spots & Trailers

+3
thecolorsblend
non_amos
Apologist Puncher
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

'TDKR' TV Spots & Trailers - Page 3 Empty Re: 'TDKR' TV Spots & Trailers

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:30 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Yeah, I'm still struggling with that one. I'm not a sports guy AT ALL but even I know better than that...

What's funny is, to THAT dink, it's either 5'7 OR 7'.

Nothing in-between.

thecolorsblend wrote:No kidding! Talk about taking no prisoners, holy shit! Welcome aboard, Alf! Hope you stick around!

Most definitely.

thecolorsblend wrote:Now, because we're all about intellectual honesty around here, I want to throw something out there. You could argue it either way about whether I've been the hardest on Chris Nolan around here or if non-amos (if that even his real name) has been. Tough to say. But one thing I have to acknowledge TDK did well was showing Batman being successful in his task.

It's the same reason I dig on the Punisher- Max series by Garth Ennis. That version of the Punisher had been at it for quite a while and he'd pretty much thrown the entire mafia into disarray. Same kind of thing with TDK. Batman had been at it for a little less than a year and he'd made serious traction in taking the mob apart piece of by piece.

So often, esp in comics, a character has been beating the hell out of people for years and years but nothing ever really improves. Obviously that's because the writers and editors want the story to keep going and if you write the story where Batman or Superman triumph once and for all over the criminal underworld, you've written the last Batman or Superman story. And that's fine, I get that, but it sometimes leaves the hero looking weak and ineffectual.

As much as TDK isn't really my brand of vodka as far as Batman goes, I have to give it props for showing us a Batman who was waging a war on the mob and had a little something more to show for it each day. You could argue that Burton implied it in Batman Returns but Nolan, as is his wont, made it pretty explicit in TDK.

I'm not excusing the myriad other dumb decisions related to these movies (how the hell could I?), I'm just giving the man his due on this one item.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I like Nolan's Bat-film's, I just prefer his original stuff MORE. And guess what? NOLAN DOES TOO.

But Hardly "Bane" and Julie-Newmar "Selina Kyle" are just too much for me this time. Nothing, NOTHING Tom Hardy does with "Bane" will change my mind on the stupid decision to cast him. Knowing the guy is a creatine-bloated shrimp assures me of this. I just won't buy it. And the decision to base a 2012 feature film character on a mostly-ridiculous version from the 1960's is almost as bad. And then on top of that, to NEVER call the character "Catwoman"?

Nolan please.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:46 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:Alf has already done a more than adequate job of DESTROYING your Nolanite-Defense.
No kidding! Talk about taking no prisoners, holy shit! Welcome aboard, Alf! Hope you stick around!

Thanks and yeah I sure do intend to stick around. It's nice to find a Superman forum where common sense still prevails. cheers
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:01 am

Alf wrote:Thanks and yeah I sure do intend to stick around. It's nice to find a Superman forum where common sense still prevails. cheers

Yes indeed. We don't "moderate" what people say here. At all. But if you say something people don't agree with, you gotta be ready to stand behind what you said. Because people will come at you, and they will come hard....

You know what I mean.

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:36 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:But if you say something people don't agree with, you gotta be ready to stand behind what you said. Because people will come at you, and they will come hard....

That part I do agree with since it is true apparently I myself learn that the hard way!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:39 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:That part I do agree with since it is true apparently I myself learn that the hard way!

As long as you learn.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:57 pm

Didn't know where to post this but we been talking here most lately:
Some TDKR news:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=63076

Lauren Hiestand @nickcarterroxs

The Dark Knight Rises has just finished screening for the press and critics,receiving a STANDING OVATION!!!

om McAuliffe @TomMcAuliffe

Just finished the screening of Dark Knight Rises...so much awesome...can't wait to see it again. And again.
Tom McAuliffe - "9 out of 10 for me. I'd put Amazing Spider-Man at a 7.5 and Avengers at an 8.5"

In reaction to who had the best moments - TomMcAuliffe - "Bane for sure."

"The trilogy is greater than the sum of its parts, and for me the 3rd was the very best part of the whole story. Dark knight is a classic in its own right - it stands alone, but in this trilogy, and as a closer, this film exceeds. It's an ending that presents opportunity for thought for sure. Risky/tough story well told, brilliantly acted, great cinematography, awesome score."

"To your original question - there are things I criticize in every film, but this one measures high on many measures. There will be some surprises but not big ones, the beauty of the film is how well it tells the story. Tom Hardy was incredible as Bane, the storyline was fantastic. I think the Joker is far more iconic than Bane, with more memorable quotes, but this story was great, including Bane's origin. Godfather 3 never happened. Xmen 3 & Spider-Man 3 were awful, this film was the perfect final chapter in the trilogy."
'TDKR' TV Spots & Trailers - Page 3 Ko102
As far as audience reaction, there were only 40-50 ppl in attendance (mostly critics), but there was applause and I leaned over and shook Michael Uslan's hand and congratulated him when his name appeared in the credits. I, myself, cried twice...once out of sadness and once out of pure geeky uncontrollable happiness. - DKRSHH

Vince just saw Dark Knight Rises at a press screening & says: "Wow. Quite speechless at the moment....TDKR was everything I wanted it to be"

— Marco Gennuso (@marcogennuso) July 6, 2012

Spoiler:

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:35 pm

'TDKR' TV Spots & Trailers - Page 3 Yawn
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:45 pm

A bunch of critics invited to a "special screening" by WB are falling all over themselves to "praise" 'Rises'?

'TDKR' TV Spots & Trailers - Page 3 Ad15e27a-9de8-4c83-9c52-7c09c9d3d760
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:38 am

Judging from those 'spoilers' it doesn't appear that this film is gonna be 'kid-friendly' after all! SO Mr. Nolan, there goes part of your potential audience. Add to that no midnite UK screenings & you really expect to win the international market?! Well at least THE AVENGERS have nothing to worry about after all.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:41 pm

non_amos wrote:Judging from those 'spoilers' it doesn't appear that this film is gonna be 'kid-friendly' after all! SO Mr. Nolan, there goes part of your potential audience. Add to that no midnite UK screenings & you really expect to win the international market?! Well at least THE AVENGERS have nothing to worry about after all.
Good points all, actually. Kids have played/are playing a big part in Marvel's success. I can't believe Hollywood is having to relearn this lesson. You'd think Star Wars alone would've had them keeping half an eye on the kiddie dollars all along. But I guess some people need to be told...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:46 am

thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:52 am

Since this is apparently my night for posting Batman videos...

thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:54 am

That fallon one was funny.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down