Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential Booster Gold series

3 posters

Go down

Potential Booster Gold series Empty Potential Booster Gold series

Post  webhead2006 Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Well it was mentioned awhile ago syfy is looking to do a booster gold live action series. Now it looks like pilot script has been handed in to syfy brass:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=58428
BOOSTER GOLD Script Now In The Hands OF Syfy Brass?

Fringe writer Andrew Kreisberg has reportedly submitted his draft for the pilot based on DC Comics’ character Booster Gold to Syfy. A "Fringe-esque" Booster Gold series seems like it would have great potential,right? Mark Julian - 4/23/2012

According to a Canadian movie website SneakPeek.ca, Fringe writer Andrew Kreisberg has turned in a draft for the hour long pilot based on DC Comics’ superhero Booster Gold to the Syfy network. I am not 100% sure on the source, so we'll leave this one in the rumor category for now. However, with CBM now putting the rumor out there, we should expect official confirmation or denial from Syfy pretty soon.

Reportedly, fans should be pleased with the pilot if it receives the green light and makes it on to television screens. Hopefully, it learns it's lessons from NBC's failed Wonder Woman attempt.

The series will be a one-hour drama based and will be executive produced by Greg Berlanti ("Brothers & Sisters").
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Potential Booster Gold series Empty Re: Potential Booster Gold series

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:20 pm

The producers of GA and Booster Gold (if either take off) should write a check for the former SV showrunners for all the free R&D.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:55 pm

Haha They sure should do that colors. As it was sv that has shown there is interest in more superhero tv shows.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:54 am

It's really something how SMALLVILLE introduced these characters to TV but now that they can get their own series, it's like the new creative teams want to wash their hands of Smallville. Just sayin'.......... Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:00 am

non_amos wrote:It's really something how SMALLVILLE introduced these characters to TV but now that they can get their own series, it's like the new creative teams want to wash their hands of Smallville. Just sayin'.......... Rolling Eyes
I understand wanting to cut ties as far as continuity goes. But changing the tone to something more "realistic"... ugh!

The trend of realism in superhero media tells me that the proponents thereof understand neither superheroes nor realism.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:06 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:It's really something how SMALLVILLE introduced these characters to TV but now that they can get their own series, it's like the new creative teams want to wash their hands of Smallville. Just sayin'.......... Rolling Eyes
I understand wanting to cut ties as far as continuity goes. But changing the tone to something more "realistic"... ugh!

The trend of realism in superhero media tells me that the proponents thereof understand neither superheroes nor realism.

Whatever happened to the FANTASY aspects of these films? I know I said it before but when I looked in a TV Guide back in the 80's they had SUPERMAN: the MOVIE listed as 'Fantasy' as far as it's genre went. And that was fine. So what?! I mean, ain't films still supposed to be an escape for us? If I want to see real life all the time, I'll just go to work, blah blah blah! Do you dig what I'm saying? Thanks a lot, Mr. Nolan! No
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:11 am

non_amos wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:

Whatever happened to the FANTASY aspects of these films? I know I said it before but when I looked in a TV Guide back in the 80's they had SUPERMAN: the MOVIE listed as 'Fantasy' as far as it's genre went. And that was fine. So what?! I mean, ain't films still supposed to be an escape for us? If I want to see real life all the time, I'll just go to work, blah blah blah! Do you dig what I'm saying? Thanks a lot, Mr. Nolan! No
Yeppers. But the other thing is that comic books operate in a world of their own. Their own rule of law, their own laws of physics, etc. The minute you bring that shit into the real world, you're left with the unavoidable conclusion that every single last one of Batman's "arrests" will get thrown out because of innumerable civil rights violations (breaking and entering, witness tampering, theft of evidence and who the fuck knows what else). Meanwhile, Superman would get the fuck sued out of him if he ever botched a rescue or underestimated his strength when taking out a bank robber or whatever. And, to say the least, it's not possible to "catch" an airplane, push a planetary body, etc.

In fact, the only marginally realistic "superhero" I can really think of is the Punisher... and that only because of his methods.

Apart from the "escape" angle you mention (which should be good enough on its own), the underlying morality, science, law, philosophy and other elements of comic books don't easily translate into the real world.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down