Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Punisher Series!

3 posters

Go down

New Punisher Series! Empty New Punisher Series!

Post  non_amos Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:36 am

http://www.rr.com/entertainment/topic/article/rr/9006/45744883/Marvels_Punisher_gets_makeover_with_new_team

AP
Marvel's Punisher gets makeover with new team

Published - Jul 08 2011 05:23PM EST

By MATT MOORE - Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA — Frank Castle, aka The Punisher, is not one for the soft touch, preferring to dispatch criminals with the flick of a trigger finger or a well-placed rocket launcher.

Now the Marvel Comics vigilante is expanding his game as a new creative team, led by writer Greg Rucka and artist Marco Checchetto, prepares to launch a new series next month starring the broken but brutal Castle, whose style is more outright execution than bringing the bad guys in for the law to handle.

Rucka said Friday the traditional mob wise guys Castle has battled with will be more contemporary but just as ruthless. The Punisher will be, too.

"We have two established groups _ one is called The Exchange, the other is sort of unnamed and is apparently headed by the Owl," he said. "The deal with The Exchange is interesting _ they are a 2011 crime organization" that is "Wi-Fi enabled and have access to the cloud."

The series debuts with the release in August of the first and second issues, and then goes monthly and begins with what's left of the crime gangs of New York _ already having been hunted to near extinction by Castle _ regrouping and reorganizing.

But Castle won't be standing idly by as that happens. The Punisher has long been Marvel's most lethal and driven character, carrying the memory of his family cut down in front of him, victims of internecine mob warfare. That baggage remains, always.

"Frank is incredibly damaged. He's a broken, broken human being. A price has been extracted from him unwillingly to be what he is," Rucka said, adding that the new series will keep that in focus as it goes forward.

One part of Castle that will also remain is his use of firepower. The Punisher has no super powers, just the military training he received as a U.S. soldier and his expertise with a host of weapons.

Rucka said Castle will have access to a "tool box" of weaponry to deal with his prey and those who want to prey on him, some "upper echelon tools," including one he would not divulge.

"If he can get this thing, he can make it a dark day for just about anyone who crosses him," Rucka said.

Readers will find out when "The Punisher" issues No. 1 and No. 2 are released in comic book shops, with a parental advisory tag.

___

Online:

http://www.marvel.com
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

New Punisher Series! Empty Re: New Punisher Series!

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:35 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=41332

New Punisher Series! 1310144574
New Punisher Series! 1310144666
New Punisher Series! 1310144690
New Punisher Series! 1310144692
New Punisher Series! 1310144705
New Punisher Series! 1310144707
New Punisher Series! 1310144716
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Hey AP! I couldn't help but notice that you didn't change the name of that site like you usually do. Just curious as to why. Could it be that they actually reported something right for a change? Not their usual 'Adam Harris' crapola? But yeah, that Punisher looks intense! It's something how it works for the comics but not the films. I still haven't watched the Dolph Lundgren version even though I own it. The Thomas Jane/John Travolta film I actually kinda liked but it could've been better. I actually did like the Ray Stevenson version but obviously the public didn't buy it. I believe it was supposed to be 'truer to the source material' but whatever. I suppose it didn't help having a villain named JIGSAW while the SAW films were still so popular. I just had a thought. Give it to Nolan. He likes 'ultra-realistic', mob bosses stories, e.g.: his Batman films! Yeah, give it to Nolan & at least expect INCEPTION numbers. Don't laugh. Although I'm being a little 'cute' here, by the same token, for the Punisher to work as a film, it probably wouldn't hurt to have a team like that. It does 'up the ante' a little bit. I mean, just look at pseudo-Joker!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:29 am

non_amos wrote:Hey AP! I couldn't help but notice that you didn't change the name of that site like you usually do. Just curious as to why. Could it be that they actually reported something right for a change? Not their usual 'Adam Harris' crapola?

Pretty much.

But yeah, that Punisher looks intense! It's something how it works for the comics but not the films.

I disagree. And I'll explain why later.

I still haven't watched the Dolph Lundgren version even though I own it. The Thomas Jane/John Travolta film I actually kinda liked but it could've been better.

The Lundgren movie wasn't half-bad, but the fact that they didn't even put him in a skull t-shirt was mind-boggling. Made no sense.

The Jane version was close to what they need to do with The Punisher, but not quite. Setting it in Tampa, FL due to budget was lame.

I actually did like the Ray Stevenson version but obviously the public didn't buy it. I believe it was supposed to be 'truer to the source material' but whatever. I suppose it didn't help having a villain named JIGSAW while the SAW films were still so popular.

It was on-par with 'Batman & Robin' as far as over-the-top cheesy stupidity, but Stevenson played it straight. I went to a $5 theater to watch it, got drunk during it, and blacked-out during the last 45 minutes or so.

Good times.

I just had a thought. Give it to Nolan. He likes 'ultra-realistic', mob bosses stories, e.g.: his Batman films! Yeah, give it to Nolan & at least expect INCEPTION numbers. Don't laugh. Although I'm being a little 'cute' here, by the same token, for the Punisher to work as a film, it probably wouldn't hurt to have a team like that. It does 'up the ante' a little bit. I mean, just look at pseudo-Joker!

Nope, try to get Sylvester Stallone to direct it, and maybe even STAR in it.

Take the Punisher back to being in Vietnam, have him go up against REALISTIC criminals, one's you and I could possibly run into, and make it a violent bloodbath like the last 'Rambo' film.

It would make a tidy profit, and finally do the character some justice on-screen.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:41 am

Mmm. Don't know if I can see Stallone as the Punisher but (A) there's no way he could do any worse as a director than the stuff we've seen up to this point and (B) some of Puncher's other ideas sound a lot like the MAX comic book series (which P:WZ allegedly tried to emulate but I've yet to read THOSE comics, I guess).

This is actually one franchise I could picture Nolan doing a good job with. A driven loner out for revenge in a story set in a highly realistic environment... mmm, could be right up his alley.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:44 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Mmm. Don't know if I can see Stallone as the Punisher but (A) there's no way he could do any worse as a director than the stuff we've seen up to this point and (B) some of Puncher's other ideas sound a lot like the MAX comic book series (which P:WZ allegedly tried to emulate but I've yet to read THOSE comics, I guess).

This is actually one franchise I could picture Nolan doing a good job with. A driven loner out for revenge in a story set in a highly realistic environment... mmm, could be right up his alley.

New Punisher Series! Rambo-prequel

Slap a skull on that t-shirt and tell me he wouldn't look like The Punisher.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down