Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Iron Man 3' News Thread

5 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 'Iron Man 3' News Thread

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed May 16, 2012 3:52 pm

I think the guy is making an assumption, but here you go:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/55794

James Badge Dale Is Injecting IRON MAN 3 With Some Coldblood!!
Published at: May 16, 2012 12:59:42 PM CDT

The Kidd here...

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 3 Coldblood

In an interesting bit of casting, James Badge Dale has now been added to the Marvel Movie Universe for IRON MAN 3, with Deadline reporting that the character actor has signed on the dotted line to play Savin for the Shane Black-helmed sequel.

In dipping into the Marvel lore, the only Savin on the books is Lt. Colonel Eric Savin, better known as Coldblood, a cyborg resulting from the United States Army's Project: Ultra-Tech after being blown to bits by a mine. However, his path never crosses that of Tony Stark's, and he's certainly not in the Extremis story arc that IRON MAN 3 is being built around.

We now have another villain for IRON MAN 3, but how will Coldblood slot into the overall scheme of things with Ben Kingsley also playing what we'd assume to be a very big part?

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 3 James-badge-dale
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed May 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Nice addition to cast. As for if he becomes that cyborg villain as you said ap probably not to likely. So decide to check out wiki on villain. So he hasn't had much internaction with ironman or in his books. But since I see there is the military background and connection to the corp roxxon. Maybe that is what they are drawing from. Maybe the comics military ultra tech project for the film is work with the extremis thing. And eric savin is a test subject of the project that is a joint project from miltary and roxxon corp. To probably try again have ironman like weapons.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Some new iron man 3 details:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=59992
New IRON MAN 3 Details, Filming Locations, Two Minor Cast Additions And More Revealed

Verifying Chinese actor Andy Lau's role,along with minor cast additions,a Hong-Kong-based newspaper has revealed new details surrounding the production of Iron Man 3,including the villain! DCMarvelFreshman - 5/18/2012

Following reports that Chinese actor-singer Andy Lau had landed a Scientist role in Marvel Studios' next outing post-The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Hong-Kong-based newspaper Apple Daily has confirmed the role, in addition to more production details. Praising the amount of screen time Andy will supposedly have, the report adds that Chinese actresses Fan Bingbing and Yang Mi are joining the Shane Black-directed threequel as as Andy’s wife and assistant respectively. What's rather more interesting in the report (transcribed via AndyLauSounds) says:

The film will have location shooting in Beijing and Shanghai, it will narrates that the daughter of Robert Downey Jr.’s friend was kidnapped and brought to China, in order to save his friend’s daughter, he flew over from America to China to seek help from Andy to strengthen his abilities to fight The Mandarin. You will see Iron Man fly over The Great Wall of China, National Palace Museum & other landmarks in Shanghai May 2013

Although veteran actor Ben Kinglsey's role has yet to be disclosed, the report lists The Mandarin. Suggesting why the villain won't be of Chinese descent, a la his source material, the reports explains:

In order not to hurt the feelings of Western and Chinese audience, the story will not focus so much on the villain’s background as not to display the Chinese as evil. [The production] had already got approval from the State Administration of Radio Film and Television in order to be shot, all contents that harms Chinese image had been “removed”, this explains why the villain will be a bit different from the original comic
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 18, 2012 8:24 pm

In order not to hurt the feelings of Western and Chinese audience, the story will not focus so much on the villain’s background as not to display the Chinese as evil.

Yes, because as we ALL know, the only country with "evil" people is the good ol' US of fucking A...... Frustration
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Yup dam pc crap some times.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri May 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
In order not to hurt the feelings of Western and Chinese audience, the story will not focus so much on the villain’s background as not to display the Chinese as evil.

Yes, because as we ALL know, the only country with "evil" people is the good ol' US of fucking A...... Frustration
Doesn't this decision run the risk of offending Arabs who weren't exactly presented in the most positive light in the first movie?

I don't care either way but for fuck's sake do these people even think before they speak? I swear, we're surrounded by idiots...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Fri May 18, 2012 11:15 pm

It's funny how things change. I just recently watched LETHAL WEAPON 4, that flick would NEVER fly today. Laughing
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri May 18, 2012 11:25 pm

Ticks me off. I happen to think there's a ton of humor to be found in full bore stereotype (because they tend to be fucking true) but it's like nobody's allowed to talk about it, or even notice that it's going on.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 18, 2012 11:29 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Ticks me off. I happen to think there's a ton of humor to be found in full bore stereotype (because they tend to be fucking true) but it's like nobody's allowed to talk about it, or even notice that it's going on.

Except Sasha Baron Cohen, when he's making fun of US.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Fri May 18, 2012 11:34 pm

Yeah, ideally it should apply to everyone. That's what I love about shows like SOUTH PARK, in that show NO ONE is safe.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat May 19, 2012 12:47 am

So let me get this straight.

The Mandarin won't be of Asian descent.

Ras Al Guhl was not of Asian descent either but instead was an Irishman.

What's next? Kal-El's not Kryptonian?

Political correctness run amok.

Lest we should offend anybody.

Except the US of A of course! Lame

EDIT TO ADD:

In order not to hurt the feelings of Western and Chinese audience, the story will not focus so much on the villain’s background as not to display the Chinese as evil. [The production] had already got approval from the State Administration of Radio Film and Television in order to be shot, all contents that harms Chinese image had been “removed”, this explains why the villain will be a bit different from the original comic

Emphasis on grammar & lack of punctuation AKA "How money you make"

I guess the Chinese now own more than just the national debt?! Evil or Very Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat May 19, 2012 4:15 am

non_amos wrote:So let me get this straight.

Not to detract from your point but I've always thought Neeson, Bale, Hardy, Murphy, Oldman and others were hired mostly due to Nolan's hard on for casting Euros.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat May 19, 2012 2:22 pm

It blows hollywood is to scared to do a little non pc stuff.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun May 20, 2012 9:04 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:So let me get this straight.

Not to detract from your point but I've always thought Neeson, Bale, Hardy, Murphy, Oldman and others were hired mostly due to Nolan's hard on for casting Euros.

And technically Ras was Asian.

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 3 MV5BMjExMzU4MTAzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzUxMTI3._V1._SX485_SY323_

At least when we first were introduced to him.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Mon May 21, 2012 1:02 am

I was able to look past that because Liam Neeson is too awesome for me to say no to. Plus, we already had The Great David Warner voice Ra's in TAS so that helped a bit.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed May 23, 2012 2:38 pm

Iron man 3 production news:
http://m.latino-review.com/2012/05/23/exclusive-iron-man-3-expensive-starts-today/
EXCLUSIVE: ‘Iron Man 3′ Gets More Expensive and Starts Today!

Posted on 5.23.12 by Da7e

Get used to that “Exclusive” tag folks, it’s summer movie season and y’all know what Latino (HYPHEN!) Review does right! Today, Wednesday May 23rd 2012 is the first day of principal photography on ‘Iron Man 3′ (production name ‘Caged Heat’) in Wilmington, North Carolina. I happened to have been in Wilmington recently visiting the movie that was in production on those Screen Gems stages directly before ‘Iron Man 3.’ They were in the middle of constructing a large underwater tank and what looked like the interior of a jet fuselage (though it could also be some fancy windows in an underwater structure, it was just a skeleton when I peeped it). If you’re in the North Carolina area, Robert Downey Jr is in town and rumor has him stopping by local bars and being pretty chumly. Shwarma party anyone?

The plan was to have ‘Caged Heat’ take over the Wilmington stages entirely and security was prepping on a huge lockdown with new procedures in place to put crew members under the utmost scrutiny in and out of work each day. I can only assume this is what has come to pass because it’s been hard to come by info, BUT: I have another interesting ‘Iron Man 3′ tidbit. Word on the e-street is that IM3 was budgeted for $140 million in production costs pre-Avengers. Then The Avengers did gangbusters and rather than count their crossover movies as separate, Marvel has decided The Avengers raised the bar for ALL Marvel movies. Namely, Shane Black and the IM3 crew aren’t being asked to deliver a better Iron Man movie but THE BEST Marvel movie hands down. How could Disney and Marvel make this new doctrine more possible? I hear they’ve upped the budget from $140 to $200 million. And extra sixty million dollars can go a long way (remember how the last stuff done on Green Lantern was the best stuff done on Green Lantern?). Disney, Marvel, Shane Black, ‘Caged Heat’ film: I’m out to learn as much as I can about you out of love. Best of luck from here to end of principal photography in October! Talkin’ ’bout Marvel - Yes, I saw that tweet from Cannes that says Edgar Wright’s ‘Ant-Man’ has been greenlit. Wright is on “At World’s End” with Simon Pegg right now, so don’t look for it to go into production until later this year or early 2013…

When we can confirm, we will!

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Wed May 23, 2012 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EDITED FOR STUPIDITY)
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu May 24, 2012 8:16 pm

ashley hamilton in talks for a small villain role in im3:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=60377
Ashley Hamilton In Talks To Play FIREPOWER In IRON MAN 3

Little known actor Ashley Hamilton (seen recently on Dancing With The Stars) is in talks with Marvel Studios to play the villainous Firepower in Iron Man 3,adding yet another super powered baddie to the packed out cast. Read on for details. Josh Wilding - 5/24/2012

Variety reports that Ashley Hamilton is in talks to play the villainous Firepower in Iron Man 3, yet another villain Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark/Iron Man will presumably face off against in the upcoming threequel. The role is described as being a minor one, so whether or not he will actually suit up as the armoured bad guy remains to be seen. In the comic books, Jack Taggart takes part in a government program (Project: Firepower) to control rogue super beings, and was trained on a simulator learning to operate an experimental suit in order to take down Iron Man. The film is reportedly based on the "Extremis" storyline.

Source: Variety

Looks like jon fav is indeed appearing in im3 as happy hogan as earlier rumored he might:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com//heat-vision/iron-man-3-jon-favreau-avengers-329350
Jon Favreau Returning to 'Iron Man 3'— As an Actor (Exclusive)

The director of the first two Iron Man movies closed a deal to reprise his role of Happy Hogan, the bodyguard-sidekick to Tony Stark/Iron Man

5:41 PM PDT 5/24/2012 by Borys Kit

Jon Favreau isn't directing Iron Man 3 but he'll still be present on the set.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Favreau has closed a deal to reprise his role of Happy Hogan—the bodyguard-sidekick to Tony Stark/Iron Man, played by Robert Downey Jr.—in the Marvel Studios threequel.

PHOTOS: Behind the Scenes of Marvel's 'The Avengers'

The movie began shooting Wednesday in North Carolina under the direction of Shane Black (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang). It's the first production for Marvel in the aftermath of the-billion dollar success of The Avengers.

Iron Man 3 will feature returning co-star Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts and a slew of newcomers: Rebecca Hall, Guy Pearce, Ben Kingsley, James Badge Dale and Ashley Hamilton.

Favreau directed the first two Iron Man movies; he appeared as Hogan in a cameo in the first movie and played an expanded part in Iron Man 2.

VIDEO: 'The Avengers' Premiere Red Carpet Interviews

It is unclear how big the role is in the third movie but having Favreau return as Hogan seems like a sign of solidarity on Favreau and Marvel’s part and an endorsement of Black.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri May 25, 2012 12:24 am

It's not like Favreau was unforgettable in the textured, layered, nuanced role of Happy... but on the other hand, I like Favreau as an actor and I really like consistent casting in franchise movies.

Either way, Favreau coming back is a-okay in my book.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 25, 2012 12:54 am

Ya happy may not be a big role. But its nice to see he is still invovled with the film while not directing it. Hope he has some good scenes.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 25, 2012 2:02 pm

William sadler joins the cast:
http://m.superherohype.com/news/articles/170767-william-sadler-in-iron-man-3
William Sadler in Iron Man 3? by Edward Douglas May 25, 2012 Share this story

But who will he be playing?

At this point, it should be a no-brainer that Latino Review may have a spy or two on the Wilmington, North Carolina set of Shane Black's Iron Man 3, because they're now reporting that actor William Sadler has joined the cast in an undisclosed role, having spotted him during a costume fitting with Guy Pearce.

Sadler is an over-30-year veteran character actor who has appeared in many great movies including Frank Darabont's movies The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile and The Mist, as well as Die Hard 2. Recently, he's appeared on the CBS show "Hawaii Five-O" and in the HBO mini-series "The Pacific," but he's a busy actor who turns up in a wide array of projects.

We can probably make a lot of wild guesses who he might be playing--possibly someone who has a connection to Pearce's Aldrich Killian?--but it may be a smaller role than the previously announced casting of James Badge Dale and Ashley Hamilton as Coldblood-7 and Firepower or Sir Ben Kingsley in the unnamed main villain role. We can't imagine Sadler is playing a fourth baddie, but who knows?

Iron Man 3 is scheduled for May 3, 2013, and maybe we'll have a few more answers before then...
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Kevin feige comments on iron man 3:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=60593
Kevin Feige Says IRON MAN 3 Won't Tackle Tony Stark's Alcoholism; Teases 2014 Movie

The Marvel Studios President discusses Tony Stark's alcoholism,the end of Robert Downey Jr.'s contract after Iron Man 3,the chances of seeing Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner turning up in the threequel,and the 2014 movie which features a character,"outside the Avengers' world." Josh Wilding - 5/28/2012

Ever since Disney bought Marvel Studios, the chances of the studio tackling Tony Stark's alcoholism have seemed slim. He got drunk in 2010's Iron Man 2, but that's about as close as we've come to seeing "Demon in a Bottle" on the big screen. When Empire Magazine quizzed Kevin Feige on the chances of seeing this issue tackled in Shane Black's upcoming threequel, he said: "He's not an alcoholic in the movies. Maybe one day that's a deeper story, but we're not going to do it unless we can make it a full-focused plot."

As for what we should expect from the movie, he promised that while it may not match the sheer scale of The Avengers, it WILL be the best of the trilogy. "It's a fool's errand to continue to try to top spectacle. We don't equate bigger with better. It's Tony's most personal journey since he was trapped in a cave in the first half of the first movie, but it'll also have the largest spectacle of any of the Iron Man movies." Of course, this instalment is the last in Robert Downey Jr.'s current contract. Will we see him return? "I hope we will see more of his Tony Stark in the future, but the focus right now is on Iron Man 3."

When he was once again asked whether we should expect to see Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner turn up in Iron Man 3, he said no, but promised the following. "We will see the Ruffalo Hulk in future. I don't know when or how, exactly, but he's an interesting character, and so many new avenues have opened up. But now in the movies, who's gonna pop up where? You're never quite sure." Most intriguing however were his comments on the mystery 2014 movie. "Our next step," said Feige, "will be to introduce a character outside the Avengers' world." Hmm...
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 29, 2012 5:48 pm

Robert dowey jr, spotted on ironman 3 set:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=60631
'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 3 16392110
'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 3 16392111
'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 3 16392010
'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 3 16392011
'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 3 16392012

Also some production notes:
Robert Downey Jr. Sighted Arriving To IRON MAN 3 Set; Minor Production Update

Although nothing captivating,Robert Downey Jr. was spotted arriving to the Iron Man 3 set,as filming continued today in Wilmington,NC. Along with a vague filming update,check it out! DCMarvelFreshman - 5/29/2012

Filming for Marvel Studios' Shane Black-directed Iron Man 3 installment quietly commenced in Wilmington, NC last week, Wednesday. And taking a break for Memorial Day weekend, the shoot picked up today inside the city's Cape Fear Club; scenes involving two cast members and roughly 20 extras. And among those two cast members was the 'Tony Stark' star Robert Downey Jr., spotted arriving to the set early this morning via WECT .

Film crews with Iron Man 3 wrapped up at the Cape Fear Club on Chestnut & Second Streets in Wilmington in about 3 hours; earlier than expected. Police and security guards kept fans back as crews filmed inside the Cape Fear Club. We've also learned that the crew is also filming scenes near Wilmington International Airport.

And Comic Book exclusively adds, We've been talking to some people close to the production in Wilmington and have confirmed earlier rumors that some of the film’s story will take place in Miami, Florida. At any rate, an unnamed, but trustworthy, source close to the production told one of our editors last night that he had seen emergency vehicles–police, ambulance and fire-rescue vehicles–emblazoned with logos for the city of Miami and Miami PD being unloaded from production trucks near the closed part of the set last night while crews prepared to begin shooting Iron Man 3 at the Cape Fear Club later today.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 29, 2012 11:27 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=60652

Vague Reports From Recent IRON MAN 3 Shoot And Potential Villain Details Surface!
Fairly vague details for Iron Man 3 have surfaced, reportedly from today's shoot, and "sources" close to the film's development. Revealing a potential detail for the villain, check it out!

Following sightings of actor Robert Downey Jr. arriving to the Wilmington, NC set today, Comic Book, locals of the area, have scored minor details regarding the production of Iron Man 3. In addition to revealing that vehicles with "Miami Police Department" logos embellished on them were spotted being unloaded, CB adds:

Spoiler:

Filming for Iron Man 3 will proceed for two months in different areas of Wilmington, North Carolina, before the production crew moves to China. One of those areas in NC is said to be the Wilmington International Airport.

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 3 Ironman3123

Described as a “technological crisis thriller,” set in the world of international war, arms & terror, Marvel Studios' “Iron Man 3” stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Andy Lau, Ashley Hamilton, James Badge Dale, with Sir Ben Kingsley and Jon Favreau. Shane Black (“Kiss Kiss Bang Bang”) takes over directorial duties from Jon Favreau, who helmed the first two “Iron Man” films. Principal photography will occur primarily in North Carolina and China. And “Iron Man 3” is set for release in May 3, 2013.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed May 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Iron patriot armor appearing in the film:
http://m.superherohype.com/news/articles/170833-iron-man-3-confirmed-to-include-iron-patriot
Iron Man 3 Confirmed to Include Iron Patriot! by Silas Lesnick May 30, 2012 Share this story

But who will be underneath the armor?

SuperHeroHype has confirmed that Shane Black's Iron Man 3 will feature the red, white and blue Iron Patriot armor. What is uncertain, however, is exactly who will be wearing it.

The armor made its first appearance in 2009's "Dark Avengers" #1. Following the events of the "Secret Invasion" crossover, Norman Osborn was mistakenly heralded as an American hero and tasked with leading a group of government-sanctioned Avengers. Taking the technology from Stark Industries, Osborn designed his suit to represent the then-recently-deceased Captain America.

Because the character of Osborn is a Spider-Man villain and the rights rest at Sony Pictures, it's pretty much a certainty that a different character will be donning the suit in the upcoming film.

Now in production in North Carolina, Iron Man 3 stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Ben Kingsley, Guy Pearce, James Badge Dale, Ashley Hamilton and Jon Favreau. The film is scheduled to hit theaters on May 3, 2013.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed May 30, 2012 6:29 pm

We now have photos confirming iron patriot suit on set. Also its reported the character eric savin will be donning the suit. Here is some photos of the actor in the suit:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=60696
'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 3 Ffnironman39135142galle
'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 3 Ffnironman39135148galle
'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 3 Ffnironman39135156galle
'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 3 Ironman3villianironpatr

webhead2006
webhead2006