Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012

+5
Apologist Puncher
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Comicbookfan-V2
9 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 4 Empty Re: "Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012

Post  Alf Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:50 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I don't mind Ross in terms of the lines and his style. He can draw one hell of a poster. But when it comes to storytelling, I think he's got a long way to go. His page layouts have never impressed me.

Storytelling is indeed something else altogether. I just meant visually, nothing more, to be clear! Smile
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 4 Empty Re: "Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:09 pm

Cavill does have a great look forr the role. Also I too hope the comic con footage is our first full trailer. Speaking of looks like newest clips are taken down again. Any one find a new copy. Or had the newer one posted on daily motion or another site?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Just found a mix video of the teaser and the Comic-Con footage over at Youtube.com.

Check it out...

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:55 pm

Browsing around different websites, I've really come to despise the idiocy some people spout online. I mean, they say the STUPIDEST SHIT without stopping and THINKING.

Like with the 'MOS' trailers. I see retards going on and on about how the Crowe trailer is "jess lick duh Donner moofies" with it's voice-over. Did these mongoloids happen to watch the Costner version too? I bet they DID. But what didn't they grasp?

THE TWO TRAILERS ARE CHOICE VS. DESTINY.

Costner's version is emphasizing choice. Crowe's, destiny. You know, what I'm pretty sure Clark's journey is going to be all about?

Seriously, it's like that film 'Idiocracy' has come true and no one's noticed....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:19 am

Heh, I thought the Crowe's speech sounded much like Brando's only worded differently. Plus, no offense to Brando, but I kind of dig Crowe's delivery better.

Besides that, I'm really looking forward to seeing Costner as Pa Kent, which I think is PERFECT casting. Never occurred to me that he should play the role but once news came out that he got it it all made sense.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:26 am

James Stocks wrote:Heh, I thought the Crowe's speech sounded much like Brando's only worded differently. Plus, no offense to Brando, but I kind of dig Crowe's delivery better.

Actually, it doesn't sound like Brando at all. In fact, it sounds like Jor-El from 'All-Star Superman':

Apologist Puncher wrote:Oh, and did anyone here notice that Crowe's speech is almost word-for-word taken from 'All Star Superman'?

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 4 Tumblr_m7j4xqqhQp1rsokfb

Besides that, I'm really looking forward to seeing Costner as Pa Kent, which I think is PERFECT casting. Never occurred to me that he should play the role but once news came out that he got it it all made sense.

Yes, Costner was perfect casting for Jonathan Kent.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:43 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Yes, Costner was perfect casting for Jonathan Kent.
Yep. I'd never have thought to cast him in the part... but, as may sound familiar, when the news broke, I could only offer instant approval.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:06 am

I just wish they wouldn't 'off' Pa Kent in the 1st film though. Pretty sure they will but that still sucks.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:41 pm

I didn't feel any ripping of brando jorel at all. Like ap said above both the us and international trailers are showing us the differences in beliefs and way to live your life for clark. Pa kent is about choicing what you want to do. Vs jorel talk of destiney. Which we all had in sv too. And in clark case here he is probably going to struggle and learn to have a balance of both.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:13 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
James Stocks wrote:Heh, I thought the Crowe's speech sounded much like Brando's only worded differently. Plus, no offense to Brando, but I kind of dig Crowe's delivery better.

Actually, it doesn't sound like Brando at all. In fact, it sounds like Jor-El from 'All-Star Superman':

Apologist Puncher wrote:Oh, and did anyone here notice that Crowe's speech is almost word-for-word taken from 'All Star Superman'?

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 4 Tumblr_m7j4xqqhQp1rsokfb

I know it's from that, but the overall message seems pretty similar to me. But I suppose I'll rephrase what I said: The Jor-El speech from "All Star Superman" sounds like Brando's only worded differently. Wink The similarity I find between the two is the talk of how Superman's presence will show those flawed humans the ideal to strive for, that he'll set an example for them. The All-Star Superman speech however does give it a bit more optimism to the idea.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:41 pm

James Stocks wrote:I know it's from that, but the overall message seems pretty similar to me. But I suppose I'll rephrase what I said: The Jor-El speech from "All Star Superman" sounds like Brando's only worded differently. Wink The similarity I find between the two is the talk of how Superman's presence will show those flawed humans the ideal to strive for, that he'll set an example for them. The All-Star Superman speech however does give it a bit more optimism to the idea.

I hate having to quote myself again, but here you go:

Apologist Puncher wrote:Browsing around different websites, I've really come to despise the idiocy some people spout online. I mean, they say the STUPIDEST SHIT without stopping and THINKING.

Like with the 'MOS' trailers. I see retards going on and on about how the Crowe trailer is "jess lick duh Donner moofies" with it's voice-over. Did these mongoloids happen to watch the Costner version too? I bet they DID. But what didn't they grasp?

THE TWO TRAILERS ARE CHOICE VS. DESTINY.

Costner's version is emphasizing choice. Crowe's, destiny. You know, what I'm pretty sure Clark's journey is going to be all about?

Seriously, it's like that film 'Idiocracy' has come true and no one's noticed....

Don't take any "offense", the harsh parts weren't for you. But the point is.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:04 pm

Another link for sdcc trrailer is up enjoy while you can:

Will The Full trailer For MOS Be Out In December?:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=64693
Next MAN OF STEEL Trailer Coming In December?

The first teaser for Zack Snyder's Man Of Steel was just released in front of The Dark Knight Rises. Now rumor has it that the full length trailer could be released a head of another blockbuster movie that will be released in December. WaylonJones - 7/28/2012

The Dark Knight Rises was released last weekend, and while fans really didn't need another reason to go see the film they got one. During San Diego Comic Con there was confirmation that Man Of Steel, Zack Snyder's Superman film, would be debuting its first teaser. Upon seeing the teaser fans have welcomed it with both praise and skepticism. Most of the skepticism came from people seeing the Comic Con footage that has been bootlegged on line with complaints that it wasn't as good as that. According to the Superman Super Site, we should be getting a second trailer for Man Of Steel before the years end. Their information tells them that the full length trailer will be attached to Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. They have also been told to expect some of the same footage that was shown at Comic Con, although it was unclear exactly how much footage. Keep in mind nothing has been officially confirmed yet, so take this info with a grain of salt until we get something more concrete.

Man Of Steel stars Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Russell Crowe, Laurence Fishburne with Christopher Meloni, Harry Lennix, and will be released on June 14, 2013.
This is probably true and come on the hobbit was also likely film we would have mos trailer with since its a big wb release. I hope we will see some of the comic con footage in this trailer.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:09 pm

You know, people these days are just too bitchy. I have seen this trailer on the big-screen twice now, and each time that last shot of Superman rocketing up into the "heavens" gave me goose-bumps.

My father took my nephew to see 'Rises' last week, and he said as soon as he saw the 'MOS' trailer, he wanted to see that movie RIGHT THEN AND THERE.

Moreso than 'Rises", and he's a BIG Batman fan.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Possible trailer description. Spoilers:

Spoiler:
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:18 pm

I may or may not get to go see THE HOBBIT. If I somehow manage to then regrettably it may not be IMAX because it's not cheap & money is a factor. That's also regrettable because at select IMAX theaters there's also gonna be a 9-minute preview of STAR TREK: INTO DARKNESS in addition to THE MAN OF STEEL trailer & judging by the teaser trailers I've already seen even that film is gonna be awesome! No doubt though I can see the MOS trailer in a regular theater. Chances are that in the next few days I'll also be able to see it online, first in crappy bootleg quality & then in DVD quality.

Anywho, here's hoping that the MOS trailer really gets people talking about SUPERMAN again. I mean, look how dead it's been around here lately! Even Webhead appears to have abandoned ship & he posted even when no one else did. So maybe if duh brothers will crank up the marketing machine there will be plenty to talk about. And maybe MOS will also get Superman back into the public consciousness, at least more so than it is. Case in point. I went to Walmart yesterday & when I was leaving I just happened to notice some paper 'party' plates & plastic cups that were aimed at children but had superheroes on them & just about everything was either Avengers, Spiderman or Batman which incidentally all 3 had films this past summer. I didn't see Superman represented at all!

Maybe that will change 6/14/2013? Proud
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Keep in mind, this very well COULD be FAKE.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:32 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Keep in mind, this very well COULD be FAKE.

I'm thinking it is purely for the fact that there is no mention of Zod or Krypton. OK, this is WB and perhaps a movie of theirs could be the first in history (or at least in recent memory) to have the first full trailer and not introduce the villain but I doubt it...or I hope that isn't the case.
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:28 pm

The description was 100% accurate.

http://www.n77d58w76d19.com/
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:36 pm

THE MAN OF STEEL trailer is online NOW!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174027-the-new-man-of-steel-trailer-is-now-online

The New Man of Steel Trailer is Now Online!

by SuperHeroHype
December 11, 2012

Following the viral countdown, Warner Bros. Pictures has now revealed the new trailer for Zack Snyder's Superman movie, Man of Steel. Check it out in the player below!

In the June 14, 2013 release, Henry Cavill plays Superman. The film also stars Amy Adams as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Laurence Fishburne as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent's adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Diane Lane and Kevin Costner.

Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Michael Shannon, and Faora, Zod's evil partner, played by Antje Traue. Also from Superman's native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman's mother, played by Ayelet Zurer, and Superman's father, Jor-El, portrayed by Russell Crowe. Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy.

This is very similar to the Comic Con trailer with some added scenes & dialogue. I still only see one clear shot of General Zod & it's fleeting. And with this clearer video, I'm still getting a SMALLVILLE vibe from young Clark which ain't necessarily a bad thing.

I like the trailer OK but I also feel like it's 'missing' something. Oh, I think I know what it is, more of Zod! I remember back in the day, early 1981, I was at the theater around March or so watching another film that I now don't even remember what I was watching. I do remember this explicitly. I saw the SUPERMAN II trailer for the very 1st time. I was blown away! Sure, it looks dated now by today's standards but at that time I thought it was pure awesomeness! And there was no lack of Zod & company in the trailer! It got me pumped like I don't know what! But in this trailer we got a brief glimpse & no battles.

Personally I think they're gonna need to release additional trailers between now & June that at least show some action. Happy

EDIT TO ADD: I saw that AP was posting at the same time when I previewed the post but since I was also adding my own comments as well I'll still post.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Alf wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:Keep in mind, this very well COULD be FAKE.

I'm thinking it is purely for the fact that there is no mention of Zod or Krypton. OK, this is WB and perhaps a movie of theirs could be the first in history (or at least in recent memory) to have the first full trailer and not introduce the villain but I doubt it...or I hope that isn't the case.

I was wrong. Figures. WB strikes again. Rolling Eyes
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:50 pm

I've seen some people bitch about Jonathan's "maybe" line, but i have ZERO problems with this. Costner's Kent ISN'T going to start out the film as infallible. He's going to be PROTECTIVE of his son. But I have a feeling he will learn that his son has to save people when the time comes, and the tornado scene is going to exemplify this.

Seriously, the "insta-rage" nerds are getting pretty fucking pathetic.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:05 pm

I just wonder why they released the trailer early?! It was supposed to debut with THE HOBBIT. Now I halfway expected crappy bootlegs to make it online before 12/14 but I didn't expect this version to show up until at least 12/15. So what gives? Did duh brothers have enough sense to be aware that the bootlegs were coming so they went ahead & nipped it in the bud? Sounds plausible enough until you consider who we're talking about here. But ain't they afraid that might hurt ticket sales for Hobbit? I know, I know, Hobbit is gonna be a monster regardless but there are some people who would've simply gone to see the Superman & Star Trek stuff & now they might not.

As for Jonathan's 'maybe' it can strike you the wrong way if you allow it too. But to me personally? Like AP said, he's trying to protect his own son who ain't just any ordinary son. You can just imagine Jonathan start fantasizing immediately about the government & military hauling Clark away to 'experiment' on him. So when you look at it like that you see where he's coming from. It's also not so very different from the way John Schneider portrayed the character either, wanting to protect Clark at all costs. It certainly makes it more 'real' if realism is what they're going for but also realism in an acceptable way. Not just ultra-realism shoved down our throats like Nolan does just because he doesn't believe in 'make-believe'.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:05 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:I've seen some people bitch about Jonathan's "maybe" line, but i have ZERO problems with this. Costner's Kent ISN'T going to start out the film as infallible. He's going to be PROTECTIVE of his son. But I have a feeling he will learn that his son has to save people when the time comes, and the tornado scene is going to exemplify this.

Seriously, the "insta-rage" nerds are getting pretty fucking pathetic.
Assuming it is a problem for Jonathan's character, can we at least wait until we see the shit in context? No need to fly off the deep end over something that may be a non-issue. What if the "maybe" thing is from something else entirely and has nothing to do with Clark's question? C'mon people, use your brains.

Oh wait, don't tell me, these are mostly Apologists doing the whining, right? Wouldn't be surprised.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:14 pm

non_amos wrote:I'm still getting a SMALLVILLE vibe from young Clark which ain't necessarily a bad thing.
It is if you're an Apologist but obviously I'm cool with it. I love SV stuff being incorporated into other media. People obviously remember more shit from SV than they ever will of Singerman so if you're going to make allusions to other Superman media, SV is a great choice.

The launch in the Antarctic obviously has SV influences but what excites me about MOS the most is that we will FINALLY have a cooler flying sequence in live action Superman than the SV episode Crusade (which, for the moment, remains top dog in my book but we all know that won't last after MOS comes out). I like that Snyder remembered to use the distortion'y/SV-influenced launch. Tells me he's not just watching STM a bunch of times.

I'm really looking forward to the Krypton sequences. The destruction hasn't really been dramatized in live action since STM so I'd like to see what Snyder and his effects technicians bring to the table. But that shot of Lara watching the towers collapse... man, cool stuff!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:18 pm

I call already tell that my friend's dipshit roommate is going to lose his shit over how long Cavill's cape is. He'll bitch and complain about it. He may not exactly qualify as an Apologist in the classical sense of the term but the fucker had to be deprogrammed from that "Bryan Singer fucked up Routh's performance in [Singerman]" argument that made the rounds for a while there. But fuck him, fuck the Apologists, fuck the Nolanites, fuck the haters, I'm not letting anybody mess this up for me.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next