Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012

+5
Apologist Puncher
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Comicbookfan-V2
9 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 Empty "Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:11 pm

I just got word over at Supermanhomepage.com that an anouncement was made by WB (I think) that the trailer for "Superman: Man of Steel" is set to debut in about six months as up today. Specifically it's set to debut on July 18, 2012 but in edition there also talks of official movie stills being released a month eariler specifically either on or before June 11, 2012.

Although I could have posted this information over at the "We Need Some Movie News" thread but then I thought hey, even though we have six months to wait aleast we have a thread where the trailer can be presented already prepared once it gets online!

Comments anyone?

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 Empty Re: "Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012

Post  webhead2006 Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Caught a mention of this off that fan page from facebook. Though the news comes from a site that is called movienewz.com so I dought know how reliable that is. But its pretty much a given anyway promos would start up in a few months. Since filming will be wrapping in feb. And will have a few months of post started up. For early/rough sfx. So ya wwe likely will get teaser in may/june, full trailer by nov/dec, and start getting more magazine buzz around this time next yr and so forth.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 Empty Re: "Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:50 pm

Filming wraps up in Feburary? If thats actually the case then they should start planning an earily schedule!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:32 pm

Not nessicarly, most films usually finish shooting with 8 to 12 month window before release. So it gives time to do post work, and any possible reshoots. Which dor mos case if any needed probably be in fall. Then late summer/fall will start promotional wing of things.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:37 am

Hm. Wonder if they mean a full trailer in July or just a teaser. Either way, it'd make sense to attach it to TDKRises.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:58 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Hm. Wonder if they mean a full trailer in July or just a teaser. Either way, it'd make sense to attach it to TDKRises.

Hadn't thought of that but it makes perfect sense. They're really gonna want to promote this film right & not do like they did in 2006 *COUGH*, Singerman!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:18 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Hm. Wonder if they mean a full trailer in July or just a teaser. Either way, it'd make sense to attach it to TDKRises.
non_amos wrote:Hadn't thought of that but it makes perfect sense. They're really gonna want to promote this film right & not do like they did in 2006 *COUGH*, Singerman!
Excuse ME? Apart from the film itself, wtf was wrong with Singerman's marketing? There were TV spots, trailers, various tie-in's, high end collectible merchandise, a pricey IMAX release with expensive 3D sequences included, prequel comics, TV appearances, press junkets, expensive Hollywood premieres, award ceremony cameos, the works. The simple fact of the matter is that the promotional campaign behind Singerman was about as good as it could've been (all things considered). My contention is that Singerman only had as "good" an opening weekend as it did because of WB's tireless marketing department, not in spite of it. If not for their efforts, I'd argue Singerman would've sunk like a stone even WORSE!

In the final analysis, the marketing department was given a chick flick about an alien metrosexual stalker pursuing a boyish-woman who mothered Damien and told to market it as a high octane superhero adventure with a classic love story at the center; I bear the marketing division absolutely no ill will for what ensued. They did their best. When all's said and done, it was Bryan Singer who let us all down.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:38 pm

I see what you're saying but I guess to me the TV spots & such were lackluster so to speak. I mean. it was supposed to be Superman, right? But it came off in a way to some guy in a 'so-called' Superman suit trying to look like Superman & not succeeding. Maybe you're right about the quantity of hype but I guess I was a little put off by the quality of it all. And remember that initial 1st pic released of BJ the Bartender? Atrocious to say the least. No matter how much marketing they had, it just seemed like a dud. Sure, they didn't do like GL & wait until the last minute but still.....?

Nevertheless I still tried to look forward to the film but I think we know how that went. Fun
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:49 pm

True, but you can't really polish a turd, you know? The movie itself was crap. All I'm saying is that the marketing peeps gave it their best effort under the circumstances but if the final product sucks, no amount of trailers or action figures will help in the end.

And I feel your pain. I tried to put on a brave face for Singerman too. As I recall, I even tried to convince myself that I'd seen something amazing at first but reality has to set in sooner or later. When every ominous feeling you had about the damn movie ends up turning out to be correct (and even underestimated in most cases), disappointment is inevitable. The theatrical run was a pretty miserable experience and after a while I just wanted WB to put Singerman down like a dog so we could all deny anything ever happened.

If only...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:50 am

Well, I guess that's SOMETHING....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:47 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Well, I guess that's SOMETHING....
Took a stab and ventured that it'd be included with TDKRises a few posts back. The Apologists on the Eunuch page all seem to agree. Several of them made the same guess. The beef here is that I'm usually accustomed to them being wrong about basically everything so if they agree with me, maybe I need to reevaluate.

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:37 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Took a stab and ventured that it'd be included with TDKRises a few posts back. The Apologists on the Eunuch page all seem to agree. Several of them made the same guess. The beef here is that I'm usually accustomed to them being around about basically everything so if they agree with me, maybe I need to reevaluate.

I always figured they would too. It's such a no-brainer that even those with no brains can see it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:06 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Took a stab and ventured that it'd be included with TDKRises a few posts back. The Apologists on the Eunuch page all seem to agree. Several of them made the same guess. The beef here is that I'm usually accustomed to them being wrong about basically everything so if they agree with me, maybe I need to reevaluate.

I always figured they would too. It's such a no-brainer that even those with no brains can see it.
Be that as it may, I think we can all agree that WB frequently overlooks the obvious, choosing instead to make stupid decisions.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:39 pm

I just been given word that the teaser trailer for MOS is indeed set to premiere on July 20'th which ironicly is the same date that TDKR is set for release. Huh, figures!!! Rolling Eyes

There's an article over at Supermanhomepage.com that actually confirms this.
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Was pretty much logical place for it to be. Its a big wb release, and to tie in with nolan's invovlement on both. I just can't wait to see it.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:49 pm

At that link that Comic Book Dude posted, how's this for a little nugget:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10918

#6 | Doug22 on February 16, 2012 7:16pm EST
No CGI in the trailer?

Man that is bad news. Have you guys seen the Spiderman and Avengers trailers? Plenty of incredible looking CGI.

Plus the Spiderman trailer has a ton of story elements.

If this trailer is as lame as it sounds it could be, and after the Spiderman and Avengers trailers, you can kiss goodbye any chance this film has to be a success.

Can't believe they are doing this. They have plenty of time to do a great trailer for July and that means action and that means CGI..

Disappointing but not suprising - it's why my hopes for this film are pretty low.

Yep! It's definitely not suprising that this is duh apologist's reaction. Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Apologist or not, if that guy means it the way I suspect, he could be on to something. MOS has to impress. That means the teasers and trailers have to impress. And given the standard MOS has to meet (Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, etc), a lot of effects and action stuff will be the teaser's (and probably the movie's) bread and butter for attracting an audience.

The Avengers carries the fanbase of each individual film. The appeal is seeing the characters together in costume and onscreen. That is all those trailers really have to show us to stoke up interest. Hell, I'd argue that's what the Avengers trailers need to emphasize, if anything. MOS has to be as exciting as those Avengers trailers and it doesn't have the novelty going for it that Avengers does.

A teaser with minimal or no effects... that just isn't a good idea given the odds MOS is facing. A teaser with Clark sitting on the couch gabbing with Martha (or whatever that one Singerman trailer had) is just a dumb move.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:40 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Apologist or not, if that guy means it the way I suspect, he could be on to something.

I disagree. Read more of that idiot's tripe, and see that he has an agenda.

MOS has to impress. That means the teasers and trailers have to impress. And given the standard MOS has to meet (Avengers, Amazing Spider-Man, etc), a lot of effects and action stuff will be the teaser's (and probably the movie's) bread and butter for attracting an audience.

A teaser trailer doesn't have to impress. It just needs to let you know that the movie is coming out 12 MONTHS LATER.

The Avengers carries the fanbase of each individual film. The appeal is seeing the characters together in costume and onscreen. That is all those trailers really have to show us to stoke up interest. Hell, I'd argue that's what the Avengers trailers need to emphasize, if anything. MOS has to be as exciting as those Avengers trailers and it doesn't have the novelty going for it that Avengers does.

We have seen full-on trailers for 'The Avengers'. Re-watch the teaser again, and see just how little CGI is in it.

I dare you.

A teaser with minimal or no effects... that just isn't a good idea given the odds MOS is facing. A teaser with Clark sitting on the couch gabbing with Martha (or whatever that one Singerman trailer had) is just a dumb move.

If it isn't already obvious, I disagree.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:40 pm

For what it's worth, swrighty gave a rebuttal to that same apologist. Not that that means much. Just saying.....
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  BHoward Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:04 pm

Absolute no brainer to show with TDKRises. I just wish the powers that be were in the same anti-SR boat and would use the tagline "You will believe a man can punch".

BHoward
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:58 pm

Since we only have untill tomorrow till TDKR gets release all around the united states along with the long expecting attachment of the MOS teaser trailer I decided to keep this thread posted since I figured this will be the appropriate place to discuss about the teaser with the acception of having it posted thats if it ever surface on the web anytime soon.

And if it does I hope to be the first to present it here! Wink
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Yes, definitely, let's get an HD version on here pronto so I can save it to my computer! That way even if duh WB yanks it down left & right I'll still have it! Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:17 pm

In theater waiting to see trailer
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:18 am

First it was wicked sweet too see it on big screen. But they did cut a lot out from the promo shown at comic con. We just got flashes of clark as a kid and as adult with bearrd. With some of the voice over stuff and the flying shot of superman at end.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:38 am

The teaser trailer was a MASSIVE FAIL. Literally. Shots of the farm, bearded Clark, voice overs and a quick shot of Superman flying in the end. With a very depressing music taken from LOTR. It pains me to say this, it really does, but even the SR teaser was better (and actually very similar) and in fact, some people actually thought this was a sequel to it.

THIS is how you introduce a new Superman movie to the world WB? In front of TDKR? Really? Oh well, it's your money. Even though I'll lose out in the end because I'll get no sequel. Because if this is any indication of how the marketing will play out, it is doomed to failure. This teaser was the perfect opportunity to get people interested, excited, to make them remember it and it largely failed.

Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next