Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012

+5
Apologist Puncher
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Comicbookfan-V2
9 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 Empty Re: "Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012

Post  Alf Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:40 pm

Much better quality of the CC trailer:

http://www.hypable.com/2012/07/22/superman-man-of-steel-comic-con-trailer-surfaces-online-reveals-exciting-new-footage/

Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

User Reputation : 35

http://www.manofsteel.com

Back to top Go down

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 Empty Re: "Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Alf wrote:Much better quality of the CC trailer:

http://www.hypable.com/2012/07/22/superman-man-of-steel-comic-con-trailer-surfaces-online-reveals-exciting-new-footage/

Good find. I'll add this to the others I have copies of..
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Alf wrote:This guy makes a good point.

I do that a lot...

I have to admit the teaser (both version) has really grown on me. I guess I expected a bit too much going into it, consider Snyders history with teasers, so I was a bit disappointed at first but I've since seen the light! Excited

The only people really complaining are those that KNOW there is more to 'Man Of Steel' than what we saw in the teaser. But if Snyder had done the opposite, and "blown his load" with the teaser, they would be complaining that they "sal da hole moofie".

You can't win with brain-dead bitches.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:17 pm

That was awesome! Excited

Still some sorta bootleg but infinitely better than what we saw a week ago! What they really need to do is circulate an official version of this, HD & all. Yes, maybe not the official trailer like we get in December but at least it's something. And it gets the word out there about MOS! I just shared it on Facebook myself. Word!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:47 pm

Oh, and did anyone here notice that Crowe's speech is almost word-for-word taken from 'All Star Superman'?

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 Tumblr_m7j4xqqhQp1rsokfb
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:49 pm

From the footage at the link Alf posted:

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 Gar1w
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:58 pm

This crossed my mind earlier but Superman catching someone falling off a building. How long before duh apologists say that the same thing happened in Singerman Peeps? The fire too. It's coming, you know it is. Wink

Ya know, I said earlier that I felt a 'Smallville vibe' from this thing. This better quality version confirms it.
"My son saw what Clark did."
Look at the clip again & tell me who it looks like is saving the bus. Tom Welling? Nah, I know it's not really Welling but it sure does look like him. And how about the exchange between Clark & Pa Kent in the barn with the ship? Does that remind you of a particular episode? Hmmmm..........
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:21 pm

non_amos wrote:This crossed my mind earlier but Superman catching someone falling off a building. How long before duh apologists say that the same thing happened in Singerman Peeps? The fire too. It's coming, you know it is. Wink

I'm pretty sure that's Superman chasing Zod during a mid-air fight.

Ya know, I said earlier that I felt a 'Smallville vibe' from this thing. This better quality version confirms it.
"My son saw what Clark did."
Look at the clip again & tell me who it looks like is saving the bus. Tom Welling? Nah, I know it's not really Welling but it sure does look like him. And how about the exchange between Clark & Pa Kent in the barn with the ship? Does that remind you of a particular episode? Hmmmm..........

I haven't really looked that deeply into it yet, so you might be right.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:41 pm

I don't get the deal with the handcuffs. Does Superman surrender willingly? The handcuffs wouldn't work unless Kryptonite is involved. I wonder where Snyder is going with this?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:45 pm

non_amos wrote:I don't get the deal with the handcuffs. Does Superman surrender willingly? The handcuffs wouldn't work unless Kryptonite is involved. I wonder where Snyder is going with this?

Of course he would surrender. He has nothing to hide, and is allowing them to handcuff him to show that he isn't a threat.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:01 pm

Alf wrote:Much better quality of the CC trailer:

Now thats more like it!!! Just only one screen thats needed to be focused on! The only downside is the camera being shakey and the viewing inhancements keeps going back & fourth but still definitly better than the last bootleg we were treated with.

I'd rather be watching this alot more than the teaser!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:34 am

I'll say, it works. I was amused they used the exact same format as the BATMAN BEGINS teaser but then again that kind of worked too, giving audiences the idea that this is going to be more about the rise of the hero.

And yeah, it's a teaser. I don't think we'll be getting the sweet action bits until they release the next one this Fall.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:08 am

After watching the footage (In a more clearer view) I notice a few things...

As shown in the picture below Clark discovered what seem to be a spacecraft of some sort in the arctic that just landed on earth at a very extended period of time (As though it's seems) which I assume this will be the film's answer to the Fortress of Solitude and yes we can all probably guess that the spacecraft is Kryptonian in origin which gives the indication that Kryptonians had been on earth way before Clark/Kal-El did.

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 5fortress

And probably the source of where he get his suit from as shown in this picture below where he emerges from the ship while sporting it.

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 7superman

As shown in this picture below there's a token with the S-Shield on it where Clark discovered after uncovering the ship that he came to earth in which I also assuming he'll be using as some sort of key to re-activate the ship that he will eventually discover in his journey.

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 4clarkstuff

And I don't think I need to ask if this picture below reminds you of anything familiar!

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 16supesDOWN

Just thought I give my two cents on all of this!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:50 am

Does anyone else get a kind of a Alex Ross vibe from Cavill's Superman? Aside from the official poster, that shot of him flying in the teaser, coming out (or in im not sure which) of that ship and the close up of Cavill's face all give me a strong feel of Ross Superman. I know Zack said his favorite Superman artists are Jim Lee and Curt Swan, but Cavill's Superman almost seems like a mix of Ross and Lee with a touch of Swan (from all I've seen so far including the set pics) so I do like what im seeing from Cavill's Superman so far. One thing is for sure, he definitely looks like the biggest and most powerful Superman to date. And the suit looks fantastic too. I actually went and watched a scene from SR on youtube last night after watching the CC trailer and my oh my, what a striking difference. It really makes you realize even more what a pathetic attempt at Superman that was.

And speaking of Ross, I want the next still of Cavill as Superman to be a pose similar to this

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSX6iJ4m6p7vdfOGbkLhkD5PQ1wkPX-zj_Bd4bkeCTo-5C99YQG&t=1

or this

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 Arex1

Last edited by Alf on Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:20 pm

Some great screen grabs from cc footage. And happen another copy has made its way online. So grreat to see it closer and better quality. Yes bootleg still and a few focus issues. But nice to see it all again. I too can see a lot of simularities to sv flavors of things and I like. And the thought for fos makes sense too. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:49 pm

I've never been crazy about Ross' work. I'd rather they go for something more jovial but I guess everyone would think that's "too corny", but then again look at THOR and that turned out nicely.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Alf wrote:Does anyone else get a kind of a Alex Ross vibe from Cavill's Superman? Aside from the official poster, that shot of him flying in the teaser, coming out (or in im not sure which) of that ship and the close up of Cavill's face all give me a strong feel of Ross Superman. I know Zack said his favorite Superman artists are Jim Lee and Curt Swan, but Cavill's Superman almost seems like a mix of Ross and Lee with a touch of Swan (from all I've seen so far including the set pics) so I do like what im seeing from Cavill's Superman so far. One thing is for sure, he definitely looks like the biggest and most powerful Superman to date. And the suit looks fantastic too. I actually went and watched a scene from SR on youtube last night after watching the CC trailer and my oh my, what a striking difference. It really makes you realize even more what a pathetic attempt at Superman that was.

And speaking of Ross, I want the next still of Cavill as Superman to be a pose similar to this

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSX6iJ4m6p7vdfOGbkLhkD5PQ1wkPX-zj_Bd4bkeCTo-5C99YQG&t=1

or this

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 Arex1

Actually, I said it before, I think he's more of an Ed McGuinness Superman.

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 Tumblr_ksyb5l6juy1qzvw5po1_500

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 Ed%20Mcguinness-%20Superman

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 Superman_176

McGuinness always drew Superman more "stocky" and powerful. And I'm seeing this with Cavill's Superman.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Oh, and I'm calling it right now:

The SDCC footage is, and always ways meant to be, the first full-length trailer for 'Man Of Steel'.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:48 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Actually, I said it before, I think he's more of an Ed McGuinness Superman.

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 Tumblr_ksyb5l6juy1qzvw5po1_500

McGuinness always drew Superman more "stocky" and powerful. And I'm seeing this with Cavill's Superman.
McGuinness is a laughing stock among Apologists. "Superman isn't meant to be that big. It'd look silly on screen". Because we all know how much more convincing a skinny, pleather-clad bartender is.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:09 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Oh, and did anyone here notice that Crowe's speech is almost word-for-word taken from 'All Star Superman'?

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 Tumblr_m7j4xqqhQp1rsokfb
HOW THE HELL DO I KEEP FORGETTING TO TALK ABOUT THIS!??!?!

Anyway. I've loved All-Star Superman for a long time now. This quotation from Jor-El gives me a LOT of hope that they nailed the characterization. If they understand the importance of an aspirational Superman, I'd argue they'd logically get the characterization of him right. There's a lot implied about how Superman will be portrayed in this movie.

Put another way, we probably don't have to worry about Superman lurking outside of someone's house, spying on private conversations and all that.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:50 am

Since we're giving our own take on comparing Cavill's Superman with one of the incarnations from the comics I thought I give my own perspective on comparing Cavill's Superman with one of the comic incarnations.

Personally I think Cavill's appearance remind me more of Jim Lee's design since there are noticable resemblance between the two parties.

Notice how like the MOS suit the Jim Lee design has the S-Shield at the exact same size, long cape but not the same length and similar built physique.

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 SM-Cv208.solicits

And notice how Cavill's facial has a striking resemblance to Jim Lee's design.

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 Henrycavillsupermanclar

Hopefully in due time we get a photo still of Cavill in the suit posing this way...

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 Superman-jim-lee

Hey, if it work for Bats why not for Supes?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:19 am

Well, the thing about Ross Superman with me is more the whole impression than the face (though Cavill's jawline and hair as Superman kind of look similar). Like in this shot:

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 I0PUarQKZ0Hn1

The way that Cavill walks out of that alien ship or whatever it is and his hand placement and the cape floating just instantly painted a Ross Superman picture in my head, though that may only be in my head. Also when Cavill looks up he sort of has this similar kind of ´´introspective`` look that I associate with Ross Superman.

And the way Cavill flies in the teaser, with the same kind of arched body.

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 2010rossweb

Of course, Superman is Superman, but I do get a Ross vibe. Also a resemblance to Jim Lee's Superman:

"Man of Steel" trailer set for mid-2012 - Page 3 532656_116632058478347_1861768840_n

And I can definitely see McGuinness in terms of the body shape. Basically, Henry does resemble, in different ways, most ´´modern`` versions of Superman (like Byrne, García-López, Dan Jurgens). Though I also see some Swan in that picture of Cavill as Superman with the little kid. But I want for more pictures and footage to comment further on that. I guess the most important thing is, the guy does look the part, he worked his ass off to bring his body to shape worthy of the character and he has an almost perfect suit with one major but forgivable flaw. And that's all that matters to me.

Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

Back to top Go down

Post  Alf Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:30 am

James Stocks wrote:I've never been crazy about Ross' work. I'd rather they go for something more jovial but I guess everyone would think that's "too corny", but then again look at THOR and that turned out nicely.

Well we all have our tastes and preferences I guess. I always loved the art of Alex Ross. I also don't get the jovial part, I mean, I know what it means but I just don't really get it, especially not in reference to Ross Superman. He may not be as jovial as some other version but for me his Superman is one of the definitive.

But I don't see what Thor has to do with any of this? Thor is Thor, MOS is MOS. I'd rather for MOS to look and feel unique to anything that has come before in terms of movies. And although Thor is a good movie, to me it's only that. It seems like they wasted all the budget on Asgard and the earth part just feels so tiny, like a TV show almost. Just a very small scale and not as epic a movie as Thor would deserve. Though I guess that's because of the Avengers tie in and everything. I sure hope Thor: The Dark World kicks it up two or three gears!
Alf
Alf
Dean Cain
Dean Cain

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:44 am

I don't mind Ross in terms of the lines and his style. He can draw one hell of a poster. But when it comes to storytelling, I think he's got a long way to go. His page layouts have never impressed me.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next