Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russell Crowe Cast As Jor-El!

+3
Apologist Puncher
webhead2006
thecolorsblend
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Russell Crowe Cast As Jor-El! - Page 2 Empty Re: Russell Crowe Cast As Jor-El!

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:51 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Not to point out about Crowe being out of shaped or anything but I hope they aleast use some visual inhancements to thin up Crowe alittle in the editing booth!

Because, y'know, we've *NEVER* had a tubby Jor-El or anything, no no...

Russell Crowe Cast As Jor-El! - Page 2 Jor-EL

I know, right?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Russell Crowe "Tweets" from a few days ago:

http://www.movieviral.com/2011/10/19/russell-crowe-tweets-about-man-of-steel/

Russell Crowe Tweets About “Man Of Steel”
October 19, 2011 By Dan Koelsch 0 Comments

Russell Crowe is not afraid to speak his mind (or throw phones), so it should be no surprise that he has started tweeting about his experience filming the upcoming Superman movie Man of Steel. In the film, Crowe plays Superman’s biological father Jor-El, who sends his son Kal-El to Earth to save him from the destruction of Krypton. After the break, read what Crowe had to say lately about the production.

Spoiler:

Warner Bros.’ Man of Steel opens in theaters on June 14, 2013. Zack Snyder directs the screenplay from David Goyer. Henry Cavill plays the title role of Superman/Clark Kent opposite love interest and co-worker Lois Lane, played by Amy Adams. Laurence Fishburne is their boss, Perry White, and Kevin Costner and Diane Lane take on the roles of Clark’s adopted parents.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:31 am

I like his sense of humor about the thing. He seems to be having fun with the idea of being Superman's dad. This works for me.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:48 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I like his sense of humor about the thing. He seems to be having fun with the idea of being Superman's dad. This works for me.

Yeah, it sure beats the usual 'I really loathe comic-booky movies and their fans but it's easy money & it's not Shakespeare' crapola that we get from some actors. Tom Hard-ly, anyone? But of course he ain't the only one. I've already discussed the various actors who despised the idea of portraying Superman. However, it is refreshing indeed to see how Michael Shannon, Russell Crowe, Henry Cavill, & the others are embracing the source material. And we also know the enthusiasm of the actors over at Marvel Studios. I guess the genre has come a long way in the last few years but obviously hasn't completely erased the stereotypes either.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:05 am

non_amos wrote:Yeah, it sure beats the usual 'I really loathe comic-booky movies and their fans but it's easy money & it's not Shakespeare' crapola that we get from some actors. Tom Hard-ly, anyone? But of course he ain't the only one. I've already discussed the various actors who despised the idea of portraying Superman. However, it is refreshing indeed to see how Michael Shannon, Russell Crowe, Henry Cavill, & the others are embracing the source material. And we also know the enthusiasm of the actors over at Marvel Studios. I guess the genre has come a long way in the last few years but obviously hasn't completely erased the stereotypes either.
You can toss Kevin Costner up on that list too. He made some statement that he was looking forward to playing the part and putting his spin on the material along with everyone else. To my knowledge, he's not made any other statement about playing Jonathan but I think we can infer a pleasant attitude about it from him too.

And of course, Zack Snyder himself, well, he's just unstoppable...

thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:37 am

It is great to hear cast is having a good time shooting and playing these roles. Also can't wait to see possible throwdown between zod and jorel.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2