Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Hawk & Dove #1, Legion Lost #1, Static Shock #1 and LoSH #1' Covers

3 posters

Go down

'Hawk & Dove #1, Legion Lost #1, Static Shock #1 and LoSH #1' Covers Empty 'Hawk & Dove #1, Legion Lost #1, Static Shock #1 and LoSH #1' Covers

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:43 pm

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/06/08/dc-relaunch-guessing-the-teen-titans-makeup/

'Hawk & Dove #1, Legion Lost #1, Static Shock #1 and LoSH #1' Covers Legionlost
'Hawk & Dove #1, Legion Lost #1, Static Shock #1 and LoSH #1' Covers Legion
'Hawk & Dove #1, Legion Lost #1, Static Shock #1 and LoSH #1' Covers Static
'Hawk & Dove #1, Legion Lost #1, Static Shock #1 and LoSH #1' Covers Hawkanddove

Rob Liefeld STILL sucks ass.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

'Hawk & Dove #1, Legion Lost #1, Static Shock #1 and LoSH #1' Covers Empty Re: 'Hawk & Dove #1, Legion Lost #1, Static Shock #1 and LoSH #1' Covers

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:56 pm

Some nice covers. did they turn dove into a girl or has there been a female verison before?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

'Hawk & Dove #1, Legion Lost #1, Static Shock #1 and LoSH #1' Covers Empty Re: 'Hawk & Dove #1, Legion Lost #1, Static Shock #1 and LoSH #1' Covers

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:13 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Rob Liefeld STILL sucks ass.
Somebody buy this man a beer already.

Yeah, I was never a big Liefeld fan either.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:20 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
Somebody buy this man a beer already.

Yeah, I was never a big Liefeld fan either.

Somebody bought me a couple of tickets to the SDCC about 12-13 years ago, and I saw a line forming with his picture behind the table. I remembered him from those Levi commercials, and his wife was on 'Saved By The Bell' for a short time. So I jumped in the line to get his autograph, but moreso to talk to his wife.

Anyway, people are standing there, and he's sitting behind the table EATING and BS'ing with his friends 15 MINUTES AFTER THE TIME HE WAS SUPPOSED TO START. The asshole didn't even LOOK at the people in line.

Ever since, I've been all "Fuck Rob Liefeld".

Oh, and his art sucks too....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:37 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Somebody bought me a couple of tickets to the SDCC about 12-13 years ago, and I saw a line forming with his picture behind the table. I remembered him from those Levi commercials, and his wife was on 'Saved By The Bell' for a short time. So I jumped in the line to get his autograph, but moreso to talk to his wife.

Anyway, people are standing there, and he's sitting behind the table EATING and BS'ing with his friends 15 MINUTES AFTER THE TIME HE WAS SUPPOSED TO START. The asshole didn't even LOOK at the people in line.

Ever since, I've been all "Fuck Rob Liefeld".
Well then. Allow me to tell you a story that you may find cathartic.

Went to a con a few years ago with a friend and his lurk of a roommate. Lamers. Everybody knows at least a few lamers and the lurk roomie sets the standard for lamer. Luckily I managed to de-program him from being an Apologist but a lamer he will always be.

So anywho. Went to the con, right, and, among other guests (some REALLY cool ones, I might add), was no less than Mr. Rob Liefeld himself. I was never a fan of basically anything he's ever done so I wasn't too excited about that but the lurk of a roommate sure was. Problem is though is that, as I said, the fuckin guy is a total lamer.

So sure enough, he wanders over and starts chatting Liefeld up and, even from a distance, I could tell that the conversation wasn't going so great so I went over to see what was up. Turns out, Lurk got even the basics of Liefeld's resume wrong. He was convinced that Liefeld had a lengthy run on Amazing Spider-Man (no, that was McFarlane), created CyberForce (no, that was Silvestri) and then tackled the Heroes Reborn version of the Fantastic Four (no, that was Jim Lee).

Looked like Liefeld wanted to jump the table and beat the shit out of Lurk. Talk about PISSED. You know?

So to defuse the situation, I pulled some trivia right out of my ass and asked Liefeld if that Youngblood cartoon pilot (long story, this one) would ever get released on DVD or iTunes or something. I can't even friggin remember his answer but he seemed to calm down a lot after that.

Oh, and his art sucks too....
No doubts there.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:48 pm

Isn't Liefeld about 5'2 or something? Seeing him get pissed at someone would have been a hoot.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:00 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Isn't Liefeld about 5'2 or something? Seeing him get pissed at someone would have been a hoot.
He was seated at the time so I couldn't tell you. Not that it matters, Lurk is a pretty passive guy.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down