Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THOR: The Dark World

5 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

THOR: The Dark World - Page 4 Empty Re: THOR: The Dark World

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:57 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:THOR: The Dark World - Page 4 Biepx210
VERY cool.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:07 pm

New trailer is up: http://www.chud.com/133410/thor-the-dark-world-trailer-marvel-is-stepping-it-up/

Gonna watch it later, but from the screen caps this looks gorgeous.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:56 pm

Finally watched it. Definitely feels closer to THE AVENGERS than the first THOR, but that might just be the presentation of the trailer. Hopefully it retains some of the humor that made THOR unique.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:06 pm

James Stocks wrote:Finally watched it. Definitely feels closer to THE AVENGERS than the first THOR, but that might just be the presentation of the trailer. Hopefully it retains some of the humor that made THOR unique.

It will. THere's supposed to be a lot of "awkwardness" when he introduces Jane to his parents. And he's in the doghouse for "ignoring" her while saving the planet in 'Avengers'...
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:07 pm

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:59 pm

Finally watched it. Apart from Avengers, Thor is one of the series I've connected to the most. Cap plays well for me but something about Thor's nobility (and I mean that in the classic sense of the word) really strikes a chord.

Plus, let's not overlook the obvious. Thor doesn't put up with bullshit and he beats the snot out of a lot of people. It's hard not to like the movies on sheer principle.

Anyway. Looks cool to me.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:47 am

I moved your posts to the "Reviews" thread.

Kind of why I started it...
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:42 pm

And I totally zipped right by it. Oops. My bad.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:57 am

-- Thor: The Dark World (via Box Office Mojo)
Domestic- $167,837,000 (estimate)
Foreign- $381,000,000
Worldwide- $548,837,000

URL- http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=main&id=thor2.htm

Gotta say I'm concerned about Thor. It'd be revisionism to say that all the non-Iron Man films prior to Avengers knocked 'em dead at the box office. But they all did pretty well. Not great but nothing to be ashamed of, especially for a start-up studio's initial offerings.

However, I'm starting to think Iron Man 3 lulled us into a false sense of security about the profitability of the individual franchises post-Avengers. Thor has done well, no question. And obviously different rules are in play for a non-summer film. But still, I'd hoped the movie would be in profit in the US by weekend #2. Or #3 at the latest. And it's damned close to being there in the face of big competition but it's not quite there yet.

Doesn't matter in some ways. It's absolutely in profit in terms of the worldwide gross. I mean, those international numbers are nothing to sneeze at. And I haven't overlooked the fact that vast hordes of uneducated pukes considered MOS to be DOA with higher numbers than Thor has while Thor has been pronounced a smash hit.

Again, different standards apply for non-summer fare but gimme a fucking break.

Whatever, MOS was vindicated in the end and Thor has been extraordinarily well received so those are what count the most. I just hoped for higher figures because I dig Thor as an individual franchise, that's all.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:55 pm

It is profitable now. I'm not on BOM at the moment but I checked it last night & it was like 171 million & some change on a 170 million budget & that was just domestic. It's also Thanksgiving weekend so that should help. However, that Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire set a November record at 158 million it's first weekend! I haven't even seen the first film in that series but let's face it, whether it's actually good or not, that whole thing is like TWILIGHT. All the 'teeny-boppers' & such have just got to see it! I'm sure Thor is the better film. And speaking of that I still haven't seen it! That's because I'm working all the time. Today is the first day I've had off in over a month & about to start another extended cycle! But it beats being broke too so why complain, right? As for the Thor sequel I do hope to do something about that this weekend. Fingers crossed.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:06 pm

non_amos wrote:It is profitable now. I'm not on BOM at the moment but I checked it last night & it was like 171 million & some change on a 170 million budget & that was just domestic. It's also Thanksgiving weekend so that should help. However, that Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire set a November record at 158 million it's first weekend! I haven't even seen the first film in that series but let's face it, whether it's actually good or not, that whole thing is like TWILIGHT. All the 'teeny-boppers' & such have just got to see it! I'm sure Thor is the better film. And speaking of that I still haven't seen it! That's because I'm working all the time. Today is the first day I've had off in over a month & about to start another extended cycle! But it beats being broke too so why complain, right? As for the Thor sequel I do hope to do something about that this weekend. Fingers crossed.
I've seen both HG movies. They're okay. I don't see what the fuss is all about but I thought they were decent. There's some interesting political commentary going on in them... and very frankly, I don't think it's being lost on very many people. The HG fans I know mostly took the right lessons and morals from those movies. Yeah, it's got enough over-the-top romantic bullshit to bring in the junior high girls but that's a small price to pay in my opinion.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4