Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

+14
Rduce
gadhero
BHoward
Belltown213
webhead2006
pax666
Comicbookfan-V2
TomWelling4Superman
lib
Apologist Puncher
Father Finian
thecolorsblend
non_amos
superman1938
18 posters

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 17 Empty Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:24 am

James Stocks wrote:Didn't he audition for SR? I know for sure he was one of the finalists for James Bond before Daniel Craig won the title. And I know the auditioning for BATMAN BEGINS is a BS story.
I liked Cavill's look at the time of the FlyBy stuff. I only knew him from The Count of Monte Cristo but I figured that Reeve had been long enough ago in the past and, love him or hate him, Dean Cain didn't cast too long a shadow that Cavill couldn't have done the job.

But then I realized he was about 21 and my enthusiasm kinda plummeted.

Apologist Puncher wrote:Actually, no. He auditioned for 'FlyBy', and his test was passed along to BS. BS instead chose BJ Routh for......personal reasons.
Heh...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 17 Empty Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:09 am

I do hope we can see cavill MOS audtion. Would be fun to see how he looked in the reeve suit as this article and past interviews mentioned they tested in.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:32 am

Cavill comments on playing superman:
http://superherohype.com/news/articles/172497-henry-cavill-on-playing-superman-in-man-of-steel
Henry Cavill on Playing Superman in Man of Steel by SuperHeroHype September 03, 2012 Share this story

"It's important to do the role justice"

Cineplex magazine talked to The Cold Light of Day star Henry Cavill about his upcoming turn as Superman in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel , which is coming to theaters on June 14, 2013.

"What I can say is that it's a modernization of the character and a very realistic view of one, obviously, very fantastic individual," he said. "It's an unreal situation, but it's approached from a very practical viewpoint. We wanted to make the character easier to identify with."

Cavill also fully understood the importance of the character. "Very much so, yes. It’s important to do the role justice. There are a lot of people relying on me to do this well. I gladly accept that responsibility, and it’s a great one to have because it’s a wonderful opportunity. I don't let the pressures get to me because that's going to hinder my performance and, therefore, let people down. So I choose to ignore the pressure side of it and focus on doing justice to Superman."

The anticipated movie co-stars Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni and Russell Crowe.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:14 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Cavill comments on playing superman:
http://superherohype.com/news/articles/172497-henry-cavill-on-playing-superman-in-man-of-steel
Henry Cavill on Playing Superman in Man of Steel by SuperHeroHype September 03, 2012 Share this story

"It's important to do the role justice"

Cineplex magazine talked to The Cold Light of Day star Henry Cavill about his upcoming turn as Superman in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel , which is coming to theaters on June 14, 2013.

"What I can say is that it's a modernization of the character and a very realistic view of one, obviously, very fantastic individual," he said. "It's an unreal situation, but it's approached from a very practical viewpoint. We wanted to make the character easier to identify with."

Cavill also fully understood the importance of the character. "Very much so, yes. It’s important to do the role justice. There are a lot of people relying on me to do this well. I gladly accept that responsibility, and it’s a great one to have because it’s a wonderful opportunity. I don't let the pressures get to me because that's going to hinder my performance and, therefore, let people down. So I choose to ignore the pressure side of it and focus on doing justice to Superman."

The anticipated movie co-stars Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Kevin Costner, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Antje Traue, Ayelet Zurer, Christopher Meloni and Russell Crowe.

The sad part is, this is considered "news" for 'Man Of Steel'..... Frustration
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:18 pm

I feel your pain man! Ya know what would be nice? if we become so inundated with MOS news that we forget all about Batman, Spiderman, even the Avengers & start talking about SUPERMAN for a change. Imagine that!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:20 pm

Part of me is beginning to wonder if the only reason this thing is getting made at all is because of the lawsuit (ie, "get a movie going by 2012 or my client will have the option to sue your ass"). The people making the movie are giving it their best shot but on the executive side... I gotta wonder if their hearts are even in this.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:09 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Part of me is beginning to wonder if the only reason this thing is getting made at all is because of the lawsuit (ie, "get a movie going by 2012 or my client will have the option to sue your ass").

I just wish I could figure out just what the fuck they are waiting for??

The people making the movie are giving it their best shot but on the executive side... I gotta wonder if their hearts are even in this.

Well, we know their "advertising wallets" aren't. At least not at this point....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Yes it does suck we just have these to go by for news items. And I really like more. And hate the waiting game wb is playing. Cause they better do a hell of a job promoting the shit out of the film. Once they do start up more in dec likely with hobbit release for another trailer. Then maybe finally start of mag/talk show stuff.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 17 Empty ,,,,,,

Post  Scarecrow Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:15 pm

I'm quite pissed off we've still only got ONE official still photo from the film.

Scarecrow
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:17 pm

Scarecrow wrote:I'm quite pissed off we've still only got ONE official still photo from the film.

You and me both.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:21 am

I was excited and confident that on July with the premiere of the teaser trailer that the marketing machine would start cranking up. Then it turns out the teaser cut out a lot of good stuff from the Comic Con Trailer so all you got was Superman fishing and flying from a distance. But hey, maybe they'll put out more stuff!

Today? Ask someone about the movie and 10 to 1 they'll reply "there's a new Superman?" "Yes, WB doesn't want you to know it, but there will be!"
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:17 am

I used to ridicule the Apologists when some theorized that Singerman 2 had secretly gone into production, everything was hush-hush, etc. Mocked them.

Strangely enough, time has given some legitimacy to their little conspiracy theory... although probably not in the way they'd hoped.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:37 am

I joked once that WB was hiding the film because they realized that it's actually terrible and are panicking about how to properly sell that turkey.

I'm sure it's really just WB being... weird.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:44 pm

I know right, what's the harm at releasing a few stills of the actors from scenes not revealing anything. Heck I said it before even if its not official from the film stills. We know most of the cast done photo shoots months ago for the film. For all the mags and what not. And we still can't see a little peak at them. Since we probably won't see them to jan-april once all the mag press starts. Up. Just really sucks wb is choosing to hold off/wait for promoting the film. When all the cast and crew been saying good things and hell just looking frrom spy pics frrom plaino shooting the film looks sweet and going in the right direction. Then the mess of a film sr was.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Bug-Eyed Earl Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:07 pm

Henry Cavill is dating Gina Carano:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2241696/MoS-DIARY-Shades-romance-Man-Of-Steel-Henry-Cavill.html

Lucky bastard.

Bug-Eyed Earl
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:19 am

Cavill meeting fans out in HollyWeird:

Definitely a cool guy who didn't HAVE to sign autographs and take pictures with everyone there.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:09 pm

Not sure if any of you have seen this, but it was leaked without the Bros. Warner's permission. So grab it if you want it, they're yankin' it:

Spoiler:
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Good find, thanks for posting. I would NEVER save pictures like that to my hard drive until WB releases them officially, of course. I've also never told a lie. But I'm still glad you posted that.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:19 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Good find, thanks for posting. I would NEVER save pictures like that to my hard drive until WB releases them officially, of course. I've also never told a lie. But I'm still glad you posted that.

What's sad is, we're now FOUR MONTHS away from the opening, and the "official" pictures are still basically non-existent. 'Kick Ass 2' has more, and it doesn't come out until AFTER 'MOS'.

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:27 pm

I'm beyond defending that anymore. Some people are convinced this will be the secret to the movies success, citing the word of mouth MOS is getting among the civilians. I don't talk much to the civilians so I don't know but my impression is that those who know about the movie are somewhat interested in it but in general it's very much below the radar right now.

The magazine cover story a few weeks ago is a step in the right direction but that should've been in October or November (at the latest). Feels like anything they do now will be too little, too late. WB's heart just isn't in MOS. I'm more convinced of that than ever. Said sadly.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:49 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Not sure if any of you have seen this, but it was leaked without the Bros. Warner's permission. So grab it if you want it, they're yankin' it:

Spoiler:

I've just seen this now for the first time. I obviously tried to see it at that other site & it's so gone. But I wouldn't save it to my hard drive either, right? Wink

But here we go again! Yet another pic of Cavill with the trunk area DELIBERATELY OBSCURED! But we've also had pics released where you could tell there were no trunks. Seems to me that this is still an issue?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:39 pm

It'd be nice if you were right but they've manufactured lots of toys and other things by now. If the trunks thing was going to change, it probably would've before the toys and other things started being solicited.

I think we'll have to accept a trunkless Superman outfit for the time being. But there's always (hopefully) a sequel...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:09 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Not sure if any of you have seen this, but it was leaked without the Bros. Warner's permission. So grab it if you want it, they're yankin' it:

Spoiler:

I seen this one at the forums of Superherohype.com, I thought it was fanmade but then again looks too good to be a manip so it had to be leaked from the studio!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:47 pm

Not sure if you guys have seen this, but it answers non_amos' question.

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 17 Mos_fully_body_poster_by_rocketman28-d5tsrhu
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:36 am

Finally a full body shot! Just wish that his front side was shown!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next