Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

+14
Rduce
gadhero
BHoward
Belltown213
webhead2006
pax666
Comicbookfan-V2
TomWelling4Superman
lib
Apologist Puncher
Father Finian
thecolorsblend
non_amos
superman1938
18 posters

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 5 Empty Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 pm

I took this in to the PM's.

DON'T post more of this bullshit in the thread.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 5 Empty Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:45 am

I'll expect you to do the same!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:10 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:I'll expect you to do the same!

And I expect you to choke on a bag of dicks, anal wart.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:26 pm

Was this worth a thread unto itself? I didn't think so, esp as it pertains to Cavill bulking up for the role. Maybe the movie will suck, maybe it won't, but the one thing you can't say is that cast and crew aren't taking this shit seriously.

Henry Cavill to movieline wrote:WonderCon || by Jen Yamato || 04 02 2011 4:00 PM
Henry Cavill Talks Superman Training, Best Abs Contests And Geeking Out Over The Costume
Bookmark and Share
comments: 3 || add yours
Leader image for Henry Cavill Talks Superman Training, Best Abs Contests And Geeking Out Over The Costume

Movieline caught up with future Superman Henry Cavill Saturday at WonderCon, where he’s scheduled to present footage from his upcoming Greek hero pic Immortals. More on his turn as the mud-speckled Greek hero Theseus to come; first, Cavill divulged details of how he’s currently training to become the Man of Steel, how he’s shaping his Supes body differently from his ab-tastic Immortals physique, and how his inner geek comes out as costume tests progress.

Cavill spent months on Tarsem’s Immortals constantly training, maintaining six percent body fat, and, he jokes, competing with his co-stars to see “who had the best abs.” Following the Immortals shoot, he filmed The Cold Light of Day with Bruce Willis and Sigourney Weaver, a project that allowed him to lay off the strict regimen. Then he got the Superman call.

“After a month of training with Mark Twight’s program for Gym Jones - he did 300 and Sucker Punch as well - this foundation phase has sort of got me back towards my fitness,” Cavill explained. “Not quite in Immortals shape like I was, but I’ve got the base there again. So the hard work really begins now when I go to L.A. That’s going to be exciting.” The future Clark Kent/Superman hasn’t yet begun specific action training for Superman. While he had to get into demigod shape for Immortals, Cavill explains that Superman’s physique will require him to shape his body differently, “back and beyond” what the Immortals shoot required.

henry cavill_300.jpg“It’s going to be a different kind of shape. When you see the Immortals shape you’ll see what I mean. We obviously haven’t had the final brief yet, it’s going to adapt and change as far as when Mark sees my body adapting to the training he’ll go, ‘Okay, Henry can do this,’ or ‘Henry can’t do this,’ or ‘His body will look better like that.’ It’ll be fine-tuned and tweaked as we go along. But I think it’s going to be a different sort of shape from Immortals.”

The next step will be donning that iconic Superman costume, which is still being designed. “There have been some concept costume fittings,” said Cavill. “I’m so excited - it’s fantastic. Really, really fantastic. Sometimes… I mean, I’m sitting here talking to you about being Superman, for example. And then it dawns on me and I go, ‘Oh my God, I’m Superman!’ It’s really exciting and an incredible opportunity, so as soon as I’m jumping into the costume and stuff it starts to become real.”

“As soon as you don the cape and the S shield, it’s one of those things where you go, ‘Wow - this is real.’”

URL- http://www.movieline.com/2011/04/henry-cavill-istraining-geeking-out-over-thought-of-donning-supermans-costume.php

thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:22 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Was this worth a thread unto itself? I didn't think so, esp as it pertains to Cavill bulking up for the role. Maybe the movie will suck, maybe it won't, but the one thing you can't say is that cast and crew aren't taking this shit seriously.

Henry Cavill to movieline wrote:WonderCon || by Jen Yamato || 04 02 2011 4:00 PM
Henry Cavill Talks Superman Training, Best Abs Contests And Geeking Out Over The Costume
Bookmark and Share
comments: 3 || add yours
Leader image for Henry Cavill Talks Superman Training, Best Abs Contests And Geeking Out Over The Costume

Movieline caught up with future Superman Henry Cavill Saturday at WonderCon, where he’s scheduled to present footage from his upcoming Greek hero pic Immortals. More on his turn as the mud-speckled Greek hero Theseus to come; first, Cavill divulged details of how he’s currently training to become the Man of Steel, how he’s shaping his Supes body differently from his ab-tastic Immortals physique, and how his inner geek comes out as costume tests progress.

Cavill spent months on Tarsem’s Immortals constantly training, maintaining six percent body fat, and, he jokes, competing with his co-stars to see “who had the best abs.” Following the Immortals shoot, he filmed The Cold Light of Day with Bruce Willis and Sigourney Weaver, a project that allowed him to lay off the strict regimen. Then he got the Superman call.

“After a month of training with Mark Twight’s program for Gym Jones - he did 300 and Sucker Punch as well - this foundation phase has sort of got me back towards my fitness,” Cavill explained. “Not quite in Immortals shape like I was, but I’ve got the base there again. So the hard work really begins now when I go to L.A. That’s going to be exciting.” The future Clark Kent/Superman hasn’t yet begun specific action training for Superman. While he had to get into demigod shape for Immortals, Cavill explains that Superman’s physique will require him to shape his body differently, “back and beyond” what the Immortals shoot required.

henry cavill_300.jpg“It’s going to be a different kind of shape. When you see the Immortals shape you’ll see what I mean. We obviously haven’t had the final brief yet, it’s going to adapt and change as far as when Mark sees my body adapting to the training he’ll go, ‘Okay, Henry can do this,’ or ‘Henry can’t do this,’ or ‘His body will look better like that.’ It’ll be fine-tuned and tweaked as we go along. But I think it’s going to be a different sort of shape from Immortals.”

The next step will be donning that iconic Superman costume, which is still being designed. “There have been some concept costume fittings,” said Cavill. “I’m so excited - it’s fantastic. Really, really fantastic. Sometimes… I mean, I’m sitting here talking to you about being Superman, for example. And then it dawns on me and I go, ‘Oh my God, I’m Superman!’ It’s really exciting and an incredible opportunity, so as soon as I’m jumping into the costume and stuff it starts to become real.”

“As soon as you don the cape and the S shield, it’s one of those things where you go, ‘Wow - this is real.’”

URL- http://www.movieline.com/2011/04/henry-cavill-istraining-geeking-out-over-thought-of-donning-supermans-costume.php

I like the "beyond" comment as far as his shape in 'The Immortals' goes. Means he is going to be BIG, not skinny like he is in that film.

I approve.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:24 am

He will probably be in wicked shape.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:06 pm

Puncher, are you saying you want a beefed up Superman who looks like he works out and exercises a lot??!!? Where the hell are you priorities, man?! Smile
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:30 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Puncher, are you saying you want a beefed up Superman who looks like he works out and exercises a lot??!!? Where the hell are you priorities, man?! Smile

Seriously, the fuck was I thinking?? THIS is much more better:

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 5 2153096917_b030e12bc2

n i iz a dum-dum maroon who dint no wat iz gooder. o ya made da suite outta leather to!!!!
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 5 Empty RE: Henry Cavill cast As Superman!

Post  non_amos Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:20 pm

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9518#comments

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1661186/wondercon-henry-cavill-superman.jhtml

About to have to leave for work but discuss!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:30 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Puncher, are you saying you want a beefed up Superman who looks like he works out and exercises a lot??!!? Where the hell are you priorities, man?! Smile

Seriously, the fuck was I thinking?? THIS is much more better:

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 5 2153096917_b030e12bc2

n i iz a dum-dum maroon who dint no wat iz gooder. o ya made da suite outta leather to!!!!
Part of me wants to amplify on this with even more sarcasm but I just can't bring myself to do it. There's just SO much wrong with Singerman, that bikini, leather versions of The Suit that it's just overwhelming.

Still, as ever, it amuses me how much of the merchandising for Singerman might've used the Routh bikini but at least tried to use the proper colors. If nothing else, the licensees gave their hardest effort in a really horrible situation. They deserve credit for trying their best. You have to respect that as they go into these things utterly blind.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:05 am

Two things. First, seems Cavill has been TOTALLY off the radar since not too long after he was cast. Yeah, reports were coming through that he was working out LAMF in preparation for the role but I don't recall any photos or soundbytes/interviews.

Second... excuse me. But WTF?!?! Where's the pic of Cavill in the Superman outfit (I'd prefer not to call it The Suit until we know for sure what we're dealing with here)?! I seem to recall Snyder assuring us we'd see it sooner rather than later. Well boys and girls, shooting starts in a few weeks. So unless something pops up, like, next freakin week, I'd say that something probably changed with the plan.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:13 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Two things. First, seems Cavill has been TOTALLY off the radar since not too long after he was cast. Yeah, reports were coming through that he was working out LAMF in preparation for the role but I don't recall any photos or soundbytes/interviews.

Well, he was doing re-shoots for that 'Immortals' movie that comes out later this year, hence the picture thread down below. But yes, since then, not a peep....

Second... excuse me. But WTF?!?! Where's the pic of Cavill in the Superman outfit (I'd prefer not to call it The Suit until we know for sure what we're dealing with here)?! I seem to recall Snyder assuring us we'd see it sooner rather than later. Well boys and girls, shooting starts in a few weeks. So unless something pops up, like, next freakin week, I'd say that something probably changed with the plan.

Maybe next week's 'EW' will have it? The week that Comic-Con opens up would be the smartest, or DUMBEST, time to release it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:15 am

How do you suppose the new DC suit debacle fits into this? Not at all, or very much so?!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:02 am

non_amos wrote:How do you suppose the new DC suit debacle fits into this? Not at all, or very much so?!
That actually is one reason I'm worried. If it were me, I'd KNOW I could get some mileage out of the core fans if, as they have a tantrum over the unnecessary redesign of his uniform, I released a photo of Cavill wearing a traditional version of The Suit.

But that's just me.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:21 pm

It has been awhile since we have heard/seen anything of him. But like you guys said last we heard he been training and then had to do some reshots for immortals. I hope his training been going well. As for photo of cavill in suit it could still happen within the next two to three weeks counting when officially in aug filming starts. As for the whole suit deal I hope it will be classic design with newer/better matterials. I don't see why it couldn't be classic look. Wouldn't be first time a cartoon/tv show on x hero used one design look that the comics are doing and all that. Crossing fingers it will be classic.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:15 pm

webhead2006 wrote:It has been awhile since we have heard/seen anything of him. But like you guys said last we heard he been training and then had to do some reshots for immortals. I hope his training been going well. As for photo of cavill in suit it could still happen within the next two to three weeks counting when officially in aug filming starts. As for the whole suit deal I hope it will be classic design with newer/better matterials. I don't see why it couldn't be classic look. Wouldn't be first time a cartoon/tv show on x hero used one design look that the comics are doing and all that. Crossing fingers it will be classic.

Here's one way of looking at it. The pic of Blandon 'BJ' Routhman was first released at least 14 months before the debut of Singerman. We've still got like a year & a half to go almost before THE MAN OF STEEL. So there's still time. However, I think people are getting 'antsy' for a number of reasons. One reason is no doubt duh lawsuit. Another is no doubt the disappointment over Singerman. True Superman fans want a good film like yesterday! So people are impatient. Technically there's probably still plenty of time.

However, because of Singerman fans want a quality product this time around! You also have to consider the initial debut of that first pic of BJ the Bartender. Atrocious, wasn't it? If you'll recall, in spite of duh apologists, a lot of people didn't like it! In other words, there was negative backlash. I'd like to think that this fact isn't lost on 'the brothers Warner'. That they'll learn from their mistakes.

A lot is riding on how Cavill will actually look! I think WB knows that. I think Snyder & Nolan know that, etc., etc. Maybe DC wants to be controversial at the moment but I don't think WB will be willing to 'experiment' on the general public this time. There's too much to lose! I think one reason we're not seeing Cavill is because he really is training & we know how 'secretive' Nolan is about his projects. Since he's producing I guess we'll know when we need to know. Or when Nolan feels like we need to know.

Personally I don't think they'll go the route of Singerman again. But that's just me.....
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:09 pm

Totally non still time, and even if filming doesn't start to mid aug still a few weeks before filming photos can be release. plus it would be smart to release official studio photo before any filming outdoors happens with suit. I too hope cavill is in great shape, the suit is good matterials, and fits and shows off his body in the right way.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:05 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:That actually is one reason I'm worried. If it were me, I'd KNOW I could get some mileage out of the core fans if, as they have a tantrum over the unnecessary redesign of his uniform, I released a photo of Cavill wearing a traditional version of The Suit.

But that's just me.

A picture of Cavill in a CLASSIC Superman suit would go a long way with the core fan-base, and give this film some goodwill going into production. If we don't see something soon, Something Is Rotten In Denmark....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:12 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:That actually is one reason I'm worried. If it were me, I'd KNOW I could get some mileage out of the core fans if, as they have a tantrum over the unnecessary redesign of his uniform, I released a photo of Cavill wearing a traditional version of The Suit.

But that's just me.

A picture of Cavill in a CLASSIC Superman suit would go a long way with the core fan-base, and give this film some goodwill going into production. If we don't see something soon, Something Is Rotten In Denmark....

Yeah, I was reading an article recently that was saying the studios are getting cold feet about what they reveal at ComicCon now, having been burnt when some "sneak peeks" have had the opposite effect to what they were hoping for.

The timing is terrible with DC pushing it's redesigned characters. Personally I hope to hell we get a "traditional" looking Superman in Cavill and a slam bang fun action adventure film.....not panicking just yet.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:18 pm

like i said earlier i dont see what the issue or harm would be to have cavill be in traditional suit, while having the silly relaunch design going for comics. like i said in earlier post, there has been plently of times animated/live action heroes having this suit(ie the classic look of x character) while a comic or what not may be sporting a different or temporary design for what ever reasons. Plus even if they do go classic look for snyder film, there is bound to be comics adapted from the film and all that using that design. Same goes with superman on young justice, to any upcoming DTV animated films.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:21 pm

Father Finian wrote:Yeah, I was reading an article recently that was saying the studios are getting cold feet about what they reveal at ComicCon now, having been burnt when some "sneak peeks" have had the opposite effect to what they were hoping for.

The first picture will be in an issue of 'Entertainment Weekly', not at Comic-Con. EW is owned by the Bros. Warner, and will hit a larger audience. BUT, timing it in next week's issue to coincide with CC would be a blessing or a curse.

The timing is terrible with DC pushing it's redesigned characters. Personally I hope to hell we get a "traditional" looking Superman in Cavill and a slam bang fun action adventure film.....not panicking just yet.

This "relaunch/re-do/Batman and Green Lantern Stay The Same" thing is going to fail.

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 5 Agent%20smith

"It is inevitable"
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:06 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:This "relaunch/re-do/Batman and Green Lantern Stay The Same" thing is going to fail.

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 5 Agent%20smith

"It is inevitable"

Yeah, I still can't get my head around that. Shows you how "gutless" this reboot is, they dare not tamper with Batman, too much at stake with THAT particular character.

If you're going to be crazy/brave enough to reboot your universe" then at least have the balls to change the entire thing.

Have you seen the alternative cover to Action Comics 1 that has just surfaced? It's depressing, Superman being shot at by cops as he flies along dressed in T-shirt and jeans with a dinky little cape. Beyond ridiculous.

At least it makes virtually ANY criticism of Smallville now redundant.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:28 am

I feel same way. If you want to reboot universe do it completely or should have made this relaunch deal a ultimate line for dc where they could do what ever zany thing to characters. But leave them the norm in the regular books.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:25 pm

If I remember right cavill. May be at comic con today for a panel for immortals. So if he does show up would be a good look at his size for superman. Since its due to start in a week or two.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Not much to go by. But here is a photo of cavill at the immortals sdcc '11 panel:
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 5 Immcast
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next