Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Rosenbaum For The Smallville Finale!!

+2
thecolorsblend
non_amos
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Michael Rosenbaum For The Smallville Finale!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Rosenbaum For The Smallville Finale!!

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:50 pm

So Ausiello is reporting that Rosenbaum may be back after all.

Question: Can you give us a big Smallville scoop? —Badr
Ausiello: If what I’m hearing about the show’s final batch of episodes is true, producers are at the very least cautiously optimistic that the very busy Michael Rosenbaum will be back. Kristin Kreuk, meanwhile, will definitely not be back. Sorry Lana fans. (There are Lana fans out there, yes?)

-- http://www.tvline.com/2011/01/ask-ausiello-spoilers-glee-true-blood-fringe

I'd understand if Rosenbaum doesn't want to come back. He had a seven year run on the show, which is apparently two years more than he actually wanted. I could see his point of view on this... but, c'mon, the show needs him back in order to end properly. This is good news.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Michael Rosenbaum For The Smallville Finale!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Michael Rosenbaum For The Smallville Finale!!

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:07 pm

Ya I still hope he will appear in finale episode. Really all we need is him to do like what would probably be like 2-3 days worth of filming for what could be like 15 or so mins in total(if only one hr finale) or atleast 25mins of footage or so if its two hr finale. I did see the report about michael scoring a guest role for a new fox comedy mid season show. So hopefully that wont hurt his avaviablitity for sv finale.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Michael Rosenbaum For The Smallville Finale!! - Page 2 Empty RE: No Michael Rosenbaum For The Smallville Finale?!

Post  non_amos Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:00 pm

NO LANA?! NO 'CLANA'?! WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH! Laughing

But good to hear that the possibility of Rosenbaum's return is fairly decent. And NOT to sound like duh apologists about Lana because you've first got to actually LIKE girls. Kristin Kreuk is obviously hot & all of that but I think what hurt her on Smallville was all of the incessant whining that Clark ended up doing OVER her. I think THAT was the turn-off.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:13 pm

non_amos wrote:NO LANA?! NO 'CLANA'?! WAAAHHH! WAAAHHH! Laughing
Smile That was my basic reaction too. "Oh darn, SO sorry to hear that!"

But good to hear that the possibility of Rosenbaum's return is fairly decent.
I maintain that some sort of agreement has been reached but they won't announce it until Feb or March'ish. Gives the network time to promote it a little bit as part of the lead up to the finale (I assume he'd be in the least episode or two). Now ain't the time no matter how you look at it.

Kristin Kreuk is obviously hot & all of that
Maybe it's just my tastes but I never thought she was all that. There have been quite a few hotties on the show but I never saw what the hullabaloo about Kreuk was supposed to be all about.

but I think what hurt her on Smallville was all of the incessant whining that Clark ended up doing OVER her. I think THAT was the turn-off.
My opinion is that what hurt her is how the writing never acknowledged her flaws. She lied, cheated, stole, she did whatever she had to do. Other characters at times did the same shit but the difference was that they'd sooner or later get called out on the carpet for it.

But Lana? Never did. Not until season 7, at least (but the damage was done by then anyway). So you've got at least four seasons where Lana could do whatever the hell she wanted and nobody said a peep about it.

I usually don't think it's my place to agree with Neal Bailey on just about anything but, cartoonish though his Lana criticisms were, they're the one part of his reviews that I think were mostly legitimate. Lana got away with murder (literally at times) while everyone else had to pay the piper. It's just bullshit and I'm glad she's gone.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:19 pm

I do hope a agreement is in place. I agree that its to early to announce anything. It would be better come april or so. I hope if he is in there we get a good story for him.

As for lana I never cared much for her come 3rd season and on with all the crap storylines with her. They sure did alot of dumb things with her.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:37 pm

webhead2006 wrote:When's the con you are going to father. Would love to hear how it goes for you. And I agree man if he is trying u just make a quick buck it sucks to us fans.

Hopefully the Sydney one. Would love to bump into certain Superman "fans" there.

Looks very promising re Rosenbaum. Especially how he's on the autograph circuit. Looks very promising re Lana too. Especially how everyone's happy to forget her.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:12 pm

Father Finian wrote:Hopefully the Sydney one. Would love to bump into certain Superman "fans" there.

Take pics if you do....

Looks very promising re Rosenbaum. Especially how he's on the autograph circuit. Looks very promising re Lana too. Especially how everyone's happy to forget her.

Yeah, I have a feeling he'll be on for at least one episode.

And Kreuk is great to look at. But that's it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:43 am

Well, this just keeps getting better and better...

Michael Rosenbaum via Twitter wrote:"Honestly don't know where people get their information from, but i haven't discussed Smallville with Producers or anyone in quite some time."

The original report came from Ausiello. As much as I consider him to be a professional hanger-on, the guy's info is usually kosher. If he reports on something, you can usually rest assured that it'll happen eventually (ie, finalized already but not revealed yet). For him to shoot his mouth off about something this big is either (A) a major blunder in his otherwise solid track record or (B) spilling the beans while Rosenbaum plays it cool on Twitter before the official announcement comes down the pipeline.

I really don't see too much of a third alternative here.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:25 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Well, this just keeps getting better and better...

Michael Rosenbaum via Twitter wrote:"Honestly don't know where people get their information from, but i haven't discussed Smallville with Producers or anyone in quite some time."

The original report came from Ausiello. As much as I consider him to be a professional hanger-on, the guy's info is usually kosher. If he reports on something, you can usually rest assured that it'll happen eventually (ie, finalized already but not revealed yet). For him to shoot his mouth off about something this big is either (A) a major blunder in his otherwise solid track record or (B) spilling the beans while Rosenbaum plays it cool on Twitter before the official announcement comes down the pipeline.

I really don't see too much of a third alternative here.

It's pretty common for an actor to say something like this. Would "ruin the surprise" if he said anything different.

IF he's coming back, that is.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:55 pm

Well this news doesn't looks promising:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/10/smallville-finale-rosenbaum-lex-luthor/

Though I haven't given up all hope. Plus this is far from 100% confirmation. With still over a month left with filming. If no deal avent been made could easily happen right up to when filming starts. Or in the other case this could all be a smokescreen and michael has been signed and they want to keep it a surprise for a bit longer. That is what I hope. We will see once finale filming does happen early/mid march.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:18 am

Honestly, I could give two shits about Rosenbaum apart from SV so this kind of irritates me. I mean, I'm sure the guy will show up at cons once in a while and coast off Lex if nothing else but, as a fan of Superman in general and this show in particular, it's sort of hard to imagine having anything to say to the guy considering how this looks like it'll go down.

I mean, yeah, it probably makes sense to him. He put in his seven years (which I hear is two more than he actually originally wanted to do) and he left on a pretty interesting note. From his point of view, why go back to the well? He put in his time, it was some awesome television and he probably has mostly good memories of his time on the series.

But from my perspective, as a fan... fuck you, Rosenbaum.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Michael Rosenbaum For The Smallville Finale!! - Page 2 Empty No Michael Rosenbaum For The Smallville Finale?!

Post  non_amos Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:45 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Honestly, I could give two shits about Rosenbaum apart from SV so this kind of irritates me. I mean, I'm sure the guy will show up at cons once in a while and coast off Lex if nothing else but, as a fan of Superman in general and this show in particular, it's sort of hard to imagine having anything to say to the guy considering how this looks like it'll go down.

I mean, yeah, it probably makes sense to him. He put in his seven years (which I hear is two more than he actually originally wanted to do) and he left on a pretty interesting note. From his point of view, why go back to the well? He put in his time, it was some awesome television and he probably has mostly good memories of his time on the series.

But from my perspective, as a fan... fuck you, Rosenbaum.

Had to work last night so I've just seen this. This is a GREAT letdown! I don't feel like going on & on about it right now but the point is, as far as SUPERMAN FANS go, Rosenbaum portrayed the DEFINITIVE Lex Luthor! Even more revered than Gene Hackman! Now, to be fair, obviously Hackman is a better actor overall. However, his Luthor was 'hammed up' by duh Salkinds & just wasn't the correct interpretation of the character itself. Certainly Hackman could've played a version similar to what Rosenbaum did if TPTB had allowed him to. Nevertheless, Rosenbaum DID play the correct version of the character & nailed it!

Certainly Rosenbaum knows how his version of Luthor is revered in fandom?! So why the big middle finger to the fans NOW?! Oh, & Mike, good luck with that 'writing'! Maybe you can say hello to 'Steve' while you're at it?! Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:43 pm

Totally non what the heck is really up if he really isn't showing up in finale. Boy the spainish fans at that may superheors con are going to tear him up. Also really he did seem more open last few months in interviews and tweets not saying definate no like he did before. So come on why not show up. Really all they could need him for is like two maybe 3 days of filming. Hecj he probably would make a good chunk of change to for that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Michael Rosenbaum For The Smallville Finale!! - Page 2 Empty RE:No Michael Rosenbaum For The Smallville Finale?!

Post  non_amos Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:32 pm

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9252#comments

I haven't read all of this but here's a couple of highlights. First, from the infamous WHOGAMAN:

"If Rosenbaum wants not to return to 'Metroville', then so be it.Like it or not, as far as plotting is concerned, the character of Lex Luthor is now the Alexander clone. And Rosenbaum is not necessarily needed to complete the plot of 'when will Luthor become Superman's arch enemy?'

Rosenbaum's refusal to return will upset many 'Metroville' fans, but I can see it for what it is. He wants to put this behind him after being a huge part of the shows success for the last seven years, might just not want to be type cast as Lex Luthor forever. But business is business. And if Rosenbaum wants to stretch his creative muscle, them I for one wish him well and would like to see what he does next.

Peace Whoga"

Typical apologist rhetoric huh? Consider that duh apologists didn't necessarily support Rosenbaum when he was actually on the show but now 'wish him well' in whatever asinine decisions he makes?! At the expense of comic fandom?! Now a counter-point which I won't necessarily copy & paste all of:

"Michael Rosenbaum is telling his fans in his own way...."F*CK ALL OF MY FANS FROM DAY 1 OF SMALLVILLE...."

Like the saying goes, don't bite the hands that fed you.
He's just pulling another Megan Fox on us fans. If Christopher Reeve can pay his respect and come to Smallville in a wheel chair-quadriplegic. What does that really say about Michael Rosenbaum."

Oh, & I found this from 'swrighty' who from the looks of things is very active in this thread:

"Fans watch the show. They give the show ratings. Which helps PAY their salary, which helps the show STAY on the air, which helps him STAY employed. If the fans didn't watch this show then there is NO Smallville. Michael does not become a household name among the fans. He doesn't get invited to fan conventions where I'm guessing he gets a pretty good appearance fee.

Yes, he fulfilled a contract. No, he doesn't HAVE to come back to the show if he doesn't want to. But, it still doesn't change the fact that it is disrespectful to a show that STARTED his career."

FIRE AWAY! bounce
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:41 pm

non_amos wrote:http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9252#comments

I haven't read all of this but here's a couple of highlights. First, from the infamous WHOGAMAN:

"If Rosenbaum wants not to return to 'Metroville', then so be it.Like it or not, as far as plotting is concerned, the character of Lex Luthor is now the Alexander clone. And Rosenbaum is not necessarily needed to complete the plot of 'when will Luthor become Superman's arch enemy?'

Rosenbaum's refusal to return will upset many 'Metroville' fans, but I can see it for what it is. He wants to put this behind him after being a huge part of the shows success for the last seven years, might just not want to be type cast as Lex Luthor forever. But business is business. And if Rosenbaum wants to stretch his creative muscle, them I for one wish him well and would like to see what he does next.

Peace Whoga"
That fucktard Apologist puke loves that gay "Metroville" thing. I still have no idea what it's supposed to mean, other than the fact that he's a fucking idiot.

Oh, & I found this from 'swrighty' who from the looks of things is very active in this thread:

"Fans watch the show. They give the show ratings. Which helps PAY their salary, which helps the show STAY on the air, which helps him STAY employed. If the fans didn't watch this show then there is NO Smallville. Michael does not become a household name among the fans. He doesn't get invited to fan conventions where I'm guessing he gets a pretty good appearance fee.

Yes, he fulfilled a contract. No, he doesn't HAVE to come back to the show if he doesn't want to. But, it still doesn't change the fact that it is disrespectful to a show that STARTED his career."

FIRE AWAY! bounce
Ugh! The fact that SWright agrees with me makes me doubt my own opinion. But he's right (but only because we're all right). I don't think anybody held it against Rosenbaum for not coming back for season 8, 9 or even season 10 up until this point. But not coming back for the finale? Sorry, THAT is out of line considering how crucial his character is to the mythos. Ultimately, nobody gives two shits that Schneider, Mack, O'Toole or Glover came back. Yeah, nice to have 'em but they were never essential. Rosenbaum? He is. Sure, his storyline can be wrapped with clones and whatnot... but come the fuck on, is that what ANYbody really wants?

I hate to get all whiny here but if Rosenbaum doesn't come back, I'll make it a point not to support him in anything else he ever does. Sorry but this is crossing a line.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  BHoward Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Colors, I agree totally. Fuck Rosenbaum if he doesn't come back for at least a scene. Ultimately, he doesn't owe anyone anything, but for someone who's success depends on the fans, word of mouth, publicity, he sure gave a big fuck you to the folks who have supported him the longest and have indulged him in his endeavors because of this show.

BHoward
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:16 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Ugh! The fact that SWright agrees with me makes me doubt my own opinion. But he's right.....

Yeah, have to agree.

Luckily it looks like I'll be able to express my "displeasure" to Rosenbaum in person very soon.

If he thinks he can tour the world shilling his fuckin autograph solely off the back of Smallville......I'm guessing he's under the misapprehension that down here we've just started season 8 on free to air TV, and his departure may seem more "recent" in the mind of Aussies......Boy, in these days of the interwebby thing, is he in for a shock.

Call security because I have a feeling they may need to escort me from the convention. After I've met Supergirl, of course.

Nevermind Superman Mr. Luthor. Father Finian is now on your case. He's not as "nice" as the guy in blue. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by Father Finian on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : More anger added)

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:54 pm

Michael Rosenbaum wrote:"I'm doing it for the fans."

URL- http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/smallville-michael-rosenbaum-back-for-series-finale

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:14 am

Just read the news, great he is back. So happy he signed deal. Can't wait to see how he is back in show.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  BHoward Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:21 am

Well I take it back. This is great for him to do this for all the folks who have supported him for all these years.

BHoward
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:33 am

I am happy I never gave up hope.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:38 am

Good to hear he wised-up. I kind of figured he'd be back.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Michael Rosenbaum For The Smallville Finale!! - Page 2 Empty RE:No Michael Rosenbaum For The Smallville Finale?!

Post  non_amos Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:28 am

I just found this out by coming back here & reading the link. Do you suppose he heard the fan uproar & then, in the interest of his future career, re-evaluated his earlier decision? Good PR in other words. I just hope they do away with the clone angle & that it turns out that Lex anticipated Ollie's move & therefore it turns out to be one of the clones that got blew to Kingdom Come. I mean, as intelligent as Lex is supposed to be, that way he met his demise some time ago was rather idiotic, like 'America's Dumbest Criminals' or something. I hope that the real Lex was actually behind the scenes somewhere, remotely observing. The entire 'clone' thing could be presented as a ruse to throw Clark & company off until his real return, because think about it. The clone is sick & aging rapidly. I don't understand why the needle bent that Tess tried to poke him with, unless they're gonna make him super like Clark, but since he's actually dying, maybe that whole thing is playing into the real Luthor's hands?

Maybe the real Lex escaped the Fortress at the end of Season 7 due to Kryptonian tech or something? Maybe since then he hatched his whole 'clones' plot, watched 'himself get murdered, & has since just been biding his time until he reveals himself to the world again. However, unlike LIONEL , we could have the real Lex. It'll also be interesting to see how Lex interacts with 'alt-Lionel'. I know, I know, since Smallville is notorious for changing and/or altering the canon, TPTB may actually have Rosenbaum as the adult clone, but I really wish it would be the real Lex. SMALLVILLE PRODUCERS, are you TROLLING message boards to gauge fan reaction to this news? IF so, please hear me out. Bring back the REAL LEX LUTHOR in this finale. Find an explanation that fits like I suggested. No clones allowed!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:58 am

He obviously just read my last post....

Seriously, that's great news.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:25 am

I think personally deal was in place or was getting hammered out. And they leaked the not returning story as a cover in the event deal did fall through. But then deal probably was hammered out/after all the flak online with not returning story they probably decided to let the cat out of the bag.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next