Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reboot inspired by "Secret Origins"?

+2
webhead2006
Comicbookfan-V2
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Reboot inspired by "Secret Origins"? - Page 2 Empty Re: Reboot inspired by "Secret Origins"?

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:22 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Embedding disabled.
Grr. I'll find some other version then and post it later but it's basically Clark vs. Bizarro from the season 7 premiere. Good stuff.

But I like how in this clip, it's like they once again decided to piss all over SIngerman. No powers and he STILL kicks ass? No whining and crying out "I'm still...Singerman!....Singer...maaaan!!"? Who'dathunkit??
I'm not prepared to say that the SV folks have intentionally taken shots at Singerman... but you look at certain moments, esp from season 9, and... I dunno, you sort of have to wonder. Take that video you just posted. Clark falls off the building in the crucifixion pose. Just like in Singerman. But in SV, Clark really did earn it. He'd saved the entire world from annihilation (A) from a genuine threat (B) from a genuine threat that made sense and (C) in so doing, he was sacrificing his own life (as far as he knew). Love or hate the Christ metaphor, but it sorta plays there. Arguably, at least. And the entire sequence of Clark sacrificing himself seemed kind of pointed.

But in the movie? Singerman heaved a big friggin rock into space (only after getting kicked around for a while). As near as I can tell, he put out a fire, he caught a dude who fell off a crane and then he caught the Planet globe. I guess he saved some lives but surely NOBODY would argue that Singerman was saving the entire world with that stuff. I freely admit, maybe I'm missing something here but I don't see where the "disaster" Singerman prevented amounted to much more than some severe local property damage.

Or another moment was in some season 9 episode (maybe the very one your clip came from) where someone said "c'mon Clark, you can't leave without saying goodbye to Lois!" That seemed pointed too.

It just makes you wonder.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Reboot inspired by "Secret Origins"? - Page 2 Empty Re: Reboot inspired by "Secret Origins"?

Post  Father Finian Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:34 pm

My fave was in that animated "Doomsday" movie.

"What about the Superman who "returned"?

Lois: He was a phony.

The animation department aren't adverse to dropping a few pops at the big screen franchises. And good on 'em. The "Legends Of The Dark Knight" Batman episode still takes the cake. Schumacher is made to look clueless.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:51 pm

non_amos wrote:HAVE SUPERMAN STOP A TRAIN WITH HIS BARE HANDS! .....NOW!

It is an old fave, that one.

I do remember when "Spiderman2" was released and he did the train stopping in the finale. One critic said he thought that stunt was a bit much for Spidey and that train stopping should remain a specialty of Superman's!

That's half the bloody problem though, like "Hancock" everyone keeps stealing Superman's best feats!

One thing about this "Secret Origins" though (you guys know the comic books better than me), to me it sounds similar storytelling to "Unbreakable" in finding out that someone is "super powered"?? I'm not worrying, but I'm not sure we'd be best served by another version of everyone being made to wait too long until Clark Kent realises he's Superman again.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2