Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Doctor Doom" Is An Anti-Social Nerd In 'Foxtastic Faux'?

4 posters

Go down

"Doctor Doom" Is An Anti-Social Nerd In 'Foxtastic Faux'? Empty "Doctor Doom" Is An Anti-Social Nerd In 'Foxtastic Faux'?

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:05 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=110856

Kebell On Doom's New Origin:

He’s Victor Domashev, not Victor Von Doom in our story. And I’m sure I’ll be sent to jail for telling you that. The Doom in ours—I’m a programmer. Very anti-social programmer. And on blogging sites I’m “Doom”.

On Doom's Voice:

I’m excited to see it too, and my nerves really…The only thing I can tease you about is what I worked on most was the voice because nobody—even in the cartoons, when I was watching them I was like, “So where’s he from?”  There’s a mild change and I’ll tell you because of our history.

On The Tone:

Yeah, it was cool man.  Josh, the whole deal, the lo-fi way he did it, the ultra-real.  It was just nice to do that.  It was nice to be feeling like we had to come to terms with what was given by this incident.

Does anybody, ANYBODY, need more reason NOT to see this shit? I mean, seriously?

"Doctor Doom" Is An Anti-Social Nerd In 'Foxtastic Faux'? Ob_4cc2d4_dr-doom-doctor-muerte-primera-imagen-s
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

"Doctor Doom" Is An Anti-Social Nerd In 'Foxtastic Faux'? Empty Re: "Doctor Doom" Is An Anti-Social Nerd In 'Foxtastic Faux'?

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:18 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Does anybody, ANYBODY, need more reason NOT to see this shit? I mean, seriously?
I tuned out of this a long time ago. So another reason to not see it is just a snowflake in a blizzard at this point. That having been said though...

Apologist Puncher wrote:"Doctor Doom" Is An Anti-Social Nerd In 'Foxtastic Faux'? Ob_4cc2d4_dr-doom-doctor-muerte-primera-imagen-s
... I DO see a very slight amount of disco potential in the concept of a Work In Progress supervillain like they seem to be going for here. Now, Dr. Doom is basically the gold standard of a character you DON'T do that with. So I call bullshit there. Dr. Doom is the guy who believes his own bullshit and backs it up. You do something like this with less of a cult of personality villain. So a cool concept is totally misapplied. Shocker, I know, but there it is.

But I do like the idea of a supervillain building his way up to maximum badassitude. It just shouldn't be Dr. Doom. So no, I don't need another reason not to see this movie. This isn't even "wait for Blu-Ray" fodder. I just won't see it. Period.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

"Doctor Doom" Is An Anti-Social Nerd In 'Foxtastic Faux'? Empty Re: "Doctor Doom" Is An Anti-Social Nerd In 'Foxtastic Faux'?

Post  non_amos Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:46 am

When fans are now saying that Michael B. Jordan's casting is the best part of this film then Houston, we've got a problem! Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:48 pm

So, did anyone see this piece of shit? I didn't even bother to rent it with my toe....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:34 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:So, did anyone see this piece of shit? I didn't even bother to rent it with my toe....
When I said...
thecolorsblend wrote:This isn't even "wait for Blu-Ray" fodder. I just won't see it. Period.
I wasn't kidding! I meant it. I have no interest in seeing this movie. I've heard from people who have seen it that it isn't so terrible. I'll take their word for it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:16 am

I've seen this. It's amazingly awful. I get what Trank was going for, and in moments the Cronenberg vibe is effective, but so much of this is a miscalculation and the reshot ending is so tacked on and the movie suddenly turns into a completely different kind of movie that I kind of laughed.

The hate directed at BVS is overdone and exaggerated, but it was very well justified here. Four of these live action films in a span of 20 years and none of them are any good. The problem isn't just Fox, it's also the production company Constintin Films, which has been behind all four of these film all along. They're the ones that actually hold the rights to the property. Many fanboys deny this and think it's only Fox that needs to be dealt with, but that's all misdirection. Just remember, it's these fuckers: http://www.constantin-film.de/ You want Fantastic Four back with Marvel, spread the word on these guys.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down