Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary Oldman- "[Gordon] was work"

3 posters

Go down

Gary Oldman- "[Gordon] was work" Empty Gary Oldman- "[Gordon] was work"

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:39 pm

Playboy wrote:PLAYBOY: When you look back at your credits, what makes you say, "I could have done better"?

OLDMAN: Most of it.

PLAYBOY: Really? You don’t like Sid & Nancy?

OLDMAN: I don’t like myself in the movie, no. Frankly, I didn’t want to make it in the first place. I was talked into it at the time. And now, if I flip through the channels and come upon it, it’s "Fuck! Sid & Nancy," and off it goes. I don’t think I played Sid Vicious very well. I don’t like the way I look in Prick Up Your Ears. I wasn’t the right person to play Beethoven and turned it down half a dozen times.

PLAYBOY: The Dark Knight? Harry Potter?

OLDMAN: It was work.

URL- http://www.playboy.com/playground/view/gary-oldman-playboy-interview
Yes, I realize this interview's been overshadowed for other things Oldman said therein but this... I mean, imagine how many Nolanites shit their pants over that.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Gary Oldman- "[Gordon] was work" Empty Re: Gary Oldman- "[Gordon] was work"

Post  non_amos Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:36 pm

Jeepers Creepers! So duh Oldman, who played 'the definitive Commissioner Gordon', simply..........phoned it in?!

Like that Mastercard commercial says:

PRICELESS!

Duh Nolanites no doubt messed up their pants on both ends LOL.  lol!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:15 am

I just can't shake all the times I read Nolanites say "Oldman really DOVE into the role, he's a chameleon ACTOR and this was obviously the role of a lifetime and you can tell by how much blood, sweat, tears and more blood went into his bravura performance" and other ass-kissery. Fiction. Completely horse shit. And the news that it came out of the horse's ass came out of the horse's mouth.

Between that and today's miscellaneous Supreme Court decisions, I'm enjoying a lot of people having meltdowns. Schadenfreude.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:05 pm

Oldman gave a better performance in 'Fifth Element' than ANY of the Nolan Bat-films. Is that because he sucks? No. He just didn't have to DO much with the character.

Seriously, did his Gordon change much after 'Begins', besides his job title?

Oh, and as for his "racist" comments, I find it a bit funny, and a WHOLE LOT infuriating, that today the truth is "racist". "sexist". "homophobic". Does ANYONE in their right mind actually "think" that the vast majority of high-level HollyWeird executives aren't Jewish??
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down