Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Work Still Moving Ahead On THE FLASH?

4 posters

Go down

Work Still Moving Ahead On THE FLASH? Empty Work Still Moving Ahead On THE FLASH?

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:49 pm

Surprised no one posted this:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=57090

"I think Warner Bros. is finalizing their strategy of how they want to roll out their DC superheroes and obviously they've got Batman in an incredibly great place and Green Lantern, I think, performed okay. I think they probably would have liked it to have done better, but yeah, there is still a whole lot of excitement for the DC universe and I know The Flash is very high on the list."

"It's like anything though," he added. "It has to come together with the right cast. It has to come together with the right director and sort of the right moment and so they're trying to push the rock up the hill...hopefully there will be some news soon, but right now I can't really say anything else. As for his take on the movie, he confirmed that the Flash would have been Barry Allen but, "For fans of Wally [West], there were some things in that script that would make them happy also."

Somebody's towing that company line....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Work Still Moving Ahead On THE FLASH? Empty Re: Work Still Moving Ahead On THE FLASH?

Post  webhead2006 Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:24 am

Sucks that is the case. Still wish gl turned out better. Ie was dc ironman. So that probably would have ggiven wb the kick in butt to move on with dc guys. As for flash. I still like to see him make it on big screen some day.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Work Still Moving Ahead On THE FLASH? Empty Re: Work Still Moving Ahead On THE FLASH?

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:36 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Surprised no one posted this:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=57090

"I think Warner Bros. is finalizing their strategy of how they want to roll out their DC superheroes and obviously they've got Batman in an incredibly great place and Green Lantern, I think, performed okay. I think they probably would have liked it to have done better, but yeah, there is still a whole lot of excitement for the DC universe and I know The Flash is very high on the list."

"It's like anything though," he added. "It has to come together with the right cast. It has to come together with the right director and sort of the right moment and so they're trying to push the rock up the hill...hopefully there will be some news soon, but right now I can't really say anything else. As for his take on the movie, he confirmed that the Flash would have been Barry Allen but, "For fans of Wally [West], there were some things in that script that would make them happy also."

Somebody's towing that company line....
I'd expect nothing less. But a movie like the Flash? If ever there was an opportunity for a light, fun superhero film, this is it. You need a director who can bring that across. In other words, Chris Nolan probably can't help you too much on this one.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:47 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I'd expect nothing less. But a movie like the Flash? If ever there was an opportunity for a light, fun superhero film, this is it. You need a director who can bring that across. In other words, Chris Nolan probably can't help you too much on this one.

Honestly, I don't really think a Flash film would do that well.

Especially with how they "think" at the Bros. Warner.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:23 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:I'd expect nothing less. But a movie like the Flash? If ever there was an opportunity for a light, fun superhero film, this is it. You need a director who can bring that across. In other words, Chris Nolan probably can't help you too much on this one.

Honestly, I don't really think a Flash film would do that well.

Especially with how they "think" at the Bros. Warner.

But if Flash were at Marvel it would work. Nolan strikes again!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:26 pm

Totally marvel would do it right. But from what I know of flash he isn't that hard of a chaaracter. So it blows the yahoos over at wb don't know what to do.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:45 pm

non_amos wrote:But if Flash were at Marvel it would work. Nolan strikes again!

The problem is, the Bros. Warner don't hire directors that respect both the characters OR their fans. They get guys who want to make THEIR versions of the characters, without really understanding them.

So you get 'Catwoman", Singerman and 'Green Lantern'.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:39 am

I sometimes wonder how many times WB needs to lose money on a superhero adaptation before they get the message. Once their losses cross the $300 million threshold, you'd think some bean counter would say "gee, maybe we're not doing this right".
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:46 am

Yeah & what's so dumbfounding about this is that they're not ignorant as to what's going on at Marvel. I mean, seriously, how many times do these guys have to 'go to the well' before they get the message, that their way ain't working? I mean, it's not rocket science folks! Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:35 am

It makes you wonder if Watchmen had been a bigger success, we'd have more of a leg to stand on. Ignoring the facts that Watchmen was (A) esoteric subject matter even by comic book standards (B) esoteric subject matter in terms of requiring the viewer to have a working knowledge and understanding of 20th century history with an emphasis on the Cold War in order to understand how Watchmen intentionally deviates from it in setting up an alternate history (C) it had a naked blue dude running around and (D) it wasn't given a tentpole release window, it still didn't make money. By and large, I consider it to be pretty faithful overall to the source. But it didn't exactly knock 'em dead at the box office (to say the least). If it had, I wonder if we'd be dealing with a different reality at WB.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:17 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:It makes you wonder if Watchmen had been a bigger success, we'd have more of a leg to stand on. Ignoring the facts that Watchmen was (A) esoteric subject matter even by comic book standards (B) esoteric subject matter in terms of requiring the viewer to have a working knowledge and understanding of 20th century history with an emphasis on the Cold War in order to understand how Watchmen intentionally deviates from it in setting up an alternate history (C) it had a naked blue dude running around and (D) it wasn't given a tentpole release window, it still didn't make money. By and large, I consider it to be pretty faithful overall to the source. But it didn't exactly knock 'em dead at the box office (to say the least). If it had, I wonder if we'd be dealing with a different reality at WB.

I'm going to post my response to the 'Watchmen' discussion in the other section.

But as to WB being "blind", I think they feel their "history" makes following what the recent Marvel Studios is doing "beneath" them.

Despite what the box-office is telling them.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down