Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marc Guggenheim Talks The Flash Film

2 posters

Go down

Marc Guggenheim Talks The Flash Film Empty Marc Guggenheim Talks The Flash Film

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:31 pm

Someone asked about why there was no "Flash" feature film, and then this comes about:

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/more-info-on-the-flash-from-guggenheim-11549

We are working on The Flash movie now and typing away..We are being true to whole Barry Allen science police, [back then] that's what foresic exanimers were, we are being true to those origins and updating them for the 21st century and I feel like, in many ways, the movie, it's three movies in one, it's part thriller, that forensic, cool, se7en, Silence of the Lambs then part superhero movie and part sports movie because there is an athleticism to this character that other superheroes don't have so that's fun to play with and you get to see how all three of those elements form each other and make the whole movie even better.

We're focusing on a lot of different eras. But I think a lot of Geoff Johns stuff, and Marc Wade, with the philosophy of speed is an influence. And we have also tried to take from the old Silver age Barry Allen stories.

What do you think?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Marc Guggenheim Talks The Flash Film Empty Re: Marc Guggenheim Talks The Flash Film

Post  Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:40 pm

I think...

01- Geoff Johns should be tarred, feathered and run the fuck out of town.
02- Barry should be bypassed entirely, with the movie focusing on Wally dealing with Barry's legacy.
03- Short of #1 and #2, the film should play up the fun and lighthearted type of stories you can do with the Flash instead of trying to be yet another dark superhero movie.

I'm not holding my breath for any of the above though.

Last edited by thec0l0rsblend on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Marc Guggenheim Talks The Flash Film Empty Re: Marc Guggenheim Talks The Flash Film

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:13 pm

Sounds to me like they are trying a little too hard to make the Flash seem "cool".

Just write a good script.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 am

I don't see what's wrong with what marc said. Also I have no hatred personally to johns either. As for barry personally I think its best to start at the begining so you can create barry legacy and lead into the other flashs. If you skip over them or merge characters like the tv show did or the 90s cartoons it would suck. Each flash has wonderful traits and we should see each be done. I have hopes the flash will happen and turn out good.

Last edited by webhead2006 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:07 pm

webhead2006 wrote:I don't see what's wrong ith what marc said.

You do this a lot, and it can be very annoying.

YOU don't see what's wrong with it? Fine. Don't tell us like there is something wrong with what we said. Give your opinion on the post, not our replies.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:31 pm

Sorry Ap i was just saying what marc said about the character isnt that bad. Sure i dont know much on most of the flash characters. But the whole csi stuff is a cool way and a different approach to a comicbook movie and all that. Also i hope they do get a solid script that honnors the character right. Same with director i am curious to see who will ultimately get director gig. I still think barry is an interesting character to go with. As for villains i dont know much on them, but there is a few i would like to see, like gorrila g, zoom, trickester, captain cold, and mirror master. Though i think mirror master and cold would be solid ones to start out with. As for wally i do hope he will be a key supporting character. So he is developed over like 1-2 films. So then in second film or third barry is killed and we lead into wally as flash.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down