Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Daredevil' News

3 posters

Go down

'Daredevil' News Empty 'Daredevil' News

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:55 pm

Feel free to post updates, pictures, anything relating.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

'Daredevil' News Empty Re: 'Daredevil' News

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:59 pm

This is the one I'm really looking forward to. I don't doubt that the others will be great too but Daredevil's my guy, you know?

I do like how Marvel seems to be gearing up for a New Avengers type thing (not related to the regular Avengers; this is a team of second stringers). That's another potential franchise on their hands if they handle it right.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:07 am

thecolorsblend wrote:This is the one I'm really looking forward to. I don't doubt that the others will be great too but Daredevil's my guy, you know?

I do like how Marvel seems to be gearing up for a New Avengers type thing (not related to the regular Avengers; this is a team of second stringers). That's another potential franchise on their hands if they handle it right.

Actually, you're pretty close.

They are going to do the four series', 13 episodes each, then a 4 hour 'The Defenders' mini-series. So they were first in a shared comic book film universe, and it looks like they'll be the first on the small screen too. I don't count the 'Arrow' / 'Flash' shows, because one is a spin-off of the other, and spin-off's have existed since the 70's.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:00 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Actually, you're pretty close.

They are going to do the four series', 13 episodes each, then a 4 hour 'The Defenders' mini-series. So they were first in a shared comic book film universe, and it looks like they'll be the first on the small screen too. I don't count the 'Arrow' / 'Flash' shows, because one is a spin-off of the other, and spin-off's have existed since the 70's.
Guess it makes sense to call them the Defenders. You can't call them the New Avengers because the civilians all have ideas of what "Avengers" means. Besides, they're already fairly similar to the Defenders anyway with their lineup. So it makes sense.

I just like calling them the New Avengers more than the Defenders.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:57 pm

'Daredevil' to be connected to MCU:

http://screencrush.com/netflix-daredevil-marvel-defenders-joe-quesada-noir/

Marvel’s Netflix ‘Daredevil’ Series Will Take Place in the Same Cinematic Universe as ‘The Avengers’
by Kevin Fitzpatrick April 28, 2014 3:14 PM

We’ve heard precious little since Marvel’s announcement of an epic Netflix ‘Defenders‘ package to begin with ‘Daredevil‘ in 2015, along with the decision that all five series would shoot in New York, but with casting in limbo, at least some news have emerged. What does Marvel honcho Joe Quesada have to say of the “street-level noir” approach to the series and possible inter-connectivity to the films?

We’d expect Marvel’s ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘ proved an effective trial run for how to manage an ongoing series against the larger films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, while Quesada opened up over a recent Kevin Smith podcast to explain the relation of the ‘Defenders’ series to the continuity at large:

There will be some interconnectivity, much like the movies. They will exist within the cinematic universe again, so this is all the same world as S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Avengers…Although these are superhero stories, this is different now. This is the street level…this is the street-level noir side of the Marvel Universe. Something that you haven’t really, really seen in any of our Marvel movies. And probably more ground level, than I think you’ve seen. This is not like us doing Batman, Dark Knight or any of that stuff. This is very Marvel doing street-level superheroes.

The scripts are coming in. They are pretty fantastic. They’re really emotional. They’re very, very original. But at the same time, it is Daredevil. It is Matt Murdock. We will eventually, hopefully start casting really, really soon, but I’m very, very excited about it…We’re shooting in New York. That’s the fantastic thing about it is that we’re shooting at home. We’re shooting where these characters belong.

So far, we know that each series will shoot 13 episodes, culminating in an eight-episode team-up with ‘The Defenders’ miniseries and bringing the total to 60 episodes (to start). Thus far confirmed is that ‘The Cabin in the Woods‘ director Drew Goddard will helm ‘Daredevil,’ while Melissa Rosenberg remains attached to ‘Jessica Jones,’ leaving ‘Iron Fist’ and ‘Luke Cage’ without any major names confirmed, for the moment.

Casting for ‘Daredevil’ is expected to emerge any day, but what do you think? Does it sound like Marvel has the right ideas in mind for its Hell’s Kitchen heroes?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:44 pm

Okay, am I missing something here? I'd assumed that the Netflix shows were going to be part of the MCU from the start. Did TPTB at Screen Crush think this was breaking news or something?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:16 am

thecolorsblend wrote:...

Okay, am I missing something here? I'd assumed that the Netflix shows were going to be part of the MCU from the start. Did TPTB at Screen Crush think this was breaking news or something?

That's just it. It was an assumption. This was officially confirmed.

That's all.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:20 am

Well. Okay then. In other news, the sun is expected to rise in the east tomorrow morning...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:21 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Well. Okay then. In other news, the sun is expected to rise in the east tomorrow morning...

Thanks for the confirmation.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 26, 2014 10:35 pm

Drew Goddard out, Steven S. DeKnight in:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=100698

UPDATE: Drew Goddard Departs DAREDEVIL; Steven DeKnight Named New Showrunner

Yet another Latino-Review scoop confirmed! It has been revealed now that Drew Goddard will leave Daredevil in order to work on The Amazing Spider-Man spin-off, Sinister Six. However, he will still consult on Daredevil, and a new showrunner has already been found!
By Josh Wilding - 5/24/2014

Edgar Wright parted ways with Marvel Studios yesterday, and now following reports that Drew Goddard had left Daredevil, The Hollywood Reporter confirms that a new showrunner has been found for the Netflix series. That will be Buffy the Vampire Slayer alum Steve S. DeKnight, and he is currently in late stage negotiations to take over. However, before you go thinking that Marvel and Disney are upsetting everyone and anyone connected to them, the reason that Goddard has left is simply to work on Sinister Six for Sony Pictures. He will remain a consultant on the drama. DeKnight served as showrunner on three seasons of Spartacus, and worked with Goddard on Joss Whedon's Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, as well as Whedon's Dollhouse and The CW's Smallville.

UPDATE: Marvel is proud to announce that acclaimed writer, director and producer Steven S. DeKnight ("Spartacus," "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer," "Angel") has joined "Marvel's Daredevil" as Executive Producer & Showrunner on the all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015. Drew Goddard, who also wrote the first two episodes, will continue to serve as Executive Producer on "Marvel"s Daredevil" as he writes and preps Sony's "The Amazing Spider-Man" spin-off film, "The Sinister Six."
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon May 26, 2014 11:17 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Drew Goddard out, Steven S. DeKnight in:
Oh my. How terrible. One talented showrunner is out and he's replaced by a probably equally talented former-Buffy writer, former Angel-writer, former-Smallville writer, former-Smallville co-producer and self-professed fan-now-turned-showrunner.

Seriously though, it sucks when a showrunner leaves a project but somehow I think Daredevil's in good hands... possibly better than where he started, actually. DeKnight as Daredevil showrunner? Yeah, needless to say I can live with that.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon May 26, 2014 11:20 pm

I pretty much have the same opinion of this like I posted in the Edgar Wright post. More Marvel Studios playing hardball?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:28 pm

Motion poster and release date

thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend