Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daredevil's new ongoing

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Daredevil's new ongoing Empty Daredevil's new ongoing

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:28 pm

I luvz me some Daredevil. I think I've been pretty open about that too. Daredevil? He's my boy.

I also dig on Mark Waid. Hell, I've practically gotten down on my knees fellated the guy on various forums and whatnot. As I've said before, if you don't like Mark Waid, you don't like comics. That's pretty much all there is to it.

And now this...

Mark Waid by way of Newsarama wrote:Newsarama caught up with Waid via email, to talk about the tone of the series (less bleak than what's been seen recently, but not, in Waid's words "happyshinyretrobright"), working with Rivera and Martin, what unexpected villains may be in the mix, the role Foggy Nelson will play in the new Daredevil series and the havoc that Matt's vigilante behavior has wreaked on their legal practice.

Newsarama: Mark, my first question is almost kind of a personal request. Since "Guardian Devil" back in 1998, Daredevil has been on an unmatched hot streak of some incredible stories — which almost all involved progressively more and more terrible things happening to the guy. Tone-wise, the book's been in an unrelentingly dark place for well over a decade now. With you taking over, and with Daredevil coming out of the Shadowland experience — which was probably about as dark as he can go — and going through what's happening in Daredevil Reborn right now, can readers maybe expect to see things get a little less bleak for the guy in this new series?

Mark Waid: You're right. Shadowland was about as dark as Matt could go, and while Daredevil will not be a happyshinyretrobright series by a long shot, we are gonna tweak the tone a bit and have Matt play a little more firmly in the Marvel Universe proper. A little more humor (people tend to forget that Matt's actually a clever wit), still plenty of danger and menace, still at heart a crime book...but we plan to deliver a Marvel comic that, you know, despite its excellence, won't drive you to drink.

URL- http://www.newsarama.com/comics/c2e2-daredevil-mark-waid-110320.html

MARK WAID!!! Is writing freakin DAREDEVIL?!!?!?!? Dude, I am SO there!

EDIT- I should add that this sort of owes back to my growing interest in the Marvel universe. I've not followed every single event that's come down the pipeline but Civil War and Shadowland, for my money, were both better than anything DC was producing at the time. Right now, Marvel seems to have a much keener insight (A) into how to pull off such events and (B) what makes their characters tick. Not saying Marvel is utterly sinless (Brand New Day, I'm looking pretty much right at you) but IN GENERAL their hearts are in the right place and all they're really guilty of is wanting to tell cool stories.

DC? They only want to turn the clock back on EVERYTHING. There's a reason the only DC books I follow anymore are the Legion titles.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Daredevil's new ongoing Empty Re: Daredevil's new ongoing

Post  lib Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:25 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I luvz me some Daredevil. I think I've been pretty open about that too. Daredevil? He's my boy.

I also dig on Mark Waid. Hell, I've practically gotten down on my knees fellated the guy on various forums and whatnot. As I've said before, if you don't like Mark Waid, you don't like comics. That's pretty much all there is to it.

And now this...

ha ha ha ha.... and you get on Bryan Singer for being gay.... (just kidding colors)
lib
lib
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:42 pm

Ha, well, the difference here is that Mark Waid is actually TALENTED. And that counts for a lot, you know?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:43 pm

lib wrote:ha ha ha ha.... and you get on Bryan Singer for being gay.... (just kidding colors)

Ah, but that's the thing. No one gets "on" Singer for being gay. It's when he FORCES his "lifestyle" into EVERYTHING he does that people take issue.

And I know, you were joking. I just wanted to point this out to all the Apologist assholes who want to think people didn't like Singerman because they were "homophobic". I hate those assclowns.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
lib wrote:ha ha ha ha.... and you get on Bryan Singer for being gay.... (just kidding colors)

Ah, but that's the thing. No one gets "on" Singer for being gay. It's when he FORCES his "lifestyle" into EVERYTHING he does that people take issue.

And I know, you were joking. I just wanted to point this out to all the Apologist assholes who want to think people didn't like Singerman because they were "homophobic". I hate those assclowns.
Shut up. See? It all goes back to PC thinking. Shut up. But Andrew Klavan really summarized all of it best.

Shut up. Anytime someone infected with PC thinking sees something they don't like, "racist", "homophobic", whatever, all just different ways of saying... shut up.

Tim Burton's isolation and loneliness as a child is fair game when reviewing his films. Peter Jackson's fixation with horror films and gore effects is likewise a factor in most films he makes. But somehow, Singer's lifestyle -- and the subculture thereof -- is COMPLETELY off-limits when it comes to his films. "Why should it matter? Only the FILM counts, it rises and falls on its own merits, THAT is all that should count."

Or, y'know, shut up.

But we DON'T shut up around here; that's why we're REALISTS.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:59 pm

For the PC Police, Freedom of Speech is for everyone......

Who agrees with them.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 16, 2011 3:01 pm

Hey colors saw this and thought you enjoy it if you havent seen it already:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32338
Waid, Rivera & Martin Give the "Daredevil" His Due
by Dave Richards, Staff Writer |
CBR HomepageCBR News
Category: Comic Books | 41 Comments | Print Article

Posted: 5 hours ago

Mark Waid & Paolo Rivera talk the new "Daredevil" while sharing exclusive art from Rivera and series co-artist Marcos Martin
Part of being a hero means overcoming adversity. In 1964's, writer Stan Lee and artist Bill Everett introduced Marvel Comics fans to a hero who did exactly that, even moreso than most. The titular character of "Daredevil," a young Matt Murdock, was robbed of his sight as a boy when he was blinded by a mysterious, radioactive substance. The same accident also heightened Murdock's other remaining senses to superhuman levels, with his body developing a form of "radar" sense. Training and Murdock's innate sense of justice allowed him to master his new heightened senses and become a champion of the people of New York City's Hell's Kitchen neighborhood. As a lawyer Murdock battled injustice in the court room, and as the costumed vigilante Daredevil he hit the streets to directly tackle the worlds of street crime and super villainy.

Over the last several decades, Murdock's life has been a tumultuous roller coaster, culminating in a particularly wild ride in recent years. First, his secret identity was leaked to the public, then his wife was driven insane by the villainous Mister Fear. His grief over that incident allowed him to be corrupted by the ninja assassin cult known as the Hand, leading him to murder his arch-enemy, the psychopathic assassin known as Bullseye. During the "Shadowland" event, several other New York based heroes freed Daredevil from the Hand's thrall, but Murdock's shame and horror over what he did caused him to flee New York.

In the recently concluded "Daredevil: Reborn" miniseries, writer Andy Diggle and artist Davide Gianfelice had Murdock deal with the emotional fall out from "Shadowland" and ultimately return to New York. This July, writer Mark Waid and artists Paolo River and Marcos Martin will begin Murdock's quest to reestablish himself as one of the Big Apple's chief crime fighters with the launch of an all new "Daredevil" ongoing series. CBR News spoke with Waid and Rivera about the book and some of the pages from "Daredevil" #1 Marvel provided us with exclusively.

CBR News: Mark, Paolo and Marcos are both visually stunning artists who each have their own unique styles. What can readers expect from them as they alternate on "Daredevil?"

Mark Waid: They're alike in that they're both masters of storytelling and page design. Both Paolo and Marcos are very smart guys who will eventually wise up and write their own stories -- but I'll keep them chained down until then. Marcos is a little more experimental with page layout, which is exciting; Paolo is very, very good at thinking every moment through and choreographing the scenes in the most dynamic way. They're both gifts from God as far as I'm concerned.

Paolo, what's it like working with Mark? Which elements of his scripts do you find most appealing as an artist?

Paolo Rivera: Working with Waid is a dream come true. His "Kingdom Come" was one of the first books that got me into actually reading comics, as opposed to just looking at the art. As for the scripts, his strength lies in character-building, seamlessly threaded through engaging action. I've always liked Daredevil, but I never had a real sense of his personality. Within the first couple pages of this issue, I knew exactly who he was. He cracks jokes, but his sense of humor is much drier than, say, Spidey's. And his intelligence, especially as a litigator, bubbles just below the surface.

But we knew Mark was a great writer. For me, a large part of the excitement is being on the ground level with the project, something that is a first for me. Usually, I receive a script and take it to my cave to give it form. In this case, Mark (from his cave, presumably) has made himself available for discussion and is open to suggestions, whether it's the addition of a panel, or an idea for a new billy club.

As if that weren't enough, his experience as an editor dictates his professionalism. As the writer, he knows he has a responsibility not just to Marvel, but to every man down the assembly line. Sometimes that means getting us pages to work on before the whole script is done, something that is much appreciated in a business ruled by deadlines.

You mention getting to know Daredevil right away in the first few pages of Mark's script for the first issue. How does it feel to be drawing the character? And which of his physical and emotional qualities do you want to emphasize in your depictions of him?

Rivera: This is definitely a dream of mine, and something Steve Wacker has hinted at for some time now. I have to give him a lot of credit for orchestrating a project that is suited to me. I don't have the chops to do a monthly book, but by sharing artistic duties with Marcos Martin (who happens to be one of my favorite artists), I can hope to be part of an ongoing project.

As for Daredevil, his physical qualities lend themselves to dynamic art. I like to think of him as mostly operating at night, when he has a distinct advantage over everyone else. In concert with the playground of New York rooftops, the opportunities for playing with light and shadow are legion. Furthermore, he is one of the greatest gymnasts in the world, so I've been studying the musculature and signature moves of Olympians. I've even been watching white cane walking techniques on YouTube to make sure I get it right.

Also, my Daredevil won't look at you. He doesn't need to. As often as not, he'll be fighting while facing the "wrong" way, something that I think would be fairly disconcerting to an opponent. Vision is such an important part of human life that it dominates every aspect of how we conduct ourselves, from the tilt of a neck to the arrangement of furniture. When I draw either Matt or Daredevil, I want his distinctive "point of view" to be apparent merely from his body language. On one level, Matt's blindness is an act -- an interesting aspect of his personality by itself -- but on another level, he really should conduct himself differently than any other superhero. When I draw Spidey, I do my best to make sure he doesn't touch the ground; with Daredevil, I want him to always look like he's listening.

Mark, some Marcos' preview pages we're looking at today really suggest that you're very interested in exploring Matt's blindness, emphasizing Matt's powers as part of the visual language of the book.

Waid: Absolutely. Not to an unheard-of, fantastic degree -- Matt's good, but he can't hear a bird chirp a block away or read a magazine page with a wave of his hand. But I'm really, really interested in what it's like being in Matt's world, what it's like to feel like you're touching everything around you all at once, or how you teach yourself to remember people by their scents or heartbeats. We've found a few applications of Daredevil's senses that haven't ever really been considered before, and I'm constantly finding more as I think on them.

In some of Paolo's preview pages, Daredevil is going toe-to-toe with the Spot, one of SPider-Man's more offbeat villains. What made you want to pit this character against Matt?

Waid: I wanted a super villain, but not one so powerful that it would be an uneven fight. I was leaning toward the Spot after I'd decided I really wanted that opening to emphasize Daredevil's acrobatic fighting style -- but when I asked myself, "What does Daredevil's radar sense 'see' when it looks at the Spot," I knew I had something.

Paolo, What was it like drawing the DD-Spot fight? Are the Spot's powers hard to bring to life on the page? Or does his ability to reach through holes and attack a character almost anywhere sort of free things up for you and make drawing the character fun?

Rivera: That whole sequence was a great call by Mark. The Spot is a formidable adversary, but Daredevil has a unique advantage: you can't sneak up on him. Beyond that, while those spots look black to us, he can actually "see" where they go. It all adds up to a fun sequence that introduces the uninitiated to Daredevil's singular abilities.

Any final thoughts you guys would like to share about your work on "Daredevil?"

Waid: Matt's my new favorite character to write. He's a good but very flawed man trying to make a difference in the 21st century -- and wait until you see his new career choice in the months to come.

Rivera: I just wanted to thank my Dad, who is inking over my pencils. I could not have accepted this gig without his help, so I am greatly indebted to him (as if I wasn't already). He went from 0 to 60 on this project, never having inked professionally before, to meeting and exceeding my exacting demands. My art is my life and I trust him with both!
Daredevil's new ongoing 1305541591
Daredevil's new ongoing 1305541670
Daredevil's new ongoing 1305541672
Daredevil's new ongoing 1305541481
Daredevil's new ongoing 1305541720
Daredevil's new ongoing 1305541722
Daredevil's new ongoing 1305541734
Daredevil's new ongoing 1305541736
Daredevil's new ongoing 1305541748
Daredevil's new ongoing 1305541750
Daredevil's new ongoing 1305541759
Daredevil's new ongoing 1305541761
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon May 16, 2011 3:10 pm

I've not seen tons of interviews with Waid on this subject. Thanks webhead, good find.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 16, 2011 5:18 pm

No problems colors saw the article and thought you like to see it.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 26, 2011 11:10 pm

Preview up:

WeMakeALotOfShitUp.Com

Daredevil's new ongoing 30110L
Daredevil's new ongoing 30111L
Daredevil's new ongoing 30112L
Daredevil's new ongoing 30113L
Daredevil's new ongoing 30114L
Daredevil's new ongoing 30115L
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri May 27, 2011 12:53 am

Mark Waid. Amazing art. Daredevil.

I mean, shit, what's not to like??
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 27, 2011 1:48 pm

Nice preview scans ap. I might check it out. Once I caught up on last 6 or 7 asm books I got and haven't read yet. Trying to locate one issue I missed two months ago and haven't had any luck yet at areas local shops in my neck of the woods.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri May 27, 2011 2:19 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Nice preview scans ap. I might check it out. Once I caught up on last 6 or 7 asm books I got and haven't read yet. Trying to locate one issue I missed two months ago and haven't had any luck yet at areas local shops in my neck of the woods.
Tell me about it. I missed The Walking Dead #79 and now can't find it (for cheap enough) freaking anywhere. Pisses me right off.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 27, 2011 4:51 pm

Ya it sucks colors. The asm issue I am trying to find came out two months and ahalf ago. And shop I normally go to there first shipment came in damaged. So they had to get a reorder and I wasn't able to go in when they got there reorder in. And now I tried like 5 other shops in area in last few weeks with no luck. I got one more place to chheck. But they are only opened for odd hrs like 1 to 4pm and I don't know for sure there hrs/days. So I just haven't had chance to drive by that place lately due to work. I hope I luck out at that shop. Or I will have to find it online.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:48 pm

More details on dd book:
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/daredevil-mark-waid-live-110624.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Newsaramasite+%28Newsarama.com%29&utm_content=Twitter
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:51 pm

For anyone interested, here's a link to a podcast with Mark Waid talking about his version of Daredevil.

Page URL- http://marvel.com/news/story/15925/download_the_daredevil_1_podcast_with_mark_waid
Direct Download URL- http://marvel.com/files/podcasts/MMP_110_Mark_Waid.mp3

It's a bit old but I only just found it so it's new to me. So hopefully it's new for you too, if you care.

Marvel.com wrote:DAREDEVIL #1
Written by Mark Waid
Pencils by Paolo Rivera and Marcos Martin
Cover by Paolo Rivera
T+ …$3.99
ON SALE July 20, 2011
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:41 pm

Picked up the first issue on Thursday. Absolutely loved it. Waid set up pretty much everything he intends to do in his run and from here on in, it'll be great.

Back before the 15 Minutes With Mark Waid podcast withered on the vine, Waid had an episode where he discussed what the first issue of a new series needs to do. Given that this wasn't Daredevil's first appearance, I think some of those rules are off the table. But even so, it's remarkable how closely he stuck to the basic blueprint in Daredevil #1.

Then there's the art. I seriously dug it. I've only been reading Daredevil for about a year and a half or maybe two years now so I can't claim the same level of familiarity as others but I can safely say that some of the tricks done with the art to depict Murdock's radar in this issue are new TO ME. Great work all around.

Overall, it looks like I'm in for a great ride. I cannot more highly encourage you guys to follow this comic. When it comes to writing, Mark Waid is a man amongst men.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:30 pm

Dd#4 preview and varient covers of issue 1:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JohnathanSmith/news/?a=45162

Daredevil's new ongoing Daredevil_4_Cover
Daredevil's new ongoing Daredevil_4_Preview1
Daredevil's new ongoing Daredevil_4_Preview2
Daredevil's new ongoing Daredevil_4_Preview3
Daredevil's new ongoing Daredevil_4_Preview4
Daredevil's new ongoing Daredevil_4_Preview5
Daredevil's new ongoing Daredevil_1_SecondCover

Last edited by webhead2006 on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:57 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : photos all up now)
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:42 pm

Very cool. I am LOVING the new ongoing book. Mark Waid rocks your socks!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:14 pm

Look at spider-man/punisher teamup in daredevil ongoing title:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=35738
Daredevil's new ongoing 13228516
Daredevil's new ongoing 13228614
Daredevil's new ongoing 13228517
Daredevil's new ongoing 13228518
Daredevil's new ongoing 13228615
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:09 am

Glad to see a new artist is coming onboard. Too lazy to check on the current penciller's name but his basic line style seems like a poor man's combination of Frank Miller and Charlie Adlard... and not in a good way. It just seems overall too stiff. A new penciller can only be a good thing if you ask me... even if it's temporary (which I'm guessing it will be).
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:13 pm

Spider-man/Daredevil teamup part 2 in DD#8:
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/01/exclusive-preview-daredevil-8/
Daredevil's new ongoing Dd201110
Daredevil's new ongoing Dd201111
Daredevil's new ongoing Dd201112
Daredevil's new ongoing Dd201113
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:32 am

Nice rack! Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:35 am

My girl is a fan of Spidey and Black Cat so she's anticipating this issue. Which is good as I'm trying to convert her over to the Daredevil side of the Force.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:49 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=56693
COMICS: Daredevil Is Going Back To Jail This June

If you've been reading Daredevil for the past few years, you'll know that Ed Brubaker's run began with Matt Murdock incarcerated. This June's Daredevil #14 will see 'ol Hornhead back behind bars...in Latveria! Josh Wilding - 3/20/2012

Marvel has revealed their June 2012 solicitation and the details for Daredevil #14 are perhaps the most intriguing of the lot. The critically acclaimed series has been going from strength to strength, but life clearly isn't going to get any easier for the troubled superhero! Despite already having been jailed after his secret identity was revealed back in 2006, it looks as if Matt will once again be in trouble with the law Doctor Doom!

"Megacrime and Punishment" continues! • Daredevil imprisoned in Latveria for crimes against the state – and no amount of lawyering can get him out of there! • Meanwhile, Foggy uncovers more evidence that Matt’s not quite the man he seems.
Daredevil's new ongoing DD2011014COV-col
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: