Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel

+6
BHoward
thecolorsblend
non_amos
webhead2006
GenoPeppino
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 3 Empty Re: Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:16 am

non_amos wrote:Pic with Batman nailing 'Bane' on the chin please? I know it's futile for me to even try to upload it even if I tried. Nevertheless it really conveys just how laughable this is!

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 3 CTllu

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 3 DUMwQ
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 3 Empty Re: Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel

Post  non_amos Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:22 am

Thanks AP! Notice how Batman may as well be fighting off a teenager or something. No, excuse me, I'm sure there's kids bigger than that! You really have to question where Nolan is going with this? Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:23 am

non_amos wrote:Thanks AP! Notice how Batman may as well be fighting off a teenager or something. No, excuse me, I'm sure there's kids bigger than that! You really have to question where Nolan is going with this? Suspect

Notice that in each of the shots, Bale is ALWAYS a step below Hardy?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:31 am

Some are suggesting that this is 'pre-venom' Bane & that later in the film he'll be the 'hulking' monster. Well, unless Nolan is gonna use CGI, then I don't see it happening, unless he's gonna use the camera tricks of days gone by, to either make people appear small or as giants? He could've simply got someone who physically filled the role to begin with. That's half the battle won right there!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:38 am

non_amos wrote:Some are suggesting that this is 'pre-venom' Bane & that later in the film he'll be the 'hulking' monster. Well, unless Nolan is gonna use CGI, then I don't see it happening, unless he's gonna use the camera tricks of days gone by, to either make people appear small or as giants? He could've simply got someone who physically filled the role to begin with. That's half the battle won right there!
That ignores what appears to be visible scarring along Dwarfbane's spine. In the comics, he's got more than just venom going for him. He's also got plates covering vital organs and other things. If the scarring is anything to judge by, it seems (at the very least) that aspect of the procedure has already been done.

I guess there could be incremental steps toward the comic book version of Bane. The guy's history is hardly inviolable, after all. But as it stands, it's difficult to believe that Hardy could ever pose a threat to Bale. I just can't buy that.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:17 pm

Aint It Someone Else's News

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 3 Getty%20Images%20Entertainment

So, Batman is going to "soothe" Little Hardy Boy "Bane"?

"Who's a scary wiw Bane? YOU are!!"

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 3 Getty%20Images%20Entertainment-2
Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 3 Getty%20Images%20Entertainment-1
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:30 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Aint It Someone Else's News

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 3 Getty%20Images%20Entertainment

So, Batman is going to "soothe" Little Hardy Boy "Bane"?

"Who's a scary wiw Bane? YOU are!!"
Not to keep harping on this but Bale is noticeably taller than Hardy in that pic. Gee, put them on a level surface and the differences become even more obvious...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:37 pm

Despite all of this, I am still looking forward to 'The Dark Knight Rises' next summer. I think it will be a good finale to Nolan's trilogy, I just think Little Hardy Boy is going to be the weakest-link.

By a mile or more.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:20 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Despite all of this, I am still looking forward to 'The Dark Knight Rises' next summer. I think it will be a good finale to Nolan's trilogy, I just think Little Hardy Boy is going to be the weakest-link.

By a mile or more.

That raises an interesting point. Whether we agree with Nolan's methods or not, he's not likely to deliver a crap film. It'll probably look as slick & sleek as his 1st 2 installments, as far a visuals & all. The script will no doubt be more solid than we now realize, etc., etc.

However, 'mini-Bane', as he's called over at SHH, will be like the 800-lb. gorilla in the room but, unfortunately, he won't be anywhere near 800 lbs.! My fear here is the 'fanboy backlash'. Nolan is already being criticized for this move & unless he really pulls it off, I expect 'mini-Bane' to be the subject of ridicule. Don't expect Tom Hardy to walk away with an Oscar. This ain't gonna be no Heath Ledger & this film likely won't be the box office smash that TDK was. I expect it to do just more normal business but I still have the concern about what effect 'mini-Bane' may have on the film's overall success.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:30 am

This whole reaction to Mini-"Bane" should be cause enough for Snyder to put out a suit picture before THIS happens.

And not a lame "Over the shoulder/Pitch Black" picture like they did with the first "Bane" pic.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:02 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:This whole reaction to Mini-"Bane" should be cause enough for Snyder to put out a suit picture before THIS happens.

And not a lame "Over the shoulder/Pitch Black" picture like they did with the first "Bane" pic.

Ya know, I have a 'feeling' about this. Henry Cavill was INVISIBLE until Comic Con. Now since then, we've had a number of interviews & he's making his presence more known now. Just like that pic you posted in another thread where Cavill seems to be taller than everyone else & even has the 'S' curl. The point? He's no longer invisible. And I believe that pic was associated with the actual filming of MAN OF STEEL. And since filming has started, it's inevitable that they're gonna have to show the suit, especially before someone leaks it on duh Internets!

My feeling is that it shouldn't be long now. We were reasoning around August anyway. I just hope it's not much longer & let's hope they avoid that garbage like they pulled with THE HULKING 200-LB. BANE!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:28 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:This whole reaction to Mini-"Bane" should be cause enough for Snyder to put out a suit picture before THIS happens.

non_amos wrote:Ya know, I have a 'feeling' about this. Henry Cavill was INVISIBLE until Comic Con. Now since then, we've had a number of interviews & he's making his presence more known now. Just like that pic you posted in another thread where Cavill seems to be taller than everyone else & even has the 'S' curl. The point? He's no longer invisible. And I believe that pic was associated with the actual filming of MAN OF STEEL. And since filming has started, it's inevitable that they're gonna have to show the suit, especially before someone leaks it on duh Internets!

My feeling is that it shouldn't be long now. We were reasoning around August anyway. I just hope it's not much longer & let's hope they avoid that garbage like they pulled with THE HULKING 200-LB. BANE!
Agreed a million times over. It just isn't good business to let the first image of the new Superman outfit come from a spy pic. It'd be a lot better for the studio and production to get out in front of it and release a publicity image where they have control over the angle, the lighting, etc. A leak is inevitable so when the public sees Snyder's version of Superman's outfit for the first time, it may as well be on Snyder's terms instead of somebody else's.

Nolan may not like it... but he's the same motherfucker who released publicity images of the Batman costume from BB pretty early on in the process. There's more riding on Superman now than there was on Batman back then.

As to the issue at hand though, it's been really amazing (and not in a good way) how eager people are to let Nolan off the hook. "Trust Nolan", "in Nolan we trust", "Nolan hasn't let us down so far", blah blah blah.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:28 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:As to the issue at hand though, it's been really amazing (and not in a good way) how eager people are to let Nolan off the hook. "Trust Nolan", "in Nolan we trust", "Nolan hasn't let us down so far", blah blah blah.

It's really NOT amazing when you consider that Nolan has given us two straight "good" Batman films. Whether you agree or not is not an issue, because the General Public has spoken. Critics too.

Like I said already, I think the MOVIE will be good. But Little Hardy Boy is going to be the weakest link, and the least interesting of the characters.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:11 am

Here, check out Hardy's latest. Comments of special note are in bold:

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/tom-hardy-talks-playing-bane-in-the-dark-knight-rises

Tom Hardy talks playing Bane in The Dark Knight Rises

Exclusive: “It’s not the guy in Joel Schumacher’s films…”

By Total Film | Aug 1st 2011

Tom Hardy has spoken exclusively to Total Film about his role as Bane in Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises.

We recently sat down for a chat with the rising star (as certified by Bafta), and couldn’t resist asking him about his role in the epic Bat-threequel.

He told us that Nolan called him up while he was shooting This Means War, to ask if he’d be happy playing the musclebound, mask-wearing villain in Rises:

‘Hang on a minute. You’re asking me to come round the world with you in a Batman movie, playing a villain, and the only downside to it is I have to wear a mask? Hmmm, let me think. I’ll get back to you… No, I’m fucking there, man! Anything you need.’”

While Nolan’s take on Bane is likely to be worlds away from any earlier screen incarnations of the character (a necessity to ensure he fits in with the ‘reality-based’ Gotham), he’s still best known as ‘The Man Who Broke The Bat’; so will Bats suffer any spinal injuries here?

Hardy responded coyly: “Mmmmm… Good lead-in, but all I can say is that Chris has a plan up his sleeve that’s not at all disappointing. And that is a definite choice that’s watertight in every respect.

“I think Bane’s fucking cool so I’m really excited to play him. It’s not the guy in Joel Schumacher’s film, but it shouldn’t disappoint fanboys…”

So, does he feel any pressure living up to Heath Ledger’s portrayal as one Batman’s arch-nemeses? “No, none at all,” he insisted. “Brilliant actor, brilliant work – that’s it. I’ve got a job to do.

“It’s the same with Mad Max and Mel Gibson. I’m not here to engage in a competition with their talent. It’s to play the character that I’ve been given.”

And he’s not bothered about wearing a mask either: “Any time you put something over your face, you’re going to adopt a personality and a physicality that has nothing to do with acting. It allows a performance to be free.”
Originally found at SHH:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168109-tom-hardy-on-the-dark-knight-rises

An excerpt for emphasis:

It’s not the guy in Joel Schumacher’s film, but it shouldn’t disappoint fanboys…”

You're right, Hardy Boy. You're not Jeep Swenson, not even close. You can just act better, that's all. But if you think you can convince me that YOU are gonna break Batman's back, well, to quote Judas Priest:

YOU'VE GOT ANOTHER THING COMIN'!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:43 am

Total Film wrote:While Nolan’s take on Bane is likely to be worlds away from any earlier screen incarnations of the character (a necessity to ensure he fits in with the ‘reality-based’ Gotham)
Cuz God forbid someone modify their vision to fit the material...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Bug-Eyed Earl Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:14 pm

I'm of two minds on the Tom Hardy size thing: first, I wish that Nolan wasn't so snooty about choosing his actors that he would give a big unknown guy a chance. There's probably a brilliant 6'3" + dude of Latin descent out there toiling away in theater or as a creature performer who would be awesome. Alan Rickman had only done theater before Die Hard. I find it hilarious that Nolan and Sam Raimi cast most of their roles in Batman and Spider-man with actors who have come off a highly acclaimed performance(s). I'm all for casting great actors, but you don't need an Oscar winner or nominee every time.

On the other hand- look at some of the performance in TDK from the characters whose actors aren't on the poster:

"ENOUGH of the CLOWN!"

"My doogs are HOONGRY!"

They're a little schticky. Maybe he needs those actors after all. But that goes back to my original point- he probably finds people like "The Rock" to not be good enough for his movie.

Bug-Eyed Earl
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:29 pm

Dude, if he cast Michael Jai-White in the last film, having issues with The Rock's acting is a little hypocritical.

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 3 Spawn

Need I say more?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bug-Eyed Earl Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:04 am

That's my point- he casts high-end actors for the main characters, but the ancillary characters are kind of hammy and over the top.

On the other hand, don't be down on Michael Jai White, jive turkey:

Bug-Eyed Earl
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:52 pm

Bug-Eyed Earl wrote:That's my point- he casts high-end actors for the main characters, but the ancillary characters are kind of hammy and over the top.

On the other hand, don't be down on Michael Jai White, jive turkey:

I'll see your 'Black Dynamite', and raise you his 'Kill Bill Vol. 2' cutting-room floor scene:

Cringe-worthy....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:55 am

Little Hardy Boy is just looking better & better, isn't he???

WeMakeALotOfShitUp.com

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 3 Bane%20super%20icon
Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 3 Bane12%20close%20up
Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 3 Bane10
Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 3 Bane7
Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 3 Bane4

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 3 That-Sucks--jpg

More at the link, if you are interested at all....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:57 am

Fuck that movie. Fuck it right in the ear!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:15 am

Jeep Swenson would roll over in his grave! And what's with the football stadium attack anyway? I pointed that out in another post but really?! And just look at those guns! Those 24-inch pythons! WHATCHA GONNA DO, WHEN THE BANESTER RUNS WILD ON YOU?! WHATCHA GONNA DOOOO?!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:25 am

non_amos wrote:Jeep Swenson would roll over in his grave! And what's with the football stadium attack anyway? I pointed that out in another post but really?! And just look at those guns! Those 24-inch pythons! WHATCHA GONNA DO, WHEN THE BANESTER RUNS WILD ON YOU?! WHATCHA GONNA DOOOO?!

Tom Hardy To Play" Bane" In Batman Sequel - Page 3 Hulkhogane
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:33 am

HILARIOUS! Laughing

And did you check out those 'comments' at the bottom of the page, the 1st one mainly? I about rolled! Especially seeing Adam West & Burt Ward in on the laugh! I just wonder what ASH has to do with it?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:38 am

non_amos wrote:HILARIOUS! Laughing

And did you check out those 'comments' at the bottom of the page, the 1st one mainly? I about rolled! Especially seeing Adam West & Burt Ward in on the laugh! I just wonder what ASH has to do with it?

I love the idiots who say: "u can nut juj da moofie r duh bane on da pixtures ur jus a dumm dumm"

Um, yeah I can. Show me a picture of Nolan's shit, and I will call it shit. I don't need to wait for the movie to know that picture looked like a piece of shit.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next