Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

+9
bootspark
gadhero
kivara
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
13 posters

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 17 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:12 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:The thing to remember about swrong is that he has no principle. He frequently just does what he's told and any lasting "break" from the party line is usually short lived. Yeah, I guess it's cool that he acknowledges the success of the Realist movement but I really don't think it'll last very long.

It appears that Eunuch has given his dog a longer leash than he used to.

Now, as far as the Eunuch himself is concerned...

High Father Apologist Eunuch Douchebag To Sci-Fi Now magazine wrote:[Singerman Peeps] did well. It was well received by fans and critics. But for some reason, we're seeing a kind of revisionist history taking place where people are saying it failed. It might not have done as well as The Dark Knight, and it may have its critics, but it was a good movie. I think the biggest problem some people had with [Swooperman Stalks[/b] is that it changed the character too much in some ways (being the father of an illegitimate child, spying on Lois using his X-ray vision) and not enough other ways (mimicking Christopher Reeve's lines, paying home to the Donner films).
Bullshit. Utter and pure bullshit. I'm sorry but I was in on the Realist discontent pretty early on in the game. I saw four things happen first hand:

01- We attracted like-minded fans.
02- We persuaded a lot of fence-sitters.
03- To a lesser degree, we deprogrammed several would-be Apologist.
04- The Apologist true believers dug in their heels and declared war on anybody audacious enough to have a different fucking opinion.

I've got a good memory. I recall the above happening and in more or less that basic order... although I guess you could argue that #3 and #4 were simultaneous. Point is though that lines were drawn pretty early on and more people crossed over to our side than theirs. In spite of Neal The Felcher writing some masturbatory mega review, in spite of Younis banning people left, right and center, in spite of Bad Hat Harry mounting a full court press for damage control, in spite of the entire fucking WB marketing machine...

THE REALISTS WERE THERE FROM THE BEGINNING AND WE WON.

This would be a lot easier to document on the Eunuch page but for (A) their penchant for deleting "inappropriate" comments and (B) purging ALL comments after a certain amount of time.

The above isn't "revisionism". I was there, I FUCKING SAW IT. You can flesh out the above with extra details, you can throw in some stuff I forgot to mention, you can expand on it, etc. but ANYBODY who says the above isn't what happened is a liar. A LIAR. Period.

When even one of the Eunuch's less principled followers admits that the real revisionism is denying that the above ever took place, you know you've got a problem.

The only people trying to revise history are the Apologists. And no one is buying it. The SSS Blog is still there, dates and all. Unlike Duh HomoPage, we never purged content to save face.

Eunuch did everything he could to try and paint Singerman as a "success", since that is what the Bros. Warner told him to do. And guess what?

He failed.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 17 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Actually, there's a nuance I feel I should mention.

As I recall, there was a minor disagreement over the future of Singerman. Some folks felt Singerman was one and done. Maybe a reboot was coming, maybe it wasn't, but there would never be a Singerman sequel. You could take at least THAT much to the bank.

Other Realists though felt that WB would feel obligated to make a sequel before they fully realized how badly they'd fucked up the franchise and only THEN would they reboot. I remember someone even had a sig on the Singerman Sucks blog that said the "trilogy" would end in 2009 (ie, the expected arrival window of Singerman 2- Emo-boy of Steel).

I really don't know which of those is more cynical, to tell you the truth.

In any case, it became apparent around 2008 -- when jackshit had happened with Singerman 2 and JLA news was flying around like mad -- that, no matter what, a second helping of Singerman was NOT happening. Not then, not ever. In fact, I don't think too many of us even halfway thought a sequel was in the offing after, oh, maybe mid to late 2007.

Anyway, point is that we all expected the Singerman "franchise" to be discontinued; we only differed over WHEN that decision would be made. That's about as "divided" as we ever got.

You compare that to the Apologists, where even many of the diehards still had relatively significant "nitpicks" over the movie (the pleather bikini, Fivehead Bosworth, etc). It was only the hardliners and true believers who thought the movie was perfect as it is... and there were only, what, six or seven of those? 12 tops on the entire Internet? Bad odds, son.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:16 pm

There is definitely some truth to what you are saying, colors. There were people in our movement who didn't WANT a sequel, but were willing to concede that one just might be possible. But not me.

Once I became attached to the SSS Blog on an "official" basis, and learned what I learned, I never doubted that not only would BJ NEVER get a chance to ruin Superman again, but that a sequel was never going to be considered. I was confident in what I knew, and took delight in rubbing it in the Apologists faces. They had their little sites where they were "coddled & protected", but they just COULDN'T stay away from ours.

Why is that?

Because people know truth, and are drawn to it like a moth to a flame.

We won. Period. Guys like Eunuch and pigs like MostPowerfulVaginaStench can go around claiming "revised history" and any other Apologist Bullet Point they want, but it still won't change that fact. It's a morbid curiosity, and a time-passer/time-waster, reading and commenting on what they still say to this day. We have almost two years to go until 'Man of Steel', and it gives us something to talk about.

That's all they have become now, and the BEST they will ever be.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:33 pm

I am confident that any person with an ounce of sense back then could or should have seen the amount of spin that was being spun by WB and Singer about a follow up film, without any substantive details that it was not going to happen.

As the months elapsed and SR staggered like a punch-drunk fighter toward that magical $200 million mark, you could actually see the separation between the WB and Singer, no matter what the spin was.

SR was a disaster for a film studio that desperately was looking for a much-needed boost to its iconic hero. I can only imagine what those who are employed to make these decisions were thinking after the first three plus hour screening. Perhaps, “Oh, we are so fucked!” As they tried to explain to BS that he really needed to make some edits and put in some action. Hence, the whole bank robbery scene, which was as exciting as an episode of George Reeves old TV show.

Of course, no one will ever admit it, but their only hope was, (and they nearly pulled it off fooling almost every critic out there) that the film was epic. However, the real fans knew the thing was and will forever be shit!

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:57 pm

Rduce wrote:I am confident that any person with an ounce of sense back then could or should have seen the amount of spin that was being spun by WB and Singer about a follow up film, without any substantive details that it was not going to happen.
Your handle is new to me. Recent anyway. Were you involved in fandom back then? I ask because that's pretty much it. Can't tell you when the fracture began exactly but it was more noticeable maybe around August and September 2006. To my recollection, Singer and WB were never on the same page again after that. I wouldn't quite use the term "distanced themselves from each other" right at that moment (although it definitely happened later, with execs and Singer giving different stories, re: Singerman 2) but the camaraderie from 2004 was long gone.

As the months elapsed and SR staggered like a punch-drunk fighter toward that magical $200 million mark, you could actually see the separation between the WB and Singer, no matter what the spin was.
Again, that's pretty much it right there.

SR was a disaster for a film studio that desperately was looking for a much-needed boost to its iconic hero.
I think they might've weathered the storm better if they'd had SOME kind of hit that summer but with the rest of their summer slate not doing drastically better (proportionally speaking) than Singerman and given that Singerman was THE WB tentpole that summer... yeah, I'd have hated to be in Singer's shoes around late July through to October 2006.

I can only imagine what those who are employed to make these decisions were thinking after the first three plus hour screening. Perhaps, “Oh, we are so fucked!” As they tried to explain to BS that he really needed to make some edits and put in some action. Hence, the whole bank robbery scene, which was as exciting as an episode of George Reeves old TV show.
Can you just imagine how pissed off WB must've been when they spent all that money, gave Singer so much creative freedom, had their marketing department undoubtedly on overtime with the $100 mill marketing campaign... all for Singer to throw them under the bus the minute the movie underperformed? Hollyweird politics or no, an ass-kicking was most certainly in order, if you ask me.

That said, Singer had to have been the posterboy around the WB offices for a lot of their failures that summer. I've wondered more than once how things might've gone if everything else but Singerman had turned a decent enough profit and the execs would've been under less pressure to make heads roll over losing so much money on EVERYTHING they released. To me, common sense says that one look at Singerman's opening weekend figures says it's time to reboot... but, Hollywood business being run the way it is, I have to wonder that they might not have rebooted if the other summer films had measured up. As it was, I assume shareholders were up Horn's ass sideways to get expenses under control and Singer was easily the most logical candidate to show the door.

Even so, have mercy, but what might've happened if the other (non-Singerman) movies from the 2006 WB slate had performed at or above expectations? I just shudder to think about it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:19 am

I was around on the old SSS board, I may not have been very vocal, but I assure you I was rabid on the IMBD page talking about that POS.

I walked out of the initial midnight showing, after waiting 19 years, saying to myself, WTF did I just see and where the fuck was Superman.

Of course as we all so well know there were the Fudge Packers that just swooned over SR, BJ and BS, but for the most part they did very little to rescue the film. I credit the real FANS for telling it like it was and getting the word of mouth out there to shut this screwed up POS down.

WB is mainly to blame, they spent way too much money over the years, which they were hoping might be recouped and then gave the keys to the store to a director who’s only knowledge of the character came from a nearly 30 year old movie he loved as a child. I mean how fucked up is that? I mean you ask BS how many comics he's read and he tells you, "NONE" and you still let give him control of your prize character, WTF!

Now, SR had potential, don’t get me wrong, the film could have been salvaged after the first friends and family screening if WB had the balls to sit BS down and say… “Bryan, I think we need to make a few changes and to punch it up here and there.” “Starting Monday we need to recast the main leads, fire your stupid ass and get some writers in here that know something about the fucking character!” “Other than that, We LOVE it!”

Now I may not have any idea how Hollywood works, but I can tell when something isn't going to work. I knew that making remakes of Knight Rider and the Bionic Woman wasn't going to work. I knew that the movie version of Lost in Space was going to suck balls and I knew that making a sit-com about those fucking Cavemen from the commericals was going to fail! So I can tell you as soon as I saw the publicity still of BJ in the suit, we were in trouble. I hoped I was wrong, but...

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:14 am

Rduce wrote:I was around on the old SSS board, I may not have been very vocal, but I assure you I was rabid on the IMBD page talking about that POS.

I walked out of the initial midnight showing, after waiting 19 years, saying to myself, WTF did I just see and where the fuck was Superman.

Of course as we all so well know there were the Fudge Packers that just swooned over SR, BJ and BS, but for the most part they did very little to rescue the film. I credit the real FANS for telling it like it was and getting the word of mouth out there to shut this screwed up POS down.

WB is mainly to blame, they spent way too much money over the years, which they were hoping might be recouped and then gave the keys to the store to a director who’s only knowledge of the character came from a nearly 30 year old movie he loved as a child. I mean how fucked up is that? I mean you ask BS how many comics he's read and he tells you, "NONE" and you still let give him control of your prize character, WTF!

Now, SR had potential, don’t get me wrong, the film could have been salvaged after the first friends and family screening if WB had the balls to sit BS down and say… “Bryan, I think we need to make a few changes and to punch it up here and there.” “Starting Monday we need to recast the main leads, fire your stupid ass and get some writers in here that know something about the fucking character!” “Other than that, We LOVE it!”
Not sure if you're being sarcastic here but, assuming you're not, I have to disagree. By that point, the damage really was done.

Now on the conceptual level... yeah, I think the basic story had potential. "Superman is gone for five years and comes back, having to readjust to a world that has grown used to his absence." There's potential there. Why did Superman leave? Well, if you MUST go with the Donner continuity, why not force Superman's absence from external forces? Pull sort of a SV move and set it up so that Jor-El again strips Superman of his powers (turns out they were only on loan from the crystal, pending a nice, long father/son chit-chat) and forces him back to the FOS for some remedial lessons. (A) You could argue that such would logically follow from the events of Superman II and (B) it takes the decision out of Superman's hands. He fucked up, he knows he fucked up and so he consents to the remedial stuff because he wants to take his medicine and be better than he was.

Basically, you still get Superman out of the picture for five (or however many) years but you don't make him look irresponsible or idiotic for leaving. You enhance his character through his actions and circumstances. Plus, if you MUST explore the alienation shit for Superman, it's at least done in the context of a Superman who's royally screwed up and subsequently been completely isolated from the rest of the world in the bargain. On that basis, you could imagine Superman might be just a bit gun shy and perhaps awkward and slow to regain a proper sense of equilibrium, esp now that he has a MUCH keener understanding of how much rides on every decision he makes. This is a guy constantly wanting to be better than he is (or was). Giving him a film where he comes back from the mistakes he made in STM and S2... well, there are worse plot ideas out there, trust me.

Sure, that raises problems with the timing of his return vs. Lex paying his own visit to the FOS to rob the joint. Lex can't show up while Superman's there, after all (although such could make for an interesting confrontation, and even give Jor-El the impetus to send Superman back to the main world, ready or not). On top of that, this scenario establishes that Jor-El is a pretty sophisticated AI that would recognize outsiders and intruders. So you give Lex something else to do! Big duh!

As to the bastard Damien kid... no. Just no. This was a retarded move from the get-go. Yeah, I realize there's thematic resonance in Superman searching the galaxy Kryptonian survivors while his son is hanging out in Metropolis. Big hairy deal! I don't care if there's a theme there, it's completely wrongheaded for Superman. Period.

As to the pleather... really, do I even need to say it?

And as far as casting is concerned... well, again, do I even need to say it? Obviously pretty much every role in Singerman was cast COMPLETELY wrong. Maybe Huntington wasn't too bad (although I'd want to skew younger for Jimmy, m'self) but even there you had better options on the table. Bottom line? Getting one decent casting choice among a sea of miscast nobodies and has-beens was obviously the wrong play.

Still, the main issue here is that the flaws with Singerman are at the raw conceptual stage. All the reshoots and shit in the world wouldn't amount to a hill of beans considering how far behind the 8-ball Singerman was from pretty much Day One. The REAL answer would obviously have been rebooting back then, getting a different director and crew, definitely a different cast and making something ORIGINAL. Something divorced from Donner/Reeve/STM, L&C, SV, STAS and all the rest. Something NEW.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:47 pm

Reading all of that just goes to show how STUPID an "idea" it was in the first place.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:33 pm

This isn't related to any particular message board but this guy is taking being an Apologist to a whole new level.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2011/10/superman-fan-turns-to-surgery-to-become-man-of-steel-well-silicone/
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:04 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:This isn't related to any particular message board but this guy is taking being an Apologist to a whole new level.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2011/10/superman-fan-turns-to-surgery-to-become-man-of-steel-well-silicone/

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 17 Wyatt_derp
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:24 am

I saw that same thing briefly at duh Homopage but didn't tarry there long enough to really check it out. However, just at a quick glance, this dude ain't trying to look like Superman. Oh no! He's trying to look like friggin' Brandon 'BJ' Routhman! Just look at the pic again & tell me it isn't so. Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:40 am

non_amos wrote:I saw that same thing briefly at duh Homopage but didn't tarry there long enough to really check it out. However, just at a quick glance, this dude ain't trying to look like Superman. Oh no! He's trying to look like friggin' Brandon 'BJ' Routhman! Just look at the pic again & tell me it isn't so. Suspect
Surely you realize that BJ Blandon *IS* that character (sorry, old habits die hard but I still refuse to call him by the name of my favorite superhero character, even now) to the Apologists. So to him, he's just emulating his boy.

It's sick on so many levels I don't even know where to start.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:07 am

Saw that story a few days ago about that man. Freaky stuff but some folks are crazy hardcore in these matters.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:50 am

URL-http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10378#comments

In the Eunuch's story about the Smallville mega-set press release, we find these gems...

Apologist asshole wrote:#9 | GGfacePALMs on October 7, 2011 11:43pm EST
i would have honestly bought this if they showed superman properly. not going to bother re watching any episodes knowing that all we get is cgi superman for 5 minutes at the end
"No flights/no tights". I mean, fuck, they wore that mantra on their sleeve from day one. It was a consistent element of the show and it was promised we'd see little, if any, Superman. Instead, we got a finale with, what, 10 minutes of Clark flying and operating as Superman? Sure, there wasn't much of a glory shot with Welling in The Suit but as that was guaranteed NOT to happen to begin with... I mean, seriously, wtf is the problem here?!

Apologist jackoff wrote:#10 | funnylatinsuperman on October 8, 2011 12:29am EST
For the money I'd spend on this, I'll go see Man of Steel at least 4 times - at least I'm guaranteed to see the star actually put on the 'suit'
Apart from atrocious fucking math "skills", I'd rather a zillion Superman sequences like Smallville's finale than one of Cavill's suit. Sure, Cavill's suit is fairly close to the comics but the absence of the trunks is a big deal to me. Sure, said trunks could be added in post... but they're absent for right now so the publicity shot and spy photos are what I'm judging from right now. And right now... well, whatever.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:06 am

I am totally with you on this one colors! I would also point out that our little CW show, managed to put a yellow shield ont he cape, something Singer told us couldn't happen because it just didn't work well with the CGI matching...

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:09 am

I found this other article about the dude having surgery to look like BJ:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3859149/Superfan.html

I was gonna try to save the pics so I could post them but when I 'right-clicked' on them, it wouldn't allow it! Copy-protected! I could try to post the article but I'd have to go around the various pics so I'll let you see for yourself at the link. Anyway, it states that this dude has been doing this since 1998 to look like Christopher Reeve. Really?! Are they sure that date ain't really 2006?

The guy is even having work done to his body to try to look like Superman. Hey, here's a novel idea. How about getting in the gym & actually packing on some real muscle?! And besides, if you look at these pics, he's not even filling out the BJ suit! Nice work Derp!

non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:10 pm

non_amos wrote:I found this other article about the dude having surgery to look like BJ:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3859149/Superfan.html

I was gonna try to save the pics so I could post them but when I 'right-clicked' on them, it wouldn't allow it! Copy-protected! I could try to post the article but I'd have to go around the various pics so I'll let you see for yourself at the link. Anyway, it states that this dude has been doing this since 1998 to look like Christopher Reeve. Really?! Are they sure that date ain't really 2006?

The guy is even having work done to his body to try to look like Superman. Hey, here's a novel idea. How about getting in the gym & actually packing on some real muscle?! And besides, if you look at these pics, he's not even filling out the BJ suit! Nice work Derp!
Surely you've all noticed how much Singerman merchandise is in his room. The whole thing makes me tempted to crown him as the biggest Apologist in the entire world. I'll bet he'd be a hit over at the Eunuch page.

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:20 pm

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 17 Article-0-0E44586B00000578-480_634x474

The FAIL in this picture is overwhelming.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:51 pm

The fattest of all Apologists said something so mind-numbingly STUPID that her own kind turned on her!:

Apologist Haven

MostPowerfulVaginaStenchFromStarGazing
"My belly's always round."

Re: Post your favorite SUPERMAN pictures/videos/so
« Reply #74 on Oct 1, 2011, 1:01pm »
I like this version of the suit, though somehow it doesn't feel modern or really iconic/classic, but it's still much better than the MOS suit, imo,
Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 17 Tumblr_lsedjw4XDo1qlc562o1_500

Pretty fucking pathetic, ain't it? Well, here's the response she got:

Jor-L5150
Creative Consultant

« Reply #75 on Oct 3, 2011, 5:32pm »

gazer, we all like you.

but that statement is ridiculous.
the above drawing is beyond retarded.

KevinDontDance
I belong in a museum.

« Reply #77 on Oct 3, 2011, 5:40pm »

Jesus Christ! How is that BETTER than the MOS suit?!?

Good lord, you REALLY hate this movie already, don't you?

What if EVERY SINGLE MEMBER on this board, EVERY ONE, said they loved it when it comes out? Legitimately? Would you go see it then or would you still be all, "Hmph! Brandon's not in it!" about it?

And how does fatty-fatty-fat-fat respond?

« Reply #78 on Oct 3, 2011, 6:14pm »

Eh, I read statements like that all the time on lots of Superman forums.. It's just a matter of opinions I guess.

I just feel like that suit represent the character and his values better (more decent, wholesome, stuff like that).

Someone still has their "Apologist Guidebook For Shitheads", and runs back to Rule #1 when challenged: "iz all opinions n stuf so iz nut rong"

"She" is fail.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:54 pm

I like it, a cross between Star Trek the Motion Picture and Superman of Earth 43. LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Rduce

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:12 am

ha
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:The fattest of all Apologists said something so mind-numbingly STUPID that her own kind turned on her!:

Apologist Haven

"My belly's always round."

« Reply #74 on Oct 1, 2011, 1:01pm »
I like this version of the suit, though somehow it doesn't feel modern or really iconic/classic, but it's still much better than the MOS suit, imo,
Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 17 Tumblr_lsedjw4XDo1qlc562o1_500

Pretty fucking pathetic, ain't it? Well, here's the response she got:

Jor-L5150
Creative Consultant

« Reply #75 on Oct 3, 2011, 5:32pm »

gazer, we all like you.

but that statement is ridiculous.
the above drawing is beyond retarded.

KevinDontDance
I belong in a museum.

« Reply #77 on Oct 3, 2011, 5:40pm »

Jesus Christ! How is that BETTER than the MOS suit?!?

Good lord, you REALLY hate this movie already, don't you?

What if EVERY SINGLE MEMBER on this board, EVERY ONE, said they loved it when it comes out? Legitimately? Would you go see it then or would you still be all, "Hmph! Brandon's not in it!" about it?

And how does fatty-fatty-fat-fat respond?

« Reply #78 on Oct 3, 2011, 6:14pm »

Eh, I read statements like that all the time on lots of Superman forums.. It's just a matter of opinions I guess.

I just feel like that suit represent the character and his values better (more decent, wholesome, stuff like that).

Someone still has their "Apologist Guidebook For Shitheads", and runs back to Rule #1 when challenged: "iz all opinions n stuf so iz nut rong"

"She" is fail.
What the hell?! It's supposed to be Clark Kent, not freaking Ichabod Crane! Leave it to that nitwit to enjoy that version.

Idjit...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Nah, she doesn't "enjoy" that version. It was just an opportunity to trash the current Superman because he isn't BJ Routh in what she THOUGHT was a safe environment.

She was wrong.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:55 pm

I could understand that if the version you're complimenting had ANY merit WHATSOEVER. But this is like talking up Bob Holliday's Superman thing over MOS. It's that same level of credibility... which is to say none at all.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 17 Empty Filipino man get plastic surgery to look like Superman!

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:54 am

I'm not sure if you guys heard about this since this has been all over the web (Including Comicbookmovie.com and Supermanhomepage.com) and the news as up late but there's been a report about a 35-year old filipino man named Herbert Chavez who is shown to be a Superman fanatic with his collection of Superman related merchandises has just gave himself plastic surgery to make him actually look like Superman along with a homemade costume no less. Can anyone say the word Obsession?

Also if he had to get plastic surgery to look like Superman why he had to make himself look like Brandon Routh of all people? Sure he was the last actor to portray Superman but if I recall he didn't actually nailed it!

To read more just click here... http://www.realself.com/blog/plastic-surgery-like-superman
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum