Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

+9
bootspark
gadhero
kivara
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
13 posters

Page 10 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 10 Empty RE: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  non_amos Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:06 pm

Welcome aboard bootspark!

I know what ya mean about seeing Singerman in the theater for the 1st time. I went the night before, for the 10 PM pre-showing. It's really weird. At 1st glance, I thought I'd seen a good Superman film but ya know what? I think that was more so due to the fact that I'd only been waiting 19 YEARS for a new Superman film & I really did want to like this. But ya know what else? In spite of 'thinking' I liked it, I also left the theater with a 'strange' feeling. What I mean is, ya know how you 'sense' that's there's something wrong with something but you can't quite put your finger on what it is? Well, that's how I left SINGERMAN . One one hand, trying to convince myself that it was awesome, but..........OTOH, there was 'something rotten in Denmark' as they say & I couldn't put my finger on it. However, in the coming days & weeks, as I read the message boards, even at duh Homopage, my suspicions were confirmed. Those posters against 'SR' were putting in words the 'sinking feeling' that I believe I sensed early on. I have since watched 'SR' a few times to try to be objective but guess what? it seems like it gets WORSE with each viewing!

So I know how ya feel man! Here's to hoping that the reboot knocks it outta the ball park!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 10 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:35 pm

I freely admit that I'm in a seriously pissy mood tonight but reading the Eunuch page comments about the Faora casting, I seriously wish every Apologist on the face of this planet would do the right thing and kill himself already. They're not getting a pleather-clad sequel, Singer apparently has no directing gigs lined up, The Bartender's career is a complete joke; the Apologists obviously have nothing to live for and they really should do the right thing and kill themselves. Preferably en masse.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 10 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:46 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I freely admit that I'm in a seriously pissy mood tonight but reading the Eunuch page comments about the Faora casting, I seriously wish every Apologist on the face of this planet would do the right thing and kill himself already. They're not getting a pleather-clad sequel, Singer apparently has no directing gigs lined up, The Bartender's career is a complete joke; the Apologists obviously have nothing to live for and they really should do the right thing and kill themselves. Preferably en masse.

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 10 I%27D%20BUY%20THAT%20FOR%20A%20DOLLAR
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:33 am

As in the other thread in the comics section, Superman has renounced/will renounce his US citizenship because 9 in 10 comics pros are fucking leftwing extremists suffering from European penile envy. What do the Apologists think?

Commujism-loving Apologist wrote:#8 | Sabaoth on April 28, 2011 1:32am EST
On a more serious note, get ready for the tea-baggers (the extreme right for you non-USA'ers) to pick up on this story by weekend time. Bill O'reilly will likely be offended as will Beck and the other cronies; they will bring it up. They attacked Superman Returns for the "truth,justice, and all that stuff..." last time around. Keep in mind, the extreme right that is Fox News does not like WB / CNN.
I hope Bill Maher brings it up on Friday.
Wherever you stand on this, you have to admit,
Goyer has some seriously large cojones.

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9677#comments

To anybody who has ever used the term "tea-bagger", here are the results of the 2010 election cycle.

How do my nuts taste NOW, bitch?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:48 am

utty comments, as for the whole thing, I do wonder how long this will play out. I can't see it lasting to long, and probably would change back to the norm come mos release. But ya its a odd and stupid move to do.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:30 pm

Hey webhead, some Eunuch page fucktard shot his mouth off about Brand New Day. The link is on page 15. Anyhow...

#14 | Sabaoth on April 26, 2011 10:20am EST
I hope after Man of Steel becomes a success, that DC decided to do Ultimate Crisis and get rid of the remaining Byrne changes and reboot Superman, a la One More Day/Brand New Day, and get rid of the marriage and Lois knowing Clark's secret altogether; it's done wonders for Spider-man and it should do the same for Superman.

To which I wrote...

thecolorsblend wrote:If by "done wonders" he means "pisses off Spidey fans left and right", yeah, One More Day has "done wonders". And no, DC shouldn't take a lesson from Marvel and what a spoiled little baby Joe Quesada can be at times, especially about all things One More Day, and leave the Lois/Clark marriage alone.

Would you call my statement a fair assessment of how Spider-Man fans have reacted to the Peter/MJ marriage being dissolved?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:28 pm

ya fair judgement man, and i too was very pissed off with that whole matter in the comics. I would have liked them to stay together. But even with all that crap the stuff post brand new day i have enjoyed for the most part to various degrees. Plus writers like slott, gale, and all did do some nice stories i liked. But still wish the whole thing never went down the way it did. There is loads of other things they could have done.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:44 pm

non_amos wrote:At 1st glance, I thought I'd seen a good Superman film but ya know what? I think that was more so due to the fact that I'd only been waiting 19 YEARS for a new Superman film & I really did want to like this.

I think you may have summed up as to why some people were fooled at first, it was "good" to finally have Superman back on the big screen. However, upon viewing it was clear the film was severely lacking, and a pack of lies when it came to being told it was a "heartfelt" tribute to Christopher Reeve, etc etc

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:47 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I freely admit that I'm in a seriously pissy mood tonight but reading the Eunuch page comments about the Faora casting......

Let me guess.....an attractive woman cast in a Superman franchise = lots of complaints on the Homopage?

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Father Finian wrote:Let me guess.....an attractive woman cast in a Superman franchise = lots of complaints on the Homopage?

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 10 TRIPLE-YAHTZEE
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:55 pm

Father Finian wrote:
non_amos wrote:At 1st glance, I thought I'd seen a good Superman film but ya know what? I think that was more so due to the fact that I'd only been waiting 19 YEARS for a new Superman film & I really did want to like this.

I think you may have summed up as to why some people were fooled at first, it was "good" to finally have Superman back on the big screen. However, upon viewing it was clear the film was severely lacking, and a pack of lies when it came to being told it was a "heartfelt" tribute to Christopher Reeve, etc etc

Here's a story regarding Singerman, that I think sums it all up. For me, anyway.

I was watching it at the 10pm "advanced showing" like non there. Birthday gift from a sister. I had the typical popcorn and soda, since movie theater popcorn is just so good, but can give you dry mouth. Anyway, whenever I go to the movie, I NEVER have to get up and use the restroom. Ever. If I need to go, I'll hold it. Especially if I'm enjoying the movie. Just won't do it.

Now I'm watching Singerman, and they are pulling his retard ass out of the drink, and I gotta go. I sit there for a few minutes thinking "Jesus, when is this going to end?". I sat and sat, and this shit-fest kept going. I had had enough. I got-up and went to the restroom.

I enjoyed that piss FAR more than I did Singerman Peeps.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:22 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:I enjoyed that piss FAR more than I did Singerman Peeps.

I had a similar experience with "The Doors" movie. I enjoyed my piss break so much I then went out for a smoke. If my girlfriend at the time wasn't still in the cinema I would've kept on walking.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:42 pm

Father Finian wrote:I had a similar experience with "The Doors" movie. I enjoyed my piss break so much I then went out for a smoke. If my girlfriend at the time wasn't still in the cinema I would've kept on walking.

I haven't taken a piss in the middle of a movie since.

Say's a lot, doesn't it?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:34 pm

Says two things....the movies you're going to are better than Singerman (obviously)

...and your prostate seems in good shape.

Another one of the joys of getting older they didn't tell us about!

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:01 pm

Father Finian wrote:Says two things....the movies you're going to are better than Singerman (obviously)

Without question.

...and your prostate seems in good shape.

Lots of water, 7 days a week.

Another one of the joys of getting older they didn't tell us about!

Luckily for me, I've avoided back problems my entire life. Don't need THAT on-top of everything else falling apart.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:03 pm

ya the joys of aging huh.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:09 pm

webhead2006 wrote:ya the joys of aging huh.

This you?

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 10 Oldspiderman
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:16 pm

lol ap
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:08 am

webhead2006 wrote:ya fair judgement man, and i too was very pissed off with that whole matter in the comics. I would have liked them to stay together. But even with all that crap the stuff post brand new day i have enjoyed for the most part to various degrees. Plus writers like slott, gale, and all did do some nice stories i liked. But still wish the whole thing never went down the way it did. There is loads of other things they could have done.
Here's another angle. We've seen Peter go through pretty much everything over the years. Acne, hair in funny places, diarrhea, everything. Peter Parker is the ultimate everyman superhero. So if the Peter/MJ marriage had to go away? Why not freakin divorce them? The attitude seems to be "durrrr, kids today don't relate to comics about married people". Well (A) show me the kids reading comics anymore but (B) show me the kid who doesn't relate to divorce. Whether it's through firsthand experience or through his/her friends, they know divorce thanks to the worthless fucking Baby Boomers.

So why not just divorce Peter and MJ? That's definitely more in line with Peter the everyman's experience than an annulment through external forces.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:41 am

Ya I wouldn't have been too pissed if they did that.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun May 01, 2011 7:41 pm

Here's another "gem" from Apologist-Land:
http://fortressofsolitude.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=superman&action=display&thread=449&page=36

crazy_asian_man

Re: The Official Brandon Routh Thread
« Reply #875 Today at 3:34pm »

Well, Aintitcoolnews gave it a moderate thumbs up, plus an explanation of how the budget got slashed at the last minute, a la Superman IV style.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49462

Trailers are a mixed bag. I've seen great trailers to movies that weren't all that great (Star Trek: Nemesis, Pearl Harbor), and I've seen terrible trailers to movies that I'd end up loving, (SR had really unimpressive trailers- the international one I thought was better, but still) so imo it's not a perfect science to judging a film just by the trailer.

Hopefully his agent has something better up his sleeve, barring a last minute replacement (unlikely it seems) with Cavill for Superman.
(Makes me wonder- WHO IS Cavill's replacement, if he sprains his ankle/quits/whatever at the last minute? The Watchmen guy or would they reconsider Routh?)

(Though, yeah, again, highly unlikely to have a replacement at this point....)

See how pathetic Apologists are, and always have been?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 02, 2011 10:23 am

Boy they will never stop.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 10 Empty RE: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  non_amos Thu May 05, 2011 1:56 am

More crapola from Eunuch!

First:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9702#comments

May 3, 2011: Superman Available on TW Cable Movies on Demand
Superman Time Warner Cable Digital customers can now watch their favorite comic book heroes come to life with Movies On Demand. Comic Book Heroes On Demand features a collection of old and new superhero flicks including "Superman: The Movie", "Superman II" and "The Dark Knight". So sit back, relax and relive all the action you loved as a kid. Comic Book Heroes On Demand will be available through June 30.

Digital customers can order any of the films with their digital remote control by visiting the Comic Book Heroes category located on the Movies On Demand channel. For more information on Time Warner Cable On Demand content, please visit www.twondemand.com.

· Steve Younis on May 3, 2011 6:27pm EST· 0 Comments · 194 Reads

What's wrong with that, you ask? Well, I remember earlier that it had at least ONE comment & it wasn't 'spam' either. It was just someone pointing out that YOU CAN WATCH THE DVDS ANYTIME YOU LIKE! Now said comment doesn't exist. So my question is, why did Eunuch censor the guy?! Rolling Eyes

Now get this:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9721#comments

It's about Tom Welling's thoughts on SV but here's Eunuch's involvement:

#12 | Steve Younis on May 4, 2011 11:26pm EST
Sabaoth and univofmiami, this is a warning to both of you. So listen up!

Sabaoth, while you are entitled to your opinion about "Smallville" and can hate on it all you like, what you CANNOT do here is bait other members by insinuating they're "batty" for having an opinion that differs from your own. Do it again and you'll be banned from this site.

univofmiami, while you are entitled to your opinion about "Smallville" and can love it all you like, what you CANNOT do here is attack another member for having an opinion that differs from your own using thinly veiled bad language. Do it again and you'll be banned from this site.

So back to that huh?! Please, Eunuch, ban me! I wanna be banned! Waaahhh!!!!! cyclops
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 05, 2011 8:32 pm

non_amos wrote:So back to that huh?! Please, Eunuch, ban me! I wanna be banned! Waaahhh!!!!! cyclops

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 10 Banhamsterhv7
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri May 06, 2011 2:51 pm

Apologist Numbnuts wrote:#25 | Sabaoth on May 5, 2011 10:17pm EST
@24
Hopefully, the wedding is just a dream and it doesn't happen.
They will let the cat out of the bag tomorrow night as a preview during the show and the picture of Tom in the suit will be everywhere by Monday. They have to. Marketing, pure and simple.
If this does not happen then we are in for something so underwhelming that they want to hide it....something probably involving the CGI flowing cape we glimpsed in the last preview.
Let's cross our fingers and hope for the best.

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9728#comments

*sigh*

No. No, they won't. If images of Superman were going to be released, they would have by now. But, unless some spy pics surface at the 11th hour, it ain't happening (and if spy pics do pop up, they better fucking not appear here, that's all I know).

Why? If Welling puts on The Suit, that's the show's money shot. That's what the entire series has been building toward. Every single moment of every single episode, directly or indirectly, is leading to the point where Clark fully becomes Superman (irrespective of whether or not we actually see Superman). Pure and simple.

This isn't a movie, where other factors are a consideration. With a Superman movie, the concept isn't Clark becoming Superman, it's something else. But SV's entire core purpose is Clark becoming Superman. Pure and fucking simple.

Sorry but you don't blow that moment in a fucking TV Guide article. It's. Not. Happening. Pure and simple.

My hunch is we'll see Superman in the finale but we for damn sure won't see any such stuff in the press. THAT is marketing. Pure and simple. Releasing those pics would be the dumbest move anybody associated with the production could possibly make.

AT MOST, we might see a quick and incomplete glimpse of a red caped figure in the preview for the finale. But that's it. And I doubt we'll see even that much.

Of course, the Eunuchs and the Apologists and the Routhettes are going to bitch and moan no matter what.

Let me go on the record now though- We were NEVER promised we'd see Superman in the finale. Not by anyone, not at anytime. So if credits roll on the finale and the most we see is Clark holding The Suit or something similar, yeah, it may not be what we all wanted but NOBODY can say we were lied to. The showrunners have been pretty open about the series ending once he becomes Superman... and depending on how literally they mean that, we may never see Superman at all. And, again, if it comes to that, nobody can say we were misled, lied to or anything else.

Pure and simple enough for you, Apologist Eunuchs??
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum