Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

+9
bootspark
gadhero
kivara
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
13 posters

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 2 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  Father Finian Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:02 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:I found a picture of him online. Check it out:

At least they fed Igor! (pronunced Eye-gor). Swright just works for the glory!

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 2 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  Father Finian Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:15 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I don't know about the rest of you, but, as a fan, I'll proudly wear whatever role I personally had in derailing the Singerverse as a badge of honor for the rest of my life.

Absolutely!

I'm sorry, but which fans thought Singerman was to similar to STM????

What will it take for those apologist clowns to accept reality?

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:32 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:For those of you just joining us, here's an example of Apologist thinking at its most asinine

Some Apologist Fucknuts from the Younis Page wrote:#32 | georgethree33 on February 26, 2011 11:23am EST
The complainers are gonna get what they deserve
Lol - so people complained that Superman Returns disappointed even though it made it's budget back and was considered a success at the time (made more money than Batman Begins). Understandably - the fans complained Returns was too similar to Superman The Movie, too much of a repeated experience. Maybe it was - so what! I liked it.

Then Singer, listening to the fans complaints began preparing a sequel that would have resolved the Super-kid angle by bringing in a villain we all want to see - Brainiac - and before the fans knew what he was planning - they complained and Singer lost out on his followup Superman film.

Nolan and his cohorts sweep in to save the day and came up "brand new" idea - to redo Superman II and bring in Zod. brilliant. Let's do the Nuclear Man next.

All I can say - is if this is true - the complainers are going to get what they deserve. We could have had Brainiac and a story that removed the Super-Kid - but noooooooo - people just had to whine about it. Got no one but yourselves to blame if we just get a retread of Superman II - though i have to admit Viggo would make a badass Zod.

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9325#comments

Given that (A) there aren't enough hours in the day to deal with every single "point" raised therein and (B) said "points" have been long debunked anyway, I'll just tackle a few of 'em.

First, as is likely not breaking news to anybody around here, yeah, sure, Singerman earned back its production budget... when you consider only the worldwide gross. But it lost money in both territories. Of course, there are other factors. How much does distribution cost? The IMAX release? Also, what about Singerman's infamous (and documented) $100 million marketing campaign?

On top of all that, whatever "profit" WB made instantly had to be split up with Legendary anyway.

Sorry, but the one thing you can't argue is that Singerman made significant amounts of profit at the box office. We've all crunched the numbers a thousand times and they simply. Aren't. There.

Period.

This leads rather neatly into Singer's ouster. Knowing how much the movie lost and knowing that Singer wouldn't likely have been able to carry on the story in a way that didn't demolish the mythos (if you keep The Kid around, you can't have stories where Lois puts herself in harm's way to be rescued, nor can you put her in a relationship with anyone other than Cyclops or else she becomes an irresponsible mother; if you whack The Kid... oh yeah, THAT'S an uplifting thing to put in a Superman movie!), WB simply did the smart thing in cutting their losses and rebooting.

Nobody's saying it but methinks the ONLY reason we're getting a Superman movie even now is because of the legal decision where the Siegels have the right to sue if WB haven't started production on a new Superman film by such-and-such a date. If that's so, you kinda have to think we wouldn't even be getting what we are if it wasn't for that legal decision.

Last, seriously, how much did negative fan reaction REALLY have to do with the cancellation of the Singer "franchise"? But assuming WB listened to the fans on this one... look, I don't know about the rest of you, but, as a fan, I'll proudly wear whatever role I personally had in derailing the Singerverse as a badge of honor for the rest of my life.

I have never, and WILL NEVER, feel "bad" or "ashamed" of the part I played in Singerman being kicked aside for something new. No matter how small that part may have been.

And really, did none of you see it coming? What do these retards have left at their disposal? They will "trash" Sucker Punch because it was made by Snyder. They will say "uze gunna c dat da new moofie iz gunna suxor n u shood half let da BS making da squeal!!!". They will make stupid ass casting "suggestions" like BJ Routh for Jor-El or Bizarro. Then, they will see the movie and not say a word once it is a success, or at least makes more than Singerman Peeps did.

Watch and see.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:33 pm

Father Finian wrote:At least they fed Igor! (pronunced Eye-gor). Swright just works for the glory!

Well, I think they DO feed lil ol' swright. Just not anything we want to know about.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:34 pm

Yes, "Sucker Punch" is in for a bagging from the apologists.

Not only is it a Snyder film, it also features attractive women in sexy outfits.

And to add insult to injury, attractive women with normal sized foreheads in sexy outfits

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:41 pm

Father Finian wrote:Yes, "Sucker Punch" is in for a bagging from the apologists.

Not only is it a Snyder film, it also features attractive women in sexy outfits.

And to add insult to injury, attractive women with normal sized foreheads in sexy outfits

Seriously, check ANYWHERE that has Apologists. The one's who "defend" that piece of shit Singerman are the same one's bitching about 'Sucker Punch'. BlueNuts is gone, but the same bunch of wienies post as eyesskyward.com.

Go take a look, and you'll see what I mean.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:39 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I don't know about the rest of you, but, as a fan, I'll proudly wear whatever role I personally had in derailing the Singerverse as a badge of honor for the rest of my life.
Apologist Puncher wrote:I have never, and WILL NEVER, feel "bad" or "ashamed" of the part I played in Singerman being kicked aside for something new. No matter how small that part may have been.
Why should you? Why should any of us? People remember L&C. People are aware of SV. Christopher Reeve (if nothing else) is still an iconic image in peoples' minds.

Singerman? Dude, you could tell most average people that Singerman came out in 2006 and I guaranfuckingtee you their only memory of that summer is Johnny Depp in guyliner. Maybe if you showed them a TV spot, you'd jog their memories but that's about what it would take.

Why would *ANY* of us want that shit to be Superman's lasting legacy in the modern era of filmgoing? It's bullshit. If nothing else, I have confidence that Snyder will deliver a memorable Superman film... perhaps not a good Superman film (guilty until proven innocent, remember?) but it'll at least be remembered.

As opposed to bullshit Singerman, which the public forgot about the weekend after it opened.

Father Finian wrote:What will it take for those apologist clowns to accept reality?
I gave up a while ago. Back in 2007, I figured "the sheer fact that WB wants to do a JLA movie with Superman but without Routh should just about tell you all you need to know about Singerman 2- Madame of Pleather" ever getting made. But the Apologists held on.

When the WGA strike and it was JLA that got fast-tracked, not Singerman 2, I figured they'd recognize the writing on the wall. Nope.

When Variety posted report after report that although JLA was defunct, Singerman 2 wasn't moving forward either, I guessed they'd latch on to reality. They dug in their heels.

When Younis was reduced to reporting on scam craigslist ads for Singerman 2 extras, I thought "surely the Realists aren't the only ones who will see through that." Turns out we were.

When Blandon's contract was announced as having expired, I figured the Apologists would finally hang it up. Nope, they stood their ground that, at minimum, BJ would come back.

Now, in the face of Singer's firing, Snyder being hired for the reboot and Singer's clear disinterest in anything related to the man in the cape, the Apologists have had to accept that Singerman is one-and-done.

But now? Oh now. The prognostications...

Apologist Puncher wrote:And really, did none of you see it coming? What do these retards have left at their disposal? They will "trash" Sucker Punch because it was made by Snyder. They will say "uze gunna c dat da new moofie iz gunna suxor n u shood half let da BS making da squeal!!!". They will make stupid ass casting "suggestions" like BJ Routh for Jor-El or Bizarro. Then, they will see the movie and not say a word once it is a success, or at least makes more than Singerman Peeps did.

Watch and see.
Father Finian wrote:Yes, "Sucker Punch" is in for a bagging from the apologists.

You guys are right, let's start there.

But if anything, you guys are being conservative in limiting it only to Sucker Punch. I fully expect the Apologists to do all in their power to derail the Snyder reboot. They lost out on their little Singerman and BJ Blandon and boy'ish-looking Lois and I truly believe they'll be out for blood.

You think they bash on SV? Folks, my prediction is that their treatment of SV will look like a motherfucking VACATION compared to the treatment the Snyder reboot will get (irrespective of whether or not toxic remarks are valid).

The irony here is that it's just a matter of time until Younis whores himself out to Cruel and Unusual Films (Snyder's production company). When he does that, if he wants to protect that "relationship", he'll have no choice but to ban the very Apologists from which he's made his living these past several years.

I mean, call me crazy but I suspect his masters probably don't want to see non-stop toxic remarks about a Superman film that a *LOT* is riding on. Think about that for a minute. The irony of him banning his little gang of Apologist Hitler Youths to protect the new franchise is just killer.

Even so, this one's for all the marbles, gang. If the Snyder movie doesn't work out, I honestly don't know that we'll ever see another Superman film (unless someone somehow finagles another Salkindesque negative pickup deal).

The Apologists KNOW there's blood in the water, and they've got nothing to lose by sinking this ship because they're fucked either way.

Sucker Punch is just the beginning. This is the appetizer. Just wait until more stuff about the new movie starts getting out there. That's when the REAL bloodbath is going to happen.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:57 pm

Something else I forgot. I read somewhere some Apologist whining that Snyder's not had any real hits if you take 300 off the table.

According to Wikipedia, he's directed five films (including Sucker Punch).

Sucker Punch hasn't come out yet. Dawn of the Dead performed at or above expectations, esp given the rating and subject matter. Legend of the Guardians was, indeed, a failure. Watchmen had niche content, a long runtime and an R-rating so I'd excuse the low numbers there; this was NEVER going to do tentpole business (hence the release window it had). Sucker Punch hasn't even come out yet!

And 300 made CRAZY money.

But it's like anything else, the FACTS of the thing don't matter. Snyder has directed all flops (except 300) apparently. Nevermind his track record is probably more reliable than Bryan Singer's at an equivalent point in his career.

This is just the opening salvo, y'all.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:31 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Why should you? Why should any of us? People remember L&C. People are aware of SV. Christopher Reeve (if nothing else) is still an iconic image in peoples' minds.

Singerman? Dude, you could tell most average people that Singerman came out in 2006 and I guaranfuckingtee you their only memory of that summer is Johnny Depp in guyliner. Maybe if you showed them a TV spot, you'd jog their memories but that's about what it would take.

Why would *ANY* of us want that shit to be Superman's lasting legacy in the modern era of filmgoing? It's bullshit. If nothing else, I have confidence that Snyder will deliver a memorable Superman film... perhaps not a good Superman film (guilty until proven innocent, remember?) but it'll at least be remembered.

As opposed to bullshit Singerman, which the public forgot about the weekend after it opened.

The only "people" who WOULD are the fat girls and gay boys who have a "crush" on BJ Routh. They were never Superman fans to begin with, and it pisses me off to see them try and pretend like they were.

I gave up a while ago. Back in 2007, I figured "the sheer fact that WB wants to do a JLA movie with Superman but without Routh should just about tell you all you need to know about Singerman 2- Madame of Pleather" ever getting made. But the Apologists held on.

When the WGA strike and it was JLA that got fast-tracked, not Singerman 2, I figured they'd recognize the writing on the wall. Nope.

When Variety posted report after report that although JLA was defunct, Singerman 2 wasn't moving forward either, I guessed they'd latch on to reality. They dug in their heels.

When Younis was reduced to reporting on scam craigslist ads for Singerman 2 extras, I thought "surely the Realists aren't the only ones who will see through that." Turns out we were.

When Blandon's contract was announced as having expired, I figured the Apologists would finally hang it up. Nope, they stood their ground that, at minimum, BJ would come back.

Now, in the face of Singer's firing, Snyder being hired for the reboot and Singer's clear disinterest in anything related to the man in the cape, the Apologists have had to accept that Singerman is one-and-done.

But now? Oh now. The prognostications...

It's because NONE of them have half a brain in their heads.

You guys are right, let's start there.

Usually am....

But if anything, you guys are being conservative in limiting it only to Sucker Punch. I fully expect the Apologists to do all in their power to derail the Snyder reboot. They lost out on their little Singerman and BJ Blandon and boy'ish-looking Lois and I truly believe they'll be out for blood.

You think they bash on SV? Folks, my prediction is that their treatment of SV will look like a motherfucking VACATION compared to the treatment the Snyder reboot will get (irrespective of whether or not toxic remarks are valid).

The irony here is that it's just a matter of time until Younis whores himself out to Cruel and Unusual Films (Snyder's production company). When he does that, if he wants to protect that "relationship", he'll have no choice but to ban the very Apologists from which he's made his living these past several years.

I mean, call me crazy but I suspect his masters probably don't want to see non-stop toxic remarks about a Superman film that a *LOT* is riding on. Think about that for a minute. The irony of him banning his little gang of Apologist Hitler Youths to protect the new franchise is just killer.

Even so, this one's for all the marbles, gang. If the Snyder movie doesn't work out, I honestly don't know that we'll ever see another Superman film (unless someone somehow finagles another Salkindesque negative pickup deal).

The Apologists KNOW there's blood in the water, and they've got nothing to lose by sinking this ship because they're fucked either way.

Sucker Punch is just the beginning. This is the appetizer. Just wait until more stuff about the new movie starts getting out there. That's when the REAL bloodbath is going to happen.

Want to know the difference between us and "them"? We showed that we were MORE than just fans of a certain movie, or a certain "actor". We were SUPERMAN FANS, and we were PISSED.

The Apologists just don't have the commitment, knowledge, or passion to be taken seriously. They will make highly moronic comments, show a lack of understanding of anything Superman, and will generally make asshole's of themselves. No one will take them seriously, and no one will care.

Now if Snyder starts making decisions that those of us on the "winning side" don't like, THEN there will be problems. Big one's.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:59 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Something else I forgot. I read somewhere some Apologist whining that Snyder's not had any real hits if you take 300 off the table.

According to Wikipedia, he's directed five films (including Sucker Punch).

Sucker Punch hasn't come out yet. Dawn of the Dead performed at or above expectations, esp given the rating and subject matter. Legend of the Guardians was, indeed, a failure. Watchmen had niche content, a long runtime and an R-rating so I'd excuse the low numbers there; this was NEVER going to do tentpole business (hence the release window it had). Sucker Punch hasn't even come out yet!

And 300 made CRAZY money.

But it's like anything else, the FACTS of the thing don't matter. Snyder has directed all flops (except 300) apparently. Nevermind his track record is probably more reliable than Bryan Singer's at an equivalent point in his career.

This is just the opening salvo, y'all.

Let's take a look at a few numbers, shall we?

Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Production Budget: $26 million
Domestic: $59,020,957
Foreign: $43,335,424
Worldwide: $102,356,381

That is just about four times it's production budget. Guess what it takes to be considered a "hit" in HollyWeird? Making three times your production budget.

Hit #1 for Snyder.

300 (2007)
Production Budget: $65 million
Domestic: $210,614,939
Foreign: $245,453,242
Worldwide: $456,068,181

Nothing more needs to be said.

Massive Hit #2

Actually, I will say THIS too: US DVD Sales: $261,384,581

Damn.

Watchmen (2009)
Production Budget: $130 million
Domestic: $107,509,799
Foreign: $77,749,184
Worldwide: $185,258,983

Is it a flop? I guess you can consider it that.

Flop #1

Legend of the Guardians (2010)
Production Budget: $80 million
Domestic: $55,675,313
Foreign: $84,372,924
Worldwide: $140,048,237

Is it a flop? Not necessarily. It almost doubled it's production cost. A disappointment? Sure.

Disappointment #1

All in all, this is the final tally:

Massive Hits: 1
Hits: 1
Disappointments: 1
Flops: 1

Kind of changes things when you look at hard numbers, doesn't it?

And just for those making that claim, let's take a look at Singer's "biggest" hit:

X-Men (2000)
Production Budget: $75 million
Domestic: $157,299,717
Foreign: $139,039,810
Worldwide: $296,339,527

That is 3.9 times it's production budget, beating out X2 at 3.7.

300 made SEVEN TIMES it's production budget, plus another FOUR TIMES on DVD sales alone! As it stands, Snyder has delivered the biggest hit between the two, and it's not even close.

What has BS done lately again?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:49 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:300 made SEVEN TIMES it's production budget, plus another FOUR TIMES on DVD sales alone! As it stands, Snyder has delivered the biggest hit between the two, and it's not even close.

What has BS done lately again?
Valkyrie is pretty much it as far as I know. What are those numbers like?

Production Budget: $75 million (although part of me wants to question this... and Variety is with me on that one, speculating closer to $100 mill but whatever)
Domestic: $83,077,833
Foreign: $117,198,951
Worldwide: $200,276,784
Source- http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=valkyrie.htm

If all you look at is the worldwide figure, the numbers look okay. But there's more to it than that. There always is. The American box office is nothing to write home about. Basically the movie exceeded the production budget by a very slim margin. Let's not break out the champagne just yet, y'know what I mean?

Things are a little bit better in foreign sales... but the movie had a very European-flavored cast (Stamp, Brannagh, Nighy, Izzard, etc) so it'd be really embarrassing if it didn't do AT LEAST these numbers.

What about DVD sales?

Valkyrie DVD Sales: $26,887,033

Just to put that in perspective...

Curious Case of Benjamin Button DVD Sales: $43,136,707
Bedtime Stories DVD Sales: $50,608,504
Slumdog Millionaire DVD Sales: $33,033,913

My personal favorite?

The Spirit DVD Sales: $19,794,583

So Valkyrie just barely outsold one of the most reviled movies of that year? Way to knock 'em dead, Singer!

As it goes for your other franchises...

[Singerman] DVD Sales: $81,592,342
The Dark Knight DVD Sales: $254,878,167 (in other words, TDK could've done half the box office and STILL cleaned up)
Iron Man DVD Sales: $172,214,717
Iron Man 2 DVD Sales: $115,388,635
Spider-Man 3 DVD Sales: $124,103,121 (and most people would tell you this movie wasn't all it could've been in terms of quality)
Harry Potter/Half-Blood Prince DVD Sales: $111,958,148
Incredible Hulk DVD Sales: $58,628,296
Watchmen DVD Sales: $52,588,146
Fantastic Four II DVD Sales: $62,306,890

So let's summarize, shall we? By way of comparison, we can see that Singerman barely outsold films that are generally regarded to be box office disappointments and, of course, got the shit hammered out of it by REAL performers in the theatrical and home video markets.

That's what we know for sure... but keep in mind, Singerman's DVD sales are likely inflated due to the movie's inclusion in the 14-DVD monolith set. Who's to say what the actual figures would've been but for it being included in that mega set? Would Singerman have shifted fewer units had it relied upon a strictly standalone release like a lot of the above films had to do? You kind of have to assume the Singerman DVD numbers would've gone down at least a little. Which, of course, only makes it worse.

Bottomline? With or without the 14-DVD set behind it, the fact that Singerman just barely outsold Fantastic Four 2 is really nothing to brag about, if you ask me.

I couldn't find numbers for Batman Begins and other films or else I would've tossed those in as well because you KNOW they'd only make Singerman look even worse!

But as I was cruising around, I found this...

Smallville Season 6 DVD Sales- 229,000 sold/$10,296,573. At first, I thought that was a little disappointing... until I realized I'd found SALES FOR THE FIRST WEEK. I am too lazy to find figures for ensuing weeks but I'd estimate (based on nothing, really) sales somewhere in the $15 million mark DURING THE FIRST MONTH. Who knows about other months or, for that matter, sales for other seasons.

Bottomline? Singerman is, was and will always be an EMBARRASSMENT.

(all my DVD sales figures come from the-numbers.com)
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:33 am

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 2 128926846934928466
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:11 am

Fascinating reading, thanks all.

...and I think you're onto something Colors. Smallville is a HUGE seller. Massive on sell through and itunes. It simply would not still be here on TV ratings alone. I'm sure they'd love to spin it off into something. Look at all the knock off Super hero crap on TV at the moment.....and Wonder Woman's on her way back.

'

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:24 am

Apologist Ass-Muffin wrote:#6 | ztn083 on February 28, 2011 11:05pm EST
I know it's wishful thinking but what would be the " little icing" for the fan's 10 years payoff of Smallville, to have Brandon Routh come on to Smallville as Bruce Wayne. This would be killing two birds with one stone sort of speak. Since it's confirmed from last Friday's episode of Smallville that Bruce Wayne does exist in the DC Smallville universe. And Brandon Routh is the only "Superman" actor that has yet to appear on Smallville. This would be an excellent opportunity to jump on this idea. Since they got Teri Hatcher, Michael Rosenbaum to appear on Smallville. I think Brandon Routh is a nice guy to do it for his fans. I don't know....I think TPTB should call Brandon's Agent.

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9335#comments

Knowing that Blandon will never stink up another Superman property again, posts like the above make me deleriously happy. Smile
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:44 pm

Amazing, after Ruth put Superman back ten years, somebody wants him to taint Batman too? Jeezus!

There's a very good reason he's the only Superman not wanted by Smallville.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:35 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist Ass-Muffin wrote:#6 | ztn083 on February 28, 2011 11:05pm EST
I know it's wishful thinking but what would be the " little icing" for the fan's 10 years payoff of Smallville, to have Brandon Routh come on to Smallville as Bruce Wayne. This would be killing two birds with one stone sort of speak. Since it's confirmed from last Friday's episode of Smallville that Bruce Wayne does exist in the DC Smallville universe. And Brandon Routh is the only "Superman" actor that has yet to appear on Smallville. This would be an excellent opportunity to jump on this idea. Since they got Teri Hatcher, Michael Rosenbaum to appear on Smallville. I think Brandon Routh is a nice guy to do it for his fans. I don't know....I think TPTB should call Brandon's Agent.

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9335#comments

Knowing that Blandon will never stink up another Superman property again, posts like the above make me deleriously happy. Smile

Pretty much like I said. They will make asinine "casting" suggestions for that no-talent plank of wood, saying he "deserves it" or as a "settlement". Never mind the FACT that Hollyweird has turned it's back on his stupid ass.

I hear his new piece of shit "Dylan Does Dog's" is going to be in a few theaters in April. Anyone want to place bets that it flops HARD?

Anyone?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:20 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Pretty much like I said. They will make asinine "casting" suggestions for that no-talent plank of wood, saying he "deserves it" or as a "settlement". Never mind the FACT that Hollyweird has turned it's back on his stupid ass.

I hear his new piece of shit "Dylan Does Dog's" is going to be in a few theaters in April. Anyone want to place bets that it flops HARD?

Anyone?
I heard that. I'm actually kind of upset about that.

Hear me out.

If that Dylan Dog thing were to get a wide release, we'd FINALLY have BJ Blandon having to cut it in a movie where he's the bona fide headliner (something I don't think you can really say about even Singerman). If he's the mega talented actor, surely this would be a huge opportunity for him, right? However... you and I know both know that giving that turd a wide release would FINALLY put the lie to that guy's "talent".

Since it'll be a limited release (a statement from the parent studio all by itself, if you ask me), the Apologists have yet another excuse to account for the movie's inevitable failure. They should be thanking their lucky stars.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:42 am

Shit, how long has Dylan Dog been coming for now? I remember the apologists celebrating that off the back of Singerman.

Christ, Ruth has had enough opportunities and just hasn't cut it in any of them.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:38 am

I am a bit surprised its getting a theatical release. With that drool being delayed for a long time. Thought if it came it would have. Een a direct to video release. I bet it probably will bomb.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:47 pm

I believe this fits in with the direction this thread is heading:

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 2 Motiva10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:17 pm

Haha so true
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:48 am

What's one major problem Apologists have with Diane Lane being cast as Martha Kent? Well. Why not let them speak for themselves?

Apologist Dillhole wrote:#8 | mindhavens on March 3, 2011 4:40am EST
Is it me or does she seem a bit to foxy to be Martha Kent. When I saw the pic I thought it was Lois that had been cast.

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9351#comments

And 10:1 they still wonder where their, ah, flamboyant reputations come from. I mean, you have to admit that it's an interesting "criticism" to have of a movie actress playing pretty much any role.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:18 am

Look at comment 16 for a laugh
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:06 pm

This is so pathetically COMICAL that I had to post it here:

#59 | neal bailey on March 3, 2011 1:32pm EST
Baiting, trolling, and then talking back at a mod about how wrong his FINAL warning is. For reference, folks, the perfect way to achieve a ban!

Hammer down.

And now, back to your regular scheduled debate. Sigh. And for the record folks, I really don't enjoy doing this. When you force our hand, though (like above), we have to ban.

Hammer down? Really Dragon Breath? What an insufferable, closeted douchebag that piece of dogshit is.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:55 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:This is so pathetically COMICAL that I had to post it here:

#59 | neal bailey on March 3, 2011 1:32pm EST
Baiting, trolling, and then talking back at a mod about how wrong his FINAL warning is. For reference, folks, the perfect way to achieve a ban!

Hammer down.

And now, back to your regular scheduled debate. Sigh. And for the record folks, I really don't enjoy doing this. When you force our hand, though (like above), we have to ban.

Hammer down? Really Dragon Breath? What an insufferable, closeted douchebag that piece of dogshit is.

Hammer down? Ha! I haven't heard that since the CB radio days!

Doesn't enjoy doing this? F*ck off.....what else is Bailey going to do? Dig a hole?

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum