Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials

Post  James Stocks Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:42 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Hope nobody doesn't mind me putting this up! Because quite frankly, I find it amusing to compare Cavill with Routh for some reason.

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials - Page 2 Cavill10

As Thor would say, "tiny".
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials - Page 2 Empty Re: 'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:39 pm

non_amos wrote:So besides the trunks being gone, why this color scheme?

My guess is that their going for a color scheme (Which I believe is electric blue) that could shine in terms of lightening, as you mention about Dean Cain's suit which also has an electric blue to it that one kind of shines also when looked upon at a closer inspection.
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:41 pm

James Stocks wrote:More emphasis on Smallville, I didn't know it was gonna play a big role.
A lot of people have at least heard of the show even if they didn't see an episode. Could be simple marketing.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:51 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
James Stocks wrote:More emphasis on Smallville, I didn't know it was gonna play a big role.
A lot of people have at least heard of the show even if they didn't see an episode. Could be simple marketing.

Probably, brand recognition. Well, I look forward to seeing some action in that location. Closest the films ever came to that was when he saved the chemical plant in one movie.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:45 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Hope nobody doesn't mind me putting this up! Because quite frankly, I find it amusing to compare Cavill with Routh for some reason.

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials - Page 2 Cavill10

To be fair, and you KNOW I hate "defending" BJ, but that's a CGI version of Singerman.

But, it was made to look just like him. So he still sucks.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:49 pm

Here's a better one:

BJ Routh, trying to look "pissed off" and "intimidating":

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials - Page 2 Superman1

And failing.

Cavill, just looking "intense":

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials - Page 2 Md4w0b10

'Nuff said.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:01 pm

non_amos wrote:I think it's a known fact that I don't like the Singerman suit. The only thing I did like about the color scheme was that the blue in the suit was very similar to what Christopher Reeve wore. It may have been a tad darker but other than that I like that blue color scheme for a Superman suit. The Singerman suit obviously fails for other reasons, BJ being one of them. But I have to wonder, why didn't Snyder use the same blue color scheme? I mean, forget Singerman for the moment, think 'the big picture'. Reeve wore a similar blue color. So did George Reeves, at least when it was in color & not black & white. Ditto for the Superboy TV series. Hey, even likewise for the comics more or less. Besides Cavill I think the only one who stands out with a different blue color scheme is Dean Cain which if I'm not mistaken it got some criticism for back in the day. But Cavill's suit is even darker than that, at least it appears to be in some of the promotional materials. So besides the trunks being gone, why this color scheme?

Actually, I think it's pretty simple. They were going for a color closer to what he looked like in the comics. Maybe not CONSISTENTLY, but he DID share that shade of blue:

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials - Page 2 Supes178

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials - Page 2 Superm10

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials - Page 2 192993-128145-superman_super

So it's not uncommon for them to use the blue they ended up using. And remember, they DON'T want people picturing Reeve or *SHUDDER* BJ Routh when they are watching 'Man Of Steel'.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:26 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:To be fair, and you KNOW I hate "defending" BJ, but that's a CGI version of Singerman.

But, it was made to look just like him. So he still sucks.
Really? Looks more lively than the genuine article.

ZING!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:57 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:

So it's not uncommon for them to use the blue they ended up using. And remember, they DON'T want people picturing Reeve or *SHUDDER* BJ Routh when they are watching 'Man Of Steel'.

I can buy that. Hadn't really looked at it like that until now but yeah, they definitely want to distance themselves from previous incarnations with Singerman being chief. And even with all due respect to Reeve, Cavill deserves his chance 'in the sun' as they say.

non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue May 07, 2013 3:50 pm

New banners, backgrounds and cellphone wallpapers:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/USSENTERPRISE/news/?a=79045
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat May 18, 2013 5:13 pm

New banners:

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials - Page 2 Zodban10
'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials - Page 2 Supesb10
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:42 pm

Lots of new footage and clarification on some plot points. If you want more of Snyder's version of Krypton, this is the trailer for you.

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:33 am

I saw that today before I went to work. However, I really saw something tonight. Henry Cavill was on Jay Leno's show which I very nearly forgot about until my wife questioned me about what was going on so yeah, I definitely had to check it out. Not disappointed! They showed a totally awesome clip of Superman fighting Zod in what I'm sure was Smallville. It freakin' rocked man! Superman was really laying the Smackdown on Zod! The FX were just unreal! I don't think it revealed too much plot points but if you haven't seen it then check out the show online or via your cable's playback whatever. All it'll do is get you pumped even more!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:43 am

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Oh, you mean this? Very Happy

thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:49 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I have no idea what you're talking about.

Oh, you mean this? Very Happy

Yeah, that. But how did you get it so quickly? I remember the first time Cavill was on there after getting the role but The Immortals was coming up I believe. I couldn't find the clip anywhere to post on here, not even Youtube & I did like an immediate search. I remember AP stating that it would eventually be on here but I don't believe I ever saw it here. But you got this latest clip immediately. How?! Did they allow it on Youtube as part of the publicity?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:53 am

Just searched YouTube and, based on the fact that you said it was tonight's episode, filtered the results to shit that was loaded up today. My guess is some big Superman fan DVR'ed the episode and uploaded the relevant stuff to YouTube. I further surmise he did his work in quite a rush because the video quality isn't everything it could be. I suspect we'll see a better source in due time.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:04 am

It can probably be viewed on Hulu or any number of those type of sites at least in the next 24 hours or less in HD quality. I just can't hardly wait for the movie!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2