Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials Empty 'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:30 pm

Keep all magazine scans, toy packaging, theater promo's, 7-11 tie-in's, fast food promotions in here. Too much stuff spread across too many threads.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials Empty Re: 'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:34 pm

Here's some movie theater cups/popcorn tubs and whatnot:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=75904

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials Papercubs

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials Drinkingpackagingproduc

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials Charactertopper2

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials Papertubs

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials Popcornpackaging
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials Empty Re: 'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials

Post  non_amos Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:23 pm

It's good to see that this time Superman looks like a man, not an effeminate SINGERMAN. Let's hope that spills over into box office & merchandising as well.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Other websites are stating that the 'Man Of Steel' t-shirts from Hot Topic go on sale Monday the 25th. But I ordered two today.

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Apparel/TShirts/Graphic//DC+Comics+Superman+Man+Of+Steel+Logo+T-Shirt-10004008.jsp

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials MOSshirt_blog

They're $24.50, but you buy one and get a second for $10. Pretty sweet deal.........
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:24 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:They're $24.50, but you buy one and get a second for $10. Pretty sweet deal.........
And it's a pretty cool shirt.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:06 am

What gets me is that Superman T-shirts have always been popular even when the film series was flopping & TV was a bust at the time. And even in spite of Batman's popularity you'd still see the 'S'! I predict that THE MAN OF STEEL will be a huge hit & it will make Superman popular again for a change. Bat who?! I also expect this will spill over into merchandising including T-shirts. As for Supes being popular again, this ain't no Singerman. That wasn't really received by the masses & between Singer & BJ it made Superman look like a wuss even more & very nearly destroyed the franchise. Burt here's what I expect with MOS. For one Henry Cavill ain't BJ. I think his portrayal will be masculine enough to appeal the the masses. The action in the film will no doubt be a selling point as well & expect Michael Shannon to 'steal the show' so to speak but I still want Superman to be the star. And one more thing. I know we don't like the lack of trunks. However, there's gonna be a huge segment of the public that will embrace it. Regrettable as far as the trunks are concerned but a win for Superman nevertheless.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:26 pm

non_amos wrote:What gets me is that Superman T-shirts have always been popular even when the film series was flopping & TV was a bust at the time.
Absolutely. People tend to forget that. Remember when it first became a ubiquitous fashion thing by the late 90's? My theory is that people wanted stuff like that for years but WB never put the merch out there to support them until then. But there had been a lot of affection for Superman for decades by then. For whatever reason, it took that long for WB to start treating and marketing Superman the way Disney did Mickey Mouse.

non_amos wrote:And even in spite of Batman's popularity you'd still see the 'S'! I predict that THE MAN OF STEEL will be a huge hit & it will make Superman popular again for a change.
I think people are eager to embrace Superman. However...

non_amos wrote:As for Supes being popular again, this ain't no Singerman. That wasn't really received by the masses & between Singer & BJ it made Superman look like a wuss even more
However, they need a Superman they can love and believe in. Singerman ain't gonna cut it.

non_amos wrote:& very nearly destroyed the franchise.
Did destroy the franchise. After all, there were no sequels to that, were there?

non_amos wrote:Burt here's what I expect with MOS. For one Henry Cavill ain't BJ. I think his portrayal will be masculine enough to appeal the the masses. The action in the film will no doubt be a selling point as well & expect Michael Shannon to 'steal the show' so to speak but I still want Superman to be the star. And one more thing. I know we don't like the lack of trunks. However, there's gonna be a huge segment of the public that will embrace it. Regrettable as far as the trunks are concerned but a win for Superman nevertheless.
For better or for worse, I suspect MOS will be a referendum on Superman. We'll find out how the public really feels about him. Singerman won't be a factor. People forgot about Singerman after opening weekend. There's no good will or ill will there. In some ways, that's a bigger indictment than if it had been universally reviled because at least then people still care. But apathy? That's the ultimate insult. When nobody gives a shit about your movie, you know you made a dud. Singerman? Major dud. The public just forgot about it. MOS will be what tells the tale. And I sure hope you're right about all this. I don't identify with much of anything going on in America anymore so if this is gone too... well, I'm not sure how I'd handle it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:36 pm

Got my shirts today. The blue is a darker shade than what is shown, and the "S" is made out of a slightly raised texture.

I like 'em.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:39 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Got my shirts today. The blue is a darker shade than what is shown, and the "S" is made out of a slightly raised texture.

I like 'em.
So you're saying this is an improvement over that horrid Singerman shirt? Gee, why am I not surprised?

I'll have to pick one up once the financial situation changes for the better.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:50 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:So you're saying this is an improvement over that horrid Singerman shirt? Gee, why am I not surprised?

Trust me, the buy one get one for $10 deal is a good one, and very worth it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:19 am

April is almost here. With only 2.5 months away methinks duh brothers better start cranking up the marketing machine 120%. Screw that Nolan secrecy crap! Happy
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:24 pm

Just an FYI, but those Hot Topic shirts run SUPER small. Like, 2 sizes smaller than what the tag says.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:41 pm

New promo posters for 'MOS':

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=77748

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials BfM7fP9

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials OOe3IjP

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials 1mBXLEE

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials JlCZEpM

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials A7P33Wh

More HERE.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:56 am

What's up with that skull & those other skulls?! Why use TERMINATOR type of imagery? Or is it more macabre like zombies? I don't get it. The other ones look cool but this?!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:20 pm

non_amos wrote:What's up with that skull & those other skulls?! Why use TERMINATOR type of imagery? Or is it more macabre like zombies? I don't get it. The other ones look cool but this?!
Don't know about you but when I think "Superman", I think of skulls, death and other goth stuff.

Actually I don't.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Seriously, you guys too? Come on now....

I guess you happened to forget this, from the Comic Con trailer:

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials 21010

It's Superman. He's "drowning" in human skulls.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:46 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Seriously, you guys too? Come on now....

I guess you happened to forget this, from the Comic Con trailer:

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials 21010

It's Superman. He's "drowning" in human skulls.

Forgot about that. That blurry image didn't exactly make it memorable to remember though. So is this a dream he has or something? Still though, are skulls something you really want to promote a full-on Superman reboot with?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:40 pm

non_amos wrote:Forgot about that. That blurry image didn't exactly make it memorable to remember though. So is this a dream he has or something?

You asked this very same question when the Comic Con footage leaked. Funny.....

Still though, are skulls something you really want to promote a full-on Superman reboot with?

A pissed off Superman standing above skulls is fine with me. Skulls are "in" with the kids these days, didn't you know that?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:28 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Got my shirts today. The blue is a darker shade than what is shown, and the "S" is made out of a slightly raised texture.

I like 'em.
thecolorsblend wrote:So you're saying this is an improvement over that horrid Singerman shirt? Gee, why am I not surprised?

Apologist Puncher wrote:Trust me, the buy one get one for $10 deal is a good one, and very worth it.
Apologist Puncher wrote:Just an FYI, but those Hot Topic shirts run SUPER small. Like, 2 sizes smaller than what the tag says.
Picked up two shirts. A medium for me and a small for my g/f. Something is definitely off-kilter with these shirts. Seems like a good fit in the sleeves, shoulders and torso but the length of the shirt... either I'm shorter than a "medium" should be or the shirt is longer than a "medium" should be. Pick one. But aside from the length of it coming past the zipper of my jeans, it's fine. And even that is kind of a nitpick. The shirt seems like it's made of decent materials so it'll probably last a while. Another thing is that somebody spent some time on the design philosophy of the shirt since the coloring and texturing of it make it work pretty well as a shirt.

You compare this to the Singerman shirt (which I've seen up close on many occasions but obviously don't own), which is basically a blue shirt with that awful Singerman logo stamped on it. That's it! Nobody wanted to put in the effort of making something that works as anything other than fucking marketing for that movie. From what I remember, that piece of crap is a step away from an iron-on emblem. Just looked CHEAP. This MOS shirt? Totally different philosophy. It's recognizably Superman but it's not just the MOS logo pressed onto a shirt. Some thought went into it. I dare say the chest emblem is of a much better quality in terms of texture and coloring than the promo photos would suggest. You don't really get a decent sense of what the shirt is all about until you actually see it up close.

Anyway. All this to say that the shirt is definitely worth picking up.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:12 pm

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials Mos-empire-cover-superman

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials Mos-empire-cover-zod
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:23 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=78027

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials 9fi26410

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials Wgmiiq10

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials Md4w0b10

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials Foss9910

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials Kseexr10

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials Cp1nzs10

More at the link.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials Md4w0b10
This pic screams Superman to me.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:49 am

More emphasis on Smallville, I didn't know it was gonna play a big role. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I might have been a bit bothered by the lack of red trunks but this new suit has been growing on me. I would prefer brighter colors but I'm really liking the design. It's also nice to have a proper cape. "Regal" is the correct word.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:27 am

Hope nobody doesn't mind me putting this up! Because quite frankly, I find it amusing to compare Cavill with Routh for some reason.

'Man Of Steel' Promotional Materials Cavill10
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:26 am

I think it's a known fact that I don't like the Singerman suit. The only thing I did like about the color scheme was that the blue in the suit was very similar to what Christopher Reeve wore. It may have been a tad darker but other than that I like that blue color scheme for a Superman suit. The Singerman suit obviously fails for other reasons, BJ being one of them. But I have to wonder, why didn't Snyder use the same blue color scheme? I mean, forget Singerman for the moment, think 'the big picture'. Reeve wore a similar blue color. So did George Reeves, at least when it was in color & not black & white. Ditto for the Superboy TV series. Hey, even likewise for the comics more or less. Besides Cavill I think the only one who stands out with a different blue color scheme is Dean Cain which if I'm not mistaken it got some criticism for back in the day. But Cavill's suit is even darker than that, at least it appears to be in some of the promotional materials. So besides the trunks being gone, why this color scheme?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next