Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Iron Man 3' News Thread

5 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: 'Iron Man 3' News Thread

Post  webhead2006 Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:33 pm

RDJ had a minor injury on IM3 set:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=65793
IRON MAN 3 Filming Comes To A Halt After Robert Downey Jr. Is Injured During A Stunt

Don't worry,it's nothing too serious and definitely won't alter the release date of Iron Man 3! During filming of a stunt scene in Wilmington,North Carolina,Robert Downey Jr. sustained a minor injury which has resulted in production being temporarily delayed. Read on for details! Josh Wilding - 8/15/2012

Don't panic Iron Man fans! The brilliant Robert Downey Jr. is perfectly fine and there's certainly no reason to think that the release of Iron Man 3 will be at all affected by this news. SuperHero Hype received the following statement from Marvel Studios today telling them that production has been slightly delayed after the actor suffered an ankle injury during a the filming of a stunt scene for the Shane Black helmed flick.

Robert Downey Jr. sustained an ankle injury on the set of Iron Man 3 in Wilmington, North Carolina while performing a stunt. There will be a short delay in the production schedule while he recuperates.

At the San Diego Comic-Con last month, Downey actually revealed that he pushed to be involved in as many stunts as possible in this third instalment of the franchise, and a few photos andvideoss posted here on CBM have shown just how extreme some of them have been so far. Get well soon Robert.
Good to hear it was something minor and nothing to bad.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Rebecca hall comments on her IM3 role:
http://www.etonline.com/movies/124297_Rebecca_Hall_Talks_The_Awakening/
ETonline: Perhaps you were too prepared -- maybe once you've let your guard down, a ghost will embody the Iron Man suit and just start walking around set! Hall: Exactly! [laughs] I can't really see that happening, but I'd love to.

ETonline: What was the experience like going from the small production on The Awakening to something massive, like Iron Man 3? Hall: I decided to do Iron Man 3 because I've never done the "Hurry Up And Wait" movie before. Even the studio movies I've done have been small studio movies, or indie films that we made on a wing and a prayer. I love those, but Iron Man is refreshing in a way because it's something out of my realm of experiences.

FIRST LOOK - IRON MAN 3

ETonline: The Iron Man franchise tends to craft strong female characters. Is your character, Maya Hansen, cut from the same cloth? Hall: She is. Yea. But I can't possibly tell you more without giving something big away.

ETonline: Have you adjusted to that yet? The secrecy surrounding promoting a big picture? Hall: It's really weird. I don't quite know what to say or what not to say.

I'm guaranteed to put my foot in it at some point. [laughs]
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:34 pm

Guy Pearce talks a little about 'Iron Man 3', and 'Daredevil':

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=66539

Promoting the recently released prohibition-era gangster film, Lawless, Australian actor Guy Pearce made it a priority not to discuss the other anticipated film he's been working on, Marvel's Shane Black-directed third Iron Man installment. However, while speaking with Vulture, the Prometheus actor offered a few tidbits. When the New York blog brought up Pearce once turning down the titular role in Daredevil, he responded:

“The thing about Daredevil was that it was the role of Daredevil [that I didn't want to do]. Certainly in those days ... it was ten years ago. I've probably loosened up, and I feel a little more experimental in what I'll take on these days, but I still don't know that I would want to play the superhero myself, since I'm playing a different kind of character in this film. And I think that, based on the first two movies, there's a great chemistry between Robert [Downey Jr.] and Gwyneth [Paltrow], and I just think the films have a fun, joyful sort of quality about them. I've just enjoyed them. So I just felt like I wanted to be a part of this.

The main difference [from filming big tentpoles] was that, when I did The Time Machine, I was pretty much in all of it, so it was a really grueling experience. Prometheus and Iron Man are really kind of cameo stuff, so the experience of shooting them ... I mean, on some level, it's tricky because you feel like a bit of an outsider. You don’t really live the experience that you do when you're there all day every day with everybody. But at the same time, it can be more fun sometimes because you're just working in concentrated spurts.”
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:57 am

Nice little interview from guy. Can't wait to see how his character in the film turns out.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:45 pm

Radioactive man in iron man 3 and actor now playing him:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=66722
Wang Xueqi Joining IRON MAN 3 As Radioactive Man?

Seemingly serving as a replacement for Hong Kong singer/actor Andy Lau,Chinese actor Wang Xueqi has reportedly joined the cast of Iron Man 3,filling the role of Chen Lu, Radioactive Man DCMarvelFreshman - 9/3/2012

First spotted over at Comic Book, a last-minute addition to the ensemble cast of Marvel's Shane Black-directed third Iron Man installment has been revealed. After being snapped in a photo with the film's chief producer, sources from the Chinese actor's camp and Mtime.com can confirm that it's Wang Xueqi who's joining the film.

The site reports that the 66-year-old actor will portray Chen Lu, who was a scientist before becoming the villain known as Radioactive Man. In the comics, he was often employed by The Mandarin, played by Sir Ben Kingsley.

While not reported, Hong Kong singer/actor Andy Lau was originally up for Xueqi's role, which was described as an ally of Tony Stark. However, Lau had to drop the role wanting to spend time with his family. It's also worth noting that Chen Lu is said to feature in the post-credits scene of Iron Man 3, which will set up Edgar Wright's fourthcoming Ant-Man movie. Anyhow, it seems we can expect a trailer next month. What do you think?
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:06 pm

Another armor to appear in im3:
http://latino-review.com/2012/09/04/iron-man-3-exclusive-mach-xlvii-armor/
IRON MAN 3 EXCLUSIVE: Mark XLVII Armor

Posted on 9.4.12 by Da7e

Hello Marvelites!

Tony Stark is a tech geek engineer at heart, tirelessly labeling his creations and poking at weak spots to find improvements. In the films, Robert Downey Jr. always seems to have a secret new toy up his sleeve, right up to ‘Iron Man 3’s’ Extremis-enhanced abilities to control his armor. So it shouldn’t surprise anyone that there’s more to ‘Iron Man 3′s’ tech than we expected.

Marvel was happy to show off concept art of the suit being used as just a single repulsor glove, then let Robert Downey Jr do a little Comic Con dance with the actual prop on as new armor sat on rotating display in Hall H. You’ve seen pictures by now. A muted, almost cream colored gold has replaced the bold yellow of the previous suits. It was displayed with the other armors behind it in order. There was the bulky silver Mark I, the stainless steel Mark II (destined to become war Machine), The deep red and gold Mark III (the suit used at the end of the first movie), the square shouldered Mark IV (with a removeable helmet from the beginning of IM2), the silver-plated suitcase Mark V, the triangle-chested Mark VI, and the Chitauri-fighting Mark VII. Seven versions over three films.

We’ve already seen War Machine’s new upgrade into the Iron Patriot armor and gotten many 3D Comic-Con looks at the new armor: MACH XLVII (47). Yes, the armor we’ve seen is not Mark VIII, the eighth armor, but the forty-seventh armor.

[BEGIN SPOILERS]

Spoiler:

[END SPOILERS]

Shane Black and ‘Iron Man 3’ are going big. Get psyched.

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : WHY would you not put SPOILERS in SPOILER TAGS??)
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:47 pm

Link not working again but probably because you left the 'L' out of Latino. cyclops
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:25 pm

Fixed the link
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:54 pm

If you can't post spoilers in spoiler tags, you better hold off posting until you CAN.

Consider this a warning.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:35 am

Sorry ap, will do next time.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:07 am

Some artwork for mark 47 armor:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=66972
Spoiler:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:03 pm

Iron man 3 filming news:
http://superherohype.com/news/articles/172635-filming-for-iron-man-3-moving-to-greater-fort-lauderdale
Filming for Iron Man 3 Moving to Greater Fort Lauderdale by SuperHeroHype September 12, 2012 Share this story

Filming is winding down in Wilmington, N.C.

With filming winding down in Wilmington, N.C., the Iron Man 3 production will soon be moving to Florida. Great Fort Lauderdale (via On Location Vacations) has announced that the cast and crew will begin arriving on October 1st:

Greater Fort Lauderdale is on the alert for an extraordinary group of visitors from Marvel Studios, including an invincible super hero. Broward County will welcome cast and production crew beginning Oct. 1 for the third and final installment in the solo superhero saga “Iron Man 3.” The Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Office of Film & Entertainment announcement of the blockbuster production will include locations in Broward County’s Dania Beach, and other neighboring South Florida communities.

"We have had two very exciting back to back years of major film production in Greater Fort Lauderdale – we rocked with 'Rock of Ages' last summer with Tom Cruise, Russell Brand and Alec Baldwin. Now we have the marvelous Marvel comic book hero," said Noelle Stevenson, Film Commissioner, Broward Office of Film & Entertainment. The 'Iron Man 3' cast includes Robert Downey Jr., Guy Pearce, Gwyneth Paltrow, Ben Kingsley, Rebecca Hall, Don Cheadle, and Jon Favreau. "Of significance is that the filmmakers can conveniently shoot a variety of landscapes here, from city skyline to 23 miles of pristine sun-splashed beaches to nature unleashed in the Everglades," Stevenson noted.

Greater Fort Lauderdale's campaign to showcase its production-friendly attributes is paying off with the attraction of millions of dollars of film, TV, commercials, print and music video work. The county provides impressive added value and incentives to keep productions on target and on budget, including no permit fees, dedicated film-friendly hotels and community, professional studio and production offices, and the Preferred Production Pass (P3) which offers special values at area attractions, restaurants and film and entertainment vendors.

Besides the production-friendly attributes, Broward County is known for unique and diverse locations that will set the tone for any movie’s genre. Production companies looking for scenes that capture the Old West or a bright lit downtown skyline or a mountainous scene using the 225-foot high landfill site, Monarch Hill Renewable Energy Park, or an urban tropical island-setting or even the Australian Outback thanks to the Everglades. Greater Fort Lauderdale captures the world's most known locations in one spot.

"These uncommon features are an enormous advantage for production companies who film in Greater Fort Lauderdale," said Nicki E. Grossman, president of the Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau. "The money and time saving aspects are all imperative in measuring the success of a film project and it's what keeps our roster of productions growing."

Recent film, TV and music projects in Broward include indie films and features such as "Rock of Ages," Tony Bennett and Sony Music CD Project "Latin Duets," A&E's TV drama "The Glades," USA's "Burn Notice," Starz's "Magic City," ABC's "Charlie's Angels" and VH1's "Tough Love," among others.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:34 pm

Iron man 3 trailer coming soon:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MovieManiac/news/?a=67212
IRON MAN 3 Trailer Coming Soon?

Iron Man 3 doesn't hit theaters until May 3,2013 and filming is still underway but could we be close to seeing the first trailer for the film? MovieManiac - 9/14/2012

On Tuesday, The Avengers Facebook page in the UK offered fans the chance to sign up for tickets to a screening of extras from the upcoming Avengers Blu-Ray and DVD. It was also teased that there might be a surprise extra bonus.

At the event that was held at the Disney offices in London yesterday, fans got to see the very first Iron Man 3 Theatrical Trailer.

Attendees described the Iron Man 3 trailer as being similar to the Iron Man 3 footage shown at Comic-Con but a little bit different. It apparently did not match the rumored description of an Iron Man 3 trailer that surfaced several weeks back.

Here's a short description:

The Iron Man 3 trailer showed Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin, Tony Stark’s Malibu mansion getting blown up, and the Iron Man extremis suit. Attendees described the trailer as being mind blowing, very dark, and amazing.

The Avengers DVD/Blu-Ray will be available to purchase in the UK on Monday, September 17th and on September 25th in th US. Iron Man 3 is scheduled to be released in theaters on May 3, 2013.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:23 am

"Iron Patriot" and "Mark XLVII" armor:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=68086

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 5 Article2211488154cb6ff0

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 5 Article2211488154cb51a0

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 5 Tumblrmb8p4yxykl1qa5fz0
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:46 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 5 Article2211488154cb6ff0
Saw somebody post this on facebook a while ago. At a glance, at first it looked like Cap was going to have a cameo or something in the movie. I thought that'd be a good way to keep the Avengers connection alive until the next one comes along.

I continue to not like the Mark XLVII armor. The color scheme just looks flipped to me. The scarlet parts should be gold and the gold parts scarlet. To me, the underlying color of Iron Man is red. You can have accents in whatever other color you want but red needs to be the dominating color. And with the Mark XLVII, it isn't.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:25 pm

Some nicce images from filming. I too agree the new I'm armor would look ten times better with colors switched. And waar machine/iron patroit looks nice. Still curious to see if the patriot name is indeed being used. Or like it was reported back its just war machine with a patriotism color scheme for plot in the film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:13 pm

Remember in the "We Need Some Movie News" thread, I said the Bros. Warner waited too long, and will have to face promo stuff from both 'Iron Man 3' and 'Thor: Dark World'? Well, it's started:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=69059

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 5 233554MLyG7qF6

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 5 23370Rr6h6k6z

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=69080

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 5 233814JovCiaN0

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=69063

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 5 IronMan3OfficialStill

Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) is left to survey the damage caused when the Mandarin attacks Tony in a very personal manner in Iron Man 3. Kevin Feige goes on to reiterate early statements that Tony is going to be 'stripped' down back to bare essentials like he was in the cave in the first Iron Man movie.

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 5 IronMan3OfficialStill_2

The connection between Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) and Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) began in the two previous Iron Man movies and grew even more in The Avengers, and the new film will be filled with trials and tribulations that will bring them closer together, Feige says. "That's one of the things we love about (Tony). It is not a new girl in every film. Pepper Potts is an incredibly important part of his life and his evolution as a hero. She plays a very big part in this film."

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 5 IronMan3OfficialStill_3

"The goal with Iron Man 3 is to again prove that all of our single heroes are as interesting alone as they are when they're all together in an Avengers movie", says Feige.

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 5 IronMan3OfficialStill_4

Seven Iron Man suits in total have been seen in two Iron Man movies and The Avengers, but the all-new one in Iron Man 3 represents the most advanced version yet - particularly in how Tony Stark suits up. In the first movie, Tony had to stand in a gantry for five to 10 minutes to get fully armored, he had a lightweight "suitcase" suit for the second film, and in The Avengers a big coffin-sized case could fly out after him in midair and encase him in his high-tech armor. "Now we see he's invented a technology that allows him to basically have the suit arrive to him anywhere at any time, piece by piece," Feige says. "And it doesn't always work at first."

The Mandarin:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=69077

'Iron Man 3' News Thread - Page 5 2331136GIcD2Dzg

Anyone wants to doubt me when I say WB is royally fucking 'Man Of Steel' NOW?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:33 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Anyone wants to doubt me when I say WB is royally fucking 'Man Of Steel' NOW?
Six months ago, an argument could've been made. Maybe.

Now? It's not really open to debate anymore. Unless I see "I need new shorts" level output from WB, I will assume they want MOS to fail because they never wanted to make the damn thing in the first place.

If the reboot fails, we Realists can credibly argue the marketing truly was to blame. Morpheus- "Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony."
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:29 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Six months ago, an argument could've been made. Maybe.

Even then, something was smelling fishy to me.

Now? It's not really open to debate anymore. Unless I see "I need new shorts" level output from WB, I will assume they want MOS to fail because they never wanted to make the damn thing in the first place.

If I worked at the Bros. Warner, and I'm not brain-damaged enough to, I would have capitalized on the recent ruling. You know, the one that they jumped into 'Justice League' for? I would wait until around Friday, then hit the internet with some 'Man Of Steel' pics and a villain reveal. Steal some of the 'Iron Man 3' thunder, and get people talking about YOUR film going into the weekend. People get together on the weekends. Get 'MOS' into some people's brains, and let THEM market the film for you.

But alas, Friday will come & go, with nary a peep from those brain-dead fucks.

If the reboot fails, we Realists can credibly argue the marketing truly was to blame. Morpheus- "Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony."

If it fails, I think I'm done with "Superman in pop-culture" for good.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:48 pm

Some sweet new images from the film/trailer teaser.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:43 pm

I'm sure you all have seen this by now, but here it is again:

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:04 pm

Hmm, it doesn't wow me, but I'm sure the film itself will work out much better than the trailer. That's how much faith I have in Shane Black, I'm willing to bet that this will be the best Iron Man film so far. I even believe it could be better than The Avengers.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:11 pm

James Stocks wrote:Hmm, it doesn't wow me, but I'm sure the film itself will work out much better than the trailer. That's how much faith I have in Shane Black, I'm willing to bet that this will be the best Iron Man film so far. I even believe it could be better than The Avengers.
See, I was a halfass nay-sayer about IM3 until this trailer. Now I think it looks like it'll be pretty good. It's kind of funny though, I swear to remember Favreau saying they wouldn't do the Mandarin... but now here we go. Not criticizing, just saying...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next