Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Iron Man 3' News Thread

5 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

'Iron Man 3' News Thread Empty 'Iron Man 3' News Thread

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:33 pm

Post all news regarding 2013's 'Iron Man 3' here.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

'Iron Man 3' News Thread Empty Re: 'Iron Man 3' News Thread

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:35 pm

http://latino-review.com/2012/01/11/robert-downey-jr-hopes-iron-3/

Robert Downey Jr. Says He Hopes ‘Iron 3’ Can Be Best of the Three
Posted on 1.11.12 by Gig Patta

Although “Iron Man 3” will not be in theaters until next year, actor Robert Downey Jr. has high hopes for the upcoming sequel.

In an interview while promoting “Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows,” he told a reporter on the carpet that the film potentially could be one of the better superhero movies ever made. Of course, the film hasn’t begun filming yet and it will begin filming on May 2012.

So any un-filmed superhero movie can be one of the better superhero movies at this point. But, I like his optimism.

“I think that we have an opportunity with the third ‘Iron Man’ to make the best of the three, and maybe one of the better superhero movies that’s ever made,” he told the reporter. “But I think we have to remember what made the first one good. It was very character-driven. It was very odd. It was kind of outrageous. And so I think we have to have the courage to trust that the audience is really kind of cool, and smart.”

In the end, the audience will decide if “Iron 3” will be the better superhero movies that’s ever made. We’ll have to wait until next year to watch it.

“Iron Man 3” will be released on May 3 in 2013 and will be directed by Shane Black (“Kiss Kiss Bang Bang”).
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:43 pm

I can't wait for more news to come in.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:10 am

Looks like Iron man 3 production is starting up sooner then expected:
http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/01/25/breaking-iron-man-3-to-begin-shooting-sooner-than-expected/
BREAKING: Iron Man 3 To Begin Shooting Sooner Than Expected
By: Jack Greer on January 25, 2012

In : Iron Man 3 Movie - 0 Comments and 0 Reactions Multiple sources have told ComicBook.com that shooting for ‘Iron Man 3’ will begin prior to ‘The Avengers’ hitting theaters May 4th, weeks ahead of previously published dates. The film is scheduled to be shot in Wilmington, NC at the EUE/Screen Gems Studios and is believed to be the largest production ever to be filmed in North Carolina.

Previous reports have listed late May as the official production start date, but one source told us that Marvel “will have staff in Wilmington as early as mid-March, with shooting scheduled to begin the last week of April or the first week of May.”

The ‘Iron Man’ series, starring Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, billionaire playboy turned superhero, has been a phenomenal success at the box office and with critics. The first two films have driven a combined 1.2 Billion dollars at the box office. Those films paved the way for Marvel to develop other properties such as ‘Captain America’ and ‘Thor,’ both of which also fared well in theaters. Marvel’s ultimate superhero film this year is ‘The Avengers,’ which features all of the previously mentioned characters (among others). ‘The Avengers’ hits theaters May 4th, which is one reason for ‘Iron Man 3’ to begin shooting earlier. “Everyone knows that the Avengers film is the closest thing to a sure thing this summer,” said another source. “People can’t stop talking about it, so it’s in Marvel’s best interest to pump up Downey and Iron Man while ‘The Avengers’ is going full steam.’ “

Getting some footage while THE AVENGERS is in theaters would also allow Marvel to give exclusive footage to ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT or other entertainment media and double down on the free press it receives.

“Iron Man 3” stars Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle and is directed by Shane Black. The film is scheduled to hit theaters May 3, 2013.

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:24 pm

Set construction underway:
http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/03/04/iron-man-3-set-construction-begins-under-code-name-caged-heat/
Iron Man 3 Set Construction Begins Under Code Name Caged Heat

By: Scott Johnson on March 4, 2012

While most of the world’s attention is focused on The Avengers, Marvel Studios is quickly making headway with Iron Man 3, which is their next major production. Iron Man 3 is currently in pre-production under the code name “Caged Heat.”

Comicbook.com has reporters on-site in Wilmington, North Carolina where Iron Man 3 is scheduled to film at EUE/Screen Gems Studios. We’re hearing reports that set construction has already begun. As far as filming, we’re still hearing the target for initial filming will be very early May (with a possibility of late April).

However, just because filming has started doesn’t mean that Robert Downey, Jr. and Don Cheadle will necessarily be on location. Studios do sometimes initially shoot background footage in the beginning to get a new crew familiar with the equipment before bringing in the major stars.

We’re not positive why the code name “Caged Heat” was chosen, but it’s been in play since before Iron Man 3 was officially announced as filming in Wilmington, North Carolina. While the name “Caged Heat” likely makes most think of the steamy women’s prison movie from the seventies, it could also be interpreted by comic book fans as being a reference to Luke Cage. There has been lots of speculation that a Luke Cage movie could be in the cards for Marvel Studios down the road, but we’ve heard nothing so far to make us think that Luke Cage will have anything to do with Iron Man 3.

Even though Iron Man 3 has been officially announced as filming in Wilmington, the code name “Caged Heat” is still being used by various sources in the local Wilmington film industry. Iron Man 3 is scheduled to be released in theaters on May 3, 2013.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:54 am

Some ironman 3 rumors:
http://latino-review.com/2012/03/11/exclusive-iron-man-3-about/
EXCLUSIVE: Iron Man 3 Is About…

Hey Readers,Marvelites,Generally Curious Folk,

It’s me,Da7e,the resident guy in charge of nerd ass comic news here with one of my favorite topics: Marvel Studios and what they plan to do in the future.

The reporting team at Latino-Review.com has really outdone ourselves in the excitement factor here,we’re pretty sure we know what Iron Man 3 is about and –in a curious twist of fate –a hint can be found in the first trailer for The Avengers. Yes,I’m serious,someone edited in a character defining moment as a laugh line.

We’re still weeks out of The Avengers,but with Iron Man 3 currently scheduled to shoot through the summer,we figure it’s time you took a glimpse into Iron Man’s future and how it connects to issues first appearing this May in Marvel’s crossover event film,The Avengers.

Ready for some exclusive breaking scoopage? Pardon my reading,I had to choose my words veeeeeerrrry carefully. I don’t want Mickey Mouse to come slit my throat in the night.

RECAPPING:

- Nanobots,people!

- Nanobots that make villains

- Nanobots that can also make Tony Stark more than a man in a suit.

- Which is an idea planted in Tony Stark’s head by Captain America in THE AVENGERS because Avengers leads directly into Iron Man 3.

- Production on Iron Man 3 starts in May.

Check out The Invincible Iron Man Vol. 4 #1-6 or the Iron Man: Extremis motion comic on Netflixand/or the iTunes Store to go deeper down the rabbit hole into comic book geekdom.

Now use the comments section liberally. You can bet people will be watching.

Source: Anonymous
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:49 pm

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/03/25/another-of-the-avengers-is-set-for-iron-man-3-appearance/

Another Of The Avengers Is Set For Iron Man 3 Appearance
Written on March 25, 2012 by Bleeding Cool Staff Writer in Film, Recent Updates

Alasdair Stuart writes for Bleeding Cool:

The Avengers‘ survivor count begins. Widow confirmed safe, en route to mess with billionaire genius playboy philanthropist.

I have a tremendous fondness for Iron Man 2 and a big part of that is the dynamic change brought about by Black Widow. As well as Tony spewing his well intentioned and cheerfully fatalistic crazy juice all over the place, it gives Gwyneth Paltrow someone new to bounce off and leads to the best fight scene gag that Marvel have done to date, with Widow destroying a legion of guards in the time it takes Happy to hit one guy. Admittedly he does hit him very hard, and a lot, but the sequence is still a beautiful use of fighting style as an insight into character psychology, and weirdly sweet too.

Which is why Feature Film Casting‘s announcement for Iron Man 3 has made me distinctly giddy. According to them, the film is set to shoot from May 21st to September 7th in Wilminton, NC and they’re going to be casting supporting actors and day players from the region, as well as stand ins, photo doubles and extras. So if you live in the region and look a bit like Tony Stark from a distance you could get lucky.

However, what really got my attention is their statement that not only is Don Cheadle back as Rhodey but Scarlet Johannsson is returning as Black Widow.

I’m always pleased to see Cheadle, and he was great fun in the second one, but it’s Johannsson’s return which has me really interested. Not only will this bring about the first post-Avengers acknowledgement of that film – and specifically, a pretty clear indicator she survives – it’s also the first hint we’ll get of how the Marvel movie universe will look in the run up to it’s next cross-over stage.

Plus, with Pepper and Tony together in the movies, it might be nice to see her and Happy get involved. They could even double date. Just imagine the sit-com:

He’s a billionaire genius playboy philanthropist! She’s his boss! Kind of! She’s one of the toughest secret agents in the world and can kill ten men in under sixty seconds! He drives the billionaire genius playboy philanthropist around and hits people for him! They bicker! And fight crime! Sometimes!

See? Writes itself.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:31 am

A nice find there AP. Will be nice to see what black widow will do/be about in the film. Still cant wait to see rest of the cast form up, and which villain they do pick.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Extras casting call this weekend:
http://m.superherohype.com/news/articles/170153-first-extras-casting-call-for-iron-man-3
First Extras Casting Call for Iron Man 3 by SuperHeroHype April 10, 2012 Share this story

This Saturday in North Carolina

The Caged Heat Casting Facebook account has posted details of the first casting call for Iron Man 3, which will be shooting under the "Caged Heat" title in North Carolina.

FIRST CASTING CALL ANNOUNCED - Raleigh Casting Call for those interested in working on Caged Heat will be held Saturday April 14th, 10 am - 1 pm at Crabtree Valley Mall. (4325 Glenwood Ave). All interested in submitting must bring a curent non returnable snapshot.

Casting call forms can be filled out the day of or will be available for download and printing on film office sites soon. Wilmington Casting Call will take place on Saturday April 21st. Stay tuned for more details to come.

Iron Man 3 is scheduled to start shooting soon for a May 3, 2013 release.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:52 pm

This news was posted online a few days ago that got missed:
http://android.eonline.com/article?id=307606
(Stupid cell not letting me copy story here, and on laptop page not opening) so hit the link to read.

LINK CORRECTED

Last edited by webhead2006 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:35 pm

Unless you intended to send us a link about Mariah and Nick Double-Date With Mickey 'n' Minnie, I'd say you probably messed up.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:35 pm

Hmm don't know what happened there man. Link was working for me for the link. Minus the issues I said above.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:17 pm

Yesterday, Saturday 4/14/2012, they had a casting call for extras at Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh, NC. I live probably about an hour away from this mall. It's also been one of my favorite malls but I haven't been in ages. Anyway, I had wanted to attend this between 10 AM-1PM EST but I didn't get the chance to! I wasn't really prepared anyway even though I knew about it earlier in the week. That's what procrastination does for you I guess. I understand this was the first casting call so maybe there will be others shortly? The problem is, even if I go to one, there's no sign that I could show up when they need me due to my job. We're currently on short-time so I need to work & I've also run out of vacation & personal days due to the short-time. This sucks! I'm thinking based on some guys who used to do this that I know who were extras on ONE TREE HILL. They were on crappy jobs like me but they'd go down to Wilmington where they filmed it & if what one of them told me was true, it sounded like it was worth their while. I'm thinking the guy told me he himself got several hundred dollars just to be in a few scenes in the background. So if I could be an extra on IM3 it might be worth my while financially but financially I might can't afford to take off work to actually do it?! Major suckage! Mad

Also, for some reason I couldn't copy & paste from that article but essentially it sounds like former director Jon Favreau wanted to use Mandarin as the villain but new director Shane Black doesn't want to because he thinks it's a 'racial stereotype'. Well answer me this then. On a local cable news channel that I have through Time-Warner, they reported on the casting call Saturday morning. Of interest here is that the producers are looking for all kinds of people but are specifically looking for those of either 'Chinese or Middle Eastern descent'. So you tell me then. Question
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:00 am

Ya that is screwy there. Here is another link on the casting from the other day:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=57989
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:28 am

Iron man 3 To Shoot In China:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/170231-iron-man-3-to-be-co-produced-in-china
Iron Man 3 to be Co-Produced in China
by SuperHeroHype
April 16, 2012
Share this story

Disney, Marvel Studios and DMG Entertainment announced today that Iron Man 3 will be co-produced in China. Filming in China will take place in late summer. Here's the full press release:

The Walt Disney Company China, Marvel Studios and DMG Entertainment today announced the intention to co-produce IRON MAN 3 in China. Under the arrangement, DMG Entertainment will make an investment in the production of IRON MAN 3, manage the Chinese co-production process, and jointly produce the film in China. The Chinese portion of IRON MAN 3’s production will run through DMG Entertainment in coordination with Marvel Studios’ production and creative teams. DMG will also distribute IRON MAN 3 in China in collaboration with The Walt Disney Company China.

IRON MAN 3 will be the third movie in the billion-dollar plus franchise from Marvel and stars a returning cast including Robert Downey Jr. (as billionaire inventor Tony Stark) Gwyneth Paltrow (as Pepper Potts) and Don Cheadle (as James “Rhodey” Rhodes). IRON MAN 3 is produced by Kevin Feige and executive produced by Alan Fine, Stan Lee, Louis D’Esposito, Charles Newirth, Victoria Alonso, Stephen Broussard and Dan Mintz. The film is being directed by Shane Black who is working on the script with Drew Pearce. The film releases in the United States on May 3, 2013, and is being distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures in all territories worldwide other than in China (which is being distributed by DMG Entertainment) and Germany/Austria (which is being distributed by the Tele München Group).

“The popularity of the Marvel franchise globally creates a huge opportunity to deliver fans yet another action packed film,” said Stanley Cheung, Managing Director, The Walt Disney Company, Greater China. “The co-production of IRON MAN 3 in China is testimony to the importance of this audience to Disney and the local industry capability to deliver a blockbuster title,” he added.

“We look forward to working alongside DMG to bring IRON MAN to the Chinese marketplace in a significant way. We are confident that Marvel’s stories will continue to be enjoyed by Chinese audiences, and adding a local flavor, and working with our new local partner, will enhance the appeal and relevance of our characters in China’s fast-growing film marketplace” said Rob Steffens, General Manager of Operations and Finance for Marvel Studios.

“Our collaboration with Disney and Marvel marks a milestone in the global entertainment landscape, as this signifies the first multi-billion dollar franchise to be produced between Hollywood and China,” said Dan Mintz, CEO of DMG Entertainment. “The IRON MAN franchise has been a major success worldwide, and we look forward to pushing the series to new heights with IRON MAN 3. The movie will further build upon its compelling storyline, and feature the hottest A-list stars, and spectacular action, which will resonate well both globally and in China, the second largest box office market in the world.”

The first installment of IRON MAN lifted off with high-speed, high-flying action when jet-setting industrialist Tony Stark survives an unexpected attack and escapes by building a high-tech robotic suit of armor. When he uncovers a nefarious plot with global implications, he dons his powerful armor and vows to protect the world as Iron Man. Straight from the pages of the legendary comic book, Iron Man is a hero who is built—not born—to be unlike any other and made US$581 million at the global box office when released in 2008. Based on Marvel’s iconic Super Hero, IRON MAN 2 continued the story of the 2008 summer box office blockbuster IRON MAN, and made US$624 million at the global box office when released in 2010 Now, IRON MAN 3 continues the story with a new chapter that will deliver more heart-pounding action than ever before. Marvel Studios’ IRON MAN 3 will find Tony Stark with his back against the wall, facing his most fearsome foes yet.

Shooting is expected to commence in May in the United States and begin location filming in China in late summer 2012.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:35 am

Another casting call for im3:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=58050
Another IRON MAN 3 Casting Call Reveals Special Need For Indian & Persian Extras

This weekends open casting call for Shane Black's Iron Man 3 has a special need for extras that are also Vietnamese, Hawaiian,and African American descents. nailbiter111 - 4/16/2012

We already knew from past calls that the film had a special need for extras of Chinese and Middle Eastern descent, but what is interesting enough is that they also have a special need for extras of seven other ethnicities. Looks like Iron Man will be doing plenty of globe trotting in his third installment.

"In addition to ALL TYPES, there is a special need for the following; Military Types, Artsy and/or Eccentric types, Computer Geek types, Professor types, Business Professionals (Men & Women) with luxury/high end vehicles. There is also a special need for those of Chinese descent as those of and Asian, Middle Eastern, Indian, Persian, Latino, Hispanic, Vietnamese, Hawaiian, African American descents. A very multi cultural mix of extras is needed. ALL ETHNIC BACKGROUNDS NEEDED."

The call for extras will be taking place at Independence Mall in Wilmington, NC on Saturday April 21st between 10 AM - 1 PM. If you're planning to attend click here for all the details.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:58 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=58143

“It’s going to be very different, very unique and I think not ascribe to any specific formula that they think they may have pegged us on. It’s all in the story. It’s where you take Tony Stark on his journey in an unexpected way and have him come out of the Avengers a slightly changed individual, which people will see when they see the movie.

I believe each movie, whether it’s a new character movie or the sequel to an existing character movie, needs to have its own set, its own formula, its own rules.”
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:40 pm

Guy pearce up for role in Iron man 3:
http://m.superherohype.com/news/articles/170305-guy-pearce-up-for-iron-man-3-role
Guy Pearce Up for Iron Man 3 Role by Silas Lesnick April 20, 2012 Share this story

He'd play Dr. Aldrich Killian in the Marvel Studios sequel

Guy Pearce, who recently starrred in Lockout and who appears in the upcoming Prometheus, is up for a role in the soon-to-shoot Iron Man 3, Variety reports.

Pearce would play Dr. Aldrich Killian in the Shane Black film. In the comics, Killian is a genetic scientist who was a key player in Warren Ellis' 2005 comic book storyline "Extremis", long-rumored to be a focus of the new film's plot. The Ellis tale involves the creation of a nanotech virus.

If he officially signs on, Pearce will join Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle and Ben Kingsley on the Marvel Studios and Walt Disney Pictures project, which is beginning production in North Carolina and will, as was revealed earlier this week, will be co-produced in China.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:54 pm

Jessica Chastain up for role in Iron Man 3:
http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/jessica-chastain-back-into-iron-man-3-talks/
Jessica Chastain Back Into ‘Iron Man 3′ Talks
By MIKE FLEMING | Monday April 23, 2012 @ 8:02pm EDT
Tags: Iron Man 3, Jessica Chastain, Robert Downey Jr.

EXCLUSIVE: I’m told that Jessica Chastain is back in the mix to play a starring role opposite Robert Downey Jr in Iron Man 3. The role is a sexy scientist every bit as smart as Tony Stark. Chastain, who last year starred in The Tree of Life, The Help, Take Shelter and The Debt, was originally offered the role but it looked like she was going to be preoccupied making a movie with Joel Edgerton and Samantha Morton. I think that movie was The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby. She also had scheduling issues involving the Kathryn Bigelow-directed Sony Pictures film about the hunt for Osama Bin Laden.

Marvel then began lining up meetings with actresses like Diane Kruger, Gemma Arterton and Isla Fisher. But all that has changed as Chastain’s movie has been pushed, the Bin Laden scheduling was worked out, and it looks like she’s going to get the role after all. She will join Downey, Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, and potentially Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley in the third installment of the Iron Man trilogy, this one directed by Shane Black. Chastain is repped by CAA and Mosaic.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:52 am

A big chinese star in talks for ironman 3:
http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/04/will-andy-lau-be-in-iron-man-3.php
Will Andy Lau be in IRON MAN 3? By James Marsh April 24, 2012 3:50 AM It is being reported here in Hong Kong that Chinese superstar Andy Lau is in final negotiations to take a role in Shane Black's upcoming superhero sequel Iron Man 3. Popular tech & style blog NeonPunch.com is reporting that they have a very reliable source within Disney who is telling them that the film's Chinese backers, Walt Disney China and DMG Entertainment, are keen to get a big Chinese name attched to the project, and apparently the man they want is Andy Lau.

Now, before everyone screams "The Mandarin", it is extremely unlikely that the film's producers would get behind a plot whose central villain was a Chinese character, especially one as flagrantly racist as The Mandarin. Word is that Lau (or whoever finally lands the role) would play a good guy - a Chinese scientist who comes to the aid of his old buddy Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.) by providing him with some new tech that will help him battle Ben Kingsley's villain, but more importantly Aldrich Killian (Guy Pearce) and his Extremis biotechnology.

Right now it is apparently just a matter of working out the schedules and agreeing on an amount of cash, but there is no denying that the addition of someone like Andy Lau in a sizeable role would be a huge boost for the film's commercial chances in China and across Asia. It has already been announced that Iron Man 3 will be shooting on location in China (including Hong Kong and Shanghai) later this summer, working towards a 3 May 2013 release date. Hopefully we will be hearing an official announcement very soon.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:00 am

So now China owns Iron Man too besides just owning our national debt? Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:59 pm

Is it really that much of a issue with the china stuff for the film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:01 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Is it really that much of a issue with the china stuff for the film.

I don't know but it sure seems like some kind of 'PC' move to me.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:57 pm

Probably, is, isn't disney starting or got things going on in china, and then putting a chinese actor in film would be a draw for that market too. As long as it doesn't hurt the film I don't have much issues.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 07, 2012 8:32 pm

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/55533

Count Jessica Chastain Out Of IRON MAN 3... Again!!
Published at: May 07, 2012 5:42:19 PM CDT

The Kidd here...

The on-again, off-again courtship between Marvel Studios and Jessica Chastain appears to be permanently off regarding her potential casting in IRON MAN 3 as a rival scientist to Tony Stark.

After initially declining the part, Chastain was drawn back into talks by her interest in being a part of the Marvel Movie Universe and a possible opening in her schedule... but alas it was not to be. Chastain took to her Facebook this afternoon to inform all of us who might be disappointed by her not being involved in the next IRON MAN sequel that it is indeed time to be disappointed.

"Sorry to say that Iron Man 3 isn't going to work out. My schedule is jammed packed and I can't fit anything else in. The press announced my possible attachment far too soon. I know many of you wanted me to be involved, and I'm so sorry to disappoint you. Hopefully there'll be another Marvel film in my future. Shane Black and everyone on the IM3 team are really wonderful. I'm very excited to see the film when it comes out."

Hmmm... any other redheads in the Marvel Universe that they could summon for future films? Because Chastain would still like to do one, and she'd be a tremendous get.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next