Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kicking Singerman while it's down (was: An Interesting Observation)

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Kicking Singerman while it's down (was: An Interesting Observation) - Page 3 Empty Re: Kicking Singerman while it's down (was: An Interesting Observation)

Post  James Stocks Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:37 am

Ah! Hadn't seen that since the video came out, very funny to revisit it. Interesting to see the different reactions too. Routh doesn't seem all that surprised of the results, which is telling. Singer looks mortified, like he's on the edge of losing it.

Times really have changed for Superman in cinema.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Kicking Singerman while it's down (was: An Interesting Observation) - Page 3 Empty Re: Kicking Singerman while it's down (was: An Interesting Observation)

Post  non_amos Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Yeah, y'all have got a point. BJ probably would just say something like, "I'm honored to be the George Lazenby of the Superman film franchise." And duh apologists would admire him for it like "See how humble Blandon is!"

Bryan Singer is the one that really needs to be attacked.

"Bryan Singerman, Just how does it feel to be obliterated by Zack Snyder? And how many times have you seen MAN OF STEEL?

Excited
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:11 pm

Speaking of Lazenby, I can't help but shake my head at the thought of him wearing Marlon Brando's old wardrobe and wig in that SUPERBOY appearance, twenty years after he had his shot with James Bond. Makes me wonder what Routh will be doing by 2026.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:11 pm

James Stocks wrote:Ah! Hadn't seen that since the video came out, very funny to revisit it. Interesting to see the different reactions too. Routh doesn't seem all that surprised of the results, which is telling. Singer looks mortified, like he's on the edge of losing it.
I think SSS linked to the original video back in the old Singerman Sucks Blog days. He theorized that Routh had been coached how to handle those types of questions in advance but apparently nobody talked to Singer about it because he comes off like Porky Pig in that thing.

James Stocks wrote:Times really have changed for Superman in cinema.
No kidding. Superman is outgrossing Spider-Man, there's already real and credible talk of a sequel, it's probably going to happen and it will likely result in a Cinematic DC Universe.

My oh my, how things have changed...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:13 pm

James Stocks wrote:Speaking of Lazenby, I can't help but shake my head at the thought of him wearing Marlon Brando's old wardrobe and wig in that SUPERBOY appearance, twenty years after he had his shot with James Bond. Makes me wonder what Routh will be doing by 2026.
He's already doing con appearances. He originally wanted $70 or something for an autograph but when I "met" him at a con the other month, the cost was $40, which was more than Kevin Conroy wanted. Then again, Conroy had an hour or so wait because of demand while BJ's table had pretty much instant access.

You tell me who walked away with more money in hand.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Brandon Routh's future?

Kicking Singerman while it's down (was: An Interesting Observation) - Page 3 450px-GeorgeLazenby111408ByLuigiNovi

Complete with the facial expression that says "fuck my life."
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:47 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:I have no idea what you mean. There was no such interview! And even if there was, it couldn't be as bad as you say!

Oh wait...

Singer:

Uh, uh, duh, I don't know, like, uh, duh, what do you mean?! It's like people are going to the movies. It's good people are going to the movies. I think?

Pretty much the gist of what Singer said. To say he was blind-sided by this question would be an understatement.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:56 pm

A classic- http://singerssupermansucks.blogspot.com/2006/07/singer-does-his-best-elmer-fudd.html

SSS... he'd make a fine addition to this forum, esp right now.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:02 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:A classic- http://singerssupermansucks.blogspot.com/2006/07/singer-does-his-best-elmer-fudd.html

M.I.A.:

SSS, Father Finian, Webhead2006, etc.

It'd be interesting to know what happened to these people. I knew very little of SSS but apparently Father Finian got pissed off at you Colors over the Burton Bat-franchise. Yeah, agree to disagree but in the end at least be somewhat civil about things. Apparently Finian couldn't be but the sad thing is is that I believe he really was a realist! So it'd be interesting to hear his views on the new film but we probably won't. As for Webhead, for all I know the dude may be dead or something. He hasn't posted here in ages but he's posted here since he did at SHH so that's why I wonder about his fate. Someone could die or something & we'd never know.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:12 pm

non_amos wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:A classic- http://singerssupermansucks.blogspot.com/2006/07/singer-does-his-best-elmer-fudd.html

M.I.A.:

SSS, Father Finian, Webhead2006, etc.

It'd be interesting to know what happened to these people. I knew very little of SSS but apparently Father Finian got pissed off at you Colors over the Burton Bat-franchise. Yeah, agree to disagree but in the end at least be somewhat civil about things. Apparently Finian couldn't be but the sad thing is is that I believe he really was a realist! So it'd be interesting to hear his views on the new film but we probably won't. As for Webhead, for all I know the dude may be dead or something. He hasn't posted here in ages but he's posted here since he did at SHH so that's why I wonder about his fate. Someone could die or something & we'd never know.
Yeah. Sad. It's sad. There were others too. TomWelling4Superman... although I think he turned out to be some big homophobe or something... and I hate even saying it because I'm more opposed to the "agenda" part of the "gay agenda" than any 12 people I know but that guy even gave me pause with some of his remarks. I guess I'm anti-agenda and he was anti-gay or something. But whatever.

Finian... that still surprises me. So I dig on the Burton films. Ditto Schumacher. And really I look down my nose at Nolan but even that is still Batman. Or at least has trappings of Batman anyway. Never saw where it was worth getting in a huff about (esp as my views aren't all that unique around here) but I guess if you're determined to throw a tantrum, you'll eventually find an excuse. Whatever. It'd be cool if he came back (remember I mentioned how hard it is to get banned around here? He hasn't been.) but whatever.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:37 pm

I didn't even consider TomWelling4Superman. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't his beef the fact that Superman was being played by a 'non-American'? Simply because Cavill is British? As for the homophobe thing, did that have anything to do with the rumors about Cavill being gay? Personally I think at this point that that was just garbage rumors. Maybe the other dude who was being considered at one time is gay (and really is) but I now don't believe that Cavill is. If he is I'd be surprised. He just doesn't strike me that way. Could that possibly just be the fact that when an actor is being reported on, that somehow duh media always finds a way to 'weave' gay allegations into the actor's story? Have you ever noticed that? It's like everyone is gay or bi or something. And perhaps that's part of their agenda? Brainwashing in other words.

But if TomWelling4Superman left because of Cavill being British then maybe now he'd like to come back & eat some crow?

Kicking Singerman while it's down (was: An Interesting Observation) - Page 3 Eating10
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:33 pm

non_amos wrote:I didn't even consider TomWelling4Superman. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't his beef the fact that Superman was being played by a 'non-American'? Simply because Cavill is British? As for the homophobe thing, did that have anything to do with the rumors about Cavill being gay? Personally I think at this point that that was just garbage rumors. Maybe the other dude who was being considered at one time is gay (and really is) but I now don't believe that Cavill is. If he is I'd be surprised. He just doesn't strike me that way. Could that possibly just be the fact that when an actor is being reported on, that somehow duh media always finds a way to 'weave' gay allegations into the actor's story? Have you ever noticed that? It's like everyone is gay or bi or something. And perhaps that's part of their agenda? Brainwashing in other words.

But if TomWelling4Superman left because of Cavill being British then maybe now he'd like to come back & eat some crow?

Kicking Singerman while it's down (was: An Interesting Observation) - Page 3 Eating10
I chalked the Cavill thing up to Nolan's influence and Manganiello's non-availability. Never seemed like something to throw a fit over. Even when Cavill's announcement came down the pipeline, I don't think it crossed anybody's mind (nobody who matters anyway) that he wouldn't kill it. And sure enough, he did. If ever there was a time when I'm prepared to overlook an actor's nationality, this was it. (A) It's fucking Cavill and (B) there are (or were) bigger things at stake. Just seemed like a weird hill to choose to die on.

The gay thing. Look, as I say, for ideological and religious reasons, I'm very probably the most stridently anti-gay agenda person you're liable to meet but there's a difference between that and being anti-gay. They're just people, dude. You know? I otherwise liked a lot of TW4S's points but it was hard getting past the unnecessary bile. As I recall anyway. Can't remember a specific thing he ever said; only that it seemed to be an element of everything he posted.

As to the other, yeah, the LGB thing seems to pop up around everybody. I remember when the rumor surfaced for Cavill. Unlike the movie itself, my policy is innocent until proven guilty. SV had several gay cast and crew members (some are out, a few are just rumors) but you'd be hard-pressed to know that based on the episodes. All media carry that agenda but SV's was so muted as to be almost invisible. Still, it is interesting that anytime an actor has a reluctance to deal much with the press, they immediately start questioning their orientation. Is that the only thing they can think about? It's kind of twisted in my opinion.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:40 pm

TomWelling4Superman also started his own blog. Remember that? I went there a couple of times or so but I don't recall ever posting anything. As a matter of fact I don't remember anyone posting anything except himself. It's like there were 0 members. And if I remember correctly he did that immediately after he left this forum in a tirade! I believe he even posted the link here somewhere before he left. I might need to try & find that. I think it's web address was similar to how the old Sucks blog was set up with 'blogspot' in it but I guess I'll have to do a search for it. He's still probably got 0 members. If he didn't recently then no doubt he does now.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:43 am

You know, as I look back on it, the one thing I reluctantly think I should give Singerman credit for is necessitating a reboot. If we'd gotten a reboot back in 2006, there'd always be that section of the fanbase who would bitch and complain that the Donner canon had been tossed overboard. The one good thing to come out of the Singerman debacle was a slow, grudging and very reluctant acknowledgement from big parts of the core fans that, yes, the Donner stuff was great but it's had it's day; time for something new now. After Singerman, there was no hope of continuing the Donnerverse. A reboot went from "highly advisable" to "unavoidable".

I'm not sure if getting to that point of (relative) consensus is worth the price we paid but here we are.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:27 pm

The problem though is that some people still have a 'boner' for all things Donner & Reeve, especially duh film critics. We've already seen it in the 3 weeks that MOS has been out. To paraphrase said critics:

This film doesn't have the heart of Superman: the Movie. Henry Cavill is no Christopher Reeve. He doesn't 'wink & smile' at the camera like Reeve (AKA 'nudge nudge, wink wink'). There's very little romance with Lois. The film should've mostly been about that. There's too much action in this film & not enough character development unlike (Superman) Returns. This Superman has no regard for human life & allows thousands to die in the attack on Metropolis (think 9/11). Superman kills! That's not Superman! This is a Transformers film with Superman characters. Zack Snyder is a hack. This Krypton sucks! Where's the crystals?! Where's John Williams' theme?! WB/DC missed a great opportunity to have had a great Superman film. Yada yada yada, ad nauseum.

I made this up but it summarizes the crapola we've been reading for the last few weeks anyway. But here's a point I'd like to make. Back when Reeve first came along, George Reeves was Superman to the general public & had been for decades, literally. What Reeve & Donner were doing was like 'heresy' or something & if I'm not mistaken Reeves still has his supporters to this very day. However, Reeve & Donner struck such a note with the general audience that Reeve became Superman for decades to most people & obviously he still is as evidenced by duh media's reaction. They're not willing to give Cavilll a chance but.....somehow they were willing to give a pass to BJ Routhman?! See anything wrong with this picture?

I'm like this. I liked the 'Bronze Age' Superman comics. However, Superman became old & boring & too almighty to a lot of people so John Byrne comes along with his reboot & people are interested in Superman again. Ditto for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN. And I'm sure there are other examples in the comics where sales were slumping & then DC comes along with something, even if a gimmick, that brings the fans back. So why not do the same thing with the film franchise? After all, as much as people liked the previous version it obviously doesn't sell anymore, at least not in the theater.

So give Cavill & Snyder their day, 'K critics?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:02 pm

non_amos wrote:
Hypothetical Apologist Asshole wrote:This film doesn't have the heart of Superman: the Movie. Henry Cavill is no Christopher Reeve. He doesn't 'wink & smile' at the camera like Reeve (AKA 'nudge nudge, wink wink'). There's very little romance with Lois. The film should've mostly been about that. There's too much action in this film & not enough character development unlike (Superman) Returns. This Superman has no regard for human life & allows thousands to die in the attack on Metropolis (think 9/11). Superman kills! That's not Superman! This is a Transformers film with Superman characters. Zack Snyder is a hack. This Krypton sucks! Where's the crystals?! Where's John Williams' theme?! WB/DC missed a great opportunity to have had a great Superman film. Yada yada yada, ad nauseum.
As you hint, the sum total of the complaints are that MOS isn't STM. That is the real "problem" with it.

I'm glad things worked out this way. An entire segment of the fanbase has been alienated and I'm happy to see them go. There's more to Superman either in comics or in film than STM. I love STM but for fuck's sake it's OKAY to do something new once in a while. I'm happy they're left out in the cold right now.

Now. The reason I actually came back to this thread...

The Lone Ranger Domestic Total as of Jul. 5, 2013: $30,161,000 (estimate; day 3 in wide release)

Wow, yet another break with history. This is one summer where Superman won't be outperformed by Johnny Depp. Heh...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:34 am

non_amos wrote:I made this up but it summarizes the crapola we've been reading for the last few weeks anyway. But here's a point I'd like to make. Back when Reeve first came along, George Reeves was Superman to the general public & had been for decades, literally. What Reeve & Donner were doing was like 'heresy' or something & if I'm not mistaken Reeves still has his supporters to this very day. However, Reeve & Donner struck such a note with the general audience that Reeve became Superman for decades to most people & obviously he still is as evidenced by duh media's reaction. They're not willing to give Cavilll a chance but.....somehow they were willing to give a pass to BJ Routhman?! See anything wrong with this picture?

Having John Williams theme blaring throughout the film was enough to send those folks to nostalgia land, even though Routh wasn't all that great.

thecolorsblend wrote:Now. The reason I actually came back to this thread...

The Lone Ranger Domestic Total as of Jul. 5, 2013: $30,161,000 (estimate; day 3 in wide release)

Wow, yet another break with history. This is one summer where Superman won't be outperformed by Johnny Depp. Heh...

James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:17 pm

Fun with numbers!

MOS Domestic Total, 07.07.2013: $271,188,450
Singerman Worldwide Total: $391,081,192

Man of Steel's domestic run alone has done nearly 70% of Singerman's entire worldwide gross. But wait! There's more!

MOS International Total, 07.07.2013: $315,600,000
Singerman Worldwide Total: $391,081,192

Man of Steel's international grosses tilt things even more with about 80% Singerman's entire worldwide gross!

Anybody still want to argue that MOS is a flop? Or that Singerman wasn't?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:26 am

I'm sure there's some apologists out there somewhere that would dispute that even if they said, "Well it got a 'fresher' rating on Rotten Tomatoes than MOS!" But there's no accounting for taste, right?

Obviously people who wanted to see a real Superman film got behind MOS 110%! The rest I guess are Donnerites. Want to hear John Williams, Donnerites? Then pop the DVD into your player & you're all set. The rest of us will have something new, please.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:43 pm

They exist alright, I've seen them around other forums. Truly pathetic. But hey, maybe they're onto something. Perhaps MOS needed to take some cues from the older movies to satisfy all those grumps. Maybe something like this.

Kicking Singerman while it's down (was: An Interesting Observation) - Page 3 Superm10

Better yet, bring in the guy on the phone who keeps talking even though he's being blown down the street.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:56 am

Go to the "Physique" thread to read TomWelling4Superman's hatred-filled, racist, homophobic bullshit.

And for pictures of him that I found online.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:34 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Go to the "Physique" thread to read TomWelling4Superman's hatred-filled, racist, homophobic bullshit.

And for pictures of him that I found online.
Damn dude, talk about a blast from the past! I'd forgotten all about that stuff! Non_Amos somehow found the http://snyderssupermansucks.blogspot.com page (gee, does that URL remind you of something else???) and that ultimately caused TW4S to call Non_Amos the n-word. He denied being involved with it though. And considering that the page is filled with accusations, homophobia, racism and other stuff, I'd probably say the same thing if I were in his shoes. Even so, most entries have no comments because nobody even fucking bothers with his page to be shocked by some of the content. How sad is it when you intentionally set out to be "provocative"... and nobody gives a crap?

Anyway, it's all right here- https://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org/t601p15-henry-cavill-s-physique-vs-bj-routh-s
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:56 am

That retard is a complete failure.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:04 am

Me the 'N-word'? Actually I'm white as if that really makes a difference as to whether you're really a fan of this genre or not. All are welcome. TW4S should've learned to put his bigotry aside. Actually I can't help but wonder if it doesn't show his maturity. And the thing is, if he spouted his racism, etc., at some sites, like Facebook, I guarantee you he'd have his fair share of response! Maybe he needs to come back here & take his medicine?

If you want some laughs though, I found this at his blog. This was actually his response to one of the few who bothered to post there:

http://snyderssupermansucks.blogspot.com/2011/02/could-walls-be-coming-down-around.html#comment-form

2 comments:

1. Kicking Singerman while it's down (was: An Interesting Observation) - Page 3 Openid36-rounded
    4383332c-3f68-11e0-ad3d-000bcdcb2996February 23, 2011 at 8:17 AM
    I don't understand this site at all...you haven't even seen the movie yet, it could be the best Superman ever made.
  2. Kicking Singerman while it's down (was: An Interesting Observation) - Page 3 B36-rounded
    Snyder's Superman SucksFebruary 23, 2011 at 6:46 PM
    It won't be. Snyder is a terrible director, and Henry Cavill doesn't look the part.

Oh, and he's a british born actor who might be gay! WTF? Sorry I don't want my kids watching that movie, and thinking that's Superman.

We need a real American born actor who's heterosexual, and looks the part, and can act.

Not a British import who's too short, and skinny for the role.

I called it when Bryan Singer was making Superman Returns, and I'm calling it again! This movie is wrong! Just all wrong.

I am the same person who had a conversation online with Dan Harris when he was scripting the movie, and after I heard the details of the movie I told him how bad it would be, and I was laughed at... I tore him apart on the suit, and how badly of an Actor Brandon was, and again I was laughed at by him.

Who's laughing now? The movie sucked as bad as I said the suit was as bad as I said, and Brandon's acting was as terrible as I said it was.

Now I'm calling it again, and I know a lot of the inside with this production, and it wouldn't shock me if this movie ends up in production hell.

The WB aren't too happy with this mess Snyder is making of the Superman movie.

Sucker Punch bombing will be what gets him fired.

I'm not psychic I just know Superman very well as a character see I've been a die hard fan for 27 years, and well I'm very disappointed as a fan.

See what I mean? The dude is a complete idiot! Cavill: too short, too skinny, too British, too gay.

*SIGH* Sleep
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:53 am

Hey! To add insult to injury it seems that TW4S is aware of MOS being out in the theaters & he's still spewing his hatred for this film:

http://snyderssupermansucks.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, June 18, 2013
Man of Shit opens big but fans, and critics agree! THE MOVIE SUCKS!
That's right it's out now, and it had a nice opening no doubt. But will it have legs? The word of mouth has been awful by both fans, and critics. Truth be told the movie is as bad as Superman Returns with only the action being tripled! Which I don't mind. I wanted action! But for a movie that long it paced very slow, and nothing much happened of importance. It just felt like they forgot the soul, and joy of what Superman is all about.

Oh, he adds more. Here's a Youtube review from a supposed 'fan':

Want more? Then he decided to post Richard Roeper's view also:

Remember Roeper? He's the guy who liked Singerman Peeps while Roger Ebert thought it sucked! Well, you know what that tells me? If Ebert were alive, he'd love MAN OF STEEL!

But if you ask me TW4S is fighting a losing battle. Why doesn't the imbecile just admit he was wrong & go buy a ticket? He probably has & just won't admit it.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next