Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing Spider-Man news thread

+2
Apologist Puncher
webhead2006
6 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man news thread

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:11 am

How do you "review" a movie trailer??
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man news thread

Post  webhead2006 Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:14 pm

Lol I don't know but it was the trailer and a sizzle reel of footager. Speaking of the trailer here it is. Looks pretty sweet I think:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:42 pm

It's not that I don't like the Spider-Man reboot, it's... I dunno. The Raimiverse had this kinda sorta Lee/Romita thing going for it. This newer thing feels more Ultimate'ish. There's an argument that Ultimate is maybe where the movie ought to go since the Silver Age thing's already been done. And hell, maybe there's something to that. But whether it's because I'm sick to fuck of Spider-Man hype or because this movie just isn't scratching the itch, so far I'm underwhelmed.

And no, that ridiculous costume doesn't help much either.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:44 pm

The movie will probably be decent. They didn't show anything that makes me think it is going to be 'Green Lantern' bad-except that used basketball he's wearing, that is. Nor does it make me think it will rival even Raimi's first 'Spider-Man' film box-office wise, either.

But them refusing to show what the Lizard looks like is VERY telling...
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:26 am

I kinda liked that trailer. Whether or not it'll be better than Raimi/McGuire, time will tell. Even if it's B.O. doesn't top the previous films, I think it's budget is smaller so maybe it'll still be a winner? But ya know what? It still looks better than THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. So there! Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:30 am

non_amos wrote:It still looks better than THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. So there! Wink

Fuck me, very good point actually. Touché, sir.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:34 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:It still looks better than THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. So there! Wink

Fuck me, very good point actually. Touché, sir.

And you can actually understand what the characters are saying too. That always helps methinks. And even if the Lizard could've been better, I'm fairly certain that he's still light-years ahead of duh hulking 190-lb. 1/6 scale Hardly Bane.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:02 am

I do wish it the best of luck in bo. To me I think it looks good and I don't have much complaints on it so far. Crossing fingers it will be good.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:48 am

To me the suit looks kind of 'plastic' or something but the suit in the Raimi franchise wasn't perfect either. I know the suit Tobey McGuire wore was 'textured' about like the Superman suit that Henry Cavill is now wearing. But is it my imagination or what but this new Spiderman suit, it doesn't look 'textured', at least not in the trailer? The impression that my eye got was the red was like a 'solid' red & the blue was like a 'solid' blue. It's like I could see the difference from the previous franchise without really making the effort to do so. I still hope it does well though. Ya know, I find this kinda amusing but something in me not only wants to see THE AVENGERS blow away TDKR but I'd also like to see THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN blow away TDKR!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Ya I believe raimi suit was textured but it was more just that brick pattern look. Where as here it is simular but it seems to be more indented to show more texture to suit. I guess they want the suit to ppop more then a flat spandex/etc.... material and all that. Overall I like the suit. Yes a few issues with yellow eyes and lack of beltline on suit. But it screams spidey still to me, and shares some simularities to the ben reilly spiderman suit of the comics. It will be great if avengers and spidey both crush tdkkr. Either way I do plan on seeing them all.

Also looks like thhe amazing spiderman is doing a viral marketing/game thing:
http://m.superherohype.com/news/articles/169511-what-is-the-mark-of-the-spider-man
What is the mark of spider-man
by Silas Lesnick February 07, 2012

A viral website is hidden in the new trailer

By now, you've most likely seen the midnight reveal of the brand-new trailer for The Amazing Spider-Man (If not, check it out by clicking here). What you may not have seen, however, was the message hidden in the metallic webs at the end that read "Mark of the Spider-Man."

Collider managed to spot the clue and uncovered the viral website MarkoftheSpider-man.com which, at the moment, seems to consist solely of six static screens marked in the HTML as "cities." We're not sure what it means or if there are more clues out there to uncover, but you can click on the below image to check it out.

The film, meanwhile, is set for release on July 3rd and stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Campbell Scott, Irrfan Khan, with Martin Sheen and Sally Field. Directed by Marc Webb, The Amazing Spider-Man arrives with a screenplay written by James Vanderbilt, based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:03 pm

non_amos wrote:To me the suit looks kind of 'plastic' or something but the suit in the Raimi franchise wasn't perfect either. I know the suit Tobey McGuire wore was 'textured' about like the Superman suit that Henry Cavill is now wearing. But is it my imagination or what but this new Spiderman suit, it doesn't look 'textured', at least not in the trailer? The impression that my eye got was the red was like a 'solid' red & the blue was like a 'solid' blue. It's like I could see the difference from the previous franchise without really making the effort to do so. I still hope it does well though. Ya know, I find this kinda amusing but something in me not only wants to see THE AVENGERS blow away TDKR but I'd also like to see THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN blow away TDKR!
I think the Spidey outfit is a sort of incoherent design in many ways. It's like someone wanted the costume to look rough and patched together (as Spidey is just starting out)... but then some jackoff costume designer had to go and use high end features like texture, shading and all that (to keep the design in line with modern Hollywood stuff). So it succeeds neither at looking "rough and thrown together" nor in looking "polished and refined". It's just kind of a mess from a story-logic standpoint. And from a design standpoint too, I guess.

Even so, and not to derail the thread, when it comes to incoherent design philosophy, Singerman remains the champ. Between Routh's 70's chic three piece suit, the computers and cell phones and other modern equipment, the somewhat deco architecture of the Daily Planet and Bosworth's pseudo-vintage 40's thing, I have no idea what the hell was supposed to be going on there. And this isn't to speak of the mess that is the Singerman tu-tu.

Back to topic though. I too want TDKRises to finish dead last in the summer box office race. I don't think it deserves to place ahead of Spider-Man and, considering Spider-Man's popularity and marketability, I'd be surprised if it did.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:03 am

non_amos wrote:To me the suit looks kind of 'plastic' or something but the suit in the Raimi franchise wasn't perfect either.

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 8 Rubber_Basketball_HD-3B25R

I know the suit Tobey McGuire wore was 'textured' about like the Superman suit that Henry Cavill is now wearing. But is it my imagination or what but this new Spiderman suit, it doesn't look 'textured', at least not in the trailer? The impression that my eye got was the red was like a 'solid' red & the blue was like a 'solid' blue. It's like I could see the difference from the previous franchise without really making the effort to do so. I still hope it does well though.

Interesting. All I see is the texture.

That, and the funky sun-glass eyes....

Ya know, I find this kinda amusing but something in me not only wants to see THE AVENGERS blow away TDKR but I'd also like to see THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN blow away TDKR!

It will be interesting to see what happens. Honestly, I think 'The Avengers' has the best shot at the biggest "haul". It's the first blockbuster of the summer, with NO real competition.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:47 am

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/169529-marc-webb-talks-the-amazing-spider-man

Marc Webb Talks The Amazing Spider-Man
by Silas Lesnick
February 08, 2012

It's been a busy week for updates on The Amazing Spider-Man with Monday's footage showcase event and the subsequent release of the new theatrical trailer. Today, director Marc Webb spoke with The Hollywood Reporter about some of the bigger stylistic elements that fans can expect in theaters later this summer.

“There’s narrative differences," Webb explains, "like the Gwen Stacy saga is something from the comics that I’ve always really, really loved. There’s what happened to his parents, which is a huge thing. But there’s the villain, Dr. Connors and The Lizard, which never came to fruition in the movies.”

Though the Lizard has had a few distinctly different artistic interpretations over the years, Webb says that he felt the key element in bringing Connor's scaly alter-ego to the screen was realism.

"We spent a lot of time thinking about the biology of a lizard," he continues, "and how his muscles work, and there’s an entire staff of people dedicated to making him look lifelike. It is an extraordinary task, and very, very difficult."

The Amazing Spider-Man stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Campbell Scott, Irrfan Khan, with Martin Sheen and Sally Field and hits 2D, 3D and IMAX 3D theaters on July 3rd.

Well, I still want to see the movie but what is it with all this realism crap? Has this guy been tutored by duh Nolan or something?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:56 am

At some point, "realism" and "believable" became the same thing. Don't know when.

Plus, TDK did well. Batman Begins success has been pretty overstated but TDK? Yeah, it's hard to exaggerate that. So, to some, it makes sense to think that realism + superheroes = goldmine.

Of course, these same people can't be reached for comment when the subject turns to the Watchmen movie but hey...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:36 am

I just recently seen the trailer and so far the trailer look pretty good infact promising even! But however my opinion on the film in general still hasen't change due to the elements that the film still features in which I'm still predicting the film will flop or possibly bomb in the box office with the edition of being bashed by critics, vewers & fans alike dispite me actually giving it a day in court just to see how it turn out and whether or not I'll be saying those four words... I TOLD YOU SO!!!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:44 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:I just recently seen the trailer and so far the trailer look pretty good infact promising even! But however my opinion on the film in general still hasen't change due to the elements that the film still features in which I'm still predicting the film will flop or possibly bomb in the box office with the edition of being bashed by critics, vewers & fans alike dispite me actually giving it a day in court just to see how it turn out and whether or not I'll be saying those four words... I TOLD YOU SO!!!

I disagree. For one thing, it's SPIDERMAN. Wasn't SPIDERMAN 3 the highest grossing of that series when you look at international figures? I think so. Now I know the 1st film probably did the most domestic B.O. but I think the 3rd one had nearly a billion dollars internationally! I could go look it up but you know what I'm saying? And that 3rd film was also considered the biggest disappointment in that series! Why? It wasn't for lack of money, that's for certain but rather, the story suffered. IRON MAN 2 did the same thing basically, make gazillions of dollars but was slightly disappointing in it's presentation. The fans pick up on these things in spite of the money made & said films get reputations as a result. But at the end of the day, it's still Spiderman.

Another thing is that it's a reboot. They can say 'the untold story' all they want but this is so obviously following a different continuity. Since it won't have to pick up from the Raimi series this will also spark interest. It also stars Andrew Garfield who seems to be on a role lately so that will also generate interest.

It probably won't do as well as the 1st film in the Raimi series but you've got to consider though that that film was a long time in coming due to all the lawsuits & such, James Cameron coming & going & everything else associated with it. By the time the film was finally released I believe everyone & their cousin were anticipating it. It was also something new at the time, not just Batman or Superman. I'm aware that X-MEN came out first but I believe the 1st Spidey film is what the masses were looking for.

Without looking it up the new film's budget is also supposedly less so even if it doesn't do 400 million domestic like the 1st Raimi film I'm pretty sure it'll do well enough to be considered a hit & here's hoping it crushes TDKR! Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:37 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:I just recently seen the trailer and so far the trailer look pretty good infact promising even! But however my opinion on the film in general still hasen't change due to the elements that the film still features in which I'm still predicting the film will flop or possibly bomb in the box office with the edition of being bashed by critics, vewers & fans alike dispite me actually giving it a day in court just to see how it turn out and whether or not I'll be saying those four words... I TOLD YOU SO!!!
I can't speak for everyone around here but my personal gripe with the reboot is (A) that it's a reboot. The Raimiverse was going strong. Maybe it wasn't perfect but it still had a lot of life left in it. This entire thing seems so unnecessary even now. But (B) I'm hardly a core Spider-Man fan to begin with so getting even the enthusiasm I had for the Raimi continuity was an uphill battle in many respects.

I'm not predicting failure, I just don't like the notion of a reboot and I for damn sure don't like that Spider-Man outfit.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:41 pm

I think part of the problem here is that Hollyweird is suffering from 'reboot-itis'. They saw that it worked with BATMAN BEGINS. Now, some like Nolan, some don't, but I don't think anyone can argue that Batman was sorely in need of some sort of reboot. It didn't necessarily have to be Nolan but that's what we got. I mean, after BATMAN AND ROBIN would we really have wanted no more Batman films? I think not. So something had to be done to make the franchise profitable again. I think the fans even wanted it but they didn't want 'B&R2'. There was also like an 8-year gap between films so you could argue that it was time.

Superman is being rebooted for similar reasons. As good as we loved Reeve, they also did that series in as well. Then along comes Bryan Singer with the aborted 'vague sequel' known as SINGERMAN. Now that should've been the reboot then but that douchebag set us back another 7 years! 19+7=26 years. That's an extremely long time to wait for a decent Superman flick ain't it?! So a reboot is necessary there also.

But you're right about the Raimi Spiderman franchise. It likely still had a lot of steam left in it even though the cast was getting older. I know I recall reading online somewhere before the reboot was announced that plans were for the entire crew to come back for SPIDERMAN 4. It seems like a 5th film may have been hinted at as well. I believe even Tobey McGuire was at least semi-stoked for this.

So what happened? Your guess is as good as mine but personally I think there's some 'read between the lines' moments in there somewhere, namely involving Raimi & the studio. And I guess since his name is not Nolan that he got the short end of the stick? However, I think it's possible that Raimi may have shot himself in the foot as well. How so? Personally I think it's one word: LIZARD. I mean, the guy was pumping us up film after film with his 'Lizard-less' Dr. Connors, right? Yet he continually failed to deliver on that. The fans were crying LIZARD & you know they were! It was simply a natural progression of the storyline. Yet the rumor for Raimi's 4th film was to have featured the VULTURE instead. So I guess Spidey would've been fighting him & Peter Parker would've still been getting 'lectured' by a 'Lizardl-less' Dr. Conners. And that may have even been so in the 5th film as well. I mean, you have to ask yourself, just what was Raimi's problem with the Lizard? Too difficult and/or expensive to make?

Money also could've been a motive in this for the studio but I suppose the fact that the fans wanted the Lizard didn't go unnoticed either. So maybe the studio decides to sever ties & cut their losses. They also know that even though the 3rd film did well financially that it was a critical and fan disappointment. So enter 'reboot-itis' as well. Reboot, save money & give the fans what they want, the LIZARD. Yeah, I'd say there's more here than meets the eye. But you're also right, a reboot wasn't really necessary & enough time hasn't passed either. Maybe there should've been a 'meeting of the minds' so to speak but it's too late for that now.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Interesting article there. As for realism bit I think they where more talking about being more believiable/real feel then the whole realistic/realism nolan went. But we wiill see.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:47 pm

non_amos wrote:I disagree. For one thing, it's SPIDERMAN. Wasn't SPIDERMAN 3 the highest grossing of that series when you look at international figures? I think so. Now I know the 1st film probably did the most domestic B.O. but I think the 3rd one had nearly a billion dollars internationally! I could go look it up but you know what I'm saying? And that 3rd film was also considered the biggest disappointment in that series! Why? It wasn't for lack of money, that's for certain but rather, the story suffered. IRON MAN 2 did the same thing basically, make gazillions of dollars but was slightly disappointing in it's presentation. The fans pick up on these things in spite of the money made & said films get reputations as a result. But at the end of the day, it's still Spiderman.

Yeah, I'm well aware of the fact that the previous "Spider-Man" films were money makers especially "Spider-Man 3" being the most highest grossing "Spider-Man" film in all taking in about $890,000,000 worldwide to be exact! I'm also aware of it being the most controversial of the other films however I'm one of the majority of viewers who thought that it's wasen't as bad as those who make it out to be! Somehow I'm given the impression that if a film like SM3 is able to make that much money then it most be doing something right!

But this is a reboot we're talking about here so there's no guaranteed if it'll score big time in the box office or not even if it is a about "Spider-Man". I know there's a chance that the film might be well recieve by those who bash SM3 or just turn their backs on the Raimi films in general despite what they already accomplish but there still those who still appreciate the Raimi films (Myself included) and just wouldn't accept this especially if the film has flaws to be noticed and the possibility that the reboot will feature some elements that the Raimi films have already established!

BTW I'm still trying to figure out how is it possible for any mediocre film to score a billion dollars or close to it at the the box office yet in the process there are good movies that made lesser than that! I mean how does that even work?

thecolorsblend wrote:I'm not predicting failure, I just don't like the notion of a reboot and I for damn sure don't like that Spider-Man outfit.

Me neither!!! As much as I understand they want to do something different they should aleast try to design it more traditional wise. The Raimi films definitly had the right idea!

Apologist Puncher wrote:Interesting. All I see is the texture.

That, and the funky sun-glass eyes....

Don't forget the cleats!!! Speaking of which... Anyone get the impression that this film might sponsor a new line of Nike, Reebok or Adidas sneakers?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:53 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:BTW I'm still trying to figure out how is it possible for any mediocre film to score a billion dollars or close to it at the the box office yet in the process there are good movies that made lesser than that! I mean how does that even work?
In the case of TDK, I think it was the perfect storm of a lot of unrelated things (the hype, Batman's popularity, Ledger's death, rising moviegoer interest in comics movies, good trailers, positive word of mouth, other stuff). The stars were in the right alignment and that overrated, overblown, incoherent THING somehow scored a billion at the box office. Meanwhile, Watchmen, a far superior film if you ask me, made barely a mark at the box office. To be sure, Batman is popular right now whereas Watchmen requires viewers to have a fairly decent knowledge of 20th century history while watching a naked blue dude run around but, even so, I think Watchmen's fairly lackluster box office is a pretty sad indictment of filmgoers the world over.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:11 pm

I am going on record RIGHT NOW and saying:

Ain't going to "bomb" and you ain't going to be able to say "I TOLD YOU SO".

You fail.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Well we'll just wait and see what happens now won't we?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:21 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:BTW I'm still trying to figure out how is it possible for any mediocre film to score a billion dollars or close to it at the the box office yet in the process there are good movies that made lesser than that! I mean how does that even work?
In the case of TDK, I think it was the perfect storm of a lot of unrelated things (the hype, Batman's popularity, Ledger's death, rising moviegoer interest in comics movies, good trailers, positive word of mouth, other stuff). The stars were in the right alignment and that overrated, overblown, incoherent THING somehow scored a billion at the box office. Meanwhile, Watchmen, a far superior film if you ask me, made barely a mark at the box office. To be sure, Batman is popular right now whereas Watchmen requires viewers to have a fairly decent knowledge of 20th century history while watching a naked blue dude run around but, even so, I think Watchmen's fairly lackluster box office is a pretty sad indictment of filmgoers the world over.

This sort of thing bugs me too. In 2008 I was pleased that IRON MAN did as well as it did so for the next 6 weeks I couldn't hardly wait for THE INCREDIBLE HULK to come out. Then I felt let down. Not by the film itself but by the lack of public support. It was so much better than duh Ang Lee debacle that it ain't even funny but duh public pretty much didn't give a hoot, even though it was the 2nd film from MARVEL STUDIOS & there was an appearance by 'Tony Stark' at the end of the film. Then a month later TDK comes out & it's like both films were forgotten!

Then in March of the following year THE WATCHMEN is released. I'd have expected it to have made a gazillion dollars but it's like once again the public didn't give a crap! It was certainly one of the most well-made superhero films I've ever seen. It's definitely in my Top 10! And it wasn't Snyder's fault either as duh apologists would have you believe! I think that's a load of bull! You know, how they questioned Snyder's competency to do a Superman film after Watchmen's perceived 'lack of success'? I dare them to go back & watch the film again. Pay attention. Learn something.

Ya know, there's certain films that end up in my all-time favorites. They're the type of films that although I don't wear them out with weekly viewings, I do from time to time revisit them. The 1st 2 SUPERMAN films. The 1st 2 TERMINATOR films. And yes, THE WATCHMEN. But here's a point I'd like to make concerning the BATMAN films. Although I liked duh Nolan films OK personally (for what they are that is), you know what Batman film actually makes it to my 'repeat' list more than any other? 3 guesses & the 1st 2 don't count. You guessed it, simply..... BATMAN. 1989 version. So although that film now gets bashed liked crazy, I implore duh apologists to go back & take another look. And let me stress, even though I've watched Nolan's films more than once, they never reach that same pinnacle (with me) as does the original.

Maybe we shouldn't be trying to figure out this fickle movie-going public? I mean, when you look at the evidence & then look at this, it just doesn't make much sense. Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:44 am

Ya the film goers are such fickle beasts we are.. whhat we think will do well can bomb and what we don't expect to do can blow things away. I too felt tih was a much better hulk then ang lee one, so it was a bit sad it didn't do as well as possible in 08. Same goes for watchmen, I enjoyed the film. But like you guys said there was all those factors against it. Which probably lead to its failure in bo. As for new spidey I do hope for success for marvel/sony. I still love the character. I did enjoy the raimi films even with there problems it had. I do wish it had continued. But I am still open minded to see what webbb and his cast can bring to the table.

Also here is a bit more on that viral thing going on:
http://m.superherohype.com/news/articles/169549-the-amazing-spider-man-viral-hunt-begins
The Amazing Spider-Man Viral Hunt Begins! by Silas Lesnick February 10, 2012

Peter Parker has been leaving backpacks all over the country

Following the launch of the viral website earlier this week, MarkoftheSpider-man.com, The Amazing Spider-Man has launched a viral treasure hunt, similar to the one utilized last year for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Over the past few hours, the viral site's accompanying Twitter feed has been tweeting longitude and latitude coordinates for several major US cities, all of which pointed in the direction of local comic book shops with the message "Property of Peter Parker... Lost".

As luck would have it, one of the shops turned out to be Los Angeles' Secret Headquarters in Silverlake, the local comic book store of this reporter. A quick sprint down the street turned up Peter Parker's backpack, discarded beneath one of the shop's tables and filled with all sorts of viral treasures including shoes, work goggles, sunglasses, keys, drawing pencils, a pencil sharpener, a sketchbook, a binder, two textbooks, film canisters, photo contact sheets and a small canister of what appear to be watch parts.

Check out the images below for full details and keep apprised of the viral as it looks to be far from over.

The film, meanwhile, is set for release on July 3rd and stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Campbell Scott, Irrfan Khan, with Martin Sheen and Sally Field. Directed by Marc Webb, The Amazing Spider-Man arrives with a screenplay written by James Vanderbilt, based on the Marvel Comic Book by Stan Lee and steve ditko.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next