Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amazing Spider-Man news thread

+2
Apologist Puncher
webhead2006
6 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man news thread

Post  webhead2006 Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:08 pm

Some The Amazing Spider-man bluray info:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/NerdyGeek/news/?a=66953
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Blu-Ray Back Cover; Target And Wal-Mart To Sell Special Editions

Along with the back cover for the DVD and Blu-ray being released,Target and Wal-Mart have revealed their exclusive The Amazing Spider-Man special editions. Check it out! TheIrishAvenger - 9/8/2012

Thanks to the good folks at Blu-Ray.com, several new details have been revealed for The Amazing Spider-Man home video launch on November 9th. First up, is the back cover for both the 3D and 2D Blu-ray editions of the Marc Webb-directed film, check out the covers below!
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 16 KbNGl
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 16 3a61t
Next up, US retailers Target and Wal-Mart will be selling their own special editions of The Amazing Spider-Man, which will include exclusive content. "A Hero will Rise" documentary will be on the Target bundle and a "Unmask the Secrets of the Lizard" documentary will be on the Wal-Mart bundle, which will also include a limited edition Spider-Man mask DVD case. Check out the images of the two bundles below!
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 16 TsJzq
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 16 XdLC2
Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 16 Fay4U

Last edited by webhead2006 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Amazing Spider-Man news thread

Post  non_amos Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:10 pm

http://screencrush.com/amazing-spider-man-2-director/

‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2′ Director Will Be…
by: Mike Sampson 2 hours ago

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 16 Clip-s10
Sony Pictures

‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2‘ was going to happen, even if the last film wasn’t a huge critical success. Eager to keep the franchise going, Sony Pictures has locked in a director to work on the upcoming sequel and that director is…

It’s Marc Webb, the same guy who directed ‘The Amazing Spider-Man!’

OK, while it seems like that shouldn’t be surprising, there was actually a good deal of debate as to whether Webb would return. As you might remember, giant chunks of ‘The Amazing Spider-Man’ were edited out (remember the whole “Untold Story” that was advertised but never really shown in the movie?) and there were plenty of reshoots. Sony wasn’t sure what kind of movie Webb would deliver and didn’t want to lock him in to a contract if the movie underperformed.

But ‘Amazing Spider-Man’ made over $750 million worldwide, which is nothing to sneeze at and thought Webb deserved another go. The problem was that Webb was still in contract to Fox Searchlight from his ’500 Days of Summer’ deal and Fox planned on exercising that contract. Early reports indicate that Webb would agree to two additional films for Searchlight if they would allow him to first direct ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2.’

Filming on ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2,’ which will bring back stars Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone, is expected to begin early next year for a May 2, 2014 release date.

I'm personally glad for this. The 1st film may not have been perfect but like I said when I posted soon after I watched it, we really enjoyed it! So perfect or not I had a great night at the theater & ain't that what matters in your movie-going experience anyway? Remember when you first saw Singerman? Talk about leaving the theater with more questions than you had answers! Well, this wasn't no Singerman. Here's hoping they really 'ace' it with the sequel. I just wonder who the villain/villains will be? Remember that 'Sinister Six' reference a while back?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:12 pm

I too am glad webb and garfield are back for sequels. Like you said film had some problems. But I enjoyed it still. And good not to have cast/director changeups that can screw with things planned out and all.

Mary jane waston to appear in TASM 2:
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/10/10/shailene-woodley-amazing-spider-man-2/
OCTOBER 10, 2012 4:31 PM Shailene Woodley offered the role of Mary Jane Watson in ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2′

By Adam B. Vary

Peter Parker,you two-timing devil. EW has confirmed that Shailene Woodley (The Descendants) has been offered the role of Mary Jane Watson in the upcoming sequel to last summer’s The Amazing Spider-Man. If the deal goes through,Woodley would join Andrew Garfield,Emma Stone,and director Marc Webb on the film,starting production in early 2013. (Variety first broke the story.)

The news could scarcely come at a better time for Woodley; ABC Family just decided to end her series The Secret Life of the American Teenager after its upcoming fifth season.

Played by Kirsten Dunst in the Sam Raimi Spider-Man trilogy,the red-headed Mary Jane (or MJ) was introduced in the comics as a romantic rival of Parker’s other love interest,Gwen Stacy,and ultimately becomes the love of Peter’s life (and,for a time,his wife). The fact that MJ is appearing in the sequel suggests that this Spidey franchise reboot could be aiming to recreate the ultimate end of Gwen Stacy’s story in the Spider-Man comic book canon. Commence fanboy freak-out.

MJ isn’t the only Spidey character standby set to appear in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 either. The filmmakers are also reportedly on the hunt for an actor to play Parker’s bestie-turned-nemesis Harry Osborn,played by James Franco in the Raimi films. But fans may have to wait for the debut of Harry’s nefarious father,Norman Osborn (a.k.a. The Green Goblin): Currently,one of the possible contenders for the main villain is Electro,a character hinted at in the post-credits sequence of The Amazing Spider-Man.

The sequel is set for a May 2,2014 release date.

I like that mj is be in the film. Curious to see direction they go with character. As for actress she is very nice looking. Not who I would pick myself for mj. And she is a decent actress. If she doesn't take offer can't wait to see who lands the role. I also like that harry is in the works too. As for the rumor of electrro as head baddie I do love electro but. Wonder direction they go. I see him more of support villain to some higher up baddie like goblin/ock/chamelon, mysterio villains who I like to see too. But with science angle we saw in first film. Would be nice to see folks like jackal/miles warren, and some other science based spidey villains. Or hell even scorpion to play into intrgating jjj into storyline.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:26 pm

POTENTIAL Villain casting for The Amazing Spider-man 2:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No One Has Been Cast Yet.)
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:37 pm

Eh, interesting choice for a not very interesting character.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:34 am

Do. Not. Like.
Spoiler:
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:03 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Do. Not. Like.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Also Marc Webb talks Sequel:
Spoiler:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:36 pm

Never liked his "acting".
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:18 pm

Ugh. Can't stand this guy...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/17/jamie-foxx-on-electros-new-origin-motivation-and-costume-for-the-next-spider-man-movie/

Jamie Foxx On Electro’s New Origin, Motivation And Costume For The Next Spider-Man Movie
Posted on December 17, 2012 by Brendon Connelly

Django Unchained offers a vast array of talking points and interesting avenues for interview, but as Jamie Foxx makes his way around the media to discuss it, he’s also taking a little time out to answer questions on his upcoming big gig as Max Dillon, the man who becomes Electro in the next Spider-Man movie. As long as there’s also some time for a bit of smart Django discourse, I’m alright with this.

Now. There are minor spoilers ahead, but I wouldn’t worry too much.

Foxx talked to both Black Film and MTV about his Electro costume and revealed that the filmmakers seem to be erring closer to the Ultimate look:

"It won’t be green and yellow. It will be a different color. They want something for the future. They want to have it more grounded and not as comic book-y, so it won’t be green and yellow. They want to try new things, like a liquid rubber and things like that, and there are all these bolts and stuff in my arms when they are hanging me upside down and trying to figure out what [happened]. How did he become this way? So, it will be some new stuff…

The suit is really slick. It’s actually black. It’s a new age."

Something like this, then, perhaps?

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 16 Ultimate-electro

But what’s this about him being hung upside down? Who, exactly is doing that? Norman Osborn, I’m looking at you.

Foxx also spoke to MTV about the character’s new origin story:

Spoiler:

I can see that already from just the details we have.

This Amazing Spider-Man sequel starts shooting in the new year. I think that there’s a lot to be learned from the last film, but that Marc Webb and Sony could well have learned it. And I certainly look forward to seeing this cast together.

Bolded those "magic words" that shows just how much they respect the source material, and it's fans.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:18 pm

Amazing Spider-Man news thread - Page 16 Electro

Part of me thinks of that costume up there and sympathizes. But the other part of me still resents the fuck out of that "comic booky" shit that gets slung around. This summer, we saw a live action feature film where costumed characters teamed up together and it made a billion motherfucking dollars so can we PLEASE stop looking down our noses at them funny books?

Apart from that, Electro's origin in the comics is pretty simple. He was an asshole, he got superpowers so he behaved like a superpowered asshole and so Spider-Man had no choice except to kick his ass. "His company stole his ideas"? Is there something wrong with showing someone enjoying their job in movies? I realize a villain has to have a motivation but this one is played the fuck out. It's about as original as a plot about "crooked land developers".
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16