Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Amazing Spider-Man titles

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Amazing Spider-Man titles Empty The Amazing Spider-Man titles

Post  webhead2006 Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:50 am

Well with the mods now making specific sections for marvel and dc comics stuff. I thought this would be a good place to talk about all things related to spider-man comics/the amazing spider-man line. Of past and present. What we liked/disliked/hope is going on.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

The Amazing Spider-Man titles Empty Re: The Amazing Spider-Man titles

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Man so happy today after over a month and a half of no luck at various stores in my area. Finally found a copy of the issue I was missing I mentioned in the dd thread. So happy to locate it and finally now be uptodate and can finally read all the issues I got before missing this one now in order.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:40 pm

Preview on asm #666:
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=43131
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Started picking up The New Avengers (it's written by Brian Michael Bendis and Daredevil is joining the team soon; did you expect me to stay away???), which, sooner or later, leads you to Amazing Spider-Man. I've picked up all the issues since 661. I've been digging on the book and am looking forward to Spider-Island. What little I know of it makes it sound like a fun little story.

As a sidenote, I will NEVER defend the dissolution of the Peter/MJ marriage. But at the same rate, a lot of people are still bagging on Marvel about that. Yeah, it was a bad call but sooner or later life has to go on. You know? I've been enjoying the issues I've read and I guess I don't get why people can't just get over this already. It's like their bitterness about that decision is affecting their ability to enjoy the book on its own merits. And there are a lot of merits here.

Anyway. I don't get it, that's all I'm saying.

Back to topic, I'm picking up #666 along with my other books today. I usually clear out my pull box on Thursdays. Long, boring, pointless story. Thursdays just work better, that's the point. Can't wait to check this out.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:50 pm

Ya I still not happy about mj thing. But I have enjoyed most of what been happening since. For me I still need to pick up this past months orders of myself. Then read spider island.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:26 pm

Some more info on spider island arc:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=33809
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:13 pm

Here is a teaser to the end of Spider Island storyline currently happening in Amazing spider-man:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=34412
EXCLUSIVE Spider-Island Teaser
by CBR News Team, Editor |
CBR HomepageCBR News
Category: Comic Books | Print Article

Posted: 3 hours ago|Updated: 2 hours ago

Marvel has provided CBR exclusively with the below teaser for the Spider-Island storyline running in the pages of "Amazing Spider-Man" and various series and miniseries. The deliberately vague teaser promotes the November-shipping issue of "Amazing Spider-Man," promoted by Marvel as an epilogue to Spider-Island, and features a close-up on what is presumably Peter Parker stating "I'm Spider-Man" under the tag-line "Spider-Island -- It's Lethal."

The Amazing Spider-Man titles 13161112

At a glance, the teaser seems straightforward, an affirmation from Peter in the wake of an adventure that has seen thousands of New Yorkers gaining spider powers courtesy of longtime Spidey foe the Jackal -- the same Jackal who has caused problems of the clone variety for Spider-Man several times in the past. Couple that information with the cover to the issue it's promoting, an homage to John Romita Sr's famous splash page from "Amazing Spider-Man" #50 in which Peter Parker quits his costumed identity, and it's perhaps not so obviously Peter in the teaser after all.

The Amazing Spider-Man titles 13161111

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Amazing Spider-Man titles 13161110

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #673 Written by DAN SLOTT
Pencils & Cover by STEFANO CASELLI
SPIDER-ISLAND: EPILOGUE
It’s the morning after for New York City. See how everything has changed for Peter Parker and the spider-crew now that he’s once again the world’s only Spider-Man… or is he?
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Tags: marvel comics, amazing spider-man, spider-island, dan slott, stefano caselli

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:42 pm

Upcoming Post Spider-island titles:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=46953
Giuseppe Camuncoli joins the regular Spidey artist rotation in this high flying free falling ride through Dan Slott’s post Spider-Island world. The VULTURE IS BACK and making kids do his high flying dirty work for him. With Spidey back on the cops’ bad side will he be able to stop this flying Fagan from twisting young runaways before another boy falls from the sky?

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #675
Written by DAN SLOTT
Pencils & Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
The Amazing Spider-Man titles Asm19911

RETURN OF THE SINISTER SIX! Find out what everyone’s favorite sextet of super villains has been up to while New York was spidered out. All leading up to Doc Ock’s master plan to—well—you’ll have to wait and see as 2012 promises to be the END of Spider-Man!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #676
Written by DAN SLOTT
Pencils & Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS

The Amazing Spider-Man titles Asm19910

webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:15 am

webhead2006 wrote:The Amazing Spider-Man titles 13161112
Maybe this isn't an affirmation of Peter being Spider-Man in some bullshit existential way so much as it is a confession to Carlie, who obviously suspects something's up.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:11 am

Not a big Marvel fan, but I notice that it would seem that Marvel doesn’t feel their biggest hero doesn’t need to be covered in body armor, why is that? Does Spiderman have powers and abilities far beyond mortal man???

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:16 pm

Ya it has to be carlie he reveals too. There really isnt any one else that needs to know. MJ knows, most of the new avengers known, the FF(fantastic four) know, from what it looks like the only villain to know is jackal how is a bit screwy there. But there really isnt a need for any one else to know.

As for armor deal, spidey usually only wears armor on rare occasions when its needed. Usually with his spider sense(currently not active due to run in with allistar symthe) he doesnt need armor due to his six sense warning system.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:21 pm

What I think it is is that Marvel just 'gets it'. They have their 'game plan' going on. Whether it's the comics or the films they've got their act together.. WB/DC, otoh, seem to be clueless at times. Just look at the recent GREEN LANTERN film. Although I actually liked the film OK, fairly well, even I'll admit that WB/DC dropped the ball on that one. They 'thought' GL was gonna be their 'Iron Man'. Well, actually, to tell you the truth, it should've been! If they'd taken a lesson out of the Marvel play-book, it would've been. Ain't GL a very popular character in the comics? Arguably moreso than Iron Man, at least before those films anyway. If it had been handled right, then why not? But instead WB was in a rush to get it out there instead of taking the time & doing it right.

What gets me though is that this 'New 52' seems to be selling out in some cases. I saw online where the new JUSTICE LEAGUE comic is already in its' 3rd printing! But there's no accounting for taste I guess.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:57 pm

Well we do have to remember these are just sales on the number 1s coming out. Wait and see were each book is sales wise come 5-7 issues from now and they will probably drop big.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:41 pm

non_amos wrote:What gets me though is that this 'New 52' seems to be selling out in some cases. I saw online where the new JUSTICE LEAGUE comic is already in its' 3rd printing! But there's no accounting for taste I guess.

Let's wait and see what is happening six months from now.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:17 pm

non_amos wrote:What I think it is is that Marvel just 'gets it'. They have their 'game plan' going on. Whether it's the comics or the films they've got their act together.. WB/DC, otoh, seem to be clueless at times. Just look at the recent GREEN LANTERN film. Although I actually liked the film OK, fairly well, even I'll admit that WB/DC dropped the ball on that one. They 'thought' GL was gonna be their 'Iron Man'. Well, actually, to tell you the truth, it should've been! If they'd taken a lesson out of the Marvel play-book, it would've been. Ain't GL a very popular character in the comics? Arguably moreso than Iron Man, at least before those films anyway. If it had been handled right, then why not? But instead WB was in a rush to get it out there instead of taking the time & doing it right.
I've wondered more than once if it wasn't a mixed message. From about 1994 until, what, 2002 or '03, Kyle was the ONLY Green Lantern in the comics. There was John in JLU. So they threw Hal into the live action film and just hoped for the best when an entire generation of comics fans and an entire generation of casual TV watchers recognized someone else as GL? WTF sense is THAT supposed to make?

What gets me though is that this 'New 52' seems to be selling out in some cases. I saw online where the new JUSTICE LEAGUE comic is already in its' 3rd printing! But there's no accounting for taste I guess.
As others have said, this could be a flash in the pan. Although some of the DCnU ideas have been good, we're only in the first month. Hell, not even all the new #1's have come out yet. Give it time.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:20 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
As others have said, this could be a flash in the pan. Although some of the DCnU ideas have been good, we're only in the first month. Hell, not even all the new #1's have come out yet. Give it time.

Pretty much. "New Coke" sold well right after it was introduced, so did "Crystal Pepsi".

Where are they now?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:07 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Pretty much. "New Coke" sold well right after it was introduced, so did "Crystal Pepsi".

Where are they now?
The same place as the Gary Cherone-led Van Halen, I'd wager. Wink
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:13 pm

Some upcoming ASM details:
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/nycc-2011-spider-man-111013.html
Back to catching up: A cover from January was shown, with a Daily Bugle cover that reads, "NEW YORK DESTROYED." Singh says that readers have no idea where Spider-Island is going, which makes the story even better.

Coming in January 2012: "Spidey Meets the Devil," a crossover between Amazing Spider-Man #677 (part 1) and Daredevil #8 (part two) by Mark Waid, Emma Rios and Kano. Wacker said that they gave Waid "carte blanche" to run with things, and that it gave Slott a chance to recuperate after Spider-Island. Slott said there would be big repercussions from the story felt in his title.

Classic villains in Amazing Spider-Man? Slott: "Doc Ock, back in issue #600, learned that he was dying and doesn't have much time. It's getting close. We've been seeing this master plan. We can expect some Sinister Six action in 2012." Slott continued, saying that Amazing Spider-Man #676 will have no Spider-Man at all, just the Sinister Six.

Slott promoted an appearance coming up from the classic Vulture — which he equated to "beating up Orville Redenbacher" – and that a Sandman story like "one you haven't seen before" is coming up. Slott also pointed out that with Lizard as the villain of the new Spider-Man film, he'll probably be around.

Is Spider-Sense back for good? "It's back!" Slott exclaimed. "Now he has Spider-Sense — and kung-fu!"

Wacker pointed out that Amazing Spider-Man will hit #700 next year, and the character will celebrate its 50th year. Wacker said they're adding a tag line to the book — "the world's greatest superhero."

"He bounces off our characters better than anybody," Wacker said. "There's nobody who comes into Marvel without pitching their ideas for Spider-Man. The soap opera of Peter Parker is always the most important part of the book," Wacker added.

Will Harry Osborn be around? "We have Harry plans, they're a little more long term," Wacker said.

The panel ended with an image that said "Ends of the Earth," featuring a pair of Doc Ock arms, and credited to Slott/Caselli — so, presumably, an upcoming arc on Amazing Spider-Man by Dan Slott and Stefano Caselli.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:35 am

Fine by me, dude. I'm not overly familiar with Mark Waid's Spider-Man work in general but I am familiar with him as a writer. His name is usually enough to get me to at least flip through a book. A crossover with Daredevil is just icing on the cake. This announcement can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Here is teaser image for upcoming spider-man event for 2012 titled "Ends of The Earth":
The Amazing Spider-Man titles 13191210
all I know right now is its something big with doc ock and his dying storyline.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:09 pm

Can't say that I've heard too much about this but what I do know sounds cool. Spider-Island has been fairly meh so far so Ends of the Earth should be better.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:07 pm

Ya I can't wait to see where this ock storyline goes. As for spider island I am only in middle of it myself. Just got the last few issues of it. So I got to read them still.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:39 am

webhead2006 wrote:Ya I can't wait to see where this ock storyline goes. As for spider island I am only in middle of it myself. Just got the last few issues of it. So I got to read them still.
Well dude, all I can tell you is to keep your expectations in check. To be fair though, I think it might play better for someone who's been following the title longer than I have. And clearly that's you. So maybe you'll get some out of it that I didn't. But on its own merits, I don't think the story is that strong. I sort of liked the angle of the entire city getting spider-powers. I thought that could be a fun, sort of off-beat story. Right up Spider-Man's alley, you dig? But the "twists" they've thrown in make this just another melodramatic, "dark" "event storyline". It's not bad on those terms but I liked the slightly humorous stuff better.

But, as ever, YAMMV.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:33 am

Ya no problem man I get your feeling. I have nothing against your thoughts on the story.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:46 pm

The Vulture Returns in ASM #674:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=10192
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #674
Written by Dan Slott
Art By Giuseppe Camuncoli
THE VULTURE RETURNS! It's a brave new city! As the costs of Spider-Island continue to rise, Spidey’s first enemy returns! High-rise robberies and teenaged jumpers force Spidey into a high flying new adventure…with a less than friendly partner.
The Amazing Spider-Man titles Prv10114
The Amazing Spider-Man titles Prv10115
The Amazing Spider-Man titles Prv10116
The Amazing Spider-Man titles Prv10117
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content