Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Superman Returns" deleted opening sequence to DVD

+3
non_amos
Apologist Puncher
Comicbookfan-V2
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

"Superman Returns" deleted opening sequence to DVD - Page 2 Empty Re: "Superman Returns" deleted opening sequence to DVD

Post  non_amos Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:02 am

Without looking it up, I recall looking on Ebert's own site for his review of Singerman because I missed it on his TV show when it was first released. I believe also that shortly thereafter Ebert had his jaw surgery due to cancer I believe & I don't recall seeing his program any more. Well, I'm not quite sure of the time now that I looked up his review but I'd guess now that it was probably about 2008. I'd have to look it up again to give you the full gist but one thing he said I remember did stick with me. It involved the plane rescue.

You'll recall how 'Singerman' struggled to keep the plane from crashing? Well, Ebert found fault with that. To put it in my own words, what he was saying was essentially, "Superman struggles (strains) to stop a plane crash?What?! Isn't he SUPERMAN?! So for 'Superman' it should've been a breeze! Not so for Singerman! And Bryan Singer's 'attempt' at 'Nolan-style' reality may have tried to explain the 'laws of physics' but it came up short in showing who SUPERMAN is. And obviously this point wasn't lost on Ebert.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

"Superman Returns" deleted opening sequence to DVD - Page 2 Empty Re: "Superman Returns" deleted opening sequence to DVD

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:32 am

Everytime I find myself halfway tempted to be impressed by the Singerman airplane catch, I remember this from Superman #233...

"Superman Returns" deleted opening sequence to DVD - Page 2 Superm10

Two planes at the same time. Take that, Singerman.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Rduce Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:44 am

This is why I believe the three strike rule is in effect for the next Superman film. Superman IV = Bad, SR = Bad and if MOS follows the trend that will be three strikes and you’re out… Superman as a movie franchise will be dead and buried.

Rduce

User Reputation : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2