Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nolan & Synder: Lets count the number of things wrong with Superman Returns

5 posters

Go down

Nolan & Synder: Lets count the number of things wrong with Superman Returns Empty Nolan & Synder: Lets count the number of things wrong with Superman Returns

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:54 am

While doing some web browsing I stumble upon a blog site that has a page concerning everything that is wrong about "Superman Returns" a.k.a. "Singerman", a top 20 list to be exact! So intresting enough, I decided to share this with you guys especially those who even still till this day have hated/despises SR and this includes those who are supporting Christopher Nolan & Zack Synder who are involve with the new upcoming reboot. Personally, many things where pointed out about SR that actually made, well... Good points, which I know most of you may come to agree on!

Here's the link...
http://thehumanscorch.wordpress.com/2010/08/01/nolan-lets-count-the-number-of-things-wrong-with-superman-returns/

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:58 pm; edited 5 times in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Nolan & Synder: Lets count the number of things wrong with Superman Returns Empty Re: Nolan & Synder: Lets count the number of things wrong with Superman Returns

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:00 am

Trust me dude, you're not going to find very many Singerman admirers around here.

Good list too. One point I'd differ on, though, is BJ Routh. I just don't understand how anyone can say he even "looks the part". He doesn't. He never has and he never will. But of all memes floating around out there, this one keeps coming up. It's like the emperor's new clothes. Everyone's afraid to say the guy can't act his way out of a bag and looks nothing at all like Superman. Hell, I'd probably have a hard time even buying him as Bizarro for crying out loud.

But anyway. Otherwise, good read.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Nolan & Synder: Lets count the number of things wrong with Superman Returns Empty Re: Nolan & Synder: Lets count the number of things wrong with Superman Returns

Post  webhead2006 Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:18 pm

good read
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Nolan & Synder: Lets count the number of things wrong with Superman Returns Empty RE: Nolan & Snyder: Let's count the number of things wrong with Superman Returns

Post  non_amos Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:53 pm

I read that article. Great points. Sounds like the sorta thing we would've posted here. I found myself agreeing with most of it, except I think ol' BJ is more wooden that this guy gave him credit for. I also tend to disagree about the use of the John Williams theme. This guy thinks they should use it, always apparently, no matter the incarnation. Now if Snyder chose to go with that, I don't think I'll lose any sleep over it. I could probably even deal with it, provided that the film itself is top-notch & not an homage. However, it does remind you too much or Reeve, & I just don't know if that's fair to a new guy trying to fill his shoes?! I think a new theme would be preferable considering the circumstances, as long as it's at least as good if not better. Don't tell me it can't be done! Regardless of what Hans Zimmer said.

Other than the theme & Brandon 'BJ' Routhman though, this guy's points were pretty spot-on! And did you watch that 'return To Krypton' deleted scene? Now tell me, was that a fan-made clip or what? That animation reminded me of the WOLVERINE film when it was first leaked online, you know, with the 'stick figures' & such. The reason I ask is because Singer was reputed to have spent $10 million of the 'Brothers' money on this scene & then LEFT IT OUT OF THE FILM! You can't tell me that what I saw on Youtube cost 10 million smackeroos! That's why I'm thinking that that was fan-made & that the real clip is somewhere that'll probably never see the light of day. Even though duh apologists whined for an 'Ultimate' type of 'director's cut' for Singerman, I doubt we'll ever see it. At best someone may leak it online.

I also clicked on some of the other links. Here's one:

http://thehumanscorch.wordpress.com/2010/08/07/nolan-is-the-killing-joke-of-the-live-action-dcu/

Now this obviously was written after the release of THE DARK KNIGHT but while the JUSTICE LEAGUE film was still being considered. Some very pointed remarks about Nolan & his 'ultra-realism'. Sounds like he should be posting here! Very Happy
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:06 pm

You know, I've noticed a serious backlash against Chris Nolan among the fans in the past year or two. Back in 2005 and 2006, it was the odd fan (me, usually) who had a problem with Nolan. When TDK first came out, the guy practically walked on water... but within six months, shall we say, "different points of view" started popping up. And more. And then more. And now posts like that, unthinkable five or six years ago, are now fairly common.

Of course, you still get the Kool-Aid drinkers who think Nolan farts genius on a regular basis but they're not as prevalent as they used to be.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Nolan & Synder: Lets count the number of things wrong with Superman Returns Empty RE: Nolan & Snyder: Let's count the number of things wrong with Superman Returns

Post  non_amos Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:36 pm

Here's another link I found associated with those other links:

http://thehumanscorch.wordpress.com/2010/08/10/so-an-inception-of-superman/

Pretty much a continuation of discussing all things Nolanverse pertaining to Superman & Batman, including saying that his Batman films have 'no magic' to them.

That's one reason I feel like the '89 Burton film worked so well. I thought of it as 'having charm', so to speak, but whether you describe it like that, or magic, or whatever, it was 'all of that'. Same with the first Reeve film. However, the realism angle can play too much towards the other end of the spectrum. We don't need that with Superman!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:01 pm

On the music front yes I loved williams score one of my top fav film scores of all time. But really it isn't needed. High time for someone else to come in and make there own mark with superman. This film should be able to have its own sound to it. If anything I would maybe put williams track during one of the songs playing in credits, or just make it a special track added to score cd release.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:10 pm

Most of what he said was spot-on. But I too disagree with the Williams theme "needing" to be in the reboot, and about BJ's "look". Neither one of those mirrors my opinions whatsoever.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down