Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The One & ONLY Archangel!

+2
Father Finian
non_amos
6 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The One & ONLY Archangel! - Page 3 Empty Re: The One & ONLY Archangel!

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:47 am

thec0l0rsblend wrote:I dunno about the rest of you but I get script updates for all those things e-mailed to me every Friday. But I can't confirm anything until after the news breaks elsewhere. That's how secret my connections are. Afterward, of course, I'll write about how I knew all along that it was going to happen, even if all my other posts contradict that.

See? Anybody can be an "insider" now!

Here's a sample. The way it stands now, WB, Snyder and Nolan are all dead-set on hiring Paul "Pee Wee" Reubens to play Superman as, admittedly, nobody else can ever possibly hope to embody all the qualities of the character besides Reubens. You'll see ol' Pee Wee in the red cape on opening day or my name isn't Douglas MacArthur.

Hey bud, I don't know where you get your info, but it's OLD! Want the NEW scoop??

Chris Crocker is being approached to play Superman, with Blandon "BJ" Routh set to play his Kryptonian villan/lover "General Dong" in Superman: Manly Steel!

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:02 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Hey bud, I don't know where you get your info, but it's OLD! Want the NEW scoop??

Chris Crocker is being approached to play Superman, with Blandon "BJ" Routh set to play his Kryptonian villan/lover "General Dong" in Superman: Manly Steel!

Ah yes, how silly of me. Of course, I KNEW that, I just, um, wanted to test you. You see? I wanted to make sure that YOU were on the up-and-up.

k thx bye!

- Stevearchangelshithead

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:06 am

thec0l0rsblend wrote:Ah yes, how silly of me. Of course, I KNEW that, I just, um, wanted to test you. You see? I wanted to make sure that YOU were on the up-and-up.

k thx bye!

- Stevearchangelshithead

Well Mr. ArchAngelShitHead, you DO have the scoop on the new Batman film I hear. And Spider-Man too.

So make with the news already, dink.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:18 am

As you wish. First? Bale is out. WB believes (and it's obvious that we all agree) that everybody is tired of qualified actors believably portraying superheroes so George Clooney is back in the game. News of this went over suprisingly well with Nolan. In between counting his money for directing TDKR, he was quoted as saying "they brought the Oceans bloke back? Whateva, can't you see I'm busy here? Bloody 'ell, don't come back unless you see me bookie stop by." He then chased my source out with a loaded gun. As for the other characters in TDKR, they will all be played by Ben Stiller through the wonders of motion capture technology.

As for Spider-Man, don't believe anything you're hearing. It's all part of a systematic campaign of disinformation released by Sony, an elaborate conspiracy to keep us all from discovering the truth. Even though it's in NO studios best interest to lie to their customers and common sense alone would seem to dictate as much to any sane individual, I'm here to tell you that the Spider-Man reboot will star Perez Hilton as Peter, Gwen and MJ. Rumors persist that Rupert Everett (the Vibrator from the Ultimate Spider-Man comics), Kevin Spacey (Electro), Eddie Izzard (Doc Ock), Ian McKellan (Aunt May) and Tom Cruise (Tom Cruise) have joined the cast as well.

Remember, my double secret inside sources are absolutely bullet proof!

- Stevearchshitheadangelmanning

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:31 am

thec0l0rsblend wrote:As you wish. First? Bale is out. WB believes (and it's obvious that we all agree) that everybody is tired of qualified actors believably portraying superheroes so George Clooney is back in the game. News of this went over suprisingly well with Nolan. In between counting his money for directing TDKR, he was quoted as saying "they brought the Oceans bloke back? Whateva, can't you see I'm busy here? Bloody 'ell, don't come back unless you see me bookie stop by." He then chased my source out with a loaded gun. As for the other characters in TDKR, they will all be played by Ben Stiller through the wonders of motion capture technology.

Well, George Clooney "deserved" to come back. It wasn't his fault the film sucked, he could only do so much. It was all the director Joel Schumacher's fault. Clooney showed a lot of facial emotions, and he is this generations Batman.

Mad

thec0l0rsblend wrote:As for Spider-Man, don't believe anything you're hearing. It's all part of a systematic campaign of disinformation released by Sony, an elaborate conspiracy to keep us all from discovering the truth. Even though it's in NO studios best interest to lie to their customers and common sense alone would seem to dictate as much to any sane individual, I'm here to tell you that the Spider-Man reboot will star Perez Hilton as Peter, Gwen and MJ. Rumors persist that Rupert Everett (the Vibrator from the Ultimate Spider-Man comics), Kevin Spacey (Electro), Eddie Izzard (Doc Ock), Ian McKellan (Aunt May) and Tom Cruise (Tom Cruise) have joined the cast as well.

Remember, my double secret inside sources are absolutely bullet proof!

- Stevearchshitheadangelmanning

That Spider-Man cast sounds super-duper awesome! Tom Cruise playing Tom Cruise sounds like Oscar GOLD to me! Will he be helping Spidey fight Electro-Spacey and Doc Izzard in exchange for help battling the evil Xenu and his galactic forces?

Too bad BJ will be busy with Manly Steel. He could bring HIS "wife", then we could have a "Battle of the Beards" between her and Mrs. Cruise!

My money's on Homes!
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Haha funny stuff guys.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

The One & ONLY Archangel! - Page 3 Empty RE: The One & ONLY Archangel!

Post  non_amos Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:20 pm

Looks like our old friend 'Steve' is at it again:

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/1378/board?viewpost=4115559

Not only did 'Steve' initially report about Joe Manganiello but he also reported that crapola about John Cena AND 'the Rock' being in the running to play Superman. Gee, didn't we hear that SEVERAL days ago?! Duh apologists at THAT site got in an uproar about the 'wrestlers', THEN 'Steve' UPDATES his report. It seems only Manganiello is in the running to play Supes. Cena & the Rock are both being considered for villains, according to 'Steve'. It seems that 'Steve' had a MISCOMMUNICATION.

My question is, since 'Steve' knows ALL things Superman film, & any OTHER film for THAT matter, WHY then is he several days late reporting that RUMOR?! And it seems he was initially reporting it as FACT, that is, until he was CALLED OUT on it. Behold:

"BigE9690 said:

.will we finally be seeing superman beat the s*** out of someone that can go toe to toe with him in all its special effects glory?

The response I got to this question about an hour ago...

"You bet your comic loving ass we will."

And sorry Nightwing, but it's not a hoax. They were never up for playing Superman (that was a miscommunication issue tying Cena and Johnson in with Manganiello) but are both up for another role that I presume to be a villain. Manganiello is the only one of the three who IS up for Superman."

If you ask ME, 'Steve' reporting a BS rumor in the FIRST place makes him highly suspect in his 'knowledge'. I guess next Goyer's script will be dropped for his own script.

Can you say SHYSTER?! Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:30 pm

non_amos wrote:Looks like our old friend 'Steve' is at it again:

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/1378/board?viewpost=4115559

Not only did 'Steve' initially report about Joe Manganiello but he also reported that crapola about John Cena AND 'the Rock' being in the running to play Superman. Gee, didn't we hear that SEVERAL days ago?! Duh apologists at THAT site got in an uproar about the 'wrestlers', THEN 'Steve' UPDATES his report. It seems only Manganiello is in the running to play Supes. Cena & the Rock are both being considered for villains, according to 'Steve'. It seems that 'Steve' had a MISCOMMUNICATION.

My question is, since 'Steve' knows ALL things Superman film, & any OTHER film for THAT matter, WHY then is he several days late reporting that RUMOR?! And it seems he was initially reporting it as FACT, that is, until he was CALLED OUT on it. Behold:

"BigE9690 said:

.will we finally be seeing superman beat the s*** out of someone that can go toe to toe with him in all its special effects glory?

The response I got to this question about an hour ago...

"You bet your comic loving ass we will."

And sorry Nightwing, but it's not a hoax. They were never up for playing Superman (that was a miscommunication issue tying Cena and Johnson in with Manganiello) but are both up for another role that I presume to be a villain. Manganiello is the only one of the three who IS up for Superman."

If you ask ME, 'Steve' reporting a BS rumor in the FIRST place makes him highly suspect in his 'knowledge'. I guess next Goyer's script will be dropped for his own script.

Can you say SHYSTER?! Laughing

I've been saying it from the get-go. Once again he posts his "news" after the fact, and NONE of those idiots call him on it??

Remember when that FAKE "news story" broke, he went on SaveSuperman and claimed BJ WAS being considered for the reboot? But then Snyder gives another interview saying he knew NOTHING about the Apologist retard-fest of "BRB"? NOW it's ONLY Manganiello being considered? And what about Welling? I thought he had the "best" chance to land the role? Did his "source", ie his divorce attorney, make ANOTHER "mistake"?

Those morons over there believing this guy's bullshit need a reality-check, and fast.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:30 am

Blah steve trying to take claim for joe. If I recall his name waa first brought up in some fan castings then tmt first reporting months ago joe wants to play supes. But hey he is always going to do what he does I guess. If a wrestler is in the film I am sure it will probably just be a goon type of role. Then a main villain role. But hell we still don't know what/who the villains are yet.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:55 pm

Here we go AGAIN!:

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/3718605/board?viewpost=4115645

'Steve', puh-leazzzeee TELL us WHO is gonna play Catwoman?! Please? Suspect

For a more RELIABLE report, go here:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/110368-rumored-the-dark-knight-rises-female-short-list

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/chris-nolan-lines-up-actresses-for-batfilm/

Interesting about Anne Hathaway. If she's in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, would that eliminate her from consideration for LOIS LANE?

'Steve', we're WAITING Rolling Eyes

Last edited by non_amos on Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:59 pm

HA! I just read one of those comments from the DEADLINE article:

"Gee, why don’t you just ask “Steve” for his real name while your at it?
Comment by Val — Thursday November 11, 2010 @ 4:42pm EST"

HA! Is that one of YOU guys?! Smile
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:16 pm

Well if anne or any of them don't score the female leads. I could def see nolan and snyder looking at them too for lois once supes casting is under way. If it isn't already.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:10 pm

non_amos wrote:Here we go AGAIN!:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86805724@N00/3925839800/

'Steve', puh-leazzzeee TELL us WHO is gonna play Catwoman?! Please? Suspect

For a more RELIABLE report, go here:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/110368-rumored-the-dark-knight-rises-female-short-list

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/chris-nolan-lines-up-actresses-for-batfilm/

Interesting about Anne Hathaway. If she's in THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, would that eliminate her from consideration for LOIS LANE?

'Steve', we're WAITING Rolling Eyes

Actually, it might work it BETTER for her becoming Lois.

Basically, it will be a "dual audition", and if they see something they like, they will keep her in mind. If they find someone better for Batman, something tells me she will have a shot at Superman.

Fingers crossed.

Oh, and FYI, that link doesn't go to a news story....?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:51 pm

AP, I edited the post. I saw what you were saying. That was obviously a link I had copied & pasted elsewhere about the death of Dino Di Laurentis. Obviously an oversight on my part. Now THAT could've been a director for Superman back in the day! Anyway, the link should work now. Sorry for that.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:32 am

non_amos wrote:AP, I edited the post. I saw what you were saying. That was obviously a link I had copied & pasted elsewhere about the death of Dino Di Laurentis. Obviously an oversight on my part. Now THAT could've been a director for Superman back in the day! Anyway, the link should work now. Sorry for that.

No problem. Just confused me is all.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:55 pm

Anyone else notice the crickets chirping around ArchNumbNuts moron den?

That little lie-spewing dingleberry sure has NOTHING to say about that casting call and subsequent rumors, does he?

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:05 pm

Sonuva.... Looks like I spoke too soon......

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/3893391/board?viewpost=4114285&start=30

There are going to be many teases of casting choices.. One day Superman is going to be young and the next I hear he's older.. WB is purposely trying to confuse people so they can keep things under wraps better than they did with SR.. Emi and I were ALL over Singer like white on rice.. Snyder is getting a kick out of internet rumors right now actually..

Anyway, it's quite possible we find out the final choice before the entire cast and story of Batman 3 is leaked out..

Routh is gone.. period.. Cavill and Levi are out too.. Hamm is still up for the role but not top choice.. Manganiello and Welling are also still on the short list.. The only bad thing I've heard so far is they are still open to the possibility of Superman being under 6' tall and not very buff.. I don't like it or agree with it.. So I'm hoping it was false info.

Dig the bold part. HIM and his ex-wife were "all over Singer"? STILL pretending like HE was behind the whole anti-Singer movement? God, I am starting to hate that doucher.....

But read what he says. Now he's "hoping" things? He is "in" with Snyder and knows what he is thinking? Jesus, they guy THRIVES off of the "adoration" he gets from those morons, doesn't he?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:18 pm

Guess he was taking time to come up with something. I am sure nolan and snyder will cast right good acting skills and the right look. Snyder has been said he loves comics right and wants things to look right. So I am sure they will do casting right.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Archdouchenozzle wrote:WB is purposely trying to confuse people so they can keep things under wraps better than they did with SR..
This is the same type of "logic" Apologists use. Back in 2008, there was this conspiracy theory floating around like a turd in a toilet that Singerman 2- Man of Pleather had "secretly gone into production". Yeah, cuz, y'know, WB doesn't want to drum up interest in a multi-hundred million dollar film or anything, heavens no!

As it goes for our old buddy Archjackoff, follow me on this. Why in THE FUCK would WB knowingly release (with their name on it) BS info? What, are prospective ticket-buyers going to be happy they were lied to?

And something else? I didn't follow the Singerman production in minute detail or anything but I'd like to think I kept relatively up on it. Little of it really leaked out. Certain things were announced in interviews and whatnot (ie, "vague history", "[Singerman] will be coming back after a five year absence", that shit) but I can't remember too many plot points getting leaked out. Certain things were (or should've been) obvious to the point of being common sense. Who among us didn't guess that Damian-looking kid would end up being Singerman's spawn? "Singerman's been gone for five years. And hey, Lois' kid looks like he's about five years old. Gee, wonder who Daddy is?!" But you'd be hard-pressed to find any kind of spoiler report or anything about a lot of Singerman's plot points. I honestly don't remember too many ever leaking.

If Archdingleberry is going to revise history, he owes it to us to do so in a way that doesn't insult everyones intelligence, you dig what I'm saying?

Archdouchenozzle wrote:Manganiello and Welling are also still on the short list..
Few people want Tom Welling to star in a Superman movie as much as I do. But guys? It's time to start getting realistic. Archfuckface is becoming the equivalent of Steve "Singerman 2 is just 'round the corner!" Younis. I would love to be wrong on this but I just don't see it happening.

Apologist Puncher wrote:Dig the bold part. HIM and his ex-wife were "all over Singer"? STILL pretending like HE was behind the whole anti-Singer movement? God, I am starting to hate that doucher.....
I believe you know my views on this. Still, is anybody swallowing that line? I'm sorry but if anyone out there is idiotic enough to believe that Archdicknose had jackshit to do with the Realist movement before 2007 (if even that early), they're WOEFULLY ignorant. There's no curing that kind of stupidity. The Singerman Suck blog date stamps don't lie. SSS was there first, period.

Apologist Puncher wrote:But read what he says. Now he's "hoping" things? He is "in" with Snyder and knows what he is thinking? Jesus, they guy THRIVES off of the "adoration" he gets from those morons, doesn't he?
More and more, I think the reason he ditched us is because he knew we were starting to catch on to his little scam. There was no way he could claim credit for starting the anti-Singer movement on any of our forums so he hijacked Counting Down (the discourse of which makes basically any AICN talkback you've ever read come off like Faulkner).

The guy becomes more and more pathetic with each passing day. It really is sadly laughable at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:35 pm

thec0l0rsblend wrote:This is the same type of "logic" Apologists use. Back in 2008, there was this conspiracy theory floating around like a turd in a toilet that Singerman 2- Man of Pleather had "secretly gone into production". Yeah, cuz, y'know, WB doesn't want to drum up interest in a multi-hundred million dollar film or anything, heavens no!

As it goes for our old buddy Archjackoff, follow me on this. Why in THE FUCK would WB knowingly release (with their name on it) BS info? What, are prospective ticket-buyers going to be happy they were lied to?

Exactly.

All he did was say a lot to say nothing at all.

And something else? I didn't follow the Singerman production in minute detail or anything but I'd like to think I kept relatively up on it. Little of it really leaked out. Certain things were announced in interviews and whatnot (ie, "vague history", "[Singerman] will be coming back after a five year absence", that shit) but I can't remember too many plot points getting leaked out. Certain things were (or should've been) obvious to the point of being common sense. Who among us didn't guess that Damian-looking kid would end up being Singerman's spawn? "Singerman's been gone for five years. And hey, Lois' kid looks like he's about five years old. Gee, wonder who Daddy is?!" But you'd be hard-pressed to find any kind of spoiler report or anything about a lot of Singerman's plot points. I honestly don't remember too many ever leaking.

Very true. There were rumors and hearsay, but not a lot of actual FACT released ahead of time.

You actually had to go to the theater to see how shitty it was.

If Archdingleberry is going to revise history, he owes it to us to do so in a way that doesn't insult everyones intelligence, you dig what I'm saying?

The One & ONLY Archangel! - Page 3 Ickyspaghettiio5

Few people want Tom Welling to star in a Superman movie as much as I do. But guys? It's time to start getting realistic. Archfuckface is becoming the equivalent of Steve "Singerman 2 is just 'round the corner!" Younis. I would love to be wrong on this but I just don't see it happening.

He just keeps pimping his name out so in the SLIM chance that it happens, he can say "See, I was right all along!!!".

I believe you know my views on this. Still, is anybody swallowing that line? I'm sorry but if anyone out there is idiotic enough to believe that Archdicknose had jackshit to do with the Realist movement before 2007 (if even that early), they're WOEFULLY ignorant. There's no curing that kind of stupidity. The Singerman Suck blog date stamps don't lie. SSS was there first, period.

The morons over at that site are probably under the impression that what he is saying is "true".

More and more, I think the reason he ditched us is because he knew we were starting to catch on to his little scam. There was no way he could claim credit for starting the anti-Singer movement on any of our forums so he hijacked Counting Down (the discourse of which makes basically any AICN talkback you've ever read come off like Faulkner).

Not anywhere that he KNOWS he would get a verbal ass-kicking. Instead, he does it at a place where he knows his little "pets" will stick-up for him.

One of these days, I might just join up there, and let the TRUTH be known.

The guy becomes more and more pathetic with each passing day. It really is sadly laughable at this point.

He passed "laughable" six months ago.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:56 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:
Very true. There were rumors and hearsay, but not a lot of actual FACT released ahead of time.

You actually had to go to the theater to see how shitty it was.

That's very true. Another thing was the early reviews were mostly positive....somehow. I still can't figure that one. It wasn't until reviewers that actually could tell the difference between real quality and studio spin and hype, like Roger Ebert, started calling it as it was...a bore.

Then the word of mouth effect worked it's wonders.......

I'd love to know Emi's thoughts on her ex's scoops now. I thought she was the one with the contacts anyway.

Whatever, at least you can understand why she hit the road.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:11 am

Father Finian wrote:That's very true. Another thing was the early reviews were mostly positive....somehow. I still can't figure that one. It wasn't until reviewers that actually could tell the difference between real quality and studio spin and hype, like Roger Ebert, started calling it as it was...a bore.
I make no pretense of being an expert on the ins and outs of Hollywood back-patting but my guess would be that you can attribute a lot of Singerman's positive reviews to one of two things.

First, there's good old fashioned threats and/or bribes. "Hey, file a positive review of our new movie. Here's $2,000 for your troubles. Plus, we won't tell your boss about it. Thanks! Love, WB."

But second? Frankly, a lot of reviewers look down their noses at Hollywood tentpole features. Your Iron Mans, your Jurassic Parks, your Star Wars, etc. Hell, history has largely forgotten this but Episode IV/A New Hope/Star Wars/the original fucking one wasn't as well-reviewed when it first came out as The Phantom Menace. Truth. Go check for yourself. One major gripe against the first Star Wars was what it (correctly) implied about the then future of American cinema. Up to that point, snooty reviewers had grown accustomed to darker, edgier films, usually with a more "mature" and European flavor to them. Star Wars? That was the beginning of the end of that trend in cinema. Rather than building on what 1970's filmmaking had been all about, the 1980's became the decade of the blockbuster summer action movie.

To this day, a lot of uptight, holier-than-thou-art movie reviewers still haven't forgiven George Lucas for that.

So. Their expectations and desires for a superhero movie differ wildly from "the unwashed masses". We're stupider than they are, see, and that's why we're satisfied with "low brow", populist cinema.

So you've got Singerman, right? For starters, the, ahem, "alternative lifestyle" metaphor makes itself evident in a few scenes. Routh hardly plays the stereotypical Boy Scout. Good thing too because the writing sure as hell doesn't present the moral, virtuous and wholesome Superman most of us cherish in the comics. Singerman, as a movie, puts very little value on action and spectacle, choosing instead to focus on boring and contrived tension between Routh and Bosworth. So on and so on and so on. If you're a snooty movie reviewer, most of this shit is right up your alley.

If you're a fan of the comics who just wants to see an action-packed Superman film that doesn't try to be anything other than a fucking action-packed Superman film, there's just no way to watch Singerman without getting pissed off. Period, end of story.

How did Singerman get such great reviews? My theory is that it comes from the either the exploitation of a given reviewer's natural prejudices along or, lacking that, a nice bribe.

Which, of course, also explains why Ebert panned the movie.

Then the word of mouth effect worked it's wonders.......
What word of mouth? In spite of a $100 mill marketing campaign, it was still news to a lot of people that a new Superman movie was coming out that summer. I sincerely don't think it's so much that Singerman had piss-poor word of mouth. No, my good friends, Singerman was given a far worse insult from the American movie-going public: utter ambivalence.

I'd love to know Emi's thoughts on her ex's scoops now. I thought she was the one with the contacts anyway.

Whatever, at least you can understand why she hit the road.
The way I heard it, EmiJayne had her sources but Steve was supposedly the guy with the real connections. Even so, I do remember that EmiJayne called a few things going on with JLA. She was the first person I clearly remember naming the actress chick who was to play Wonder Woman. She then reported (correctly) when the cast began flying out to Australia for principal photography. Variety ended up confirming as much about 24 or 48 hours later.

Those things could've been cobbled together from cruising other sources on the web. I'm totally willing to accept that as a possibility. But EmiJayne does seem to have a few accurate predictions on her side.

Mind you, and to paraphrase Martin Sheen, the bullshit surrounding JLA piled up so fast you needed wings to stay above it so who the hell even knows?

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:52 am

thec0l0rsblend wrote:What word of mouth? In spite of a $100 mill marketing campaign, it was still news to a lot of people that a new Superman movie was coming out that summer. I sincerely don't think it's so much that Singerman had piss-poor word of mouth. No, my good friends, Singerman was given a far worse insult from the American movie-going public: utter ambivalence.

Yeah, I can recall seeing Ruth plastered all over a cereal promotion down here. The "Smallville" promo down here at the time went "Before you see him return, see how he began" and was tied into fairly heavy rotation, but it did just fail to engage an audience properly.

We know why, for various reasons, but I maintain the worst offence in that regard was how Singerman himself looked. To be polite as possible, it polarised opinion. I'm still disappointed they chose to reuse the Singerman outfit in Smallville. I'd rather see Kirk Alyn's outfit over that one. I've been saying this since 2006, but Freddie Mercury wouldn't have worn the Singerman outfit. He wasn't that flamboyant. It was a look that may have worked on a float at Mardi Gras, but not so much for the original Superhero.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:31 pm

Father Finian wrote:
Yeah, I can recall seeing Ruth plastered all over a cereal promotion down here. The "Smallville" promo down here at the time went "Before you see him return, see how he began" and was tied into fairly heavy rotation, but it did just fail to engage an audience properly.

We know why, for various reasons, but I maintain the worst offence in that regard was how Singerman himself looked. To be polite as possible, it polarised opinion. I'm still disappointed they chose to reuse the Singerman outfit in Smallville. I'd rather see Kirk Alyn's outfit over that one. I've been saying this since 2006, but Freddie Mercury wouldn't have worn the Singerman outfit. He wasn't that flamboyant. It was a look that may have worked on a float at Mardi Gras, but not so much for the original Superhero.

Don't forget, Freddie Mercury actually had talent, so that automatically disqualified him from putting that fetish wetsuit on in the first place.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:43 pm

I SHOULD have new Internet service in about a week so I don't have as much time to post but couldn't resist this:

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/3893391/board?viewpost=4116365

It's not exactly like we couldn't have seen THAT one coming now is it?! Rolling Eyes

'Steve', you NEVER seem to disappoint us, now do ya? You really telegraphed THAT confirmation, now didn't ya?! Suspect

Last edited by non_amos on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelling)
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum