Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Even Singer Doesn't Like BJ!

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
Apologist Puncher
non_amos
thecolorsblend
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Even Singer Doesn't Like BJ! - Page 4 Empty Re: Even Singer Doesn't Like BJ!

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:57 am

In edition to Singer's recent comment on how he wants to reboot Superman here's what he also had to say in regards to doing a "Superman Returns" sequel as once plan from a source from Comicbookmovie.com...

Stated by Bryan Singer from Empire Magazine:
Half of that I understand and half of it I never will, It was a movie made for a certain kind of audience. Perhaps more of a female audience. It wasn't what it needed to be, I guess. I think I could lop the first quarter off and start the movie a bit more aggressively and maybe find a way to start the movie with the jet disaster sequence or something. I could have grabbed the audience a little more quickly. I don'y know what would have helped. Probably nothing. If I could go again, I would do an origin. I would reboot it.

That was the title. Actually, my buddy, one of my two best friends, came up with that. We did explore it a little. Just hammering out ideas. I think Darkseid was going to be the villain. It was pretty world-destroying, actually. I ended up having the opportunity to go and make Valkyrie, and I think the studio lost interest at that point, I can't say it was all the studio's fault and I can't say it was all my fault. It just fizzled out.

I don't know about you guys but there's one word that I think says it all... JEALOUSY!!!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:47 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:In edition to Singer's recent comment on how he wants to reboot Superman here's what he also had to say in regards to doing a "Superman Returns" sequel as once plan from a source from Comicbookmovie.com...

Stated by Bryan Singer from Empire Magazine:
Half of that I understand and half of it I never will, It was a movie made for a certain kind of audience. Perhaps more of a female audience. It wasn't what it needed to be, I guess. I think I could lop the first quarter off and start the movie a bit more aggressively and maybe find a way to start the movie with the jet disaster sequence or something. I could have grabbed the audience a little more quickly. I don'y know what would have helped. Probably nothing. If I could go again, I would do an origin. I would reboot it.

That was the title. Actually, my buddy, one of my two best friends, came up with that. We did explore it a little. Just hammering out ideas. I think Darkseid was going to be the villain. It was pretty world-destroying, actually. I ended up having the opportunity to go and make Valkyrie, and I think the studio lost interest at that point, I can't say it was all the studio's fault and I can't say it was all my fault. It just fizzled out.

I don't know about you guys but there's one word that I think says it all... JEALOUSY!!!

If I remember correctly, Singer's been on the reboot bandwagon since X-Men- First Class came out. Then and apparently only then did he see the wisdom of rebooting. In fact, that's the very first post in this thread.[quote="thecolorsblend"]WOW! Shocked

Digital Spy wrote:"If I'm really honest, what I probably would have done is go back and retell the origin story with someone like Nicholas Hoult [playing Clark Kent/Superman]," he said.

"I would have done it differently from Richard Donner's original, which I love, but instead of doing a sequel I'd have started from the beginning - maybe I had that in the back of my mind and instead translated it to X-Men: First Class!"

URL- http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a314721/singer-id-cast-nicholas-hoult-as-superman.html
So not only would he (supposedly) have rebooted but he would've bypassed Blandon entirely. Tells me everything I need to know about what he really thinks of his former lead.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:55 pm

More Stated by Bryan Singer:
Um...I think Henry Cavill is great. I knew Henry. He and I were friends years ago. Oddly enough, the reason I didn't cast him was because I was making a sequel to Christopher Reeve and I wanted somebody who embodied Reeve more.

I am in awe of the world building and the scope of that picture. It's tough for me. I'm not a critic and it starts to get into a weird thing where one director is talking about another director. I know how hard it is to make a movie, especially one of these movies and especially a Superman movie, and there was so much I was impressed with in that movie. There were things I might have done a little differently just because of the way I view the character. Don't misinterpret that as me not liking something. It's not 'Bryan Singer's review of Man Of Steel'!

Dude doesn't know when to quit. Face it Singer, "Superman Returns" sucked ass while "Man of Steel" kicked ass! Quit making excuses and just give it up if you aleast have any dignity left!

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:18 pm

I thought Singer said the villain would be Zod played by Jude Law. Why is he now saying Darkseid? Where did that come from?!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:20 am

Actually Singer plan to have Zod in SR but couldn't get Jude Law to play'em cause he turn it down, so I doubt he'll bring on Zod in a planned sequel. But I did hear he was going to use Brainiac but now I hear about him bringing on Darkseid which make me ask... Which is it really?

Man has alot of excuses it isn't funny!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:19 am

Jude Law might have made a good Zod in the Terence Stamp mold. But under Singer? Doubtful.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4