Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Singer on the reboot

2 posters

Go down

Singer on the reboot Empty Singer on the reboot

Post  webhead2006 Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:37 pm

Just thought i post this. We have link/post about donner on snyder now singer has some comments about snyder:
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2010/11/bryan-singer-gives-views-on-su.html
Bryan Singer gives views on Superman reboot, Joe Manganiello addresses casting
By David Bentley on Nov 8, 10 12:30 AM

The new film, directed by Zack Snyder, will be unrelated to all previous releases including the most recent endeavour, Bryan Singer's Superman Returns in 2006. Bryan had at one time spoken of his ideas for a direct sequel but Warner Bros has instead decided to reboot the franchise.

So what does Singer think of these latest plans to relaunch the hero with no connection to his or the other films?

The filmmaker spoke about the project while at a recent film screening. Asked what he thought of Snyder coming on board to make a new Superman film, Singer said: "At the time I left, it would be more odd than it is now. Because it's been four years, my brain is so occupied.

"I'm sort of like a tennis ball - I bounced from the X-Men to Superman and back to X-Men so I've been in that world a while, and then I'm doing this other film (Jack the Giant Killer) at Warners, which is where I did Superman, so I'm with the same people.

"So now it (the new Superman film) makes sense. It's a movie I would want to see, I think Zack's so talented and I applaud Warner and Legendary for choosing somebody who's a filmmaker and not necessarily just a shooter."

Singer (pictured left) added: "It's Superman, it's gonna be made over and over in one form or another, and I'm sure Zack won't be the last person to touch it either, so in a way it's not in my mind any more. It would have been two and a half years ago."

I previously reported on what Bryan had to say about the X-Men: First Class project - on which he is a producer - and whether Hugh Jackman's Wolverine would make a cameo appearance

Meanwhile, Snyder revealed a few more details about the Superman film in an interview in Empire magazine.

Addressing the previous big-screen incarnations, he said: "The Donner version - 1978's Superman: The Movie - is probably my favourite. It's one of the first tentpole movies ever made."

Agreeing that it works because it believes in the character 100 per cent, Zack adds: "That's what the best superhero movies do, especially when you look at the modern generation. The best are the ones where the movie itself is so transcendent of the genre. It's the best actors doing the best job they can, making a fantasy drama relevant to everyone. That's the trick."

Actor/writer/producer Danny Arroyo previously told The Geek Files why he believes Superman: The Movie is the best superhero film ever made and you can check out that article here.

Richard Donner has also given his backing to Snyder
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Singer on the reboot Empty Re: Singer on the reboot

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:38 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Just thought i post this. We have link/post about donner on snyder now singer has some comments about snyder:
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2010/11/bryan-singer-gives-views-on-su.html
Bryan Singer gives views on Superman reboot, Joe Manganiello addresses casting
By David Bentley on Nov 8, 10 12:30 AM

The new film, directed by Zack Snyder, will be unrelated to all previous releases including the most recent endeavour, Bryan Singer's Superman Returns in 2006. Bryan had at one time spoken of his ideas for a direct sequel but Warner Bros has instead decided to reboot the franchise.

So what does Singer think of these latest plans to relaunch the hero with no connection to his or the other films?

The filmmaker spoke about the project while at a recent film screening. Asked what he thought of Snyder coming on board to make a new Superman film, Singer said: "At the time I left, it would be more odd than it is now. Because it's been four years, my brain is so occupied.

"My wiw feewings are hurt, but I wiw pwetend wike I don't tink about it...."

"I'm sort of like a tennis ball - I bounced from the X-Men to Superman and back to X-Men so I've been in that world a while, and then I'm doing this other film (Jack the Giant Killer) at Warners, which is where I did Superman, so I'm with the same people.

Translation: "I don't really like Superman anyway. I have always preferred the "lifestyle"-themed X-Men, and I love it over there"

"So now it (the new Superman film) makes sense. It's a movie I would want to see, I think Zack's so talented and I applaud Warner and Legendary for choosing somebody who's a filmmaker and not necessarily just a shooter."

Translation: "I hope whoever is in the suit looks HOT. You know, like in 300? Anybody??"

Singer (pictured left) added: "It's Superman, it's gonna be made over and over in one form or another, and I'm sure Zack won't be the last person to touch it either, so in a way it's not in my mind any more. It would have been two and a half years ago."

Translation: "You bastards from SingersSupermanSucks won. I hate you poopy-heads!"

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:42 pm

haha totally what i think he feels about it.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:59 pm

It's funny, I wasn't expecting Singer to actively smack-talk Nolan or Snyder (something about respecting one's betters) but some of those comments do have a kind of passive-aggressive undertone going. "Other people will do Superman besides Snyder" and whatnot. One way to read that is "oh well, in twenty years, nobody will remember the Snyder version". Maybe not. But if they remember Singerman at all, it'll only be because it was such a monumental misfire. You tell me which is worse- (1) a superhero franchise that does what it set out to do and then fades quietly into the good night after a profitable, crowd-pleasing run or (2) a film that never gets a sequel because the director has ego problems and poor budget-management skills.

Gee, tough choice!

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:24 am

thec0l0rsblend wrote:It's funny, I wasn't expecting Singer to actively smack-talk Nolan or Snyder (something about respecting one's betters) but some of those comments do have a kind of passive-aggressive undertone going. "Other people will do Superman besides Snyder" and whatnot. One way to read that is "oh well, in twenty years, nobody will remember the Snyder version". Maybe not. But if they remember Singerman at all, it'll only be because it was such a monumental misfire.

I wonder if Singer gave a *sigh* and an eye-roll before he made these comments....

thec0l0rsblend wrote:You tell me which is worse- (1) a superhero franchise that does what it set out to do and then fades quietly into the good night after a profitable, crowd-pleasing run or (2) a film that never gets a sequel because the director has ego problems and poor budget-management skills.!

Singerman Peeps.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down