Even Singer Doesn't Like BJ!

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Even Singer Doesn't Like BJ!

Post  James Stocks on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:18 am

Makes sense. I don't know much about the how the site functions beyond fans getting together, news bits and reviews, so I always took it at face value, and I was in good standing with Younis who always came off as a nice bloke all and all, though we don't chat as much as we used to these days. Same with Neal Bailey and Douglas Trumble during The WB years, which I'd say was the peak of my Superman fandom. I certainly do miss those years before SR came out when there was that anticipation of the first Supes film in 20 years (when we were ignorant of what kind of stink it would really make). It's different now with MOS coming out because of so many being disillusioned after SR. There are people excited for it, but there's definitely a more wary approach.

James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:23 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Steve Eunuch makes his money off of his website. Let's not kid ourselves with thinking he does it for the "fans".
In defense of... well, somebody. Me, I guess. That idea that the Eunuch was out for the fans was easier to buy into before Singerman came along. Sure, there'd be dust ups and disagreements over things but basically it kinda felt like we were all on the same page. Mostly. It took the comment section of the Singerman Sucks blog to point out just how out of whack things really were as far as Eunuch is concerned before the truth of this thing really soaked in.

Apologist Puncher wrote:He didn't make the choice he did willy-nilly. He saw the $$, and was NOT going to let his corporate overlords see people on HIS site bad-mouthing their "product".
Makes you wonder, donnit? The Eunuch blew the whistle on that Welling/JLA thing and about 24 or 48 hours later, "the dial-up account from Colorado" took his entire friggin website out. Apparently there was some truth in the story Eunuch posted. And we know WB was serious about boot Singer, boot Routh, reboot Superman. And not long after Eunuch shot his mouth off, his page went down.

A lot of people were reading between a lot of lines right about then.

I swear, somebody is going to write a book or something someday and that whole shit is going to come out. Methinks those of us who buy into the JLA/Welling thing will have some amount of vindication.

thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:12 pm

I found something that cracked me up, and I thought I'd share it with you all:

Pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

User Reputation : 548

http://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:16 am

That "S" is so PEW-NAY... and TIE-NAY.

James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:50 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I found something that cracked me up, and I thought I'd share it with you all:

Pretty much says it all, doesn't it?
I guess the picture after this one would show poor Singerman crying. Or stalking Lois Fivehead. Or crying as he stalks Lois Fivehead.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks on Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:05 am

Or just downing a couple of beers at a bar.

James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:19 am

Lol ap nice find.

webhead2006
Missing In Action
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:05 am

Surprise, surprise. BJ's "comedy" show CANCELLED already:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/cbs-freshman-comedy-partners-cancelled/

CBS Freshman Comedy ‘Partners’ Cancelled

By NELLIE ANDREEVA | Friday November 16, 2012 @ 10:17am PST
Tags: CBS, Partners

I have learned that CBS has decided not to give a back order to new comedy Partners. The show will be pulled from the schedule immediately, with comedy repeats airing in the Monday 8:30 PM slot for the time being. The news comes on the heels of Partners hitting a series low (1.8 18-49 rating) on Monday while the rest of the CBS Monday series were up or steady. Partners, starring David Krumholtz and Michael Urie, has been the weakest link in CBS’ Monday lineup, disrupting the comedy flow and likely hurting new 9 PM tentpole 2 Broke Girls, for which it served as a lead-in. (UPDATE: CBS has released scheduling info for next Monday, with a Two And A Half Men repeat set to air at 8:30 PM. This marks the veteran comedy’s symbolic return to Mondays, where it aired for nine seasons before relocating to Thursdays this fall.)

Even with the series-low 1.8 rating, Partners this week was on par or higher than all new fall comedies on other networks that have received back orders except NBC’s Go On (2.2). But for CBS comedy standards, it fell short.

Partners, from David Kohan and Max Mutchnick, was the only new comedy CBS introduced this fall. The network has Friend Me on tap for midseason. CBS would not comment on the situation, but veteran Rules Of Engagement will likely be summoned in to bridge the gap until Friend Me comes on. Of its fall freshman class, CBS has given dramas Elementary and Vegas full-season orders, while Made In Jersey and Partners have been cancelled.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:10 am

It's the network's fault, somehow, they just didn't recognize the guy's "genius"...

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:08 am

I know it was mentioned in one of these threads, but I just watched 'Ted', and if you want to laugh - see it, but the line at the end cracked me up so much I had to listen to it THREE TIMES.

(Patrick Stewart V.O.): "Sam Jones moved back to Hollywood with the goal of restarting his film career. He currently resides in Burbank, where he shares a studio apartment with his roommate Brandon Routh. Remember Brandon Routh, from that god-awful Superman movie? JESUS CHRIST, way to get our hopes up, then take a giant SHIT on us!"

Classic.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:14 am

I'll have to check that out when I can. I have a feeling though that no one will be laughing at Henry Cavill next summer, whether he has the support of duh brothers or not. But BJ? Keep 'em 'cumming'! lol!

non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:53 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I know it was mentioned in one of these threads, but I just watched 'Ted', and if you want to laugh - see it, but the line at the end cracked me up so much I had to listen to it THREE TIMES.

(Patrick Stewart V.O.): "Sam Jones moved back to Hollywood with the goal of restarting his film career. He currently resides in Burbank, where he shares a studio apartment with his roommate Brandon Routh. Remember Brandon Routh, from that god-awful Superman movie? JESUS CHRIST, way to get our hopes up, then take a giant SHIT on us!"

Classic.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:43 pm

To solidify this thread's title, I was just thinking about how much BS obviously DOESN'T think BJ Routh can act. He used BJ as a stand-in for his Chris Reeve crush, and then tossed him aside once he got it out of his system.

Singer used 'First Class' actor Nicholas Hoult for 'Jack The Giant Flopper'. He will be using him AGAIN for 'DOFP'. He recently went to the press and said Hoult "should be considered for a young Han Solo" in the new Star Wars trilogy. He's campaigning for the kid, when not giving him high-profile gigs in the meantime. But BJ? Did Singer use him in 'Valcrappy'? 'Giant Flopper'? Even just small parts, to show he had faith in him?

Nope. Nada. Zilch. Nothing.

Nothing prevented Singer from giving him a job. Does anyone REALLY think there isn't a small speaking role in 'DOFP' that he could have given to ol' BJ, instead of whoever else is getting it? If Singer actually thought BJ had "talent", wouldn't he look out for him, knowing how shitty his post-Singerman career has gone? But he hasn't. And he won't.

To me, this validates ALL our criticism of BJ's wooden "acting", and shits in the face of all the Apologists who STILL insists it was NONE of BJ's fault. If it wasn't, why won't BS touch him with a 10 ft pole?

Even Kevin Spacey used Kate "Six-Head" Bosworth again after Singerman.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:58 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:To solidify this thread's title, I was just thinking about how much BS obviously DOESN'T think BJ Routh can act. He used BJ as a stand-in for his Chris Reeve crush, and then tossed him aside once he got it out of his system.

Singer used 'First Class' actor Nicholas Hoult for 'Jack The Giant Flopper'. He will be using him AGAIN for 'DOFP'. He recently went to the press and said Hoult "should be considered for a young Han Solo" in the new Star Wars trilogy. He's campaigning for the kid, when not giving him high-profile gigs in the meantime. But BJ? Did Singer use him in 'Valcrappy'? 'Giant Flopper'? Even just small parts, to show he had faith in him?

Nope. Nada. Zilch. Nothing.

Nothing prevented Singer from giving him a job. Does anyone REALLY think there isn't a small speaking role in 'DOFP' that he could have given to ol' BJ, instead of whoever else is getting it? If Singer actually thought BJ had "talent", wouldn't he look out for him, knowing how shitty his post-Singerman career has gone? But he hasn't. And he won't.

To me, this validates ALL our criticism of BJ's wooden "acting", and shits in the face of all the Apologists who STILL insists it was NONE of BJ's fault. If it wasn't, why won't BS touch him with a 10 ft pole?

Even Kevin Spacey used Kate "Six-Head" Bosworth again after Singerman.
No kidding. I mean, even Kevin Smith threw the guy a pity bit part in Zack & Miri. What, Valkyrie didn't have a cameo available (or that could be created) to give Blandon a day or two of work and some face time?

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Fri May 17, 2013 7:42 pm

Going to a con tomorrow. Blandon is going to be there. Obviously I've got nothing to say to the guy so I'll probably spend more time hanging around Kevin Conroy's booth. But yeah, he is going to be there.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Fri May 17, 2013 8:16 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Going to a con tomorrow. Blandon is going to be there. Obviously I've got nothing to say to the guy so I'll probably spend more time hanging around Kevin Conroy's booth. But yeah, he is going to be there.

Hey man, you might wanna talk to the dude anyway. Ask him if he can't get you some discounts for the bowling alley or some coupons for some burgers & fries. Wink

Seriously though, it might not hurt to 'pick his brain' just to see what he'd have to say about Singerman, Henry Cavill as SUPERMAN, etc. Hey, at this point, the guy would probably even do an interview with you for this site! Smile

non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Fri May 17, 2013 10:56 pm

non_amos wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:Going to a con tomorrow. Blandon is going to be there. Obviously I've got nothing to say to the guy so I'll probably spend more time hanging around Kevin Conroy's booth. But yeah, he is going to be there.

Hey man, you might wanna talk to the dude anyway. Ask him if he can't get you some discounts for the bowling alley or some coupons for some burgers & fries. Wink

Seriously though, it might not hurt to 'pick his brain' just to see what he'd have to say about Singerman, Henry Cavill as SUPERMAN, etc. Hey, at this point, the guy would probably even do an interview with you for this site! Smile
There's a school of thought which says that Singerman's problems have nothing to do with Routh. I've never bought into it, m'self. Chris Reeve faced some of the same obstacles when he did STM and he overcame. To be sure, he was working with a talented director as opposed to an overrated one but the point stands. With one hell of an assist from John Williams, Reeve took what could have been shlock and made it into something the world will never forget.

Routh had the same opportunity (if not necessarily the same advantages admittedly)... and he mucked it up. It's hard not to take that personally after such a long wait.

But maybe you're right.

EDIT- Still, I've always expected a conversation with Blandon to be along the lines of...

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher on Sat May 18, 2013 4:55 pm

If it was ME, I would do something like this:

Take a 'Man Of Steel' magazine/movie ticket/merchandise up for BJ to "autograph". BUT, right before he did, say "Oh wait, that's not you! My mistake. That's a REAL Superman".

And then walk away.

Apologist Puncher
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sun May 19, 2013 8:59 am

What actually happened is arguably even better. Basically, one of our group is a blind Superman fan. If it's Superman, he unquestioningly accepts it.

This includes Routh.

So he was overjoyed at the prospect of meeting Blandon. He wanted someone there to take pictures. Guess who got drafted for it?

We've all heard the stories. "Routh is one hell of a nice guy, tons of fun to be around, etc". Well, "fun" is completely relative in my view but he is a nice guy. But most of us around here have long been on the record for not liking him as a performer and what happened on Saturday proved to be a very quick and almost painful lesson in how real actors roll. And it was completely unintentional.

One of our group members asked Routh what he did to mentally prepare for the role. Routh rambled about "sense of justice" and "inherent goodness" and it was just kind of embarrassing.

Not even twenty minutes later, we were in line to meet Kevin Conroy. Someone gave him a piece of paper to read. It was a "script" to read as an intro for someone's Batman podcast. The idea goes that Conroy introducing the podcast would be kind of cool. And I agree. And Conroy was a good sport so he did. But the writer put a joke into it. "This is Kevin Conroy and you're listening to Joe Blow's Batman Podcast. (beat) I don't know why."

No bullshit, no "sense of justice" or any other stupidity, Conroy read the blurb for maybe five or six seconds, instantly understood what he needed to do and how he needed to read the blurb in order for the joke to make sense (without it even being fucking explained to him) and knocked it out. No bullshit. He nailed it in one go.

What Conroy did wasn't really "acting" but at the same time it kind of was because he needed to hit a certain type of note in order for the intro to be humorous as it is intended to be. With less than ten seconds of prep, he delivered what that guy is sure to fall in love with as the promo/intro for his Batman podcast. Seriously, no more than five seconds of prep and Conroy was ready to go.

Conroy is a Julliard-trained actor, and it shows. Routh is a nice guy.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Sun May 19, 2013 2:52 pm

So Colors, you actually met Routh then & not just saw him from a distance? I know you held the camera but did you actually converse with him? And if so, was there anywhere in this scenario that anyone asked anything him about MAN OF STEEL? That's what I'm interested to know.

"Well BJ, how do you feel about Henry Cavill playing Superman? And how do you feel about the film being called MAN OF STEEL when that's what your proposed sequel was going to be called?"

That's the sort of thing I'm getting at.

non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Sun May 19, 2013 3:43 pm

non_amos wrote:So Colors, you actually met Routh then & not just saw him from a distance? I know you held the camera but did you actually converse with him? And if so, was there anywhere in this scenario that anyone asked anything him about MAN OF STEEL? That's what I'm interested to know.
After he signed my friend's posters, Routh voluntarily reached out to shake my hand so I shook hands. If that counts as "meeting him", yeah, I guess I "met" him.

non_amos wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:"Well BJ, how do you feel about Henry Cavill playing Superman? And how do you feel about the film being called MAN OF STEEL when that's what your proposed sequel was going to be called?"
That's the sort of thing I'm getting at.
Nah, didn't really speak to him. I just didn't see anything positive coming out of that. What's done is done. Something tells me that Henry Cavill will end up being the Superman everybody remembers while BJ vanishes into obscurity. In fact, I'd be really amazed if some revisionist history doesn't come along at some point that calls Cavill "the first modern Superman", "Chris Reeve's successor", "the first new actor to wear the Superman costume since Superman IV" and other stuff that totally ignores Routh, Singerman and that whole mess. I think his position in history is tenuous at best.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Mon May 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Oh, something else. For whatever else you can say about BJ, he's got height going for him. I pegged him at 6'2" or 6'3" or so. Tough to be sure, esp since I only saw him stand up and walk just a few times and from a slight distance, but that's my guess. But, as you might have supposed, he's mostly torso. I've long suspected that was one reason for the Singerman bikini looking the way it did and now I'm positive. And then there's the infamous "long and lanky" thing; it's true. His natural proportions really are more in line with the swimmers build other people have brought up. That ain't just shit-talk from the Realists.

Now, compare this with Cavill, who's supposed to be about the same height as BJ (or maybe a bit taller) but has more even proportions all around as well as broader shoulders, a naturally thicker build and just a "more solid" frame (Puncher could probably articulate this shit better than I can) and I'm more convinced than ever that Henry Cavill is going to OWN the role from a physical standpoint. He's going to fucking destroy, mark my words. Whether MOS turns out well or not, people will walk out of that movie saying "Now THAT is how Superman is SUPPOSED to look!"

And obviously Cavill's got skills so there's no question that he can play the part. He'll physically sell himself in the role just by showing up and not being BJ.

It's already over, guys. Game, set, match, Cavill.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks on Mon May 20, 2013 4:54 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Something tells me that Henry Cavill will end up being the Superman everybody remembers while BJ vanishes into obscurity.
I think the latter already happened well before Cavill.

James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend on Wed May 29, 2013 10:15 am

Went to another con this past weekend with, among other people, that same friend who insisted on meeting BJ. Sam Huntington was there. Unlike Routh, Huntington actually has talent and solid comedic timing. I enjoyed him in Veronica Mars and Fanboys. Even so, I chose not to tag along when that friend ran off to get some Singerman swag autographed. I've about had my fill of Singerman cast members for a while.

thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos on Wed May 29, 2013 10:38 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Went to another con this past weekend with, among other people, that same friend who insisted on meeting BJ. Sam Huntington was there. Unlike Routh, Huntington actually has talent and solid comedic timing. I enjoyed him in Veronica Mars and Fanboys. Even so, I chose not to tag along when that friend ran off to get some Singerman swag autographed. I've about had my fill of Singerman cast members for a while.

Maybe not the right forum for this but this brings something to mind. This week I was wondering who the 'guest cameo' is gonna be in MOS that they 'teased' some time ago. Remember that? I haven't really heard anything since then but I remember the point being that we fans would 'be pleased'. But I'm pretty certain it won't be anyone from Singerman Peeps.

My top guess is that it'll somehow be a 'tribute' of sorts to Christopher Reeve. Not Reeve as Superman because I don't think even duh brothers would wanna steal Cavill's thunder now. However, having something like 'the Reeve Foundation' or what-not might would be a good nod without over-doing-it.

But I think a more likely cameo is of the original Phantom Zone criminals. Of these I think Sarah Douglas & Jack O'Halloran are the most likely candidates. If I remember correctly some time ago they expressed interest in doing cameos & it would be a hoot to see them in MOS especially if it's handled right. Newer fans may not know who they are but established fans will & it might even provide some comic relief of all things. Imagine Sarah Douglas playing some human character who pushes Faora off the top of a building while she's dazed by Superman & she makes a 'pothole' in the pavement below. Wouldn't you get a kick out of something like that? And for those 'in the know' fans it would be a riot!

non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:50 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top