Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zack Snyder Discusses Visual Style, Cavill's Workout Plan

2 posters

Go down

Zack Snyder Discusses Visual Style, Cavill's Workout Plan Empty Zack Snyder Discusses Visual Style, Cavill's Workout Plan

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:51 pm

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=32307

Zack Snyder On Visual Style Of A "Realistic" Superman And Henry Cavill's Workout!
The Sucker Punch director talks about how his unique filming style will be affected by his "most realistic movie" yet and both he and his wife also comment on Henry Cavill'straining for the role...

Many thanks to Screenrant for the following excerpts. Be sure to click the link at the bottom of this article to head on over to the site to read more! Firstly, the director of such styilzed movies as 300 and Watchmen commented on whether he'll be bringing any of his iconic techniques to Superman.

"I think the visual style of 'Superman,' though I can’t say for certain as it’s early, but I kind of feel like — and I did say to the studio – that what’s cool for me and interesting, and odd, is that 'Superman' is probably going to be the most realistic movie I’ve ever made."

"It’s kind of fun that the most realistic movie I probably will make is a movie called 'Superman.' Which shows how crazy my other movies are. Because I guess for him to be credible… He gets more credible by the reality that you can bring to him, you know emotionally, and visually, I think."

As for how Henry Cavill is preparing for the role, Snyder said, "Henry’s gonna be hitting the iron pretty hard." And his wife, Deborah, who will be producing the movie, had this to say:

"He’s working right now. They’ve put him on a plan, he’s started in England and as of April 1st we have him full time with us for all that training."

It's also mentioned that the actor is working with Mark Twight, who trained all of the actors in 300) and Damon Caro for the fight training.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Zack Snyder Discusses Visual Style, Cavill's Workout Plan Empty Re: Zack Snyder Discusses Visual Style, Cavill's Workout Plan

Post  webhead2006 Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:15 am

Shoot beat me to it ap lol. Just came across the inteview myself. Was anice read. To hear more on cavill training and the folks who are training him. And about how he wants to approach the style/look for this superman. I hope folks wont mistake his comment of filming more realistic way as meaning superman is going to be taken in that approach like nolan's batman was.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down