Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snyder Says Superman is "Broken" Film-Wise

+4
lib
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
8 posters

Go down

Snyder Says Superman is "Broken" Film-Wise Empty Snyder Says Superman is "Broken" Film-Wise

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:28 pm

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9431

HollywoodOutbreak.com has posted an audio interview with Zack Snyder and his wife/co-collaborator Deborah where they talk about the up-coming Superman movie and how they became involved in the project.

"I think Superman is broken and needs to be fixed (from a movie stand point). He is the biggest superhero on the planet, the father of every superhero."

"I'm like really Thor? Thor has a movie? And there is no Superman movie? It's like the world is out of balance. It's like we lost our minds here people, come on!"

"When Chris (Nolan) and Emma (Thomas) asked Debbie and I to go to lunch they told us their story of what they wanted to do with Superman. And before that I was like 'I don't know, Superman?'." Deborah interjects, "I said to Zack 'I don't really know about this'. Well, let's go see what they have to say, and we both left saying, 'This is great!'" Zack continues, "Yeah because I go 'yeah, this is right'. I didn't need to hear that much before I go, 'Ok this is right. That's the right way to do it'. From my point of view at this point it's so needed. That it's hard. And I am a fan of the character. I want him to be awesome."

Fuckin-A!! Snyder is one of us!!
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Snyder Says Superman is "Broken" Film-Wise Empty Re: Snyder Says Superman is "Broken" Film-Wise

Post  webhead2006 Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:32 pm

saw that i think he is correct in his statement there. The character is broken in film wise(some will probably say comics too(but i dont really follow everything in dc comics wise)). I do have high hopes he/nolans/goyer got the right forumla to bring the character to the right footing he should be.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Snyder Says Superman is "Broken" Film-Wise Empty Re: Snyder Says Superman is "Broken" Film-Wise

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:33 pm

Whoops, I tripped over this earlier. If I'd known it hadn't been posted here, I'd have done the job myself. Would've, should've, could've.

Anyway. Things like this are basically the only things that give me pause at this point. He's a fan of the character but he's never seen the movie potential before? I mean, granted, Superman's had (at best) an uneven run in film but you shouldn't need to be Nolan Almighty in order to see the prospects for Superman adaptations, you know?

Still, he cops to being a major fan of the character, he smack-talks Thor (I dunno about the rest of you but I miss the old DC vs. Marvel rivalries; fuck "cooperation"), he's clearly really excited about the movie (ie, he can't shut up about it)... but he couldn't see the potential?

I dunno, maybe I'm just being hard on the guy. Don't want to sound like a fucking Apologist in all this...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:37 pm

I think it goes more towards all the false-starts Superman has had over the last 20 years, film-wise. How do you see potential in something that has had so many failures already? If you see them royally screwing something up, repeatedly, are you going to take a shot at fixing it yourself, or go on and do things on your own. And do them FIRST?

Having a big-name director choose YOU to take his idea and run with it would instill a certain "perspective" that wasn't there before.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lib Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:25 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I think it goes more towards all the false-starts Superman has had over the last 20 years, film-wise. How do you see potential in something that has had so many failures already? If you see them royally screwing something up, repeatedly, are you going to take a shot at fixing it yourself, or go on and do things on your own. And do them FIRST?

Having a big-name director choose YOU to take his idea and run with it would instill a certain "perspective" that wasn't there before.

I'm in agreement with AP. With all the stupid Superman movie concepts that have been been thought of, and the ridiculous tinkering of the character to make him more relevant the past 20 yrs, it shouldn't be that hard to go in there and fix the movie franchise. I don't understand why the WB has to make things so difficult. Respect the character and Source Material = Successful Movie Franchise.

I'd say right now, Christopher Nolan and Clint Eastwood are the WB's darlings. So when one of these two guys comes up to you and offers you to direct something as big as this, I could totally understand why he would be running around acting all giddy.....I think would be a huge compliment.
lib
lib
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Snyder Says Superman is "Broken" Film-Wise Empty Snyder Says Superman is "Broken" Film-Wise

Post  gadhero Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:15 pm

So true.

The Reeve films are great but dated now. Singer messed up Superman so he needs to be fixed film-wise.

gadhero
Kirk Alyn
Kirk Alyn

User Reputation : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:08 am

Because it's worth hearing Snyder's tone of voice.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Snyder Says Superman is "Broken" Film-Wise Empty RE: Snyder Says Superman is "Broken" Film-Wise

Post  non_amos Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:58 pm

New links. Excerpt:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/160978-exclusive-zack-snyder-on-superman

Full Interview:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=75442

So shooting is to begin in August. Good to hear that everything is on schedule & that we're not gonna get 10-20 years of 'development hell' like we did in the past. However, Snyder's not sure about the December 2012 release date; says that's 'up to them'.

Hopefully Cavill has been hitting the iron hard these past couple of months & hopefully by August (or before) we have an actual pic of him in the suit. I don't expect to see a 'Brandon BJ Routhman' this time!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:43 pm

As I thought about it the "Superman" film series was broken since "Superman III" and so on until "Superman Returns" was release and well... Kept it broke after having us waiting about 19 years for another "Superman" film to be made but were expecting a reboot! Thanks alot Bryan!!! Mad Mad Mad

non_amos wrote:Hopefully Cavill has been hitting the iron hard these past couple of months & hopefully by August (or before) we have an actual pic of him in the suit. I don't expect to see a 'Brandon BJ Routhman' this time!

I think Snyder anounce that he'll have a photo of Cavill in the suit in a month before shooting which will turn out to be July thats if shooting does start in August, so yeah it's likely it'll be before then!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:28 pm

I'll post this here, because it fits in with what was said in the original post:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=34158

Zack Snyder On Henry Cavill As Superman, Amy Adams As Lois Lane And Possible Villains!

The director of the upcoming reboot talks about why both Henry Cavill and Amy Adams are perfect for their respective roles and also addresses the rumors that General Zod will be the villain saying that they've found, "the right guy"...

On Casting Amy Adams As Lois Lane:

"Amy is really just an amazing talent. I think she grounds the part in a really amazing way, for me anyway. She's beautiful and she's smart. What we're trying to do with the project, she just really sort of embodies everything we're going for."

On Casting Henry Cavill As Superman:

"As you know, he was up for the role before. That was 8 years ago I think. And I think now, the thing's that awesome, the thing that i love about him is that he's a man. And I think it's been a while since we had a manly Superman. And also, he has this little bit of kindness which is important."

On Whether General Zod Will Be The Villain:

"I like that there's this whole process of elimination. I can't say exactly who it is. As you know, this is a secret project! I hope that when people do find out that they like it, because we think it's the right guy we're going after."

Starring Henry Cavill as Superman and Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Superman: The Man of Steel is expected to be released sometime during the Winter of 2012!

Another bitch-slap to Singer and BJ Routh?

I love it.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:54 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:I'll post this here, because it fits in with what was said in the original post:
Unless it's another bitch-slap for Singer and Blandon the Bartender, I'm not sure I want to bother with it.

"As you know, he was up for the role before. That was 8 years ago I think. And I think now, the thing's that awesome, the thing that i love about him is that he's a man. And I think it's been a while since we had a manly Superman.

I love it.
Ha! So do I. You know, I'm almost starting to think I wouldn't care if Snyder's Superman sucks as long as he keeps the anti-Singerman zingers coming. Awesome!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:00 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:I'll post this here, because it fits in with what was said in the original post:
Unless it's another bitch-slap for Singer and Blandon the Bartender, I'm not sure I want to bother with it.

"As you know, he was up for the role before. That was 8 years ago I think. And I think now, the thing's that awesome, the thing that i love about him is that he's a man. And I think it's been a while since we had a manly Superman.

I love it.
Ha! So do I. You know, I'm almost starting to think I wouldn't care if Snyder's Superman sucks as long as he keeps the anti-Singerman zingers coming. Awesome!

That was classic. Made me laugh and everything....
Snyder Says Superman is "Broken" Film-Wise Thumbs-up
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:05 am

Well, REALLY, you know? I'm sick of most of the mainstream media even now fawning over Singerman either out of genuine affection for it (which is creepy enough, actually) or because their jobs are on the line (which is understandable but COME ON). It's nice to see someone unafraid to call that piece of shit out.

If his anti-Singerman sensibilities are anything to go by, one wonders if we're not in for a quality Superman film (for once) by default.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:09 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Well, REALLY, you know? I'm sick of most of the mainstream media even now fawning over Singerman either out of genuine affection for it (which is creepy enough, actually) or because their jobs are on the line (which is understandable but COME ON). It's nice to see someone unafraid to call that piece of shit out.

Most "news" sites will ONLY go so far as calling Singerman a "disappointment". Which is akin to calling a shotgun blast to the had a "flesh wound".

Grow some balls.

If his anti-Singerman sensibilities are anything to go by, one wonders if we're not in for a quality Superman film (for once) by default.

I wonder if HE ever "perused" SSS like so many other people involved with the Bros. Warner did?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:13 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I wonder if HE ever "perused" SSS like so many other people involved with the Bros. Warner did?
Gotta wonder. So many of his remarks seem tailored to our side of the aisle more than the Apologists'. I suspect he knows who his bread and butter on this movie is going to be and, gasp!, is trying to get us on his side merely by being honest.

It's refreshing enough to be shocking!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:25 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Gotta wonder. So many of his remarks seem tailored to our side of the aisle more than the Apologists'. I suspect he knows who his bread and butter on this movie is going to be and, gasp!, is trying to get us on his side merely by being honest.

It's refreshing enough to be shocking!

It would be nice to know he heard from us SPECIFICALLY, like certain key members of the Singerman cast & crew did.

I still get the "giggles" when I think about being informed of just WHO read what WE had to say.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:54 am

Singer I know about, execs from WB seem implicit but you know what? It would just MAKE MY DAY if word reached my ears that we ended up giving Louise Mingenback, the costume designer, and the guy who did the production design (I forget his name) an earful too.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:00 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Another bitch-slap to Singer and BJ Routh?

I love it.

I should go away more often!

Still promising, and as everyone's pointed out, you can't help thinking it's almost being tailored to us.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:28 pm

some nice comments on amy and henry from zack.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Snyder Says Superman is "Broken" Film-Wise Empty RE: Zack Snyder Says Superman is "Broken" Film-Wise

Post  non_amos Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:28 am

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9514#comments

Whether this is the latest or not I'm unsure because there seem to be so many vids coming from Snyder now but anyway. The IGN Link has other vids from him as well:

http://au.movies.ign.com/articles/115/1159028p1.html?RSSwhen2011-04-01_030600&RSSid=1159028

When this vid ended, it offered other choices, one being Brandon 'BJ' Routhman:

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2009/03/05/superman-reboot-movie-interview-brandon-routh

I know that one is old but just had to throw it in 'for old time's sake' ! Razz
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:26 am

He was either really tired or, um, on something when he did some of those interviews. Yeesh, I guess doing junkets must be exhausting.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down