Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latino Review talks with Snyder

3 posters

Go down

Latino Review talks with Snyder Empty Latino Review talks with Snyder

Post  webhead2006 Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:12 pm

Doesnt really reveal much but something to talk about:

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-talking-the-man-of-steel-with-zack-snyder-12989
Exclusive: Talking 'The Man of Steel' With Zack Snyder
By Kellvin Chavez on March 21, 2011

Over the weekend, director Zack Snyder was promoting his upcoming movie "SUCKER PUNCH" and spoke to the press about the film and his upcoming Superman project. Today, I had a chance to actually speak to him on the phone about his movie that is due out in theaters on Friday and about the Man of Steel.

I really tried to ask him questions about the project that other folks have not asked, but Snyder has already spoken about how Henry Cavill won the role. He also mentioned how this Superman has nothing to do with the previous films and that this new reboot will be like the other films didn't exist.

He was still quiet on specific details on much the project. I managed to get a few questions in and cleared up the whole Viggo Mortensen casting.

You've said that this new Superman was not going to be related to the previous ones and act as if they didn't exist a la "Batman Begins.” What do you want to bring to this Superman film that was not brought on the previous ones?

Zack Snyder: I don’t think it’s about trying not to do what’s been done. It’s just when I say that I mean that’s a way for us to start fresh and kind of be able to say what mythology do we want to sort of endorse or exploit. Look all of us involved with project have a great respect for Superman. Trust me when I say I want this movie to be awesome and I want Superman to be awesome, you know that’s true. It’s not so much about like what I do and don’t want to do in regards to what’s been done, we need to like…I think for the audiences stake you want us to shed that…let that weight off our shoulders so we can go and make a great movie.

Will the film have a big Kryptonian mythology?

Zack Snyder: I can’t say because it gives too much away, but it’s safe to say that we have a great respect for the character.

Being that you have strong female components in your movies, will we see a strong female character in Superman?

Zack Snyder: I can’t say of course. I wish I could straighten it out for you at this moment but I can’t really.

Come on we broke Superman stories already…

Zack Snyder: (Laughs) I feel that.

Okay how about this...Is Viggo Mortensen still a person of interest in Superman now that he’s locked into Snow White?

Zack Snyder: Yeah Viggo is not going to be in the movie let’s say that right now. I can clear that up.

Will this Superman be Luthor-Less?

Zack Snyder: I can’t answer that [laughs].

Is it true that Lois Lane has to be in the film due to legal issues?

Zack Snyder: Oh, jeez. I didn’t know that. We’re not doing anything as far as the story goes that’s influenced by any legal issue.

Can you elaborate where you are at with the film?

Zack Snyder: Yeah, we’re just in pre-production right now, we’re working every day trying to get it together and it’s looking awesome and we are going to probably start shooting at the end of the summer.

I guess this Superman film and the Donner film have something in common? They were released in December.

Zack Snyder: Oh yeah, although I’m not even sure if that date will hold but if does then that will be awesome.

The full interview with Zack will be online later this week.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Latino Review talks with Snyder Empty Re: Latino Review talks with Snyder

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:39 pm

Geeze, why the fuck even open your mouth?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:17 pm

Latino Review talks with Snyder Thanks-for-nothing
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Latino Review talks with Snyder Thanks-for-nothing
It sort of reminds me of when JK Rowling would do online chats with Harry Potter fans. Bitch would sign in, say exactly fuckall and then get praise from all and sundry for "doing it for the fans". Feh. "Sorry, I simply cawnnot ansuh thaht, it's too big a spoilah, it's paht of the next book, just keep reading, mate, it'll awl make sense". Fuck you, Mrs Robinson. Fuck you and the broomstick you rode in on, you saggy-titted tart.

And I'm not really pissed off about Snyder. He can answer or not answer. The thing that bugs me is that LR is hyping this thing as if he fucking SAID something. Well, in fact he said jackshit and apparently the REAL answers are waiting for the complete interview.

I know those guys are desperate for hits but this is just pandering...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:39 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:It sort of reminds me of when JK Rowling would do online chats with Harry Potter fans. Bitch would sign in, say exactly fuckall and then get praise from all and sundry for "doing it for the fans". Feh. "Sorry, I simply cawnnot ansuh thaht, it's too big a spoilah, it's paht of the next book, just keep reading, mate, it'll awl make sense". Fuck you, Mrs Robinson. Fuck you and the broomstick you rode in on, you saggy-titted tart.

And I'm not really pissed off about Snyder. He can answer or not answer. The thing that bugs me is that LR is hyping this thing as if he fucking SAID something. Well, in fact he said jackshit and apparently the REAL answers are waiting for the complete interview.

I know those guys are desperate for hits but this is just pandering...

What's a Harry Potter?

It's sad is, Latino Review gets less hits than Aint It Old News, but out of the two LR ACTUALLY BREAKS STORIES.

Seriously, AICN only links to OTHER sites now. At most they have suck-up "interviews" with people in Hollywood, and give "glowing" reviews to the highest bidder. It's pathetic that LR has to do these sad little "stunts", but they got's to pay the bills I guess....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down