Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

+14
Rduce
gadhero
BHoward
Belltown213
webhead2006
pax666
Comicbookfan-V2
TomWelling4Superman
lib
Apologist Puncher
Father Finian
thecolorsblend
non_amos
superman1938
18 posters

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 14 Empty Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:21 pm

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 14 Empty Re: Henry Cavill Cast As Superman!

Post  webhead2006 Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:21 pm

Cavill on training for the role:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5jK0jVsjgwjpghbgcAnmNPzNxK95Q?docId=N0396101320150789114A
Cavill drained by Superman training

(UKPA) – 7 hours ago

Henry Cavill has admitted he had moments during his Superman training in which he wanted to give up.

The British actor steps into the skin-tight suit and cape to play the superhero in Zack Snyder's reboot Man Of Steel, and enlisted the help of Gerard Butler's 300 trainer Mark Dwight to get into shape.

He told Men's Health: "When I first started working with Mark I thought, 'How the f*** am I going to do this?'."

His workouts had to change frequently, from lifting heavy weights to fat-burning intervals, and there were moments when he wanted to pack it all in.

He said: "When you're knackered and you're drained and you just don't want to go on any more, you're still doing it.

"Maybe we were built to stress and challenge ourselves physically, emotionally and psychologically, and all the rest of it. Maybe that's why we survived physically as a race - we evolved so it becomes fun."

:: The full interview is in the Men's Health December issue - on sale Thursday, November 3.

Copyright © 2011 The Press Association. All rights reserved.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:34 pm

Didn't no Cavill had thoughts on quiting during his sessions but I guess thats how human nature works I suppose! Even though we want to give up when we're on the intensive for some reason we still keep going aleast to see if it all pays off! As such it's natural for us humans to show off our strenghts rather than our weakness let alone admitting we have them!

Makes you wonder how would Brandon Routh fair up if he gone through the sessions that Cavill did?
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:11 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Makes you wonder how would Brandon Routh fair up if he gone through the sessions that Cavill did?
Good question. I'll ask him the next time I swing by the bar at the bowling alley.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:40 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
Good question. I'll ask him the next time I swing by the bar at the bowling alley.

One day soon, I'll go looking to see if I can find him down there...
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:00 am

Wasn't Routh's work out coach a woman?

You know, Singerman is interesting in some respects in that, at every step along the way, the director made the wrong choice. Think about that for a second. Every single call he made was wrong.

If Singer was truly incompetent, the law of numbers says he'd get at least a few things right. That's how random chance works. So to get every single possible thing wrong, I'd imagine you'd first have to know the right answer and then choose something completely contrary to it.

To bring it all back... one such example would be giving Routh a female exercise coach.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:03 am

I want fries with my order, SUPER-sized please! Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:17 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Wasn't Routh's work out coach a woman?

Yep. And her name was "JJ VIRGIN", I shit you not.....

You know, Singerman is interesting in some respects in that, at every step along the way, the director made the wrong choice. Think about that for a second. Every single call he made was wrong.

It was a clusterfuck.

If Singer was truly incompetent, the law of numbers says he'd get at least a few things right. That's how random chance works. So to get every single possible thing wrong, I'd imagine you'd first have to know the right answer and then choose something completely contrary to it.

When you surround yourself with like-minded "yes men", your chances of that happening dimish GREATLY.

To bring it all back... one such example would be giving Routh a female exercise coach.

Named JJ Virgin.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:40 am

Geeze. I mean, I used to know a chick named Penney Nichols... but wow, JJ Virgin... that name is the winner...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:11 am

Its a good thing cavill stuck with his training and finished it. Hhe got into great shape for the role.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:09 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Geeze. I mean, I used to know a chick named Penney Nichols... but wow, JJ Virgin... that name is the winner...

And so is her pathetic workout routine.

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 14 Brandon-routh_bulge

The proof is in the pudding.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:26 pm

I've seen that pic a zillion times. Oddly enough, Apologists post it to prove... I dunno. Something. What a "big guy" Blandon Routh is. But really, it's tough to say what exactly Apologists think at any given time.

So whatever, point is I've seen that pic a lot. Something about the version you posted looked off so I went searching for the original.

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 14 Black-10

As far as I know, the above is the original. Rather than make you play Where's Waldo... um, look at his bikini's briefs.

Seems some Apologist took it upon himself to "help" ol' BJ out in the pic you posted...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:48 pm

You got that right. It was probably that tub MostPowerfulVaginaStenchFromStragazingTheSolaris.....

And that's what happens when you can't bear to look at pictures of that turd. You miss things.

Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:11 am

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=49530

"I avoided watching anything which was someone else’s interpretation of the source material. I didn’t go back to the movies and watch them. I didn’t go back to the TV series and watch them. I didn’t want to take that and have that influence my interpretation and my performance of the character. Where the character truly belongs and where the character truly comes from is not from the movies or the TV shows; it’s from the comic books. So I went straight to the comic books and had stacks of them and just read and read and read and read and read. I enjoyed so much learning about the character in such a dense manner. The comic books were my source of material; the TV shows and movies were someone else’s interpretation and so I left that to them."
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:18 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=49530

"I avoided watching anything which was someone else’s interpretation of the source material. I didn’t go back to the movies and watch them. I didn’t go back to the TV series and watch them. I didn’t want to take that and have that influence my interpretation and my performance of the character. Where the character truly belongs and where the character truly comes from is not from the movies or the TV shows; it’s from the comic books. So I went straight to the comic books and had stacks of them and just read and read and read and read and read. I enjoyed so much learning about the character in such a dense manner. The comic books were my source of material; the TV shows and movies were someone else’s interpretation and so I left that to them."
Geeze, look at that. Everytime the guy opens his mouth about this movie, he comes up with some new nugget of wisdom. I've been saying Superman is of the comics for years so now it's kind of nice that Cavill is channeling me here. Smile
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:28 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Geeze, look at that. Everytime the guy opens his mouth about this movie, he comes up with some new nugget of wisdom. I've been saying Superman is of the comics for years so now it's kind of nice that Cavill is channeling me here. Smile

You ain't lyin'.....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:28 am

Henry Cavill was on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno tonight. I was just trying to find a Youtube vid to post with that segment but I'm not getting anywhere with that right now. They're acting like 'copyright'. Whatever. If anyone else can find it, feel free to post. Cavill did talk about Superman some but it really sounded like the same stuff we've already read and/or heard.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:36 am

It'll be on here soon.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Who did Henry Cavill dress as for Halloween?

http://www.film-news.co.uk/show-news.asp?H=Henry-Cavill-stays-in-Superman-garb&nItemID=8029

Henry Cavill stays in Superman garb
added: 8 Nov 2011 // by: Cover
Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 14 8029

Henry Cavill dressed up as Superman for Halloween.

The actor has been chosen to play the caped crusader in new Superman movie Man of Steel. The film has been all-consuming, with the star even opting to stay in character for the spooky holiday.

“Actually, I dressed up as Superman this last Halloween,” he laughed. “I was [filming], yeah.”

It’s not only Henry who is excited about his new superhero status. His nephews were thrilled when they heard he’d won the coveted role.

One of the little boys decided to celebrate by dressing up in the famous cape and body-suit combination for school, which needed some explaining when his teacher noticed.

“Yeah! Yeah, I think all of my brothers did at some stage,” he told Collider, when asked if he ever dressed up as Superman as a child. “I’ve even got photos of my little nephews in Superman outfits. Apparently, they went to school when I first heard the news. One of them was wearing a little Superman outfit and the teacher sort of told them off and then spoke to my sister-in-law after, saying, ‘I don’t know what’s going on with the boys. I don’t know what you’ve been telling them. They’ve been lying to me, because they’re telling me that their uncle is Superman and frankly it’s ridiculous.’ Which brought my sister-in-law out there and she said, ‘Actually, it’s not ridiculous; he is [Superman]. So you’ve got to let them wear their little outfits. Thank you very much.’”

Awesome.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:33 pm

Take this for what it's worth....

http://screenrant.com/henry-cavill-man-of-steel-superman-new-52-benm-139521/

Henry Cavill Talks Similarities Between ‘Man of Steel’ and DC’s ‘The New 52′
Nov 10, 2011 by Ben Moore

Henry Cavill talks about Zack Snyder’s ‘Man of Steel’ and the similarities between the film and the Superman of The New 52. Might there be a bit of Grant Morrison flair in the new Superman film?

Henry Cavill Cast As Superman! - Page 14 Henry-Cavill-Compares-Man-of-Steel-to-The-New-52-Superman

Much like The Dark Knight Rises before it, Man of Steel continues to be an incredibly popular news topic, thanks to the various rumors, leaked photos, and interviews from the cast and crew.

Today, we have an interview from the man who will be Superman in the upcoming film, Henry Cavill, where he comments on the similarities between Man of Steel and the Superman of DC’s The New 52.

With regard to those similarities – courtesy of The Washington Examiner – Henry Cavill said:

“When that came out, everyone went, ‘Arrhhh! Everything’s changed.’ It’s part of the evolution of the character. There is a modernization to it, and certainly our style is making him easier to associate with because it’s pretty tough to associate with an invulnerable alien.”

The parallels between the Superman of The New 52 and the one in Man of Steel have been discussed more than a few times – especially with regard to the supersuit. Most obviously, both suits lack the classic red trunks. Furthermore, they’re both Krytonian garb (armor?) as opposed to something Ma Kent sewed together in her rocking chair.

The question is: Are there additional similarities that we’ve yet to notice? Both Man of Steel and Grant Morrison’s Action Comics detail Superman’s beginnings – might there be some overlap between the two that goes beyond the superficial?

Honestly, it’s doubtful, considering how recently The New 52 was developed. That said, it would be a welcome overlap – seeing as how well-received Action Comics #1-3 have been so far (both critically and financially).

On previously being up for the role of McG’s (undeveloped) version of Superman and losing to Brandon Routh when Bryan Singer came onboard, Cavill said:

“It’s actually been proven that just because I didn’t get Superman then doesn’t mean that I can’t get Superman now. You can’t let [losing a part] get you down. You’ve got to look at the positives. I got to meet with Warner Bros. and everyone there. It’s beneficial, really.”

Indeed, the same thing happened to Timothy Dalton, up for the role of James Bond after You Only Live Twice but deemed too young (by himself) – as well as Pierce Brosnan, up for the role of Bond after Roger Moore, but his contract for Remington Steele got in the way. Both actors eventually got the role much later on.

On the fan reaction to Man of Steel and whether or not it matters, Cavill said:

“There are a lot of people who have dedicated their life to loving this character. … Their opinion does matter. I’ve done my research on the source material. I have my opinions on the various bits and bobs, but sometimes there will be a little gem out there about one of the books, and I’ll say to myself, ‘Yeah. That’s a good point.’”

Honestly, Cavill sounds like one of the more down-to-Earth actors to be cast in these sorts of films. Either that or he has a really good publicist.

What’s your take on Man of Steel being similar to the Superman of The New 52? Let us know in the comments.

Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel hits theaters June 14, 2013. The Immortals, starring Henry Cavill, hits theaters November 11, 2011. Or as the commercials keep telling us: “11-11-11.”
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:43 am

Well, one obvious difference is that the New 52 outfit is at least partly armored. The Cavill outfit is pretty much the traditional version sans the trunks. I don't think the similarities are much to write home about.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:55 am

I caught that interview myself. Some interesting comments. Though probably at this time only simularities are the suit since some detaisl we know from the new 52 are not in the film from what we seen of filming so far. But cavill could also just been talking about how the new 52 tries to modernize superman which iis something thee new film is trying to do too.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:33 am

Cavill talking about research on superman:
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2011/11/21/man-of-steel-henry-cavill-got-essential-insight-in-red-son/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=63378
"Oh, yes, I’ve done my research. I stocked up on source material and buried my head in it for a while …. I didn’t see a lot of comic books growing up. At boarding school there wasn’t much time for much of anything except education. Up until I was 13 [before I arrived at Stowe School] it wasn’t so bad, but at boarding school you are there and there’s a small village nearby but you are not getting to stop by a shop on the way home to buy a book. I mean, you might get a chance to watch a little TV at some stage of the day but otherwise you’re in class, studying, eating, playing sports or sleeping. I didn’t get a chance to indulge in comics as a kid, which I’m actually quite happy about because as an adult I get to read the best of it. I can pick up a whole series and read them in one go, too, I don’t have to wait a week or a month for the next issue to come out. It’s like watching a box set of a TV show, you can go nonstop. I like sitting there and diving in until I’m brain dead. And I do enjoy them; as an adult I have retained my sense of wonder and love of stories and fantasy world. I really liked “Death of Superman” and “Return of Superman,” those are my favorite ones, and “The New 52” is great stuff and “Earth One,” although I know people think that is a mixed bag. With “Red Son,” I thought it was interesting as a different perspective. It was out there and I like that. It was essential to my character research, too. When you’ve got two polar opposite viewpoints of the same character, you will see what the authors consider the important baseline trend. I got to see that and see the different ways he would have developed and that was very useful to me. And because we are retelling the story and we are doing our own reinvention and a modernization for the screen, I get the opportunity to add my own interpretation of how he developed. So that was cool to look at “Red Son” and see what changed, what didn’t change and what that reveals about the baseline of Superman. You can find what is essential to Superman and what is nature vs. nurture by locating that baseline."
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:44 pm

For crying out loud, can somebody buy this man a beer already? It sounds like he's giving his all to the role and isn't taking anything for granted. Maybe the movie will be awesome, maybe it'll suck but it sure sounds for all the world like the people involved are giving their best possible effort.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:49 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:For crying out loud, can somebody buy this man a beer already? It sounds like he's giving his all to the role and isn't taking anything for granted. Maybe the movie will be awesome, maybe it'll suck but it sure sounds for all the world like the people involved are giving their best possible effort.

It sure beats Bryan Singer's approach: "I didn't read the comics (don't like comics) but I watched the 1st Donner film. Therefore I'm gonna do a vague sequel" Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next