Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Avengers News Thread

5 posters

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

The Avengers News Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Avengers News Thread

Post  non_amos Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:55 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember that the producer of the Hulk TV show went with the name 'David' because 'Bruce' somehow sounded gay? Or just not a cool name? Or some such. So enter 'David' Banner who even went on to inspire a rap star. But Bill Bixby played the role very well, very convincing, but then in Ang Lee's Hulk, Lee named Nick Nolte the same name! And was nothing like the character! But yeah, I think people to this day have a misconception about exactly who or what the Hulk is due to the TV show & the sad thing is, I actually know some. The Lee film wasn't overly good, true, but I think the genral audience went in with the same mindset like people had with the TV show. Then they were confused.......... Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:34 am

For the record my lenient criticism towards the Hulk is due to the fact that the Hulk seem to be unrecognizable from what he appeared to be ranging from TIH to "The Avengers" film. I don't think I have to remind everybody that TIH was suppose to be part of the Marvel conjoint universe along with IM, IM2, Thor & CATFA and was even decleared by many as an huge improvement over Ang Lee's take from 2003 and even as good as IM, so why fix something if it ain't broken?

Yeah, I get that they hire another actor to replace Edward Norton for the role due to financial related issues but still, there's no need to change the character (Appearance wise) that much unless there's a explainable reason for it. For example... Terrence Howard was replace by Don Cheadle in IM2 for that same reason but easily and shortly explain why James Rhodes looked so different from what he appeared to be from IM to IM2 and that was he shaved. So how are they going to explain Bruce Banner/Hulk looking different from what he appeared to be from TIH to "The Avengers"?

I'm just saying that they should remind the viewers that this is the same Bruce Banner/Hulk from TIH even if it is with a different actor, plain and simple as that!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:23 am

I too heard name change for show was related to gay stuff. Don't know what is the truth there though. As for hulk for tih/avengers it looks all good and everything we been hearing it sounds a lot of good stuff for character's look/story. Sure they changed look a bit, some to do with change of actor. Plus they changed looks due to they said in past interviews this hulk is a little older, and what not. So the slight changes in looks is not really an issue. Its still technically the same hulk from tih just change of actor.

ET set video:

Last edited by webhead2006 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:52 am

Early press tweets on avengers premire:
http://www.slashfilm.com/early-buzz-the-avengers/
Early Buzz: First Reactions From ‘The Avengers’ Hollywood Premiere Posted on Thursday, April 12th, 2012 by Peter Sciretta

The world premiere of Joss Whedon‘s The Avengers happened tonight in Hollywood. We recorded a video blog reaction after the screening which we’ll be posting in addition to a couple full reviews from various members of the /Film team. But any long form reviews are embargoed until later — at this moment they are saying May 2nd, but I’d bet that will be moved up. We were allowed to tweet our reactions after the screening. I have compiled a round-up of all the tweets I could find, which includes the usual LA film journalists and a few of the geek celebrities who attended the premiere.

. Please Recommend /Film on Facebook

COPYRIGHT © 2011 /FILM. WEB DESIGN BY PRO BLOG DESIGN. LOGO CONCEPT BY: ILLUMINATION INK

ALL NAMES, TRADEMARKS AND IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS.

Casting Comic Book Horror Remakes Sci-Fi Sequels The Buzz TV Page 2 Search

The Avengers is pretty epic. There is probably more action in this film's climax than all the other Marvel movie combines!

Peter Sciretta @slashfilm Follow

12 Apr 12 Reply Retweet Favorite

I'd tweet about The Avengers but my body is still recovering from non-stop geeking out. So, so,so much fun (for the most part).

Germain Lussier @GermainLussier Follow

Literally still getting goosebumps writing about The Avengers. So many chill scenes. Problems for sure but they're overshadowed by the good.

Germain Lussier @GermainLussier

@GermainLussier Agree the more that I think about it. I have a lot of nitpicks in the first half. But second half is pretty solid.

Peter Sciretta @slashfilm Follow

Not a false note. Innovative. BRUTAL. And goddamn funny. Hype = believe it. #Avengers

Josh Dickey @Variety_JLD Follow

It's the bomb. I could not possibly say enough.

Josh Dickey @Variety_JLD Follow

THE AVENGERS. Finally,a Marvel film with a rousing finish. I'll deal with the first two acts in my review.

Jeremy Smith @mrbeaks Follow

And that third act is more than enough to make THE AVENGERS the best Marvel movie yet.

Jeremy Smith @mrbeaks Follow

The Avengers - Epic. EPIC! Everyone fights everyone,but it does deliver. Marvel's movies get better every single one. Hulk! HULK!!

Alex Billington @firstshowing Follow

@firstshowing Ow u just saw it? Nice....in 3D? Sascha Dikiciyan @sonicmayhem

@sonicmayhem Yes,just saw it in 3D. Some good shots,but overall the 3D is meh as usual.

Alex Billington @firstshowing Follow

Just saw #Avengers! Holy crap!!! #HULKSMASH!!!!

JennaBusch @JennaBusch Follow

It. Was. Awesome!! #TheAvengers #Avengers pic.twitter.com/uxBxb860

Eric Goldman @EricIGN Follow

Full Avengers review embargoed and not gonna go into huge details. But... Ruffalo is terrific as Bruce Banner. Makes the role his, big time.

Eric Goldman @EricIGN Follow

Avengers was big,messy,fun. More importantly there's now nothing but Hawkeye fanfic swimming around in my head. #mmmrenner

jen yamato @jenyamato Follow

Seriously,if comic book movies are your thing, you will be fully satisfied by the concoction Joss Whedob has fixed for you with #AVENGERS.

Anthony Breznican @Breznican Follow

Absolutely loved THE AVENGERS. Was smiling from beginning to end. If you're a Marvel fan you're going to lose your shit in the theater.

Steven Weintraub @colliderfrosty Follow

Also,the two things that made #THEAVENGERS amazing: the Hulk and the humor. Joss Whedon gets a 10 out of 10 on both of those.

Steven Weintraub @colliderfrosty Follow

That'll do,Joss,that'll do.

Devin Faraci @devincf Follow

AVENGERS is good enough to make me forgive IRON MAN 2.

I mean,IRON MAN 2 still sucks,but I'm less mad about it.

Btw,avoid THE AVENGERS in 3D. Worthless. See it 2D.

GAHHHHH!!!! Avengers was delightful kick-assery with whipped fun on top!!! Well done Joss et al! twitpic.com/98rbj7

Chris Hardwick @nerdist Follow

The Hulk we have been waiting for has at last arrived. #AvengersFuckYeah

Damon Lindelof @DamonLindelof Follow

So that was AMAZING. Like,double plus awesome. Thank you Joss Whedon for giving us all the #Avengers movie we deserve. #OnlyYou

Seth Green @SethGreen Follow

'The Avengers' is a big tub of popcorn heaven. A huge grin on my face throughout and much applause from the crowd too. Well done Mr. Whedon.

edgarwright @edgarwright Follow

12 Apr 12 Reply Retweet Fav
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:57 pm

20mins of b roll footage, view at your own risk:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=57814
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:34 pm

Thor/cap fight clip:
http://bcove.me/7qj9x2z5
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:59 pm

webhead2006 wrote:20mins of b roll footage, view at your own risk:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=57814
Pretty cool. That second video shows some shit being done you'd think would require wire stunts, CG and other shit that doesn't seem like it will be/has been used. The video of Cap running down the street especially impresses me because you'd think you'd use wires for some of that stuff. Good stuff.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:11 pm

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/avengers-2012-premiere-reveals-aliens-identity-spoiler

Spoiler:

As the N.W.O. fronted by 'Hollywood' Hulk Hogan used to say:

It's just too SWEET!

The Avengers News Thread - Page 13 Hollyw10

Last edited by non_amos on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Spoiler:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:56 pm

There's more. I'm actually finding this stuff after discovering their Facebook page via an ad. Here's the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/CosmicBookNews

And here's another spoiler?!:

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/avengers-2012-rumored-post-credit-scene-spoiler

Spoiler:

Keep 'em coming dude! Keep 'em coming! cheers
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Well non you do have to remember cosmicbooknews, site is a bit like cbm site. And without solid source for stories. It could be bs shit. But if true some cool stuff.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Spoiler:
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:48 pm

Spoiler:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:19 am

Spoiler:
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:31 pm

Since were now three weeks away before the film gets release I just needed to add alittle something to my recent ranting and that is I put together an manipulation photo of what I assume & hope that this is what the Hulk would look like in the film full bodied...

The Avengers News Thread - Page 13 Hulk14

Last edited by Comicbookfan-V2 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Some friends of mine saw an advance screening of Avengers today. As they're an audience not too far off from those of us around here, I take their rave reviews as a good sign.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:41 pm

What lucky friends colors. Would be sweet to see it early. But going by fans, and the press its all good. Man these next few weeks can't go any faster.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:50 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Since were now three weeks away before the film gets release I just needed to add alittle something to my recent ranting and that is I put together an manipulation photo of what I assume & hope that this is what the Hulk would look like in the film full bodied...

The Avengers News Thread - Page 13 Hulk14

You just can't let it go, can ya Comic Book Dude? It wouldn't surprise me if you don't soon pass negative-200. Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Uk rating/run time for the film:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=58040
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE Gets An Official BBFC Rating

Although not as prominent as the MPAA rating,Marvel's The Avengers,or rather Avengers Assemble has received an official rating via the British Board of Film Classification DCMarvelFreshman - 4/16/2012

As we await the official Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) rating of Marvel's The Avengers praised superhero assembly, especially with the speculated inclusion of a recently-shot scene, over in the United Kingdom, the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC) have already given the film a rating. Seemingly revealing the dead-on running time, among other specifics, check it out a print screen and transcription below!

In case the above print screen is unreadable, Marvel's Avengers Assemble will have a running time of 142 minutes and 37 seconds, two hours and twenty-two minutes; seven minutes longer than what director Joss Whedon revealed, although mostly because of credits and the confirmed teaser. And the film has been rated 12A for "moderate fantasy violence", which allows under-12s to see the film if accompanied by an adult.

M

Another clip from the film:
http://movies.uk.msn.com/exclusives/video.aspx?videoid=28bgzh6i9

Kevin feige comments on film:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=58031
Kevin Feige On THE AVENGERS Aliens, End-Credits Teaser, TDKR Comparisons And More

Teasing future installments,in quite a lengthy interview with Marvel Studios' head honcho,he discusses The Avengers aliens,end-credits teaser,and comparisons to Warner Bros' TDKR! DCMarvelFreshman - 4/16/2012

Continuing promotional rounds for Marvel's The Avengers flick, now one-on-one with Comic Book Resources, Marvel Studios president of production Kevin Feige discusses the superhero assembly in more detail than ever. Weighing in on comparisons to Warner Bros and DC Entertainment's Batman finale, The Dark Knight Rises, Feige also discusses Loki's army, the anticipated end-credits teaser and the "key" to the studios' success.

"I haven't seen 'Dark Knight Rises.' [Christopher] Nolan's tone is very specific and is pretty awesome, and we're very different. I think that while we have, particularly in 'Avengers,' very serious moments and [it] is as dark and serious as the moments in any of our films, there's a sense of humor that goes along with it that Joss is an expert at and that we believe very strongly that Jon Favreau really helped define in the 'Iron Man' films, that allows, we believe, the audience to get in even deeper into the story," Feige said.

"There's a lot of crazy stuff going on in our movies, and we want people to believe in them and we want people to relate to them. When they're laughing, when they're cheering, you can suddenly hit them with something else -- you open up through humor and that tone, that fine line between the epic, the bombastic, the moving and the humor is to me that favorite part of stringing all these movies together," Feige said. "One of my favorite compliments coming out of many of our films is, 'I didn't think it would be so funny!'"

"Truthfully [the aliens] are Loki's army and what is most important about them is that they are Loki's army. The notion of Skrulls and Kree and the amount of speculation -- the great thing about the fans just want to know everything they don't know. They wanted to fill in the blank, and that blank wasn't particularly important of who the aliens were; we revealed Loki a long time ago, he was the main bad guy."

"There's a reveal at the end -- the notion that Loki has made an arrangement with somebody, that somebody has provided these extremely deadly and creepy and cool aliens to fight alongside him and then to reveal who that somebody was, that's all Joss and that was sort of the big payoff," Feige said.

Regarding future big-screen adaptations, when CBR asked the producer about the potential Antman, Runaways, Inhumans or Guardians films, he smilingly responded, "Two of those four are much closer than people realize, and we'll be talking about them in the coming months!"

For the full interview, where Kevin Feige discusses Joss Whedon's writing tactics, Agent Coulson's inclusion and much much more, head on over to Comic Book Resources!
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:28 am

Avengers top fandango list for most looked forward to summer movie:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=58058
THE AVENGERS Bests THE DARK KNIGHT RISES As Fandango's Most Anticipated Summer Movie

The Avengers has emerged victorious in Fandango's survey of most anticipated summers movies,and while The Dark Knight Rises isn't too far behind,The Amazing Spider-Man is absent from both the male and female lists. Josh Wilding - 4/17/2012

The Hollywood Reporter point out a survey over at Fandango which puts Marvel's The Avengers at the top of the list for most anticipated movie of the summer. As you can see from the results below, Joss Whedon's superhero ensemble has a mighty 31% of votes from men and an admirable 16% from women. This puts it ahead of both The Dark Knight Rises in both categories, although Snow White and the Huntsman came out as the most anticipated for women (The Amazing Spider-Man oddly appears in neither list). Fandango Editor-in Chief Chuck Walton had this to say. "It’s clear from the Fandango survey that there’s something for both men and women at the movies this summer. After an incredible first quarter, Hollywood is delivering even more spectacular choices for moviegoers in what’s shaping up to be one of the biggest summers in years."

Men’s Picks for Most Anticipated Summer Movie:

1. The Avengers - 31% 2. The Dark Knight Rises - 23% 3. The Bourne Legacy - 14% 4. Men in Black 3 - 8% 5. Prometheus - 7%

Women’s Picks for Most Anticipated Summer Movie:

1. Snow White and the Huntsman - 22% 2. The Avengers - 16% 3. Men in Black 3 - 13% 4. The Dark Knight Rises - 10% 5. Dark Shadows - 8%

Thor vs iron man fight clip:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:40 am

Three new stills from The Avengers:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=58123
The Avengers News Thread - Page 13 78213910
The Avengers News Thread - Page 13 93783710
The Avengers News Thread - Page 13 27836310
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:41 am

webhead2006 wrote:Thor vs iron man fight clip:
AWESOME!!!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:17 pm

I know colors that was a wicked good fight. Will be good to see full thing soon.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Thor, and iron man international tv spots:

Nightline avengers featuretee

Last edited by webhead2006 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
webhead2006
webhead2006