Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Avengers News Thread

5 posters

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

The Avengers News Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Avengers News Thread

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:53 pm

webhead2006 wrote:Here is a mini avengers as kids for a target tv spot which was nice:

Hmmmm, I wonder if Comicbookfan-V2 thinks THAT Hulk is "ripped" enough....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:24 pm

O the aliens share a few traits to the ord, and I think another alien race of marvel. I am blanking on at the moment. Who ever they are I hope we are told in the film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:41 am

webhead2006 wrote:O the aliens share a few traits to the ord, and I think another alien race of marvel. I am blanking on at the moment. Who ever they are I hope we are told in the film.
The "quote" button is your friend.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:23 pm

New tv spot:

Also first of many set reviews for the avengers:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=57308
First THE AVENGERS 'Set Visit' Report Hits; All-New Behind-the-Scenes Stills Released!

Revealing lines of dialogue,brief interviews,scene descriptions as they were filmed,and exclusive behind-the-scenes still photos from Marvel's The Avengers,Check out the 1st 'set visit' report! DCMarvelFreshman - 4/2/2012

During the early days of production on Marvel Studios' "best outing yet," The Avengers, nearly one hundred reporters and media outlets were invited to the highly-secretive soundstage set in Albuquerque, New Mexico. And until today, an embargo refrained them from revealing anything they saw. But now the folks from MovieFone are the first of many to reveal their set report, in addition to revealing new behind-the-scenes still photos!

When Renner completed his escapade -- battling unidentifiable aliens, then stabbing one in the neck with an arrow -- most seemed pleased with the result. Did it give us any more information about the actual story? No, not really. But that didn't matter. Like the “Avengers” trailers and posters, this scene was a fanboy's wet dream -- 100 percent pure unadulterated geek awesomeness.

During my stay in New Mexico, I had the pleasure of speaking with Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Hemsworth, Clark Gregg, and Joss Whedon. They were all gracious, pleasant and talkative hosts. However, getting them to say anything remotely resembling the storyline was like dealing with a well-oiled politician who lightly tiptoes around the issue then quickly changes the topic. Downey echoed similar sentiments. “It's just a really good story that could've been done a hundred ways wrong -- don't act surprised at how unpredictable it is.”

Eventually, our group was able to see some of that dialogue in action: a scene where Captain America and Tony Stark fight over a character's recent death. As we sat at the other end of the warehouse, listening in on headphones, we frantically wrote everything they said.

Captain America: Was he married? Tony Stark: No, just a cellist. Captain America: Sorry, he seemed like a good man. Tony Stark: He was an idiot Captain America: He was doing his job. Tony Stark: For taking Loki alone, he was out of his league. Captain America: Is this the first time you've lost a soldier? Tony Stark: We are not soldiers! I am not marching in Fury's fight. Captain America: Neither am I. He's got the same blood on his hands as Loki. Right now we've got to put that aside and get this done.

During our second day on set, we finally got the “scoop” we had come for. After leaving Renner at the abandoned train depot and returning to Albuquerque Studios, Marvel Studios President, Kevin Feige, showed us around the art department. Unfortunately, we were explicitly told that we could not write notes or record anything while we were walking through it.

Afterward, I quickly scribbled down as much as I could remember, and combined it with several tidbits we had picked up along the way. There is a random shack in the middle of Calcutta, where Bruce Banner is holed up; a tree-covered mountaintop, where Thor, Iron Man and Captain America go toe-to-toe; a scene where Thor swings his hammer at Cap's shield; Cap's house in Brooklyn; the Wishbone Lab where Loki is experimented on, possibly by scientist Erik Selvig (Stellan Skarsgard); Iron Man, without his mask, falling from a skyscraper; and, lastly, the top of the Chrysler Building being struck by lightening. Answers! (Well, at least, some answers.) Eventually, most of these designs came to life when the official “Avengers” trailer hit the Internet.

For more of MovieFone's coverage, with brief interviews with the cast, make the jump!
The Avengers News Thread - Page 12 Avenge15
The Avengers News Thread - Page 12 Avenge16
The Avengers News Thread - Page 12 Avenge17
The Avengers News Thread - Page 12 Avenge18
The Avengers News Thread - Page 12 Avenge19
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:01 pm

First Avengers Clip:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:00 am

webhead2006 wrote:First Avengers Clip:
Awesome!

non_amos wrote:And here I was thinking that comics films were at least gaining some traction as respectable films to duh public & then along comes some douchebag like this. But I guess he'll applaud TDKR this summer but label Avengers as 'comic booky'. We'll see who wins the box office though.
https://supermanfilmwatchdog.forumcanadien.org/t678p60-cw-ordering-a-green-arrow-series
Let's tackle that, shall we? I was at my comic shop last night. Now, admittedly it was an event centered on the debut of Avengers vs. X-Men. Let's not underplay that aspect. But at the same time, it was still a broad cross section as far as TDKRises and Avengers core audience. Everybody, EVERYBODY, was excited about Avengers, was talking about Loki, how cool Hulk looks in the trailers (suck it, CBFV2), the Stark Snark, all of it. At least among the core fans, Avengers isn't likely to disappoint too many people.

On the other side of the coin, I heard nary a peep about TDKRises. Not. One. Now, Avengers is coming sooner and there is that to consider but, in the big scheme of things, neither are too far away. And, apart from the comic book at hand, nobody wanted to talk about too much else besides Avengers.

Among civilians I know, TDKRises isn't on too many peoples radar. Avengers this, Amazing Spider-Man that. TDKRises isn't grabbing too much of their attention right now.

If any of this anecdotal stuff is anything to judge by, I think a lot of people are going to be surprised by just how badly Avengers beats the snot out of TDKRises.

Oh hey, I put my reply here because I felt this related more to this thread than the "Arrow" Rolling Eyes thread.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:19 am

One thing that needs to be kept in mind is that TDKR is said to be the most anticipated film of this year and rightfully so considering the reception that TDK recieve after it was release (Critically and box office wise) not that I'm saying it'll top "The Avengers" that is still remain to be seen since it'll eventually be the first comic-based-crossover film ever made (Apparently) and most likely can work either two ways... "The Avengers" topping TDKR or TDKR topping "The Avengers" it's anybodies guess how this will turn out!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Sure that may be what folks have said about batman. But everything pointing to avengers to be a hit and will probably hit the joe smoe and comic fans in the right areas. Where batman could be a toss critics like itm but comic fans not really into it. For me I still plan to see them both and spiderman.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:00 pm

New still featuring the hulk:
The Avengers News Thread - Page 12 Hukguk10
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Not bad but I sure wish they made his eyes alittle lighter as shown here...

The Avengers News Thread - Page 12 Hulk11
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Not bad but I sure wish they made his eyes alittle lighter as shown here...

The Avengers News Thread - Page 12 Nitpicking
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:03 pm

Another new tv spot:

Cap "hulk smash". Wicked there.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:11 pm

http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/marvels-the-avengers-marathon-event-sells-out-amc-theatres-one-month-ahead-of-release/

‘Marvel’s The Avengers’ Marathon Event Sells Out AMC Theatres One Month Ahead

By NIKKI FINKE | Thursday April 5, 2012 @ 2:32pm PDT
Tags: AMC Theatres, Marvel's The Avengers

BREAKING… AMC Theatres made the announcement today and is adding more shows at participating locations. The May 3rd event will feature 6 Marvel movies including the May 4th midnight release of Marvel’s The Avengers in RealD 3D. Price is $40 for the marathon of movies, an event lanyard, and maybe a pair of limited-edition Avenger character RealD 3D glasses if supplies last. I think this amply demonstrates that fans will pay extra for theatrical events. Remember when Dreamgirls opened in 2006 a week ahead of release with a $25-per-ticket event playing 10 days in three theatres with reserved seating, themed lobby displays, merchandise booths, and a limited-edition program? The advance tickets for what’s billed as ’The Ultimate Marvel Marathon’ sold out at 10 AMC locations across the country a month ahead of the event: AMC Empire 25, New York AMC Downtown Disney 24, Orlando AMC Sunset Place 24, Miami AMC Downtown Disney 12, Los Angeles AMC Burbank 16, Los Angeles AMC Ontario Mills 30, Los Angeles AMC Loews Boston Common 19, Boston AMC Garden State 16, New Jersey AMC Loews Metreon 16, San Francisco AMC Courtney Park 16, Toronto. The 6 Marvel movies which begin playing at 11:30 AM are (in order): Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor (presented in RealD 3D), Captain America: The First Avenger (presented in RealD 3D), and Marvel’s The Avengers. AMC operates 347 theatres with 5,048 screens across the United States and Canada.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:05 am

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Not bad but I sure wish they made his eyes alittle lighter as shown here...

Gee, Comic Book Dude, you want him to look like Lou Feriggno did on the TV show huh?! Not that there was anything wrong with him , mind you, especially for that time, but what you want is the 'green contact lenses' ain't it? At least the Hulk looks real. Get over it! And a minus-184? Rolling Eyes

To expand on this, check this out:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/170129-captain-america-tells-hulk-to-smash-in-new-avengers-spot

Since this ain't Youtube I don't know how to put it here but it's yet another TV spot I guess & Captain America is telling the Hulk to ..........SMASH!

Awesome sauce as they say! cheers

EDIT: It looks like Webhead already posted it from Youtube & I didn't see this page when quoting Comic Book Dude. Oh well, it's still awesome anyway.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:50 am

"Roll call" tv spot:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:27 pm

Marvel press release on world premire for avengers and where to what it live:
Marvel.com proudly invites one and all to experience the World Premiere of the Marvel Studios’ film MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS, LIVE from Hollywood! On April 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM PT/9:00 PM ET, click over to Marvel.com and watch as the stars arrive at the legendary El Capitan Theatre!

Sponsored by Harley-Davidson, this LIVE event will get you up close and personal with MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS like nothing else can!

Hear directly from the biggest names in the biz. Scheduled to appear are: Robert Downey Jr (Tony Stark/Iron Man), Chris Evans (Steve Rogers/Captain America), Mark Ruffalo (Bruce Banner/Hulk), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Scarlett Johansson (Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), Clark Gregg (Agent Phil Coulson), Stellan Skarsgård (Erik Selvig), Cobie Smulders (Maria Hill), Joss Whedon (Director) and more!
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:50 am

Maria hill/nick fury clip:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:37 pm

"Isolated" tv spot:
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:07 am

Link to 15 new stills from avengers(on way to work so don't have the time to post images themself):
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=57717

Mark ruffalo comments on the hulk:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=57738
On His Interpretation Of Bruce Banner:

I think Banner's aging and living with this thing since -- now it's been two years since his last "one." We're kind of going for this world weariness of accepting -- trying to get to the point where he can live with it, and maybe master it. Come to peace with it. And so there's this kind of nice ironic wryness to Banner. He's not sulking and miserable, you know. I think that's sort of a throwback -- we had talked about it being a throwback to Bill Bixby, which was the Banner that I grew up on basically. He had kind of a charm about him, and this world weariness. He was on the run, but he was still able to flirt sometimes and smile sometimes, and occasionally he'd crack a joke.

On Whether The Hulk Talks And If It's Ruffalo's Voice:

He Does. As of this moment, I am. But you never know what they're going to do. They might watch it and go, "Oh my god!" Yeah, he's a smart Hulk. He hasn't graduated to that yet, but hopefully he might be on the way to that. I don't know where it's gonna go after this, but there's definitely -- I feel like we're trying to open the door to integration of the two. I liken it [to] the guy who tried to break a bucking Bronco. He has some tiny little semblance of control of it, but then again it's completely out of control. That's what the last one left off, I felt like.

On Whether The History Between Bruce Banner And The Super Solider Serum/Captain America Is Explored:

We don't really get to see that moment. We kind of hop over that, but there is a history there.

On Whether He'd Be Interested In A Solo Hulk Movie:

Why not! It was the one character -- you know, I was a comic book fan when I was a kid and I always loved the Hulk. When The Incredible Hulk, that show, came on, I would not miss that. And so if I was going to find myself in that world, this would be the guy that I would be most interested in doing. To make a very short answer long: Yeah, I'd love to have him do his own movie.

On What He Thinks About 3D:

Um, fad? A cool fad? I don't know, I'm into this whole 4D thing -- have you heard about 4D? That sounds cool for this kind of movie. I don't know, it's fun to watch a 3D movie, but I don't know. I have no idea what's gonna happen with 3D. It seems to be like every few years we roll up something like Smell-O-Rama.

Last edited by webhead2006 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:14 am

New behind the scenes featurette and another clip from the film:

Also whedon comments on making the film and some stuff cut out:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=57736
THE AVENGERS Once Included Peggy Carter; Joss Whedon Wanted To Add Another BIG Villain

Giving a rundown of elements of Marvel's The Avengers movie that didn't make the cut,writer-director Joss Whedon reveals 'Peggy Carter' was originally included,among other things! DCMarvelFreshman - 4/11/2012

Chatting recently with The New York Times, Marvel's The Avengers writer-director Joss Whedon offered up a vague rundown of pre-production elements that "didn't work out." Revealing the only disagreement he initially had with Marvel Studios regarding another "big" villain he wanted to add, Whedon also had a "beautiful" piece jotted down with Captain America's Peggy Carter!

Kevin Feige, the Marvel Studios president, had told me you essentially won the “Avengers” assignment with a single e-mail. They – they being Marvel, and most they being Kevin – know exactly what they need, so they really do let you make the decisions. And there was only one point of conflict, in terms of what they needed.

What was that? It’s about the villains. I kept trying to add one. And they weren’t behind it. I feel like we made it work but that was the only thing we disagreed on.

And that character was –? [teasingly] A specific figure. I wanted to have another guy in the mix, somebody who was up to their level, because I have all these strong guys! That was trouble. They felt the structure worked without it and it would be too much. But apart from that, everything they wanted, I completely agreed with. It’s like, “We want the Avengers not to settle their differences through talk.” O.K., good. I’m for that, too. It’s a superhero movie. Superheroics must take place.

What would be an example of something you didn’t figure out until later in the process? One of the best scenes that I wrote was the beautiful and poignant scene between Steve and Peggy [Carter] that takes place in the present. And I was the one who was like, Guys, we need to lose this. It was killing the rhythm of the thing. And we did have a lot of Cap, because he really was the in for me. I really do feel a sense of loss about what’s happening in our culture, loss of the idea of community, loss of health care and welfare and all sorts of things. I was spending a lot of time having him say it, and then I cut that.

There are elements of “The Avengers” –alien invasion force; mysterious artifact –that we’ve just seen in other movies that haven’t fared very well. Believe me, there are tropes in this movie that will appear as nothing else. I referred to the Tesseract more than a few times as “the MacGufferact.” The invasion at the end, that was stipulated. And all I could think was, Great, I know where I’m going. My whole thing was, make sure that none of this feels like a checkmark. But more than once, we watched the trailer for some movie and went, “Oh, are their aliens better than ours? Are they too similar?” Panic, panic, panic. At the end of the day, it’s like, Was there a story about human beings threaded through all of that? The superhero team movie is going to have a certain structure, but no cars turn into anything else except piles of rubble. Cars magically transform into burning cars. That part I’m happy about.

For the full interview, head over to the New York Times!
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:29 pm

Just stumble upon a body shot of the Hulk on the front cover of next month issue of "Muscle & Fitness" magazine.

The Avengers News Thread - Page 12 Hulk_b11

Even though the Hulk's body mass is done right I still say he needs to be alittle cut like in TIH!

Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:04 am

But the Hulk looks real Comic Book Dude! What more can you want for crying out loud?! Rolling Eyes
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:09 am

non_amos wrote:But the Hulk looks real Comic Book Dude! What more can you want for crying out loud?! Rolling Eyes
I'm a DC guy and spent a good portion of my comic collecting career avoiding Marvel but if even I can look at that pic and say that looks like the Hulk... I mean, what's left??

Oh yeah, glowing green eyes...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:24 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:But the Hulk looks real Comic Book Dude! What more can you want for crying out loud?! Rolling Eyes
I'm a DC guy and spent a good portion of my comic collecting career avoiding Marvel but if even I can look at that pic and say that looks like the Hulk... I mean, what's left??

The 'eyes' bit is from the TV show obviously but it was never like that in the comics, at least not to my knowledge & I was a humongous Hulk fan back in the day. For some reason some people just can't get past the TV series. Go figure.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:43 am

non_amos wrote:
thecolorsblend wrote:

The 'eyes' bit is from the TV show obviously but it was never like that in the comics, at least not to my knowledge & I was a humongous Hulk fan back in the day. For some reason some people just can't get past the TV series. Go figure.
You know, it comes off like the Hulk is haunted by that TV show in the same way that Superman is haunted by Donner. It was good, it generated a lot of cred and good will for comics in general and that character in particular but it reached a point where it exerted a disproportionate influence over the character and the perceptions thereof.

You talk to your sub-25 yr old Superman fan these days and the overwhelming majority of 'em would tell you that Smallville has always been a small town in Kansas. If you don't believe me, go to some Superman forum and roll that grenade out there. Some overzealous but under-educated fan will you try to "correct" you. And to run with the STM/The Incredible Hulk show comparison more, I wonder if there was a point where casual fans ever thought the character's name was always David Banner. Today, there'd be no excuse for it but in the 80's... yeah, I kinda wonder...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next