Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 4 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 4 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  superman1938 Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:23 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/jun/03/amy-adams-paul-thomas-anderson

Paul Thomas Anderson is assembling an all-star cast for his next project, reportedly a film about the forging of an organisation similar to Scientology.

Variety reports that Amy Adams is the latest actor to join the as yet untitled project, the follow-up to Anderson's Oscar-winning There Will Be Blood. Philip Seymour Hoffman, who appeared in the director's 1997 drama Boogie Nights, and Joaquin Phoenix are also on board.

Hoffman will play the lead, Lancaster Dodd, a charismatic intellectual who returns from the second world war a damaged soul and sets out to help others in the same situation. The character recalls Scientology founder L Ron Hubbard, who developed the dianetics system in the 50s with the aim of helping individuals cope with traumatic events in their past. Its process of "auditing" later became an essential tenet of Scientology. Phoenix will play Hoffman's right-hand man Freddie Sutton, an alcoholic drifter who becomes second in command of the new organisation, while Adams will portray Hoffman's wife.

Other cast members include Laura Dern, Swedish actor Lena Endre (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo), There Will Be Blood's David Warshofsky and Paul's Jesse Plemons, who will play Hoffman's son. Anderson plans to start shooting this month in Sacramento, California.
[b]

If Amy Adams took this role, she cant shoot two movies at the same time...why would accept this role if there is a shooting schedule for Man of Steel....Something stinks in Denmark

I have a feeling that things will change with Man of Steel...change of director,delay of release, changing of actors......Shouldn't MOS be filming soon for the Dec 2012 release date?... It troubles me that there is no news
superman1938
superman1938
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

User Reputation : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:45 pm

If Amy Adams took this role, she cant shoot two movies at the same time...why would accept this role if there is a shooting schedule for Man of Steel....Something stinks in Denmark

I have a feeling that things will change with Man of Steel...change of director,delay of release, changing of actors......Shouldn't MOS be filming soon for the Dec 2012 release date?... It troubles me that there is no news

Superman1938, I'm worried too. Here, check out this link I posted on this same thread, page 5 to be exact in case you missed it:

http://www.thehobbitblog.com/

Like I said, it's about THE HOBBIT. That doesn't seem like a problem until you consider a few things. For one, it's release date is practically identical to what we've been led to believe about the Superman film reboot. It would be film suicide to even put Superman up against that, if you really want it to succeed, that is. But if that isn't enough to worry the crap out of you, consider also that WARNER BROTHERS is one of the film studios involved in the Hobbit's production. But ain't that when THE MAN OF STEEL is supposed to be released, more or less?! There really is something 'rotten in Denmark'!

Also on page 5 of this same thread I posted this link:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2011/mar/31/zack-snyder-justice-league-christopher-nolan-superman

Even though that article is a little over 2 months old, it pure RANTS against Snyder being the director of the Superman reboot & to tell you the truth, in light of SUCKER PUNCH bombing & being an embarrassment, as well as all the legal issues, I have to wonder what's REALLY going on here?! And like you said, superman1938, how can Amy Adams be involved in both these films AT THE SAME TIME?! Something is definitely WRONG here if you ask me! AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  superman1938 Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:42 pm

WB should have waited after the release Sucker Punch to hire Snyder....I have a feeling WB has something up their sleeve...Since the Smallville Finale (I think WB film division had a hand in the decision in the cheap way they handled Welling in costume), I feel that WB could had cross promote the movie..like coming soon to a theater near you during the Finale..C'mon its one year from the MOS release date
superman1938
superman1938
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:12 pm

ah ya I was just commenting I didn't see aany articles like that myself.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:32 pm

I have another concern about Amy Adams. Even though she's being cast in this other film, don't you find it odd that these articles don't state something like, "Adams, who is also cast as Lois Lane in Zack Snyder's Superman reboot, blah blah blah." Ain't that how such articles are usually handled? If an actor is handling multiple projects, there's usually at least some nod to the other projects, right?

So why wasn't it even MENTIONED about her being cast as LOIS LANE?! NOT AT ALL! Arrow
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  superman1938 Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:42 pm

It reminds me when Tim Burton was chosen to direct Superman Lives with Nic Cage....we had the announcements then the project went to development hell.

Non, I found the omition of MOS odd too. Concidering the hoopla she received after she was cast as Lois Lane.
superman1938
superman1938
SuperFriend
SuperFriend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:00 pm

non_amos wrote:Webhead, the way I found that article is that I'm sitting here getting tired of knowing.....nothing. So I did a search on it. Most articles were the usual stuff we've already seen since way back. However, I found that one in scanning over article titles & had to check it out. The pure flaming towards Snyder over Sucker Punch is what stood out to me, even though the rest of the article we've pretty much already seen. I know it'd seem 'late in the game' to drop Snyder now but just what is really going on here?! I wanna know.....& SOON! Fun

Interweb hyperbole aside, 'Sucker Punch' wasn't the 'Dylan Does Dogs'-type catastrophe people are making it out to be:

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=suckerpunch.htm
SUCKER PUNCH
Production Budget: $82 million
Domestic: $36,392,502
Foreign: $53,400,000
Worldwide: $89,792,502

Are those numbers good? Fuck no. Not even up to Singerman levels. But it DID at least break-even, which is something.

No, the delay in news I 100% believe was due to that shitty announcement that was just made. The Bros. Warner got bit big-time with the "I don't wanna be an American Citizen" thing followed immediately by "Bin Laden's dead! Yay America!!!". So they weren't going to let one bring down the other.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:22 pm

To me I just hope the reason we haven't heard much is cause of these:
1. Set contruction underway and getting completed, along with costumes/props being made.
2. Testing for roles like lex, perry, jimmy, and finalizing there selection for said roles..
3. they where waiting to after batman casting/filming starting up.
4. Waiting to a big event ie comic con in july to reveal start of filming, big costume reveal, and more filming details.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:41 pm

Found a couple more 2-month old articles, pretty much the same argument. However, this 1st one seems to support Zack Snyder as director of the reboot:

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/would-you-like-to-see-zack-snyder-replaced-as-director-of-superman

Would You Like to See Zack Snyder Replaced as Director of 'Superman'?
Not that I think he will be
By: Brad Brevet
Published: Friday, April 1st 2011 at 10:07 AM

For the record, my answer to the question posed in the headline is… No. The reason I'm asking this question is because a pair of articles over at The Guardian and MTV contemplate the possibility of such a scenario. Personally, I think Snyder is the right director to give the Superman franchise the kick in the pants it needs, a jolt of energy it's been missing… that is, as long as he can tone down the number of slo-mo shots and simmer a bit on the in-movie music video sequences. You know, go back to the days of Dawn of the Dead.

Ben Child at The Guardian is certainly the harshest on Snyder, opening his article saying, "Can one film ruin a career? Maybe it can, if that film is Sucker Punch." He then adds, "Speculation has been rife this week that Zack Snyder might find himself out of the Superman hotseat due to the critical drubbing and poor US box-office bow for his salacious new action fantasy."

Of course, Child is just dumping on Snyder as he then points to the MTV article saying a "number of critics" are betting Snyder will be dumped when in actuality MTV only talked to three people, only one of which really seems to think there's even the slightest chance Snyder gets the boot.

"Next month would be the moment when Snyder 'decides to do a more personal project,' if he was being given the heave-ho," David Poland of Movie City News told MTV.

"It's more about the bosses second-guessing. Will the noise level turn [CEO] Jeff Bewkes' head?" Poland added. "Could another Superman flop — meaning just $400 million worldwide, hit numbers for most films — change how Jeff Robinov is seen inside the company? … I do believe that [Snyder] is Robinov's guy and that Robinov's career is on the line here."

Much of the MTV article then turns to producer and Superman: Man of Steel "godfather" Christopher Nolan. Jeff Bock at Exhibitor Relations tells MTV, "[Warner Bros.] needed Nolan in a godfather capacity, and Snyder to up the hip quotient. Snyder knows how to create a dynamic spectacle on the silver screen, as he has shown with 300 and Dawn of the Dead, and with Nolan guiding the story process, Superman may just be the next big thing — again."

The reason this is even a topic of conversation is because Snyder's Watchmen slightly underperformed and Sucker Punch took a critical drubbing, the latter of which was pretty much the first time Snyder was given total and complete control. Thing is, that won't be happening with Superman as Bock points out. The collaboration between Snyder and Nolan could result in a reigning in of Snyder's more destructive tendencies while letting his visual eye bring some life to the Man of Steel we haven't seen before.

I believe I already linked the Guardian article referenced here but here's the MTV article:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1660789/superman-zack-snyder-sucker-punch.jhtml

Mar 28 2011 2:44 PM EDT
Will Weak 'Sucker Punch' Showing Affect Zack Snyder's 'Superman'?
Critics, Hollywood insiders weigh in the possibility that the director may be removed from the upcoming superhero reboot.

By Eric Ditzian (@ericditzian)

There was a time, after "Dawn of the Dead" and "300," when few might have argued against handing Superman's cape to director Zack Snyder and telling him, "Resurrect this franchise!" Then came his polarizing adaptation of "Watchmen" and a disappointing box-office performance in "Legend of the Guardians," neither of which prevented Warner Bros. from giving Snyder the "Superman" gig last October. Now, though, in the wake of the critical drubbing and weak opening weekend of "Sucker Punch," some industry insiders suspect that the studio and its corporate parent are starting to wonder if Snyder — a director with a keen visual eye but not always the deftest storytelling touch — is truly the right man for the job.

In fact, David Poland of Movie City News even speculated that the director might end up departing the production. "Next month would be the moment when Snyder 'decides to do a more personal project,' if he was being given the heave-ho," the critic told MTV News.

Not that Poland or anyone else is suggesting that Snyder has one foot out the door. Certainly helping matters is that "The Dark Knight Rises" director Christopher Nolan has taken on a much-vaunted "godfather" role on "Superman."

"With Nolan shepherding 'Superman,' Warner Bros. will likely have complete trust in their collective vision as they attempt to reboot one of Hollywood's golden franchises," said Jeff Bock, box-office analyst for entertainment-research firm Exhibitor Relations. "Yes, 'Sucker Punch' is a creative and financial disappointment, and probably the last time in quite a while that Snyder will be given free reign over a film, but he was never going to have that creative autonomy with 'Superman' regardless."

Yet Nolan's guidance is hardly enough to ensure "Superman" success on the level of "Batman Begins" or "The Dark Knight." James Cameron, for instance, took on an executive-producer role on "Sanctum" — one can clearly see his input both in the visuals and the storyline — but no one would argue that the film resides in the same creative universe as "Avatar." What's more, it remains unclear how engaged Nolan will be as he readies production on "The Dark Knight Rises."

"How involved will Nolan really be? His ['Batman'] casting is ahead of 'Superman''s," said Poland. "[Is] Nolan godfathering Snyder or just WB? Is he there to give script notes or to really assert an influence? It's an unknown."

Poland maintains that Snyder's hiring always seemed to be a move spearheaded by Warner Bros. Pictures Group president Jeff Robinov rather than Nolan, since the two directors possess vastly different stylistic vocabularies. In this sense, it may not be that WB is reassessing Snyder so much as that Robinov's higher-ups at Time Warner are.

"t's more about the bosses second-guessing. Will the noise level turn [CEO] Jeff Bewkes' head?" noted Poland. "Could another 'Superman' flop — meaning just $400 million worldwide, hit numbers for most films — change how Jeff Robinov is seen inside the company? ... I do believe that [Snyder] is Robinov's guy and that Robinov's career is on the line here."

It's important to note, however, that Warner Bros. certainly knew what it had in "Sucker Punch" before hiring Snyder — its commercial and critical reception couldn't have come as an inordinate surprise. Nor was its box-office debut ($19 million) especially shocking, according to Gitesh Pandya, editor of BoxOfficeGuru.com. "The opening was only a tad bit below expectations," he said. "If a branded film like 'Watchmen' opened like this, then it would be a big deal. The visuals were impressive and that's a major factor when it comes to a superhero tentpole. Many directors with far less action experience were handed comic-book epics before."

But even action-savvy helmers have faltered with "Superman." Just ask Bryan Singer. The thing is, after Singer's "Superman Returns" failed to resonate with the public in 2006, Warner Bros. can hardly afford to stumble again. According to Bock, WB understands that "it's do or die time," and continues to have confidence that its pairing of Snyder and Nolan was the right choice.

"[T]hey needed Nolan in a godfather capacity, and Snyder to up the hip quotient," Bock said. "Snyder knows how to create a dynamic spectacle on the silver screen, as he has shown with '300' and 'Dawn of the Dead,' and with Nolan guiding the story process, 'Superman' may just be the next big thing — again."

For breaking news and previews of the latest comic book movies — updated around the clock — visit SplashPage.MTV.com.

Sure, the articles are 2 months old & the info seems repetitious somewhat, whether pro [i]or
con, but I'll be honest with ya, I'm getting concerned! The fact that I'm even searching the Internets for info says a lot. Usually I can just let it 'fall in my lap' via the usual sources. Not so now! And the drought of any real news doesn't exactly help the cause either!

NOTE: Unsure what happened with all of the 'italics' when I copied & pasted.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:09 pm

non_amos wrote:Found a couple more 2-month old articles, pretty much the same argument.
In the absence of meaningful news, these are good finds. Thanks for posting. And bear in mind through all of this, I'm the "guilty until proven innocent" guy here. But at the same rate, the dude should at least be given a chance to fail before the movie is pronounced dead on (or before) arrival.

Rope of Silicon wrote:Personally, I think Snyder is the right director to give the Superman franchise the kick in the pants it needs, a jolt of energy it's been missing… that is, as long as he can tone down the number of slo-mo shots
He's usually simulating comic book panels when he does that. (A) He pulls the technique off as well as (if not better than) anybody and (B) it homages the source material. I'm honestly starting to equate this criticism with another bullshit Apologist talking point.

As to the rest...
Rope of Silicon wrote:The reason this is even a topic of conversation is because Snyder's Watchmen slightly underperformed
Spare me. Watchmen wasn't a tentpole release. It didn't have a tentpole budget. It wasn't given a tentpole release window. It didn't have to meet tentpole expectations at the box office. Shit, had those same things been true of Singerman, we would've gotten a sequel to that turdburger.

Here's an argument no Apologist has ever been able to answer: if one assumes that Watchmen lost money at the box office... how can one POSSIBLY argue that Singerman was some runaway success? After all, they both can only be said to have made money when taking the worldwide gross into consideration. So how is Watchmen a flop and Singerman a hit?

Of course, any Realist can answer this question but it ALWAYS leaves your average Apologist confused.

MTV News wrote:Then came his polarizing adaptation of "Watchmen"
Polarizing according to whom, fuckwad? Watchmen stands as one of the finest comic book films ever made. The theatrical version was true to the tone and spirit of the source material, it didn't compromise any of the characters and the effects sequences were first rate.

On top of that, this isn't mainstream material (see the tentpole shit I wrote above). It's an alternate history (strike 1; your average teenage dumbshit knows nothing about history, much less understanding how Watchmen intentionally deviates from it) with an R-rating (strike 2; comic book, yeah, but leave the kids at home for this one) set in the 1980's but without any of that trendy, obnoxious "80's chic" bullshit going around today (strike 3- this movie makes no effort to glorify the time period it represents).

WB clearly didn't have major expectations for this movie... because if they did, they'd need their fucking heads examined.

So, again, exactly how and whom (apart from Alan Moore himself along with his brainwashed acolytes) did Watchmen "polarize"?

Bottom line? Watchmen isn't a movie that you can depend upon mainstream reviewers from the likes of Entertainment Weekly to form opinions about. As ever, it comes down to the fans. Apart from those caught up in Alan Moore's cult of personality, I've met exactly TWO comic collectors who aren't in love with the movie. Everyone else? To a man, they all love it.

Sorry, but that's satisfaction no amount of Apologist gripes and digs can ever detract from. Watchmen is an achievement in comic book films, period, end of story.

non_amos wrote:Sure, the articles are 2 months old & the info seems repetitious somewhat, whether pro or con, but I'll be honest with ya, I'm getting concerned! The fact that I'm even searching the Internets for info says a lot. Usually I can just let it 'fall in my lap' via the usual sources. Not so now! And the drought of any real news doesn't exactly help the cause either!
Part of me wants to think that WB might be searching for cover right now following Citizenshipgate, the defeat and execution of Osama bin Laden and, now, DC's newest shit-storm over the non-reboot reboot that's (not) a reboot.

Snyder hinted that we could expect to see a pic of his version of The Suit before shooting commenced. At the time, I wondered that the release would be designed to give Snyder a chance to tweak/alter The Suit based upon the prevailing sentiment (if need be). Assuming the movie starts shooting in August, dare we expect said pic to come this month if Snyder's MOS is still a go?
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:00 pm

Pretty much what I said above.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:43 am

Heh-heh! Want to read something 'semi-hilarious'? Here:

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/ten-tips-for-zack-snyders-superman

This is dated 10/16/2010. It's also 2 pages online, complete with pics. Probably not the most convenient then for me to copy & paste as I can't include the pics. Anyway, this was linked to some of the other stuff I posted so I checked it out. I definitely don't agree with all of this guy's comments. It's laughable in that he uses the word 'sucks' for Smallville & also thinks Brandon 'BJ' Routhman should reprise the role of 'Singerman', but like I said, this is from last October. You may wanna read it for laughs. Laughing

However, he did make a few points that actually make sense:

1) no Lex Luthor (but then again, which Luthor, right? Depends.)
2) no lengthy origin story (again, depends)
3) 2-hour running time
4) no more Donnerverse
5) no more Williams' theme
6) KEEP the AMERICAN WAY!
7) no 'ultra-realistic' post-9/11 Superman; KEEP the FANTASY!

So yeah, read the article for laughs on one hand for duh typical apologist viewpoint but OTOH, see the parts that actually make sense. The parts that make sense really ought to be considered in the new film.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:56 am

I do really hope things are not going wrong and all that. Like I said above hopefully they are just in the nitty gritty prep stages of things. And then break news this month/next at comic con and filming under way in aug. Crossing fingers everything is fine and we get great news soon.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:47 am

I hate to say it but I don't have a good feeling about this:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167513-the-lone-ranger-heads-to-next-christmas

The Lone Ranger Heads to Next Christmas
by Silas Lesnick
Jun 8th, 2011

We've known for some time that Gore Verbinski's feature version of The Lone Ranger is coming, but now we know exactly when. Deadline reports that the film is set for a December 21, 2012 release.

"It's sort of 'Don Quixote' told from Sancho Panza's point of view," Verbinski told Superhero Hype of the film's plot earlier this year.

Armie Hammer will play the titular hero with Johnny Depp attached to the role of Tonto. The film is being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and features a script from Justin Haythe.

A December 2012 release puts The Lone Ranger up against the December 14th release of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and, also the 21st, Life of Pi. Though specifically unscheduled, Zack Snyder's Man of Steel is also expected that month with rumors continuing that J.J. Abrams' Star Trek sequel may be delayed for December 2012 as well.

There's also a Deadline link but not worth copying & pasting the article itself:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/hi-ho-silver-away-disney-dates-lone-ranger-for-december-21-2012/

My concern is........................................................................................................................

WHERE IS THE FREAKING MAN OF STEEL?!

Let me see now. The other day news of THE HOBBIT broke for December 2012. Now we're getting a LONE RANGER film which initially would be no cause to worry except that it's starring JOHNNY FREAKING-DEPP! And Armie Hammer is no slouch either. But get this: Christmas 2012! I don't know what this 'LIFE OF PI' is yet but I do know what STAR TREK is & if JJ Abrams sequel also comes out DECEMBER 2012?! But look what it states about MAN OF STEEL:

"Though specifically unscheduled, Zack Snyder's Man of Steel is also expected that month."

Excuuuzzzeee meeee, but can anyone tell me what's WRONG with this picture?! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:36 pm

Well I could see superman end up moving to nov or heck for all we know some of these films could end up changing release time. More so lone ranger. Since it wont be going into production to this fall likely. Since depp is currently working on dark shadows film. Hopefully once we get some more news things will be more clear.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:54 am

Don't know how reliable this is but here:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50022

@theonlyesq also glimpsed THE DARK KNIGHT RISES and (apparently) Zack Snyder's SUPERMAN displays being set-up. He/she grabbed these shots. Nothing particularly surprising about THE DARK KNIGHT RISES image, but I'm pleasantly surprised that Superman's "S" hasn't been modified or tricked out in some way. In fact, it feels a tad retro...which is cool...

There's more info there, such as THE AVENGERS 'teaser poster'. There's also some pics. What is of interest is that the 'S' shield shown would definitely please us guys! Now, it's not really 'in color' per se even though there are colors in the pic. The 'S' itself is still white but the DESIGN is what I'm talking about! It reminds me of the 70's comics! Hopefully someone can post a pic of this on here? And here's hoping that we really start getting some film news!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:30 am

Here is the photo your talking about non:
We Need Some Movie News - Page 4 Oz2n
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:57 am

Hm. This could be encouraging. If the movie was dead in the water, you'd think it wouldn't have a presence at a licensing expo.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:08 pm

True colors and I do like the s shield is classic like. But though since this is only early promo stuff things could always change later. I would hope the film is still a go. And like I said before reason we haven't heard much is due to costumes/sets/props being built, testing/signing remaining supporting/secondary roles, and them waiting for batman stuff to be over, and maybe wait for big event like comic con if snyder is attending this yrs one. Though next yrs would be more beneifical for them. But what ever.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:16 pm

I seen this over at Comicbookmovie.com although I have expected more but it's still better than nothing!

Unfortunately I also heard in an article over at Comicbookmovie.com that the WB studio won't be offering any insights on "The Dark Knight Rises" & "Superman: Man of Steel" during San Diego's Comic Con convention possibly due to the fear of fan reaction. It's understandable that they don't have footages to present since no filming has taking place especially with SMOS start filming within two months but they could aleast have interviews with the cast & crew and show some concept arts in the meantime! But to avoid the reaction of fans, I don't see that as a good excuse since not-so-humble fans will bitch/whine all the time even for the smallest details since that sort of thing happens!

I hope this isn't true and this is all false information that just been put in for the hell of it cause the last thing the WB want to do is not give the low down on films based on DC's top superheroes during San Diego's Comic Con convention!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:21 pm

I don't see them not doing this yr as a real bad thing. They with the other two nolan films didn't really do much at past comic cons right. Plus in mos case they can do a big deal next yr since the film would be out a few months later. But ya. I too saw the story the other day about various studios not going to comic con for various reasons.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:27 pm

A possible casting call for MOS:
got image from cbm which said got it from smhp.
We Need Some Movie News - Page 4 AutumnFrost
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:32 am

I'm not sure now where I even found this link. I don't think it was here though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gSxCE9mABY&feature=youtu.be

I guess this is what we'll have to put up with until we have the finished product! Rolling Eyes

EDIT TO ADD:

We were already aware of the 'casting call' but it appears that one of duh apologists at duh Homopage has tried out for it:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9918#comments

June 18, 2011: "Man of Steel" Open Casting Call for Extras
A Superman Homepage member calling himself MR.XIII attended the Casting Call for Extras for "Autumn Frost" (the code name under which "Man of Steel" is working), however there was really no secrecy surrounding what film the Extras were trying out for, with signs clearly indicating this was a Superman movie.

The line outside the Naperville DePaul campus stretched for quite a distance, with thousands hoping to be a part of the movie, quite a few of them sporting Superman T-shirts.

Check the Naperville Sun website for additional photos.

There are two further casting calls for extras planned for June 22nd at the Plano High School Gymnasium and June 25th at the Chicago Academy of the Arts.

Visit the AFbackground.com website for further details.

Thanks to MR.XIII for the photos.

· Steve Younis on June 18, 2011 7:25pm EST· 1 Comment · 216 Reads ·

There are also pics which I apparently can't post but which clearly state 'SUPERMAN CASTING CALL' on parking signs. I guess we don't have to worry then. Were we worrying? Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:40 pm

And hey, look at that, doesn't seem like the casting notice was posted on craigslist either. So that is how it's done, wonder of wonders...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:08 pm

In relation, I was reminded of something totally retarded that Singerman did.

When 'Batman Begins' was being filmed it went by the title "Rory's First Kiss". Nothing even to IMPLY that it had anything to do with Batman, correct? What did Singer film Singerman Peeps under? "Red Sun". Wow. Nope, no one would make THAT connection to Superman, right? What's the point of filming something using a code-name if you are too stupid to use one that ISN'T so obvious?

It was a fail from Day One.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 42  Next