Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 3 Empty RE: We Need Some Movie News

Post  non_amos Fri May 13, 2011 12:24 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:It would be nice to hear SOMETHING.

It's gotten eerily quiet on the Reboot news front...

You ain't kidding about that! My recent response was a little humorous but I still meant it. We've been getting regular casting news since February. Now it seems to be coming to a crawl & we don't even know yet who's gonna play friggin' LEX LUTHOR! I sure hope this doesn't get canceled like the Wonder Woman TV show. Suspect
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 3 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  thecolorsblend Fri May 13, 2011 2:15 am

non_amos wrote:You ain't kidding about that! My recent response was a little humorous but I still meant it. We've been getting regular casting news since February. Now it seems to be coming to a crawl & we don't even know yet who's gonna play friggin' LEX LUTHOR! I sure hope this doesn't get canceled like the Wonder Woman TV show. Suspect
I've wondered that it might but there's really no motive to cancel it and every motive to keep the thing going to completion. There's the "go into production or else" legal ultimatum on the table. Plus, I haven't heard or read anything to make me think Snyder is facing a troubled production.

Maybe the movie division, instead of pulling rank, is for once getting off SV's nuts and letting them enjoy the limelight in the time that's left. Plus, more attention on SV is, for now, good for them. Fades the heat.

I don't envy Snyder or the movie producers a month from now though. The pressure they'll probably be under by then, holy shit...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri May 13, 2011 2:26 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:You ain't kidding about that! My recent response was a little humorous but I still meant it. We've been getting regular casting news since February. Now it seems to be coming to a crawl & we don't even know yet who's gonna play friggin' LEX LUTHOR! I sure hope this doesn't get canceled like the Wonder Woman TV show. Suspect
I've wondered that it might but there's really no motive to cancel it and every motive to keep the thing going to completion. There's the "go into production or else" legal ultimatum on the table. Plus, I haven't heard or read anything to make me think Snyder is facing a troubled production.

Maybe the movie division, instead of pulling rank, is for once getting off SV's nuts and letting them enjoy the limelight in the time that's left. Plus, more attention on SV is, for now, good for them. Fades the heat.

I don't envy Snyder or the movie producers a month from now though. The pressure they'll probably be under by then, holy shit...

You may be right about that. Let SV have it's 'day in the sun' so to speak. But as we all know, due to the media & the Internets, it'll probably 'up the ante' on the film reboot. Snyder, Cavill, & company will shortly have to take center stage & either 'put up or shut up'. I vote for them to deliver the goods.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri May 13, 2011 3:49 am

Actually, I think it may end up doing the exact opposite. I consider myself a core fan. Ever since 1987, I'd waited for another Superman movie to come out. The fact that the next one was Singerman... fuck it, I'm never getting over that one. Three-quarters of my life (up to that point) down the drain...

I'll never be that disappointed by any Superman movie ever again. I don't care how bad Snyder's Superman ends up, it simply can't hang with Singerman in terms of sheer disappointment and betrayal. I mean, for Singerman to have simply been a bad movie is one thing. That would've been forgivable. But it being the Royale Fuck-Up With Cheese that it is... ugh!

On the other end of the spectrum, I've got ten seasons worth of SV to enjoy (nine, actually, since season 4 sucks so damn bad). That doesn't make everything else okay... but it does lower the stakes for the next Superman movie somewhat. If MOS sucks... well, in SV I've got an adaptation that I'm largely happy with. If Snyder's Superman blows, hey, dem's the breaks. That fades the heat a little bit.

All this to say I feel like I'm in a pretty good place to give Snyder a fair day in court but not scream for blood if he totally drops the ball. I haven't waited damn near twenty years for it and I'll always have SV, STAS, the early seasons of the Reeves show (and L&C) and my comics to go back to.

That may just be me though.

Last edited by thecolorsblend on Fri May 13, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 13, 2011 12:32 pm

I don't see where all the worry is coming from. Thdere is still months to the film goes into production and we probably will hear of more cast/crew coming on just before production starts or after it started.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 13, 2011 7:46 pm

webhead2006 wrote:I don't see where all the worry is coming from. Thdere is still months to the film goes into production and we probably will hear of more cast/crew coming on just before production starts or after it started.

Who's "worrying"?

And it's more like two months tops before actual filming takes place.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 13, 2011 7:53 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Actually, I think it may end up doing the exact opposite. I consider myself a core fan. Ever since 1987, I'd waited for another Superman movie to come out. The fact that the next one was Singerman... fuck it, I'm never getting over that one. Three-quarters of my life (up to that point) down the drain...

I'll never be that disappointed by any Superman movie ever again. I don't care how bad Snyder's Superman ends up, it simply can't hang with Singerman in terms of sheer disappointment and betrayal. I mean, for Singerman to have simply been a bad movie is one thing. That would've been forgivable. But it being the Royale Fuck-Up With Cheese that it is... ugh!

On the other end of the spectrum, I've got ten seasons worth of SV to enjoy (nine, actually, since season 4 sucks so damn bad). That doesn't make everything else okay... but it does lower the stakes for the next Superman movie somewhat. If MOS sucks... well, in SV I've got an adaptation that I'm largely happy with. If Snyder's Superman blows, hey, dem's the breaks. That fades the heat a little bit.

All this to say I feel like I'm in a pretty good place to give Snyder a fair day in court but not scream for blood if he totally drops the ball. I haven't waited damn near twenty years for it and I'll always have SV, STAS, the early seasons of the Reeves show (and L&C) and my comics to go back to.

That may just be me though.

I feel the exact same way in regards to the new Superman film.

'Singerman Peeps' has basically numbed me to another horrid Superman film. It could be Tim Burton 2.0 and I still wouldn't hate it as much as I did Singerman, since I didn't have to wait 19 years for it.

On the other hand, I can't get too excited for it either. Again, thanks to Singerman.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but I won't be excited until I am leaving the theater after having watched a kick-ass Superman film.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 23, 2011 12:34 am

Almost June and we still don't know who the full cast is?

Interesting....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon May 23, 2011 12:44 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Almost June and we still don't know who the full cast is?

Interesting....
I expect quite the flurry of news in the coming weeks. SV is fading in a lot of peoples minds and fandom's attention is shifting toward Snyder's MOS. They've had since, what, March or April to do a lot of shit, not least of which is get Cavill into shape, get The Suit finalized and maybe start taking some promo pics and whatnot.

Patience, young Jedi.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Mon May 23, 2011 1:23 am

thecolorsblend wrote:I expect quite the flurry of news in the coming weeks. SV is fading in a lot of peoples minds and fandom's attention is shifting toward Snyder's MOS. They've had since, what, March or April to do a lot of shit, not least of which is get Cavill into shape, get The Suit finalized and maybe start taking some promo pics and whatnot.

I don't know, a month without a peep from ANYBODY is a long time to go for a movie badly in need of good word-of-mouth.

Patience, young Jedi.

We Need Some Movie News - Page 3 Vader2
"Join me, and together we will rid the world of Singerman and his unwanted sequel FOREVER!"
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon May 23, 2011 2:03 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I don't know, a month without a peep from ANYBODY is a long time to go for a movie badly in need of good word-of-mouth.
That's the one angle I was worried about. Some folks (many of whom are Apologists, so grain of salt there) claimed that the production was in "trouble". Conflicts over the script, static between Snyder and Goyer/Nolan, blah blah blah. I didn't buy it then and don't buy it now but, to your point, an entire month of silence for a movie with this much riding on it... yeah, it might not be such a good sign.

We Need Some Movie News - Page 3 Vader2
"Join me, and together we will rid the world of Singerman and his unwanted sequel FOREVER!"
This is one offer of the "dark" side that I wouldn't be able to turn down...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Mon May 23, 2011 3:55 am

Hopefully nothing is wrong, i havent heard or seen anything even romately mentioned online. I guess they are just working on deals for roles like perry/jimmy/lex(if he is in the film). But with filming starting up in aug there is still time for news to pop out any time in a flurry. Or maybe some secondary/smaller roles cast as the film starts up filming like with roles still being cast for example with TDKR.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 26, 2011 9:12 pm

We Need Some Movie News - Page 3 Tumbleweed
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri May 27, 2011 12:11 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:We Need Some Movie News - Page 3 Tumbleweed

I'm feeling you man! If things get much 'drier' than that pic you posted, duh apologists will start campaigning for their 'BJ' again! Please ,Snyder, it's Memorial Day this weekend, a great AMERICAN holiday. How about some news on the film huh?! What better time to make a major announcement? Question
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 27, 2011 12:35 am

Other movies coming out around the same time have complete casts already announced, along with synopsis' and even pre-production photos out there. The absolute NOTHING that has been put out in the last 30 days just doesn't make any sense. None at all.

They should be building a buzz up until the first day of shooting. Get people talking, let them know that something NEW is going to be made in just two short months. "Leak" a Daily Planet logo. Show us what the title font will look like.

SOMETHING.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri May 27, 2011 12:58 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Other movies coming out around the same time have complete casts already announced, along with synopsis' and even pre-production photos out there. The absolute NOTHING that has been put out in the last 30 days just doesn't make any sense. None at all.

They should be building a buzz up until the first day of shooting. Get people talking, let them know that something NEW is going to be made in just two short months. "Leak" a Daily Planet logo. Show us what the title font will look like.

SOMETHING.

One idea I can hope for here is that Nolan & company are being 'top secret'. They haven't finished casting yet but have filled some major parts, i.e., Supes/Clark, the Kents, & even Gen. Zod & Faora. Likewise the parts of Luthor, Jimmy, Perry, etc., have not been filled to my knowledge. As far as we know, Cavill is hard at work working out at Gym Jones to prepare for the role. Man, there could be some 'spoilers' there, if someone would leak some photos or something! So I guess the idea is that they're still on track but not fully 'fleshed out' yet, for whatever reason. Maybe it is the fact that Nolan is focusing on TDKR right now & actually, he's still making casting announcements for that film! But yeah, Snyder's directing so he could do some of the 'heavy lifting'. So trying to be optomistic here.

OTOH, there could very well be the fear that the project is in real trouble. I hope not! I know we had all those years of 'development hell' but those projects really didn't deserve to see the light of day! With this reboot, although we don't really know much about the story yet, but if you judge by the solid creative team thus far & the casting, it appears to be a winner, but appearances can be deceiving. I just hope it doesn't have anything to do with duh legal issues. And Smallville is out of the way now, so to be optomistic again, I hope to hear something soon about something! Isn't there a Comic Con this summer? Surely we'll get something?! Happy
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 27, 2011 1:41 pm

Hopefully ap some nice news does break soon. I too can't wait to see rest of cast, cavill first photo in costume, and any othe details like will chicago/vancouver be used as metropolis and all the other great stuff once filming offically begins.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:42 pm

I guess we now know why there was no movie news for a month. Why bother dropping some news when they KNEW they were brewing-up a shitstorm?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:33 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:I guess we now know why there was no movie news for a month. Why bother dropping some news when they KNEW they were brewing-up a shitstorm?

And keep in mind that DC is owned by 'the brothers Warner'. So I guess we can assume that Snyder & company had some idea as to what was going on with the comics & how all of this might relate to the reboot film, possibly even all the 'legal issues'. It wouldn't surprise me if they ain't sitting on more than we even realize! Let's just hope this film ain't a 'dead fish in the water' now! Mad
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:52 am

I keep forgetting to bring this up!:

http://www.thehobbitblog.com/

Titles and Release Dates Announced

New Line Cinema, Warner Bros. Pictures and MGM have announced the titles and release dates for filmmaker Peter Jackson’s two-film adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s enduringly popular masterpiece THE HOBBIT. The first film, titled “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” will be released on December 14, 2012. The second film, titled “The Hobbit: There and Back Again,” is slated for release the following year, on December 13, 2013.

Both films are set in Middle-earth 60 years before Tolkien’s THE LORD OF THE RINGS, which Jackson and his filmmaking team brought to the big screen in the blockbuster trilogy that culminated with the Oscar-winning “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.” The adventure of THE HOBBIT follows the journey of title character Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor from the fearsome dragon Smaug.

But wait! That's Hobbits, not Superman. Yeah, I know, but what I found interesting was the release date for the 1st film:

The first film, titled “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey,” will be released on December 14, 2012.

Look who's involved in its' production:

New Line Cinema, Warner Bros. Pictures and MGM have announced the titles and release dates for filmmaker Peter Jackson’s two-film adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s enduringly popular masterpiece THE HOBBIT.

So 'the brothers Warner' are involved in this film's release, in the middle of December 2012. Now, if memory serves me correctly, ain't that about the time for the release of the SUPERMAN REBOOT?! More or less?! So what's going on here?! THE HOBBIT is almost guaranteed to be a success & it would be film suicide to put another like film up against it, including THE MAN OF STEEL!

So what's the story here, Is the Superman reboot gonna be released 2 weeks later around Christmas, or what?!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Shocked
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:06 am

Well maybe they would put superman in nov before the hobbit film. As for news on film. Ya maybe they are/have been waiting for all the comics news to past. So they are not on top of each other. We still have all of june/july(comic con) for stuff to break. Before filming in aug starts. Hopefully sets are in the mists of getting built, and costumes/props finalized. Along so with remaining casting choices. Along with others who likely be picked up after filming starts.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:05 pm

non_amos wrote:So what's the story here, Is the Superman reboot gonna be released 2 weeks later around Christmas, or what?!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! Shocked

More than likely.

Remember, more people go to the movies on Christmas Day than any other day of the year.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:10 am

I'm aware this article I'm posting is now old, 3/31/2011 to be exact. Some of the material later in the article, like the Justice League & 'rebooting Batman after Nolan', I'm sure has already been presented on here, somewhere. However, this article takes a particularly harsh stab at Zack Snyder due to his flop SUCKER PUNCH & suggests that he may be removed as the director & replaced by someone else. Here, I'll post it & 'bold' the important parts:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2011/mar/31/zack-snyder-justice-league-christopher-nolan-superman

Has Sucker Punch ruined Zack Snyder's Superman chances?

With the critics savaging Sucker Punch, it's possible for Warner Bros to promote Christopher Nolan, demote Zack Snyder and still use his mainly visual gifts

Posted by Ben Child Thursday 31 March 2011 13.56 BST guardian.co.uk

Can one film ruin a career? Maybe it can, if that film is Sucker Punch. Speculation has been rife this week that Zack Snyder might find himself out of the Superman hotseat due to the critical drubbing and poor US box-office bow for his salacious new action fantasy. MTV News even quotes a number of critics willing to bet their last greenback that the US film-maker is about to be unceremoniously dumped in favour of another director.

At first glance, this all seems a bit farfetched. Snyder was only handed the job of reviving the Man of Steel in October, and Warner Bros executives will rest comfortable in the knowledge that they have producer Christopher Nolan above him in the film-making hierarchy as the project's "godfather". On the other hand, anyone who has seen Sucker Punch will easily be able to understand why it might prove to be the director's kryptonite.

Horribly misconceived, puerile, distasteful and hugely wasteful of the talent involved, Snyder's latest release is Coyote Ugly for the fanboy brigade – or Girl, Interrupted, had Winona Ryder and Angelina Jolie been forced to spend the entire film shooting things while tarted up to the nines in stockings and suspenders. Quite what Snyder was thinking is anyone's guess, but one can only assume he was given free reign to indulge his cinematic vision following the relative box-office successes of 300 and Watchmen (and promptly fluffed his lines).

Snyder's vision, such as it is, seems to be that of a 15-year-old video-game junkie. Sucker Punch is all hotpants and uzis, scantily clad babes blowing the bejesus out of hordes of zombie Nazi troopers and bazookaing dragons and giant robots to kingdom come. It's even compartmentalised into game-style, task-orientated segments which must be completed to allow our high-kicking heroines to escape the nuthouse-cum-whorehouse where they have been incarcerated.

One can only imagine somebody somewhere thought this might appeal to adolescent males in the same way the similarly vacuous Twilight movies have drooling teenage girls flocking to cinemas. I am pleased to report that somebody somewhere got it very wrong indeed. I am less pleased to admit that, earlier this year, I thought Sucker Punch might just be one of this year's fantasy highlights, based on Snyder's excellent efforts on Watchmen. If he does remain in charge of Superman, we can only hope that results will improve when he is once again working from somebody else's screenplay, which in the latter film's case is a much-hyped David S Goyer/Nolan creation.

The other big news this week on a Warner/DC tip (the studio owns the screen rights to all the comic book publisher's major titles) is head honcho Jeff Robinov's LA Times interview, in which he reveals two things. Firstly, Nolan will be in charge of rebooting Batman in a producer's role once he has finished work on The Dark Knight Rises, and secondly, there are proposals in the works to revive the long-awaited (albeit with some degree of trepidation) plan for a Justice League movie, uniting the caped crusader with Superman, Wonder Woman and other characters in one feature.

What this means is that Warner are basically counting on Nolan to oversee both their major superhero "franchises" for the foreseable future. What it does not mean, apparently, is that the British film-maker will also be taking charge of a Justice League film. Speaking on the red carpet at the London premiere of Sucker Punch, Snyder said there were no plans to link his iteration of Superman or either Nolan version of Batman (either the current series or the planned post-Dark Knight Rises reboot) with Justice League.

"It doesn't [connect]," Snyder said. "Like what Chris Nolan is doing and what I'm doing with Superman, what they'll do with Justice League will be its own thing with its own Batman and own Superman. We'll be over here with our movie and they'll kind of get to do it twice, which is kind of cool."

Except, of course, that it isn't. The most recent attempt to bring Justice League to the big screen failed precisely because executives feared putting parallel iterations of Batman and Superman on the screen at the same time. Why they have changed their minds now, beyond the potential for generating extra revenue, is somewhat open to question.

Without tie-ins to the more grown-up solo series (the Snyder-Nolan Superman is being pitched as a more realistic take than previous versions, in line with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight), Justice League looks likely to be a rather insipid affair, since none of its main protagonists will have more than a small portion of screen time to establish themselves.

So here's a solution: give Snyder Justice League. The film-maker has an unquestionable gift for visual flourishes which might just paper over the cracks of what would likely be a prosaic storyline, even if it didn't quite work for Sucker Punch. Then give Superman to someone else, or better still hold off bringing the Man of Steel back to the big screen until Nolan himself has the time and inclination to take on the project as director. Mr Robinov, I'll expect my cheque in the next post.

My concern is that although this article is 2 months old, it's particularly negative against Snyder as the director for the reboot. I don't think I've quite heard him 'torn to shreads' like that before! However, with the flop & critical failure of Sucker Punch, combined with the 'drought' of reboot news, as well as the 'onslaught' coming from the comics world, I can't help but wonder if there may be some VALIDITY to these claims?! Question Exclamation
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:35 am

i serious doubt snyder would be dump.Plus come on if he was to have been dumped and/or replaced would have happened already. i would think. So it would give enough time for prep and all that. plus they dont have the time to wait for nolan to direct or wait to long to get someone else on board. They have to get filming before the end of the yr or more legal issues arrise. Plus i never saw that article myself or see it talked about anywhere else. Also looking at the whole page, it just seems to be this one author opinion, no solid facts in his blog/article. Sure Sucker punch didnt do that great, but its a totally different type of film then what superman likely will be. Plus come on so he didnt do to well with that, he did well with that owl movie right, and still has his other good films in his record.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:54 am

Webhead, the way I found that article is that I'm sitting here getting tired of knowing.....nothing. So I did a search on it. Most articles were the usual stuff we've already seen since way back. However, I found that one in scanning over article titles & had to check it out. The pure flaming towards Snyder over Sucker Punch is what stood out to me, even though the rest of the article we've pretty much already seen. I know it'd seem 'late in the game' to drop Snyder now but just what is really going on here?! I wanna know.....& SOON! Fun
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next