Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Need Some Movie News

+6
Comicbookfan-V2
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
10 posters

Page 2 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 2 Empty Re: We Need Some Movie News

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:15 pm

Apparently she just got busted for felony grand theft. She tried stealing a $2,500 necklace. So even if she was up for a role... yeah, I don't think that's happening now.

On a personal note, every shoplifter I ever heard about didn't start off with $2,500 necklaces. They usually start small and then work their way up. Kinda makes you wonder what else Lohan has stolen that we don't know about.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 2 Empty RE: We need Some Movie News

Post  non_amos Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:24 pm

I guess the rumor mill is in FULL SWING now that the film is becoming more & more solid! It was the same way when SINGERMAN was in production. Somethings never change I guess? How long before we hear the cries for Jim Caviezel to take over the role? Or even worse, fire Cavill & re-hire that 'piece of wood'?

Cavill I almost thought was a joke but it turned out to be true. It seems to be the last true statements that we've heard. But let's not forget our old friend 'Steve'. 'Steve', wherefore art thou when we really need you?! Too bad your site went down right before the Internets EXPLODED with REAL NEWS! Razz
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:06 pm

non_amos wrote:I guess the rumor mill is in FULL SWING now that the film is becoming more & more solid! It was the same way when SINGERMAN was in production. Somethings never change I guess? How long before we hear the cries for Jim Caviezel to take over the role? Or even worse, fire Cavill & re-hire that 'piece of wood'?
Haven't seen anyone championing Blandon BJ lately (which could be the first time I've ever been able to say that) but Caviezel's name has popped up for Jor-El on a few fan wishlists. I'd be cool with that, actually. It'll never friggin happen but I'd be cool with it.

It's funny how fan wishlists always have uniformly British Kryptonians... except for Jor-El, who's uniformly American.

Cavill I almost thought was a joke but it turned out to be true. It seems to be the last true statements that we've heard. But let's not forget our old friend 'Steve'. 'Steve', wherefore art thou when we really need you?! Too bad your site went down right before the Internets EXPLODED with REAL NEWS! Razz
True. So true. "Yeah, I knew this was coming. Now that Variety has published it, I can confirm that this is indeed real."
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 2 Empty RE:We Need Some Movie News

Post  non_amos Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:12 pm

True. So true. "Yeah, I knew this was coming. Now that Variety has published it, I can confirm that this is indeed real."

Yeah, but 'Steve' was so adamant that HE was right! "It WILL be THIS! It WILL be THAT!" And other assorted flavors. They were gonna go with WELLING OR ROUTH because the franchise is DEAD due to duh heirs! Do you suppose 'Steve' had a hand in Counting Down GOING down? I mean, if he had inside info at all, he most certainly knew he was about to be called out on his 'BS'?! Very Happy

Found this link about Lois Lane choices. Have to get ready for work but take a look if you will:

http://movies.msn.com/paralleluniverse/5-actresses-to-play-lois-lane/photo-gallery/feature/
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:44 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Apparently she just got busted for felony grand theft.

That's a kid with a few problems.

The tabloids hang on her every movement and won't rest until she's in an early grave. Either her or Britney, Amy Winehouse etc etc etc

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:49 pm

No doubt. Really, the only one of those starlets I ever really loathed was Avril Lavigne. She was always a pill.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:02 am

Man, SOMEONE in Snyder's camp is having FUN with the internets....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:17 am

The conspiracy theory on the Younis page (which, for a miracle, I actually find relatively believeable) is that her publicist started this rumor as a way to put positive attention on Lohan.

Given the necklace thing, I can only imagine how pissed off the publicist must be right about now.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:26 pm

Haha probably so
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:21 pm

Found this at duh Homopage:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9241#comments

If you want the main article without duh Homopage wet dream moments:

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/02/09/zack-snyder-talks-superman-movie/

So Snyder wants Superman to be PHYSICAL in the reboot?! Hmm?! That seems to be a JAB at Singerman, without calling any names, of course. That's good news though. Snyder will no doubt have Cavill bulk up, look the part, the whole 9 yards. Remember how he had Gerard Butler do for 300? Expect more of the same. No 'swimmer's physiques in this film! No fetish wetsuits either! No metrosexuals allowed!

I just wish we had a CLUE as to who the villain(s) really is. It might would help us picture what we could be in store for. Anyone have any inkling how long before we have pertinent facts regarding plot developments, etc., as well as for the Batman film? I mean, we already know that the LIZARD is the main villain in the SPIDERMAN reboot even though we don't really know the story. I guess I don't have 'Steve' on speed-dial anymore so anyone have a clue?!

non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:42 pm

non_amos wrote:If you want the main article without duh Homopage wet dream moments:
Some of their remarks are kind of interesting. I'm still waiting for someone to pipe in with "but but but... we need a Superman who who's long and lanky, who peeps on Lois, runs out on his responsibilities and stares at Jimmy a bit too much!"

http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/02/09/zack-snyder-talks-superman-movie/

So Snyder wants Superman to be PHYSICAL in the reboot?! Hmm?! That seems to be a JAB at Singerman, without calling any names, of course. That's good news though. Snyder will no doubt have Cavill bulk up, look the part, the whole 9 yards. Remember how he had Gerard Butler do for 300? Expect more of the same. No 'swimmer's physiques in this film! No fetish wetsuits either! No metrosexuals allowed!
So true. As long as they don't throw the baby out with the bathwater and fuck up The Suit, this movie has a really good chance of turning out well. For whatever else you want to say about Zack Snyder, dude ain't afraid to show manly guys acting manly. When the fuck that became an unpardonable sin is beyond me but it's good to know that at least Snyder will get that much right without question.

The more I see from Sucker Punch, the more I think Snyder could actually turn out to be a god-send. He's one of the few directors I can think of who could make a Superman film that unapologetically embraces the science-fantasy nature of the comics without, say, Chris Nolan's fucked up insecurity over the source material. Not saying as he definitely will but SP gives me reason for hope.

I guess I don't have 'Steve' on speed-dial anymore so anyone have a clue?!
He's probably getting hosed in divorce court right about now.

As long as it's not Zod or (principally) Lex, I'm okay with just about anybody from the comics. This really isn't the time to play it safe. WB has to compete against a lot of other tentpole action movies, many of which are comic book-oriented. I expect a superpowered villain and I expect an ass-kicking battle. The days of audiences being satisfied with Superman briefly verbally jousting Lex Luthor are long over (as Bryan Singer can attest).
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:22 pm

"As long as it's not Zod or (principally) Lex, I'm okay with just about anybody from the comics. This really isn't the time to play it safe. WB has to compete against a lot of other tentpole action movies, many of which are comic book-oriented. I expect a superpowered villain and I expect an ass-kicking battle. The days of audiences being satisfied with Superman briefly verbally jousting Lex Luthor are long over (as Bryan Singer can attest)."

The ironic thing is, I wouldn't mind Luthor done right! You see that all Spacey did was ape Hackman & no one wants Luthor again! Yet when you watched Michael Rosenbaum portray the character on SMALLVILLE, you did want to see Luthor! The corporate angle is one thing, but I personally wouldn't mind Luthor in the 'green & purple' battlesuit! Either of those angles could work but 'land' will NOT work. And yeah, bring on someone that Superman can PUNCH!
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:36 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Some of their remarks are kind of interesting. I'm still waiting for someone to pipe in with "but but but... we need a Superman who who's long and lanky, who peeps on Lois, runs out on his responsibilities and stares at Jimmy a bit too much!"

Actually, you can tell the Apologists right off the bat:

#2 | LittleRobbieV1 on February 9, 2011 4:40pm EST
Say "Hello!" to CGI Superman! Not a good thing in my opinion.
#3 | LittleRobbieV1 on February 9, 2011 4:41pm EST
You'll believe a man can fly! with CGI!

The funny thing is, this RETARD is forgetting the CGI debacle of Singerman Peeps. TOP NOTCH work there, right?

So true. As long as they don't throw the baby out with the bathwater and fuck up The Suit, this movie has a really good chance of turning out well. For whatever else you want to say about Zack Snyder, dude ain't afraid to show manly guys acting manly. When the fuck that became an unpardonable sin is beyond me but it's good to know that at least Snyder will get that much right without question.

When we let the media TELL US what we "like".

The more I see from Sucker Punch, the more I think Snyder could actually turn out to be a god-send. He's one of the few directors I can think of who could make a Superman film that unapologetically embraces the science-fantasy nature of the comics without, say, Chris Nolan's fucked up insecurity over the source material. Not saying as he definitely will but SP gives me reason for hope.

Sucker Punch looks pretty crazy, and I will definitely be giving it a look when it comes out.

He's probably getting hosed in divorce court right about now.

Yep, sans lube....

As long as it's not Zod or (principally) Lex, I'm okay with just about anybody from the comics. This really isn't the time to play it safe. WB has to compete against a lot of other tentpole action movies, many of which are comic book-oriented. I expect a superpowered villain and I expect an ass-kicking battle. The days of audiences being satisfied with Superman briefly verbally jousting Lex Luthor are long over (as Bryan Singer can attest).

I agree. No going back to what has been done already, repeatedly.

Give us something NEW, or don't bother giving us anything at all.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:03 am

non_amos wrote:The ironic thing is, I wouldn't mind Luthor done right! You see that all Spacey did was ape Hackman & no one wants Luthor again! Yet when you watched Michael Rosenbaum portray the character on SMALLVILLE, you did want to see Luthor! The corporate angle is one thing, but I personally wouldn't mind Luthor in the 'green & purple' battlesuit!
THANK YOU!! I love the purple and green battlesuit version. I'd love to see that in live action.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 2 Empty Lindsay Lohan in a Superman role?

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:40 am

I not sure if you guys heard but I just got word from Superherohype.com & Supermanhomepage.com that Lindsay Lohan might be cast for a role in the upcoming Superman reboot! So let me see if I get this straight, they decided to whither or not cast someone who is indeed a film celebrity but recently had too many run-ins with the law in a new Superman reboot film? Whither this true or not I need to ask... What the hell were they thinking, I mean seriously??! Mad

P.S. I know this may already been discuss at another thread somewhere (Not sure really) but even so, I thought this should be discuss on it's own thread!
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:50 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:The ironic thing is, I wouldn't mind Luthor done right! You see that all Spacey did was ape Hackman & no one wants Luthor again! Yet when you watched Michael Rosenbaum portray the character on SMALLVILLE, you did want to see Luthor! The corporate angle is one thing, but I personally wouldn't mind Luthor in the 'green & purple' battlesuit!
THANK YOU!! I love the purple and green battlesuit version. I'd love to see that in live action.

I believe one major aspect to the battlesuit is that it would actually allow Luthor to physically engage Superman in battle without having to always play the 'Kryptonite card'. I mean, I'm fairly certain that Kryptonite will be touched on in the reboot but puh-leaaazzzeee!!!!! Don't wear that 'crutch' out! That's one thing that does irk me about Smallville. Right when you think Clark will 'clean house', instead he's brought down by 'meteor rocks'. I mean, the plot device can wear out it's welcome, ya know? The beauty of the battlesuit is that, if need be, Luthor could fight Superman 'mano y mano'. And if you really think about it, this thing could really be fleshed out. Luthor's rivalry with Superman reaching a peak, & NOW actually being able to do something about it! Without Kryptonite! Also portray Luthor's psyche the way the comics do & we could have a winner.

But should Luthor be the only villain? Probably not, but if the battlesuit were done properly, Luthor might could even be the main villain. That would depend on execution. You could call it a 'Superman Begins' type of film, thus establishing a foundation & grow from there. And if Luthor were done right, it might cause fans to have a newfound appreciation for the character. No offense to Hackman but the 'cornball' approach to Luthor was all wrong to begin with.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:37 pm

Ya we where already talking about it in the need some movie news thread. For a day or so.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:40 pm

I too wish we had offical word on villain(s) and at least some story aspect to go on. But story wise probably wont know much to just about filming.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Comicbookfan-V2 Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Well in that case just delete this thread then and I'll discuss the topic over there! Rolling Eyes
Comicbookfan-V2
Comicbookfan-V2

User Reputation : -249

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:36 pm

Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Well in that case just delete this thread then and I'll discuss the topic over there! Rolling Eyes
Why not merge 'em? Wink
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:37 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:
Comicbookfan-V2 wrote:Well in that case just delete this thread then and I'll discuss the topic over there! Rolling Eyes
Why not merge 'em? Wink

You beat me to it....
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

We Need Some Movie News - Page 2 Empty RE: We Need Some Movie News

Post  non_amos Tue May 10, 2011 1:58 pm

C'mon Snyder, we need some more press releases! Who's gonna play Lex, etc.?! We're getting all this other info, Spidey, Avengers, & what-not. Even Bats! How about some more SUPERMAN news before I start having withdrawal symptoms?! Smile
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Maybe my perceptions are off but we have months to get to MOS matters. I'd rather nothing new surface about MOS until SV has had a full day in the sun.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  webhead2006 Tue May 10, 2011 7:31 pm

Yea let smallville have this week to close out. Heck filming doesnt start to aug anyway. We are bound to get some more stuff before filming starts. Heck for all we know castings like lex/perry/jimmy could could just before filming starts or even after filming has started. Cant wait to see what else we have in store for the film.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 12, 2011 7:29 pm

It would be nice to hear SOMETHING.

It's gotten eerily quiet on the Reboot news front...
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 42  Next