Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

+9
bootspark
gadhero
kivara
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
13 posters

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 22 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  non_amos Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:40 am

I guess I was wrong then. Like I posted elsewhere I expected it to be like 'Cavill fired, BJ rehired' crapola. Interesting that I don't even see BJ mentioned so far. Hmmmm. Anyway, if I didn't know better I'd think that AP made one of the Facebook comments on that page:

Arthur Thomas
You can eat a dick, sir.
Reply · 1 · Like · Follow Post · 4 hours ago

I think it's a safe guess to assume that guy ain't AP but he sure could be posting here though. And that particular 'joke' didn't seem to be too well received in general. Duh Eunuch must really be a sordid individual.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 22 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  thecolorsblend Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:44 pm

non_amos wrote:I guess I was wrong then. Like I posted elsewhere I expected it to be like 'Cavill fired, BJ rehired' crapola. Interesting that I don't even see BJ mentioned so far. Hmmmm. Anyway, if I didn't know better I'd think that AP made one of the Facebook comments on that page:

Arthur Thomas
You can eat a dick, sir.

I think it's a safe guess to assume that guy ain't AP but he sure could be posting here though. And that particular 'joke' didn't seem to be too well received in general. Duh Eunuch must really be a sordid individual.
Got a link? Doubt anybody from here posted that but would like to check it out anyway.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:16 pm

The best April Fool's they did was last year when they reported that a fire occurred at WB, destroying all the negatives for MOS. This year's is just lazy. The Lana Lang spin-off would have been a hoot like eight years ago. Today it's too obvious.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 47

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:33 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
non_amos wrote:I guess I was wrong then. Like I posted elsewhere I expected it to be like 'Cavill fired, BJ rehired' crapola. Interesting that I don't even see BJ mentioned so far. Hmmmm. Anyway, if I didn't know better I'd think that AP made one of the Facebook comments on that page:

Arthur Thomas
You can eat a dick, sir.

Got a link? Doubt anybody from here posted that but would like to check it out anyway.

I just checked & there's no longer any way to see comments on those fake articles. Now Eunuch has them all lumped together under one link & when you click on said link you can still read the articles but no longer see any comments. From what I can tell you actually read the Young Justice article so what it was then was not the regular comments section from duh apologists but right above it & just under the article there were Facebook comments. Why has Eunuch started this? I have no idea. It didn't use to be that way, just duh sheeple comments but this now seems to be the norm at his site. I guess it's like trying to be like everyone else. Really that's all that guy said at the time too but he echoed this site more than Eunuch's. I just wonder how long it took Eunuch to remove that comment. But if he allows Facebook comments then he should be prepared for anything because that's exactly what he's gonna get.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:22 pm

Nah, not me. But he's got my respect...
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:26 am

Our old pal swright threw a "dig" in at us, proving what I knew all along:

He trolls our site anonymously.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=12944&c_start=0

#44 | Steve "swright" Wright on April 23, 2013 11:04am EST

Also, I truly could care less what other sites think of our site or how we moderate. Most of those sites have personal issues with Steve or myself or other moderators.

Pussy.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:37 am

Personal issue with them and/or their moderators? Well, let's see.

You've got the Eunuch, who could've been the voice of reason, the guy who united the fanbase and used his page as a constructive means of letting WB know Singerman is an insult. But because he'd already whored himself out to Bad Hat Harry Productions, he had no choice but to quash free expression to protect his bottom line.

Next is the Felcher, who at this point would probably fellate the entire city of New York if it would get him a book deal. He spent five years unnecessarily tearing Smallville to pieces (A) to prove how "snarky" he is and (B) to stay in Daddy's good graces.

If I recall, Swrong tried to play both sides by posting vaguely sympathetic comments about Singerman and the plight of Realists over on the Singerman Sucks blog while posting typical Loyalist/Apologist stuff on the Eunuch page. He stormed off in a huff when someone got wise to him and his shit.

Damn right we have personal issues with their staff!
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:11 am

Good times huh? Those were the good ol' days. It's really amusing too his definition of 'trolling' from the same link:

#36 | Steve Wright on April 23, 2013 8:56am EST

Intentionally going into a thread just to quell people's excitement just because you are annoyed that they are excited is considered trolling, by the way. Nobody is saying you can't have a disssenting opinion. But just because you are fed up and that you don't think it's fair because you might be an SR fan or a Smallville fan doesn't make it okay to just go into every thread and make comments designed to annoy people.

It can be a very fine line when judging if someone is trolling or genuinely trying to just give an honest opinion. Which is why we may let it go for a bit until we can see a pattern. And, there are patterns emerging with some people which we have noticed...FYI.

Yeah, they notice 'patterns' emerging. I guess then it's time to bring out the Dream Police & start administering BANS. Oooo, I'm scared.......... Frustration
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Tue May 28, 2013 7:37 pm

Love it or hate it, there was a time when the Eunuch page was a content-generator. You could go there and find expanding archives of reviews, trivia/BTS stuff, original/exclusive articles and the like.

Since about the time Singer came on board back in 2004 though, that changed. Since then, the Eunuch page has become more of a content-aggregator page where some staffer apparently cruises the web all day searching for Superman-related articles and then linking to them from the main Eunuch page. Take the article at http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=13235. The main chunk of the article is pasted directly from http://www.kryptonian.info/about/news-feed.html/2013/05/24/break-down-of-kryptonian-writing-in-the-man-of-steel. Eunuch adds essentially nothing new or original; he simply makes a few dumbass remarks, includes the quotation and then throws in the link.

Understand, this IS NOT an issue of plagiarism as the Eunuch makes no bones about where he obtained the content. So I'm not accusing him of wrongdoing. My point is that he has completely lost focus of what a "fan page" is intended to be. You're supposed to bring your own perspective or the perspectives of your "staff" and do it in a way that only you can. This may be a tribute video/video blog, a comparison of comics to, say, an animated series, an interview with Ilya Salkind or whatever else. Even if it's stuff which core fans have seen/heard a zillion times before, the fact that YOU did all the legwork on it makes it more unique. And if it's an interview, maybe you could ask questions that don't come up in DVD bonus discs. So it's not an issue of dishonesty so much as a lack of originality.

Frankly, this kind of leads back to problems I have with a lot of "content" you find online these days but I'll spare you.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed May 29, 2013 1:53 am

I think the Singerman debacle, and subsequent Gestapo tactics, caused people at Warner Bros. to second-guess Eunuch's page. So, in order to please the almighty Bros. Warner accountants, they've decided to become a non-offensive product shill site.

Nothing more. nothing less.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed May 29, 2013 2:09 am

It's one of the reasons I hardly visit that site now. Those exclusives made the place a priority to check out for interviews. The last time it was relavent for me was when I watched Smallville and where i'd join the chateoom right after the show and later read Neal Bailey's reviews until I gave up watching it. There is the occasional reviews of older shows but like I said only occasional. I remember the caption contest was a favorite, and now they hardly do those. The last time I visited their message board it was dead.

It's pretty sad the way it is now. I don't even think Younis has his heart in it especially after the infighting when SR came out.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Wed May 29, 2013 2:17 am

I recall, I'd say around 2002 or 2003, that I first found duh Homopage. At this time there was no Singerman so it seemed like a harmless enough site. Nevertheless I still didn't get into it fully right away. But fast-forward to nearly the end of the summer or early Fall in 2004. I found myself having 'withdrawal symptoms' for the need for a new Superman film so I remembered duh Homopage (yet to be called that). So I went & checked it out again & probably didn't quit until nearly the end of the decade.

Like I said, it seemed harmless enough, that is, until Singerman came on the scene. And all downhill from there huh? But it did provide some amusing moments though.
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed May 29, 2013 9:34 am

Shit, I didn't think anybody would care about this except me. Nice to know I'm not the only one though. Very reaffirming. I think the most original thing the site produces anymore is Radio KAL Live, which sometimes has interesting guests and stuff. I stopped taking the page seriously after the Apologist/Realist stuff first went down and when Neal Bailey refused to acknowledge that Smallville had returned from the abyss of suckitude after season 4. Those two things pretty much broke it for me. Anyway...
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Wed May 29, 2013 4:02 pm

Neal Bailey seemed sincere in his reviews, it was around maybe midway through Season 6 that he obviously became disenchanted that even by the time Miller and Gough left it was too little too late for him. He just didn't realize that until he gave up reviewing the show for good later, it really wasn't engaging him so it not only wasted his time but also the readers. Was SR really an influence? Hard to say because I agreed on a lot of the criticisms he placed in post-season 4, but he was always willing to give episodes what they deserve like "Justice", while trashing episodes that deserved it like the return of Pete Ross. Overall, he definitely should have quit earlier as it became apparent he fell out of love with SV.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed May 29, 2013 5:00 pm

I can't remember him filing very many positive reviews after news of Singerman broke. I'm sure there were a few but I doubt there were very many. Another thing was that he always did a per episode rating and then usually a season-wide rating. The only exception to that I can think of is season 8 (or whatever his final complete season was) because even his own numbers showed the episodes were improving. Coincidentally, I'm sure, that's the year he skipped his complete season rating.

His non-stop bashing of the show mostly went by me during season 4 because, let's face it, that year kind of deserved it. But there's a lot to enjoy about the subsequent seasons and Bailey seemed determined to not acknowledge it. I can defend the Pete Ross episode (Hero) and everything else about that entire season. All Bailey could do was bitch and whine about a product placement deal the network made and the production company was stuck with.

I will never think it's a coincidence that Bailey trolled Smallville once news of Singerman came down the pipeline.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Thu May 30, 2013 1:23 am

I do agree that 5 and 6 were an improvement after 4, but not by much. All I can say of seasons 7 and 8 was that I tried giving both a shot, and I always dropped out three episodes after the premiere. Even during the fourth season if you told me I would actually give up watching the show I'd call you insane. Not that the later seasons were that bad, they just felt tired to me. There was a certain energy I found very appealing in the first two seasons, despite the X-Files/Buffy formula there was something fresh about it. It kinda dipped with 3 concerning the whole Adam Knight debacle, but that was about it.

I do sympathize with Bailey to an extent because I know what it's like to try to keep going with a show with so much promise but see it never reach its potential for a long period of time. I endured myself with seven whole seasons of STAR TREK: VOYAGER that turned out to be a big lie that never delivered the promise that many of the writers made when the show started. My patience wore so thin that I only finished the show just to get it out of the way rather than try enjoying it.

Back to Smallville, I feel it should have been a maximum seasons of four, focusing primarily on him growing up with these increasing powers of his and how he copes with them. I liked the progression in the first season where an explosion gives him bruises but by the end of the season he no longer gets that kind of injury. I found the premise very interesting because it was very different from a lot of other DC related stuff on Superman. Many thought the "no tights, not flight" thing by Miller and Gough was a restriction while I thought it pushed the writers to do something new rather than rely on familiar grounds. That's why I liked that the Flash showing up was a special occasion, because it truly was special. As much as I thought they got "Justice" right, I just didn't agree with going that direction. I say four seasons only because I would have mainly focused on Clark in Smallville, with few trips in Metropolis and very little appearances of characters that would become prominent during his Supes years. There's only so much you can do at the barn, so having it just as four seasons feels right. Seems the writers agreed on that too, yet they kept going anyway but outside of Smallville. I still would have ended the show with a flashforward with Clark becoming Superman. It's funny how everyone predicted that JUST RIGHT, that I think the writers basically wrote that scene out of what fans thought up rather than what the writers themselves thought up. Too bad Welling refused to wear an actual suit, but that's his deal.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu May 30, 2013 11:48 am

It's not the writers fault that the series continued as long as it did. That's a decision made by the network; nobody else. All the production company can do is fill the number of episodes ordered by the network.

I enjoyed the progression of the show as it went along. Clark went from a shy, insular farm kid to a full-on superhero and you can chart his growth through the show. Take season 6, for example. Clark insists on proactively searching for the escaped Zoners. Well, Clark in season 4 would've just waited until they came looking for him, and then he would've dealt with them. But by season 6, he realized that he had take responsibility for messes he made (whether he intended to or not). In season 8, Clark became comfortable with the idea of a dual identity. By the end of season 10, he was comfortable with operating openly as Superman. Etc etc etc. He grew a lot more than people (not necessarily you, just the hater in general) seem to want to give him credit for. It's like if there isn't some Nolan-style scene where Clark melodramatically rubs his temples and pontificates aloud about every single fucking step of his character growth that no character growth is occurring. Well, the show didn't always didactically spell it out (although sometimes it did) but that doesn't mean growth isn't taking place.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:56 am

From the You can't make this shit up file...

ATP wrote:Yes I agree Faora was perfect. Better casting than Zod in fact. Anyone think Daniel Craig would have been better?

URL- http://fortressofsolitude.proboards.com/thread/4348/man-steel-spoilers?page=9

A few points. Antje Traue (or however you spell her name) rocked as Faora. No argument. And as far as Michael Shannon is concerned, I think all of us were onboard with him almost right away. I was the lone hold out until I started watching Boardwalk Empire and then my doubts were gone. Having seen the finished product, there's just no room to criticize.

That said, Shannon OWNED his part. Faora was there to be another baddie and she did her job ridiculously well but her part simply wasn't as big as Shannon's. The other part of the deal is Shannon was perfect as Zod. If there's anything I'd change, it would be finding out more about who he was before MOS started but whatever you can't have everything. So to stupidly argue that somehow Faora was better in her role than Shannon was in his is (A) patently retarded and (B) kind of apples and oranges anyway.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  James Stocks Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:56 pm

Weird suggestion. If they wanted to bring up someone who might have been a good Zod they might as well have mentioned Singer's choice Jude Law, who I think might have actually been good casting IMO, but as the saying goes "woulda coulda shoulda", Shannon has knocked it out of the park and you can only speculate on who might have been AS GOOD but NEVER BETTER.
James Stocks
James Stocks
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:48 pm

For the past few months or year or something, I've been posting on the Eunuch page as "thenewerfem". Originally the idea was to troll the place and try to stir up trouble for the mods but over time it became a little bit of a running gun battle with the twat who reviews the Smallville- Season 11 comics. But now and then, the troll side would resurface. A while ago, that jackoff Stephen Colbert did a segment where he talked about "the red underwear". I regard his fans as social degenerates and even went so far as to call them douchebags in my comment. That caught mini-Bailey's eye and he sent me a threatening note advising I better not pull that shit again or I'll get banned. I think I've shown by now that unbanning myself is pretty easy. In any case, he said that he doubts he has any credibility with me but I should mind my manners.

I replied that he was right... he doesn't have any credibility with me. Yadda yadda yadda, he sent a message today advising that I'll be banned once the Fuehrer has a moment.

As my days with this handle are numbered, I said it seems weird that he sent me a message warning me about the nature of comments made in public and then after our exchange in private (wherein I didn't even use any profanities or tell him what an ass-faced cockmaster I think he is), now I will be banned.

Again, it ain't about the content of your posts so much as whose ass you kiss.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:20 am

Ya know what's amusing about this? The very fact that you even get PMs & such at all warning you about like you're still in school or something. Tow the line or it's detention for you this afternoon Bud. Oops! You messed up. Go to the Principal's office now!

See anything wrong with this picture?

1) It's a free country (supposedly) and

2) We have freedom of speech (supposedly).

Of course, duh Eunuch gets around this because this is after all duh Internets which is world-wide & he's 'down under' anyway (under what?). So he makes his own rules & has his own Gestapo I guess.

Look, you don't have to deliberately insult people & 'push buttons' but in debates like we had over Singerman there was cause for complaint. Funny though how it seemed so one-sided over there.

Waaahhhh!!!!! (Need emoticon for crying baby.)
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:39 am

I don't mind their tactics; it's the discrepancy between their actual tactics vs their stated policies that has always bugged me.

For comparison, do you have any idea how many lines you'd have to cross to get banned around here? I don't want to go so far as to say it's impossible but short of violating another member's privacy, I'm at a loss to think of very many ways to do the job. Maybe Puncher has his own criteria (it's his party anyway), but I believe in laissez-faire moderation. There's room for other opinions, esp if those opinions can be defended beyond emotional "arguments" and feeeeeeeeeelings (ie, Apologist bullshit).

Still, say whatever you want about the Eunuch page; NOBODY is worse than Jett/Bill Ramey from Batman On Film.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:48 pm

If you want to see an Apologist mourn over Singerman...

http://www.avclub.com/articles/what-the-muchmaligned-superman-returns-got-right,99469
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:07 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:For the past few months or year or something, I've been posting on the Eunuch page as "thenewerfem". Originally the idea was to troll the place and try to stir up trouble for the mods but over time it became a little bit of a running gun battle with the twat who reviews the Smallville- Season 11 comics. But now and then, the troll side would resurface. A while ago, that jackoff Stephen Colbert did a segment where he talked about "the red underwear". I regard his fans as social degenerates and even went so far as to call them douchebags in my comment. That caught mini-Bailey's eye and he sent me a threatening note advising I better not pull that shit again or I'll get banned. I think I've shown by now that unbanning myself is pretty easy. In any case, he said that he doubts he has any credibility with me but I should mind my manners.

I replied that he was right... he doesn't have any credibility with me. Yadda yadda yadda, he sent a message today advising that I'll be banned once the Fuehrer has a moment.

As my days with this handle are numbered, I said it seems weird that he sent me a message warning me about the nature of comments made in public and then after our exchange in private (wherein I didn't even use any profanities or tell him what an ass-faced cockmaster I think he is), now I will be banned.

Again, it ain't about the content of your posts so much as whose ass you kiss.
non_amos wrote:Ya know what's amusing about this? The very fact that you even get PMs & such at all warning you about like you're still in school or something. Tow the line or it's detention for you this afternoon Bud. Oops! You messed up. Go to the Principal's office now!

See anything wrong with this picture?

1) It's a free country (supposedly) and

2) We have freedom of speech (supposedly).

Of course, duh Eunuch gets around this because this is after all duh Internets which is world-wide & he's 'down under' anyway (under what?). So he makes his own rules & has his own Gestapo I guess.

Look, you don't have to deliberately insult people & 'push buttons' but in debates like we had over Singerman there was cause for complaint. Funny though how it seemed so one-sided over there.

Waaahhhh!!!!! (Need emoticon for crying baby.)
And I've been banned. Meant to update sooner but I just didn't give a shit. The ban is IP-based so getting around that and unbanning myself easy enough; I'm just lazy. But I'll be back. Count on it.

Moral of the story? Questioning Singerman's awesomeness, publicly (and factually) shaming a contributor, and privately (and factually) shaming a contributor will get you banned.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:47 pm

I wasn't actually banned per se but Herr Bailey did 'ban' me for a few minutes I believe because he got me mixed up with someone else! He was really competent huh? But then my account worked again. However, after so long a period of time of not being active at duh Homopage duh Eunuch 'cleaned house' of inactive accounts so my ID was no longer there & any posts I had made, even when they were still present, were lacking my user ID, left blank.

I'm now with a different Internet provider than I was then anyway so naturally I've got a new ISP without having to go that route that you talked about, whatever it was called. I've thought about going back with a new ID but I've just been too lazy to do so. I wonder though. How long would it take them to figure out I was the same person simply by my posting style? Or are they so blind that they can't even see the ditch?
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum