Superman Film Watchdogs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

+9
bootspark
gadhero
kivara
Father Finian
non_amos
thecolorsblend
webhead2006
Apologist Puncher
13 posters

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 11 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  webhead2006 Fri May 06, 2011 4:19 pm

ya i am getting sick of folks thinking tom wont wear the suit for the finale. Or that it would just be a tease. They have to do more then just that after all the yrs of teases we have had.
webhead2006
webhead2006
Missing In Action

User Reputation : 2

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 11 Empty Re: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 06, 2011 8:19 pm

Hey colors, that guy is an ADMITTED Apologist who posts his passive-aggressive anti-Smallville/Reboot bullshit both there and at SingerHomoHype.

So ANYTHING he says is automatically irrelevant.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

User Reputation : 548

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Mon May 09, 2011 5:01 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Here's another "gem" from Apologist-Land:
http://fortressofsolitude.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=superman&action=display&thread=449&page=36

crazy_asian_man

Re: The Official Brandon Routh Thread
« Reply #875 Today at 3:34pm »

Well, Aintitcoolnews gave it a moderate thumbs up, plus an explanation of how the budget got slashed at the last minute, a la Superman IV style.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49462

Trailers are a mixed bag. I've seen great trailers to movies that weren't all that great (Star Trek: Nemesis, Pearl Harbor), and I've seen terrible trailers to movies that I'd end up loving, (SR had really unimpressive trailers- the international one I thought was better, but still) so imo it's not a perfect science to judging a film just by the trailer.

Hopefully his agent has something better up his sleeve, barring a last minute replacement (unlikely it seems) with Cavill for Superman.
(Makes me wonder- WHO IS Cavill's replacement, if he sprains his ankle/quits/whatever at the last minute? The Watchmen guy or would they reconsider Routh?)

(Though, yeah, again, highly unlikely to have a replacement at this point....)

See how pathetic Apologists are, and always have been?

Don't tell me they're holding out for Cavill to "sprain his ankle" so Ruth can get another look in.............Jeez

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

User Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 11 Empty RE: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  non_amos Mon May 09, 2011 10:54 am

Don't tell me they're holding out for Cavill to "sprain his ankle" so Ruth can get another look in.............Jeez

I guess it's like you said.

RUTH GOTTA EAT!!!!! Laughing
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

User Reputation : 250

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Mon May 09, 2011 11:45 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Hey colors, that guy is an ADMITTED Apologist who posts his passive-aggressive anti-Smallville/Reboot bullshit both there and at SingerHomoHype.

So ANYTHING he says is automatically irrelevant.
Good point. VERY good point.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

User Reputation : 287

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed May 11, 2011 1:27 pm

Blandon The Bartender is attending the Superman Celebration this year.

URL- http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9761#comments

As ever, the Eunuch page comments are hysterical.

Everyone's favorite nitwit Apologist wrote:#7 | Sabaoth on May 11, 2011 10:50am EST
Brandon is a class act all the way.
While I was sorry to see Dylan Dog bomb (terribly) domestically and worldwide, it should be noted that Brandon filmed that movie (and SR) years ago, and his acting chops have improved since then.
I hope Brandon hops on board one of the successful CSI tv shows soon.
Every excuse that you can imagine. "He shot Dylan Douche years ago, he's gotten BETTER since then!" But then I guess that's why we call them Apologists.

There's no label adequate to describe this idiot's delusions wrote:#10 | Zokal on May 11, 2011 12:38pm EST
The only sad people will be the other actors, who must have instantly realized Routh would be the main attraction to the extent that it would hardly matter if they were there. There would also be resentment, I guess, as these celebrations envelope the last vestiges of their fame, and perhaps, income.
Um, huh? Huffman has worked regularly for years, with or without Smallville around. As for Pillow, he vanished from the acting world pretty much completely in the 80's and from the public eye some time in the early 90's. He's not trying to revive his career. He lives a few miles from me, works a 9-5 job, is just trying to take care of his family and has mostly fond memories of his association with Superman.

Neither of them will feel the slightest bit threatened by BJ.

Hell, if I'm not much mistaken, Huffman has gone to Celebration before and been a popular guest.

I forget the specifics but a few months or a year ago, it came out that Routh would start doing cons. This was a first for him. He apparently wanted to charge $60 or something for pics and an autograph. Stan fucking Lee might be able to ask for, and get, that kind of price but Pleatherman? Cracka, please.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 11 Empty RE:Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  non_amos Thu May 12, 2011 12:59 am

Hey, in relation to that same link you posted, here's some additional 'winners':

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=9761#comments

#11 | copacetic on May 11, 2011 12:43pm EST
Brandon Routh for Bizarro! Who's with me?
#12 | georgethree33 on May 11, 2011 2:10pm EST
ROUTH for Superman in the Justice League Movie!
#13 | Sabaoth on May 11, 2011 2:11pm EST
@11, no way.
Brandon is too personable and an all around nice guy to be Bizarro; Tom Welling, however, would definitely fit the bill.

Not enough? How about this?:

#16 | Avilos on May 11, 2011 4:13pm EST
[censored]! I was a regular to the Celebration through out the 90s. Life changes made it hard to go since 2001. Plus the fact that most of the guests have been Smallville cast. A show I am not a big fan of, its been hard to justify going back.

But I been hoping to and checking the guest announcements. This WOULD have been my reason. I a big fan of Superman Returns of of Brandon Routh's portrayal.

BUUUUUUUTTTTTT There is a conflict with my other major passion other than Superman. I am going to be in Las Vegas to see my first ever Paul McCartney concert with my girlfriend. I been a fan of the Beatles my whole life and have wanted to see him for years.
#17 | Sabaoth on May 11, 2011 5:56pm EST
Sure good to see Brandon together with Huntington.
I wonder if Rosenbaum will be announced next as his show just got canned.
@12, there is no reason he couldn't be in the justice league, since Bale and Cavill won't be in it. That would be a great question to ask him there.

'Sabaoth' needs no explanation but believe me, 'Avilos' is also an apologist of the highest order. Believe me I know from experience!

However, in response to the 'Bizarro' comments about Welling, 'swrighty' tries to be the voice of reason:

#15 | Steve Wright on May 11, 2011 2:58pm EST
@11, no way.
Brandon is too personable and an all around nice guy to be Bizarro; Tom Welling, however, would definitely fit the bill

And you know this how??? How do you know Tom isn't just as nice. By all accounts by actors and fans who have met him, he is incredibly gracious and almost always takes time with kids who visited the set. Whether or not Brandon or Tom could play Bizarro is purely about acting ability...not whether or not they are considered "good people".

Always amazes me how people can let their personal biases get in the way of facts. At least do some research before you insinuate that Tom isn't a good guy.

Swrighty to the rescue again! But to be fair, Tom has already played Bizarro, on SV. Does this fact escape duh apologists' notice?!

Dumb & Dumberer! Razz
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu May 12, 2011 2:08 am

non_amos wrote:Hey, in relation to that same link you posted, here's some additional 'winners':
Yep. When it comes to the Eunuch page, you sort of have to give up after a while. Nobody has enough time to track and ridicule every single bit of that stupidity, you know?

#13 | Sabaoth on May 11, 2011 2:11pm EST
@11, no way.
Brandon is too personable and an all around nice guy to be Bizarro; Tom Welling, however, would definitely fit the bill.
Yeah, saw that. I mean, COME ON! If that's all anybody can say about actor/producer/co-producer/executive producer/director Tom Welling, it's safe to say those morons are running out of ideas.

Not enough? How about this?:

'Sabaoth' needs no explanation but believe me, 'Avilos' is also an apologist of the highest order. Believe me I know from experience!
Heh, well, the fuckin guy posts on the Eunuch page so my policy is usually "guilty until proven innocent" when it comes to that.

However, in response to the 'Bizarro' comments about Welling, 'swrighty' tries to be the voice of reason:
Ah yes, everyone's favorite mind-changing flip-flopper. As I recall, he went from being stridently pro-Singerman (ie, Apologist) to casual Singerman fan to unapologetic SV fan. Y'know, which ever way fandom is leaning, that's where you'll find swrong... the following day.

Swrighty to the rescue again! But to be fair, Tom has already played Bizarro, on SV. Does this fact escape duh apologists' notice?!

Dumb & Dumberer! Razz
These people are lucky they can tie their shoes. Asking them to remember SV episodes that are a credit to Tom Welling as an actor is like asking them to acknowledge what a turd-bomb BJ Routh's career is. There are some things Apologists will just never be comfortable admitting even to themselves.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Thu May 12, 2011 11:22 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Yep. When it comes to the Eunuch page, you sort of have to give up after a while. Nobody has enough time to track and ridicule every single bit of that stupidity, you know?

Not unless YOU want to end-up stupid too....

Yeah, saw that. I mean, COME ON! If that's all anybody can say about actor/producer/co-producer/executive producer/director Tom Welling, it's safe to say those morons are running out of ideas.

I'm going to laugh when Welling's post-SV career DESTROY'S BJ's, and the whining it will cause.

Heh, well, the fuckin guy posts on the Eunuch page so my policy is usually "guilty until proven innocent" when it comes to that.

Admitted Apologist. Admitted.

Ah yes, everyone's favorite mind-changing flip-flopper. As I recall, he went from being stridently pro-Singerman (ie, Apologist) to casual Singerman fan to unapologetic SV fan. Y'know, which ever way fandom is leaning, that's where you'll find swrong... the following day.

If ANYONE knew what Eunuch's balls tasted like, he's the one.

These people are lucky they can tie their shoes. Asking them to remember SV episodes that are a credit to Tom Welling as an actor is like asking them to acknowledge what a turd-bomb BJ Routh's career is. There are some things Apologists will just never be comfortable admitting even to themselves.

Like sexuality?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu May 12, 2011 11:45 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:I'm going to laugh when Welling's post-SV career DESTROY'S BJ's, and the whining it will cause.
Dude, it already has as far as I'm concerned. If Welling had done a shit job in his first time directing an episode of SV, star of the show or not, he wouldn't have been allowed back to do another one. Schneider and Rosenbaum weren't (that I can remember anyway).

But Welling? 05.18- Fragile, 06.10- Hydro, 07.18- Apocalypse (*AFTER* the WGA strike, no less), 08.21- Injustice, 09.11- Absolute Justice (the second, arguably more important, half), 10.09- Patriot, 10.18- Booster all show that he's got a good eye. I'm sorry but you don't get those opportunities unless you've got skills. All of his episodes looked great, had great performances (yes, even Hydro), innovated a bit on the show's usual style and visuals, etc. He's SV's greatest director but the dude's easily in the top 6 or 7 (which is saying a lot considering the behind-the-camera talent SV had going for it) and he ain't even a director by trade.

On the other hand, I defy anybody to show me ONE major studio or network willing to fire off even a relatively paltry $3 million at BJ to direct jackshit. Just one. But nobody can because Routh probably couldn't fucking direct traffic, much less cinema.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Tom walks on water. My only point is that Blandon would probably give his left nut to have Welling's career.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 11 Empty RE: Younis Page & Other Boards Follies

Post  non_amos Fri May 13, 2011 12:19 am

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Tom walks on water. My only point is that Blandon would probably give his left nut to have Welling's career.

And he'd probably suck Welling's right one. Wink
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 13, 2011 8:00 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Dude, it already has as far as I'm concerned. If Welling had done a shit job in his first time directing an episode of SV, star of the show or not, he wouldn't have been allowed back to do another one. Schneider and Rosenbaum weren't (that I can remember anyway).

But Welling? 05.18- Fragile, 06.10- Hydro, 07.18- Apocalypse (*AFTER* the WGA strike, no less), 08.21- Injustice, 09.11- Absolute Justice (the second, arguably more important, half), 10.09- Patriot, 10.18- Booster all show that he's got a good eye. I'm sorry but you don't get those opportunities unless you've got skills. All of his episodes looked great, had great performances (yes, even Hydro), innovated a bit on the show's usual style and visuals, etc. He's SV's greatest director but the dude's easily in the top 6 or 7 (which is saying a lot considering the behind-the-camera talent SV had going for it) and he ain't even a director by trade.

On the other hand, I defy anybody to show me ONE major studio or network willing to fire off even a relatively paltry $3 million at BJ to direct jackshit. Just one. But nobody can because Routh probably couldn't fucking direct traffic, much less cinema.

Did you miss the part where I said "post Smallville"?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Fri May 13, 2011 11:43 pm

Apologist Puncher wrote:Did you miss the part where I said "post Smallville"?

Sure looks that way.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat May 14, 2011 1:55 am

thecolorsblend wrote:
Apologist Puncher wrote:Did you miss the part where I said "post Smallville"?

Sure looks that way.

Singerman ended, and BJ has had a pathetic at best "career" since. Welling need only be part of ONE successful film to eclipse BJ's flop-streak.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat May 14, 2011 3:12 am

Forgive me, maybe I'm overly-sensitive about it but it pisses me right off anytime someone compares ol' BJ's career to Welling's because (A) it's usually Apologists who do it and (B) somehow The Bartender always comes out on top.

Ah well, just a reminder for me to read things in their entirety before going off the deep end about it.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sat May 14, 2011 9:26 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:Forgive me, maybe I'm overly-sensitive about it but it pisses me right off anytime someone compares ol' BJ's career to Welling's because (A) it's usually Apologists who do it and (B) somehow The Bartender always comes out on top.

Ah well, just a reminder for me to read things in their entirety before going off the deep end about it.

There was no comparison though. I am just looking forward to rubbing some salt in the ol' wound.

Know what I mean?
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Wed May 18, 2011 9:07 pm

A Superman facebook page asked which Superman actor people prefer among Reeve, Cain, Welling and Blandon. See it at https://www.facebook.com/superman.

The results... well, I doubt the results will be much of a surprise to any of you. The vote breakdown is as follows:

Christopher Reeve- 1,450
Dean Cain- 84
Tom Welling- 608
BJ The Bartender- 98

Seems obvious enough that Reeve would come out on top. As the actor (currently) most associated with the role, it stands to reason that Welling would make a pretty decent showing for himself too. Let's face it though, it's pretty tough to compete with Reeve.

Still, what does it say about BJ's memorability that he can only barely outscore someone who hasn't played the role in about 15 years? I'll bet the Apologists are probably shocked at the results. If this was a poll more open to manipulation, they'd probably even claim foul play.

That's pretty much what happened with, I believe, a USA Today or USA Weekend or something Superman poll back in September'ish 2008. You can probably still find a link to it on the old Singerman Sucks blog. That poll started off with predictable results like the above and then, out of nowhere, the FOLC's got wind of it and repeatedly voted for Cain using library computers and other things. Cain went from being 4th or 5th on the list (at best) to nipping at Reeve's heels. The Apologists whined and complained, calling the FOLC's cheaters (and hey, if the shoe fits)...

... but then the Apologists turned around and pulled the same stunt themselves. Somehow Cain got ousted from the #2 slot by a "sudden outpouring of [BJ] support". This coincided with a post on [blandon]routh.com that "encouraged" members to "get out the vote". If I'm not much mistaken, Routh somehow won that poll in a "landslide" (he somehow fucking beat Reeve). Desperate for validation, I remember the more militant Apologists (MostPowerfulSolarisGayzer among them) citing the USA Today poll as proof that the public loveslovesloves BJ The Bartender, he should come back for the next movie no matter what, blah blah blah. Fuckin Apologists...

But somehow, BJ is getting left behind in this more honest facebook poll as Reeve is the CLEAR winner. Funny how plainly the results speak for themselves when the Apologists have to compete on the equal footing with everyone else, innit? As ever, that's what separates the men from the boys from the bartenders.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Wed May 18, 2011 10:51 pm

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 11 Motiva10

Last edited by Apologist Puncher on Thu May 19, 2011 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Thu May 19, 2011 3:38 pm

thecolorsblend wrote:A Superman facebook page asked which Superman actor people prefer among Reeve, Cain, Welling and Blandon. See it at https://www.facebook.com/superman.

The results... well, I doubt the results will be much of a surprise to any of you. The vote breakdown is as follows:

Christopher Reeve- 1,450
Dean Cain- 84
Tom Welling- 608
BJ The Bartender- 98
How about an update?

Christopher Reeve- 2,816
Dean Cain- 186
Tom Welling- 1,079
BJ The Bartender- 191

The only real surprise is that the Chris Reeve figure isn't even higher. If you'd asked yesterday, I would've thought he'd be somewhere in the 3,500's by now. But give it time.

But Cain is closing in on Blandon more and more all the time. An ignorant outsider would probably think Routh would place significantly higher than Cain just by virtue of being more recently associated with the role but (A) that ain't happening and (B) I think we all know why.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Thu May 19, 2011 9:10 pm

Thanks for that.

That's why Ruth is SUCH a dud. We're not the only ones who dislike his performance so much that people seem willing to vote AGAINST him just to keep him in last place. Wake up apologists.

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Fri May 20, 2011 8:02 pm

Father Finian wrote:Thanks for that.

That's why Ruth is SUCH a dud. We're not the only ones who dislike his performance so much that people seem willing to vote AGAINST him just to keep him in last place. Wake up apologists.

Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 11 Wooden_board

Brandon "BJ" Routh(nasally): "Hey, all of my ten's of fans, be sure to look out for my next big role! I'll be holding a sign and dancing outside 'Lucky Yun's Tax Preparation & Chinese Food' on the corner of Skid Row & Oblivion. See you there!!!"
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  thecolorsblend Sat May 21, 2011 2:05 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Younis Page & Other Boards Follies - Page 11 Wooden_board

Brandon "BJ" Routh(nasally): "Hey, all of my ten's of fans, be sure to look out for my next big role! I'll be holding a sign and dancing outside 'Lucky Yun's Tax Preparation & Chinese Food' on the corner of Skid Row & Oblivion. See you there!!!"
Joke all you like man but you know as well as I do that several Apologists would trumpet this as the latest "achievement" for "2006's biggest star", how he's "giving something back to the fans", fuckin blah blah blah.
thecolorsblend
thecolorsblend

Back to top Go down

Post  Apologist Puncher Sun May 22, 2011 12:37 am

thecolorsblend wrote:Joke all you like man but you know as well as I do that several Apologists would trumpet this as the latest "achievement" for "2006's biggest star", how he's "giving something back to the fans", fuckin blah blah blah.

And guess what?

I'd still laugh.
Apologist Puncher
Apologist Puncher
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  non_amos Sun May 22, 2011 1:47 am

I'll put this here since it involves the subjects of Smallville and Thor but it originated from duh Homopage. I was gonna try & see if I could read some comments about 'the hulking 200-lb. Bane' since Colors said they'd probably say that Nolan gets the 'essence' of the character with Tom Hardy's portrayal. I haven't found that yet but in looking briefly at their forums, I found a couple of 'nuggets' from one of their 'Administrators' by the name of HYPOXIC, who I thought just used to be a regular sheep on the site but apparently he's been 'promoted' (on his knees I guess). Anyway, in reference to Smallville, he states:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=9110

No, I don't like the show actually, so I'm indifferent to it ending.

When someone asked him why, here's his response:

Hypoxic
Top #5 Print Post
Posted on April 27, 2011 11:23am

Administrator

I watched the entire first season, I believe, and most of the second. I didn't particularly care for it almost immediately. I did watch episodes here and there just to see if things had gotten better, but although I can see its appeal, it just didn't appeal to me.

Ultimately, I think it's taken an entirely ridiculous approach to the mythos, completely void of the substance and pathos that makes Superman great.

I'm sure there's much more in relation to Superman if I felt like researching it but you get the point. But get this! His stupidity doesn't stop with Superman. Read what he has to say about the Thor film:

Very likely going to wait for the DVD to see Thor, if at all.

But wait! He couldn't resist going ahead & seeing it anyway!:

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=9104

Hypoxic
Top #4 Print Post
Posted on May 9, 2011 1:56am

Administrator

So, I went to see it, despite my previous decision to wait.

It was, to be kind, utterly terrible.

I've never seen a superhero film so devoid of entertainment and so typical and disgustingly derivative in its plot. It's outstanding, indeed flabbergasting, that it's getting mostly positive reviews.

I rank this waste of resources up there with Daredevil.

But I bet you if I really researched this knuckle-dragger's comments, you'd find that he's a staunch Singerman supporter! I don't feel like digging into that right now but maybe later. Anyway, to him, Thor is a piece of crap film that he's scratching his head saying, how is this getting positive reviews?! But I bet you he considers Singerman a 'work of art'.

You tell me, once an apologist, always an apologist, right?! I guess it's like Keaton Bruce Wayne told Jack Joker in the '89 Batman film about the 'guy who couldn't see the train until it was 2 feet in front of him'. Or some such. Well, 'Hypoxic' just doesn't get it. My wife is not really a comics film fan & even she enjoyed Thor!

I guess the criteria for being an apologist is like having 'book-sense' but no common sense! I guess this just reminds me of why I got fed up with that crowd in the first place! Twisted Evil

Last edited by non_amos on Sun May 22, 2011 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgotten link)
non_amos
non_amos
Christopher Reeve
Christopher Reeve

Back to top Go down

Post  Father Finian Sun May 22, 2011 1:54 am

Apologist Puncher wrote:Brandon "BJ" Routh(nasally): "Hey, all of my ten's of fans, be sure to look out for my next big role! I'll be holding a sign and dancing outside 'Lucky Yun's Tax Preparation & Chinese Food' on the corner of Skid Row & Oblivion. See you there!!!"

LOL. Perhaps Neal Bailey could get him a job digging ditches

Father Finian
George Reeves
George Reeves

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum